• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nerf for Solaris in particular and nobody else

Status
Not open for further replies.
No they aren't

This. I'm not sure why people are so adamant for a Low 2-C Solaris downgrade when the game is shouting at you in several places that Silver's timeline is a different one, already proving his birth alone performed a 2-C feat. Proven further by the statement of "shattered timelines" being "corrected".

Now is it time for a Low 2-C Solaris discussion rule or what?

Last edited:
Now is it time for a Low 2-C Solaris discussion rule or what?
yes-chad.gif

Honestly i agree with that, we should make a discussion rule about Solaris' feat because of how controversial and often heavily debated it is.

Also, yea, i heavily disagree with this CRT. This is just the OP's headcanon on how this feat work and taking the use of plural as singular for some reason plus ignoring the fact that Solaris destroyed everything by simply awakening.

I need to once again specify; this nerf only applies to SPECIFICALLY SOLARIS. Super forms that are currently at that level will stay at that level thanks to Egg Wizard. Hell, Solaris could debatably stay at a similar level scaling to Super Forms.

Basically, Eggman's statement isn't sufficient for Solaris to be able to destroy the entire multiverse all at once.

It seems more likely that Solaris would destroy each universe one at a time, espesially given we only see Solaris destroy a single universe in the game. The statement that Solaris "Eats dimensions for Lunch" also implies destroying universes one at a time instead of all at once.

The idea that Solaris would destroy all existing timelines likely means more that Solaris can destroy universes and isn't necessarily restricted to a single universe.

A short thread, but I honestly feel like this needs to be said. If there's something I'm missing that makes it clear Solaris would destroy the multiverse in one go, it really needs to be put on the profile.
Long time no see my loathsome copy!!

No they aren't

Man I just love when people just assume what I am going to do and why despite not knowing a single thing about what he is arguing against/in favor. So confident in being wrong

Ok so, I went and searched up 06's cutscene in Japanese to see if this checks out, and Shadow says their own Period, not timeline.

However, Eggman in an earlier cutscene mentions sending them to another timeline, so that does backup Shadow's claim in the English version. (But then again, he also talks about how they could either be in the distant past or the future, which doesn't make much sense to me, especially in future instalments which I believe confirms that Silver's future is effected by the past, but oh well. Anyways, take of this as you will.)

Last edited:
Ok so, I went and searched up 06's cutscene in Japanese to see if this checks out, and Shadow says their own Period, not timeline.

However, Eggman in an earlier cutscene mentions sending them to another timeline, so that does backup Shadow's claim in the English version. (But then again, he also talks about how they could either be in the distant past or the future, which doesn't make much sense to me, especially in future instalments which I believe confirms that Silver's future is effected by the past, but oh well. Anyways, take of this as will.)

If the future is uncertain from the present and/or if Eggman doesn't think that the future will be a wasteland then it makes sense to call that another timeline, but it's proven that going from that future to the present and vice versa it's done via traveling through time, so it's the same timeline.

This should have been sourced, as is the standard. I would like to read the full guide to see what I find, so if anyone could link it I would thank them.

Even if Solaris had that 2-C feat it wouldn't mean anything to the main argument of the thread.

Even if Solaris had that 2-C feat it wouldn't mean anything to the main argument of the thread.
Yes it would because OP's argument is that Solaris destroys everything one at a time. The fact he easily destroyed two universes at once already debunks that point and makes his arguments completely completely invalid. Arguments that you also haven't even backed up

They're not 2 universes, they're the same universe, Solaris destroying this 1 universe first by destroying its past, present & future/its 2 timelines and then destroying other universes 1 at a time still makes more sense than Solaris destroying all universes at once in 1 go. And that's under the assumption that the future is not the same timeline, which it really is, especially from the point of view of the future itself.

Two timelines, two universes, in the end it's the same and we treat it the same.
Solaris destroying this 1 universe first by destroying its past, present & future/its 2 timelines and then destroying other universes 1 at a time still makes more sense than Solaris destroying all universes at once in 1 go.
The first part of this comment is complete assumption with no proof. The latter makes more sense because it has evidence, the former doesn't. Simple as.
And that's under the assumption that the future is not the same timeline, which it really is, especially from the point of view of the future itself.
It's not an "assumption", it's what is stated in the game itself. It's a fact. Debunk it instead of presenting wild theories with no proof

I already gave reason for it in the comment that you ignored, the other I would rather keep it as your opinion that I disagree with as all I needed to say was said.

You didn't give a "reason", you just posted textual diarrhea that made no sense and meant nothing while not showing a single bit of evidence that refutes it. Solaris affcted two timelines at once, debunking OPs point. This hasn't been refuted thus far and so burden of rejoinder applies.

I'll deconstruct it more slowly, which is not needed.
If the future is uncertain from the present
If there are many ways in which the present can play out, what the future will be is uncertain. But Eggman having sent Sonic & co. into 1 set future means that exists and it is a timeline. So the future is a timeline while the present is another timeline, as they're yet to know that present will turn into that future or something else.
and/or if Eggman doesn't think that the future will be a wasteland then it makes sense to call that another timeline
For Eggman to not call that future "another timeline" he will need to know that's what's going to happen. Which he doesn't think it's going to happen or at best is neutral about it. So it makes perfect sense to call it another timeline from the present.
but it's proven that going from that future to the present and vice versa it's done via traveling through time, so it's the same timeline.
Eggman was wrong to call that another timeline, it is the future, meaning that if time keeps on happening in the same timeline, we would arrive at that future. The time travel in the game also happens via traveling through time, hence also present and future need to be in the same timeline w/o being cut off from it.

So, either Eggman was wrong to call it another timeline or it's a double-meaning scenario in which it's both another timeline but also the same timeline. If you're gonna purposely not understanding what I say again then good for you, that would already be my standard assumption that I already know, you can be super eloquent about it for other purposes if you feel like it.

Timelimes have been referred to as different dimensions in other games, so this is a bare minimum 2-C feat if Eggman sent them to another timeline (which he says he did).

More textual diarrhea. You are throwing a lot of interpretations based on Eggman's statment with no proof for anything you are actually proposing and ignoring the proof of:
Shadow calling it a different timeline removed from their own future
Silver saying that changing the past won't change his future

So yes, I will purposely not understand what you are saying because there's nothing to understand. Your post is just a bunch of words thrown together pretending to have meaning when they don't. My points have evidence from the game, you don't even know the actual plot of the game. That's the difference

If you had an understanding of what I said you would have known that that future never came to be, and so it makes even more sense to call it "another timeline" in a later game. It would make no sense to call it "the future" because it's never going to happen in the future, but back when the story of 06 wasn't over, it was going to be the future.

No Efi, it's because I "understand" the game I realized that your headcanon is completely wrong. Silver's future still exists throughout 06. Silver literally travels back to it as Sonic makes it impossible to happen in his own timeline. Blaze teleporting to another dimension happens in that future and is carried over in future games.

If you had an understanding of what I said you would have known that that future never came to be, and so it makes even more sense to call it "another timeline" in a later game.
There's no evidence that supports your headcanon. This is pure speculation.

Just as I take your posts. Wow! It's almost poetic!
Aside from the topic of the thread, that tone and to support it is clearly inappropriate. Disagreeing is no reason for emotional instability, if anything it can make one think that you handled the comments with too much emotion when reacting to what others had to say.

No need for further "yeah yeah"s, User.

If this thread is wrapping up, I do agree with with ShadowWarrior to topic ban Solaris so we can focus on more progressive indexing.

Timelimes have been referred to as different dimensions in other games, so this is a bare minimum 2-C feat if Eggman sent them to another timeline (which he says he did).
The fact that people will say that dimensions doesn't mean anything despite Solaris being stated to destroy space and time, consume timelines, shatter timelines and turn everything into nothing astounds me

Disagree

The term “dimensions” is plural, so we can’t just assume that Solaris is destroying one timeline at once, plus there is the fact that he is omnipresent albeit temporary, which says more that he is destroying multiple timelines rather than one at a time. Plus there are statements supporting this linked in this thread to support my claim.

Well, I have seen many threads where the staff input is insufficient like this.

Considering maginaryworld takes dreams from all dimensions, wouldn't that incluse itself which would spawn more universes adinfinitum, no matter the timeframe its going to be 2B no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back