• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tyranny Across Time: Solaris [Vol. 2, Pt. 1 - Sonic Revision Series]

Status
Not open for further replies.
My people! My friends! Welcome back!

As you know, I've undertaken the objective to revise the Sonic profiles and started with the backbone of the franchise (Sonic, Tails, Amy, and Knuckles). With them outta the way, other characters can begin to shine.

Since the Sonic Scholars basically voted for this in the general discussion, let's not waste any more time.

The Profile
You've seen the title. Today, I attempt to revise Solaris the Sun God.

Here's the current profile.

Here's the revised draft.

Everything in it should be stronger than what was there before, from justifications for abilities and stats to the summary. As of typing this up, all I really need to do is to:
  • Add scans to the few abilities lacking them.
  • Clean up the "Activated" abilities tabber for Solaris and add to it.
  • Expand the notable attacks/techniques section further.
  • Maybe add Standard Tactics.
I will note such edits either with comments or edits to the OP.

Staff Agree: Maverick Zero X, LordGriffin1000

Staff Neutral:

Staff Disagree:

With all that yapping over with, feel free to discuss or leave comments or criticize or whatever.

Last edited:
Considering that the EE is entirely what Mephiles, and thus Solaris, wants to do, and when we see him being born and doing it it is just an energy attack with big AOE, i feel like it would be a passive thing just like his information and concept manip are for extremely similar reasoning to them

Other than that i agree

My people! My friends! Welcome back!

As you know, I've undertaken the objective to revise the Sonic profiles and started with the backbone of the franchise (Sonic, Tails, Amy, and Knuckles). With them outta the way, other characters can begin to shine.

Since the Sonic Scholars basically voted for this in the general discussion, let's not waste any more time.

The Profile
You've seen the title. Today, I attempt to revise Solaris the Sun God.

Here's the current profile.

Here's the revised draft.

Everything in it should be stronger than what was there before, from justifications for abilities and stats to the summary. As of typing this up, all I really need to do is to:
  • Add scans to the few abilities lacking them.
  • Clean up the "Activated" abilities tabber for Solaris and add to it.
  • Expand the notable attacks/techniques section further.
  • Maybe add Standard Tactics.
I will note such edits either with comments or edits to the OP.

Staff Agree:

Staff Neutral:

Staff Disagree:

With all that yapping over with, feel free to discuss or leave comments or criticize or whatever.
Shouldn't dimensionality be placed on conceptual and informative things? Furthermore, shouldn't her information resistance be 5-D? It has sonic resistance, doesn't it? And Sonic's is 5-D.

Shouldn't dimensionality be placed on conceptual and informative things? Furthermore, shouldn't her information resistance be 5-D? It has sonic resistance, doesn't it? And Sonic's is 5-D.
Just more things to be ironed out. Good catch.

Edit: I've adjusted the profile to your suggestions. Thanks for the insight.

Last edited:
Only issue is that I'm not sure about the Resistance to Willpower Manipulation.
Yeah, that Willpower thing seems more like Supernatural Willpower.

Rest is good, though.

I wanted a Mephiles revision but this is sorta that so I'll take it.

Just more things to be ironed out. Thanks for your insight!
Speaking of that info 2 5-D thing.

I had talked to Omega about whether it was 4-D or 5-D. So he changed it to 4-D because he had said it was wrong, then a guy changed it to 5-D again, then Omega said if he doesn't know if the info 2 5-D is right or wrong.

EDIT: There's the history there but I don't know, the guy who changed it back didn't put a link from the crt to the info 2 5D info. Or they put it somewhere before but I didn't see it.

Speaking of that info 2 5-D thing.

I had talked to Omega about whether it was 4-D or 5-D. So he changed it to 4-D because he had said it was wrong, then a guy changed it to 5-D again, then Omega said if he doesn't know if the info 2 5-D is right or wrong.

EDIT: There's the history there but I don't know, the guy who changed it back didn't put a link from the crt to the info 2 5D info. Or they put it somewhere before but I didn't see it.
I'm not sure 5D info is right, since it comes from Cyberspace which is a 4D structure.

If Solaris' Low 1-C range stems from hisphysiology, then why isn't his range just straight up Low 1-C? Other than that, and what Eseso brought up, I agree. Good work Shake

I'm not sure 5D info is right, since it comes from Cyberspace which is a 4D structure.
I had asked Omega, so he said it was 4-D and changed it, but then a guy reversed it.

But in this blog that is on Sonic's profile, it says that Cyberspace is 5-D. I thought that the crt had accepted 5-D for the magical world, I don't know, I didn't follow it.

The only thing I know is that in several profiles either info 2 is 4-D (Classic Sonic) or 5-D (Resistances of modern Sonic) or it simply doesn't mention the dimensionality (modern Super Sonic/the powers and abilities part offensive)

This is sort of difficult so I'll break it down.

The OG Cyber Space in itself is currently 4-D, as it's just an infinite universal size structure (potentially a macrocosm), while its counterpart existing within Maginaryworld is 5-D by virtue of existing directly in Fourth Dimensional Space (EDIT: this is because when teaching other Ancients about it, the Elder stated "our hopes, our dreams, and memories can be uploaded to Cyber Space"). So Base Sonic's Info Manip resistance should be downgraded to 4-D, while the Chaos Emeralds' Super Form-level Info Manip and Resistance remains 5-D. This will be easier to understand when I make the Cyber Space Location Profile (spoilers).

I know there's currently a thread (JJ's thread) that wants to make Cyber Space a 5-D construct on its own, so maybe that will change things if that gets accepted.

Last edited:
Doesnt Base Sonic already have 5D info type 2 resistance from Void tho
Tbh he probably shouldn't.

Cyber Space would be embodied within Lumina because she's the embodiment of Positive Dreams, and Void doesn't encompass that. Void would only need his Conceptual Destruction to destroy the Cyber Space within Maginaryworld since his concept > Cyber Space.

Tbh he probably shouldn't.

Cyber Space would be embodied within Lumina because she's the embodiment of Positive Dreams, and Void doesn't encompass that. Void would only need his Conceptual Destruction to destroy the Cyber Space within Maginaryworld since his concept > Cyber Space.
Btw just wanted to remind you that the Resistance to Willpower IMO should be removed and just put in his P&A tabber as Supernatural Willpower for his 2nd form.

Considering that the EE is entirely what Mephiles, and thus Solaris, wants to do, and when we see him being born and doing it it is just an energy attack with big AOE, i feel like it would be a passive thing just like his information and concept manip are for extremely similar reasoning to them

Other than that i agree
more on this, it is said that the way Mephiles is going to do what he wants is by doing what Iblis does on a higher scale, indicating that it would just do like Iblis' basic fire power of burning, updating it to the new power to erase that Mephiles wants, which is supporter by, once Mephiles finally joins with Iblis and the Chaos Emeralds and starts to do what he wanted to do(Erase history and everything else) he does so by simply trowing a big ass Energy AOE attack

Seems like some of the links lead to dead videos, like the one about the hedgehogs splitting up. Thankfully there are archived versions of the Japanese cutscene subs available.

Everything seems good, I’m neutral to plot manip though, not sure if destroying the text is equivalent to being able to affect the plot.

Seems like some of the links lead to dead videos, like the one about the hedgehogs splitting up. Thankfully there are archived versions of the Japanese cutscene subs available.
Those seem to be from the links currently in the profile, hence my shift almost entirely towards replacing them with Imgur links. Noted though, I'll keep a look out.

I might as well ask the question since we're on the topic of Solaris here:

If Solaris has possibly 6-D range due to the super dimensional statement, then what does that mean for the hax from Super Sonic and other Super form characters? Because I'm pretty novice when it comes to these certain things, but I could've sworn that if you have the abilities to affect a character with possibly 6-D range then the hax has to have a similar level of potency. That is unless range =/= potency or something like that, which if that's the case then there should probably be a note explaining that

I might as well ask the question since we're on the topic of Solaris here:

If Solaris has possibly 6-D range due to the super dimensional statement, then what does that mean for the hax from Super Sonic and other Super form characters? Because I'm pretty novice when it comes to these certain things, but I could've sworn that if you have the abilities to affect a character with possibly 6-D range then the hax has to have a similar level of potency. That is unless range =/= potency or something like that, which if that's the case then there should probably be a note explaining that
Range doesnt equal potency, but Solaris still is 6D himself, and I don't know if someone who has HDE can be effected by lower dimensional hax

"Existence Erasure, History Erasure, & Plot Erasure (Would have transformed everything into nothing if not stopped, and instantly attempted to do so upon its birth, with Shadow revealing to Silver that Mephiles' true intent was to eliminate all of history. This implies erasure on a wide scale that would include realms such as the Arabian Nights, which are fundamentally bound to the stories told in them and which texts and manuscripts of the book compose reality itself)"

Where is the kanji for "erase" in the scene?

"Existence Erasure, History Erasure, & Plot Erasure (Would have transformed everything into nothing if not stopped, and instantly attempted to do so upon its birth, with Shadow revealing to Silver that Mephiles' true intent was to eliminate all of history. This implies erasure on a wide scale that would include realms such as the Arabian Nights, which are fundamentally bound to the stories told in them and which texts and manuscripts of the book compose reality itself)"

Where is the kanji for "erase" in the scene?
in the lower part, the 5th kanji from left to right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back