• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1002: "Yonkou VS. New Generation" (Official Release)

Yep, but L6B? There must be something wrong there, or Zoro became the strongest OP character from one battle to the other (not impossible, but really boring).
As if we never have to deal with verses were weaker characters perform more impressive feats than stronger characters.

And even that, remember that we had Whitebeard's Quake at 8.579 Teratons which was downgrade as Environmental Destruction since it was too high.

Considering Kaido should be comparable to Old WB, Zoro getting this strong isn't that insane as you think (assuming the result from KE is correct).

Last edited:
Just putting this out there; the current result is not correct.

Low 6B from a feat that is essentially slicing a mountain and making it fly seems iffy. Between 7A - 6C is probably the best you could hope to get accepted

i think low end H6C is actually possible, not that much behind the current value, anyway i really want to see the recalcs and the changes that may come with it, good job Roronoa (tho i don't think anyone would scale to it).

A good action packed chapter with new attacks for several characters. I especially enjoyed Big Mom's Idra from a visual perspective and Killer got his chance to shine with illusion/sound manipulation.

Not much else to say about it this week. Reminder to please wait till end of Wano to make adjustments to any profiles.

P:S Thank you @Eminiteable for taking my suggestion of a poll.

Kaido is really looking unimpressive in this fight. Big Mom is literally landing all of the hits that matter while Kaido is getting his face beaten in by all 5 fighters, and his attacks have been ineffective...

Big Mom literally took out 4 of the fighters (albeit this is probably only going to last for mere moments). What has Kaido done this chapter? Hurt Luffy a little bit, that's all lol.

BM > K

So what you’re saying is that Kaido is acting as the role of Tank and taking all the shots from his opponents while his DPS faces no attacks and can gun them down... sounds like top tier team work to me.

Also imagine ignoring the other times we’ve seen Kaido fight and he does this exact same thing and repeating what everyone did then and downplay Kaido

From what I can tell Kaido seems to use his Dragon form for travel and to basically test people and see what they are hitting him with so its more of a Defensive/Tank form while his human form seems much better Offensively with higher burst speed.

Assuming he has a Hybrid Form, which I think he does, it would likely be a combination of the two which would be dangerous.

I also really liked this chapter. Zoro's/Oden's sword seems to be the biggest threat against Kaido and Big Mom.
It definitely seems very dangerous to not only them but also potentially to Zoro himself, I mentioned it last chapter and it was shown some in this one but the toll of Enma on Zoro will be interesting to see.

I also really liked this chapter. Zoro's/Oden's sword seems to be the biggest threat against Kaido and Big Mom.
kinda feel like that dragon form is very bad, kaido was a big target now he is a even bigger target
I'm of the opinion Enma will be taken by Big Mom and used to betray kaido. Have been for a while actually.

TBF Kaido's dragon form has always looked very bad.

The thought of BM using Enma feels funny just cause it’ll look like a dagger/pocket knife in her hand lol.

I like how Kaidos dragon form looks but its never seemed like it was his strongest form offensively at least since we first saw it. I am hyped for his Hybrid form tho.

Honestly I just wanna see some new attacks and potentially some Haki from Kaido.

Mama’s Indra was lite tho, shes definitely showin out rn.

If not for Luffys rubby she probably would have “team wiped”, im kinda hyped to potentially see some more stuff from Prometheus as well.

So what you’re saying is that Kaido is acting as the role of Tank and taking all the shots from his opponents while his DPS faces no attacks and can gun them down... sounds like top tier team work to me.

Also imagine ignoring the other times we’ve seen Kaido fight and he does this exact same thing and repeating what everyone did then and downplay Kaido
I'm simply making an observation. Also it's strange to call Big Mom the DPS when she's also known for her inability to take damage--though I understand your meaning since she's not having to deal with any aggression.

On the other hand, Kaido has attempted to attack and has been subverted quite easily before Big Mom stepped in. I do believe he's still holding back due to underestimating the Supernova, but as of right now, he is making himself look like a total joke.
  • I mean, even with dura-negation, the fact that Killer is capable of dealing damage to Kaido seems quite ridiculous. I can understand Law, and MAYBE Kid (Zoro with Enma is understandable to an extent), but Killer? Kaido's credibility as WSC is suffering because of this.
I'm aware Kaido plays around too much, but this is silly.

Killer is capable of dealing damage to Kaido
I think of it as a feat for Killer as opposed to an anti feat for Kaido. We were told by Hawkins that Kid and Killer actually did struggle against Kaido though they were badly beaten. Kid has also clashed with both Shanks and Big Mom before. Pre time skip, Killer was matching Urouge and Urouge beat a sweet commander post time skip

Really? I forgot that, but in this case commander level Killer has been a thing since WCI, LMAO.
0498-016.png
0498-017.png

Message from a friend of mine.

"I feel like alot of people are ignoring that Kaido is in fact carrying a whole ass Island rn with his powers while also being attacked by everyone"

Message from a friend of mine.

"I feel like alot of people are ignoring that Kaido is in fact carrying a whole ass Island rn with his powers while also being attacked by everyone"
I can see it affecting his attack power, and ability to fight normally... but not his durability.

I can see it affecting his attack power, and ability to fight normally... but not his durability.
If they didn't do these small amounts of damage where we can see some blood being spilled by Kaido, his eventual defeat this arc would be stupid and out of nowhere since not even their best attack were doing any damage.

And the Haki trump card can be used to explain that, since Armament isn't visible when not using Hardening, so fighting 5 top tiers and raising a whole island into the air may be "consuming" his haki and/or "decreasing' his focus, thus allowing the Supers to damage him.

Does anybody think that the scabbards will recover and help out in any of the fights later?

I'm simply making an observation. Also it's strange to call Big Mom the DPS when she's also known for her inability to take damage--though I understand your meaning since she's not having to deal with any aggression.

On the other hand, Kaido has attempted to attack and has been subverted quite easily before Big Mom stepped in. I do believe he's still holding back due to underestimating the Supernova, but as of right now, he is making himself look like a total joke.
  • I mean, even with dura-negation, the fact that Killer is capable of dealing damage to Kaido seems quite ridiculous. I can understand Law, and MAYBE Kid (Zoro with Enma is understandable to an extent), but Killer? Kaido's credibility as WSC is suffering because of this.
I'm aware Kaido plays around too much, but this is silly.
Tbf Oda treating Yonko as “jokes” isnt uncommon at this point, he did it to mom all the time.

I must agree I dislike how Kaido’s being handled rn but we do know that this is in character at least. I think next Chapter we will see his Human form and more offense (Hopefully some Haki).

I think we can at least put to rest the BM doubts tho.

Last edited:
If they didn't do these small amounts of damage where we can see some blood being spilled by Kaido, his eventual defeat this arc would be stupid and out of nowhere since not even their best attack were doing any damage.

And the Haki trump card can be used to explain that, since Armament isn't visible when not using Hardening, so fighting 5 top tiers and raising a whole island into the air may be "consuming" his haki and/or "decreasing' his focus, thus allowing the Supers to damage him.
Yeah plus all the damage Kaido has taken so far he just kinda seems to be shrugging off tbh, his recovery time is pretty nuts cause he’ll get hammered, yell in pain/spew a little blood and then a few panels later will look totally fine and move onto the next attack.

Does anybody think that the scabbards will recover and help out in any of the fights later?
Hmmm, i wouldn't like that, they aren't in a level they can help against the Yonkou and i really don't want them fighting with the Straws, iirc Oda also said something about Luffy having the final attack so i don't see the scabbards recovering in time to finish Kaido

Honestly I feel like if at least some of the Scabbards where seriously/permanently injured, or even killed from their battle it would make the fight and overall arc feel more impactful while adding stacks of legit danger.

I love the Scabbards and they are awesome but you are battling Yonko, it shouldnt end in everyone being perfectly healthy and surrounded by rainbows.

Honestly I feel like if at least some of the Scabbards where seriously/permanently injured, or even killed from their battle it would make the fight and overall arc feel more impactful while adding stacks of legit danger.

I love the Scabbards and they are awesome but you are battling Yonko, it shouldnt end in everyone being perfectly healthy and surrounded by rainbows.
So Okiku will get a new arm?

Sadly, their battle went from "possibly the best battle in the whole series" to "wtf, why no one died? the only defeat is an arm? wtf are you doing Kaido?", the worse part is that the change happened in 1000.

Yeah, hopefully this will not happen at the end of Wano with Luffy and Zoro being perfectly fine after fighting 2 Yonkou, but just like you and Tempest said before "Oda would never do that", so i don't see any important character suffering any type of lasting damage.

Hmmm, i wouldn't like that, they aren't in a level they can help against the Yonkou and i really don't want them fighting with the Straws, iirc Oda also said something about Luffy having the final attack so i don't see the scabbards recovering in time to finish Kaido
Maybe they will handle Big Mom's crew later?

Back