• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nerf for Solaris in particular and nobody else

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to once again specify; this nerf only applies to SPECIFICALLY SOLARIS. Super forms that are currently at that level will stay at that level thanks to Egg Wizard. Hell, Solaris could debatably stay at a similar level scaling to Super Forms.

Basically, Eggman's statement isn't sufficient for Solaris to be able to destroy the entire multiverse all at once.

It seems more likely that Solaris would destroy each universe one at a time, espesially given we only see Solaris destroy a single universe in the game. The statement that Solaris "Eats dimensions for Lunch" also implies destroying universes one at a time instead of all at once.

The idea that Solaris would destroy all existing timelines likely means more that Solaris can destroy universes and isn't necessarily restricted to a single universe.

A short thread, but I honestly feel like this needs to be said. If there's something I'm missing that makes it clear Solaris would destroy the multiverse in one go, it really needs to be put on the profile.

Not knowledgeable in the game, just wanna point out his profile also mentions that it would collapse time itself and that it would also destroy the maginaryworld, with countless universes, idk if those are considered timelines though, this could all be overtime though

I can understand skepticism about it being instantly, but he should still do so in relatively fast rate. Though, he is temporally omnipresent across the multiverse; so I think that really should be self evident.

I can understand skepticism about it being instantly, but he should still do so in relatively fast rate. Though, he is temporally omnipresent across the multiverse; so I think that really should be self evident.
He's only temporally omnipresent, he dosn't necessarily exist in every universe at once.

Basically, Eggman's statement isn't sufficient for Solaris to be able to destroy the entire multiverse all at once.
Why not? Eggman is certainly a reliable source with his level of intellect and he extensively researched the Solaris Project, wanting to harness its power for his plan to rule over time and space.

It seems more likely that Solaris would destroy each universe one at a time, espesially given we only see Solaris destroy a single universe in the game. The statement that Solaris "Eats dimensions for Lunch" also implies destroying universes one at a time instead of all at once.
Nothing implies he would only destroy one universe at a time. Especially not “eat dimensions for lunch.” It means Solaris can consume universes casually. Solaris would also cause time itself to collapse, which implies doing it all at once. Not only that, but in the fight he’s able to open rifts to other dimensions which shows he has the range to affect other universes from one spot.

The idea that Solaris would destroy all existing timelines likely means more that Solaris can destroy universes and isn't necessarily restricted to a single universe.
A short thread, but I honestly feel like this needs to be said. If there's something I'm missing that makes it clear Solaris would destroy the multiverse in one go, it really needs to be put on the profile.
A winged cosmic creation with the power to destroy time and space itself.

Why not? Eggman is certainly a reliable source with his level of intellect and he extensively researched the Solaris Project, wanting to harness its power for his plan to rule over time and space.
The statement is valid, but he dosn't say he'll destroy the entire multiverse all at once.
Nothing implies he would only destroy one universe at a time. Especially not “eat dimensions for lunch.” It means Solaris can consume universes casually. Solaris would also cause time itself to collapse, which implies doing it all at once. Not only that, but in the fight he’s able to open rifts to other dimensions which shows he has the range to affect other universes from one spot.
Nothing implies he'd do it all at once. Causing time to collapse only accounts for a single timeline realistically.

The statement is valid, but he dosn't say he'll destroy the entire multiverse all at once.

Nothing implies he'd do it all at once. Causing time to collapse only accounts for a single timeline realistically.

-Causing time to collapse only accounts for a single timeline.

-Is stated that it would consume all timelines in existence.

Do you not see the contradiction your interpretation has?

-Causing time to collapse only accounts for a single timeline.

-Is stated that it would consume all timelines in existence.

Do you not see the contradiction your interpretation has?
No?

He consumes timelines one at a time until they're all gone.

Considering the policy here is to use low ends, this seems like the interpretation we'd use.

There’s no policy about using “low ends” just for the sake of it. It’s about going with the most reasonable interpretation given the context provided.
And between multiple equally reasonable interpretations, the lower one should be the one chosen, no?

The fact is, little implies he'd destroy the entire multiverse all at once. Collapsing Time is only Low 2-C without more context and eating dimensions for lunch implies this would be done dimension at a time.

And between multiple equally reasonable interpretations, the lower one should be the one chosen, no?

The fact is, little implies he'd destroy the entire multiverse all at once. Collapsing Time is only Low 2-C without more context and eating dimensions for lunch implies this would be done dimension at a time.
They’re not equally reasonable.

More context right in the sentence prior where it’s stated to consume all existing timelines. Why would eating dimensions for lunch imply only one at a time particularly when there’s a plural used? It just means Solaris devours them casually.

They’re not equally reasonable.

More context right in the sentence prior where it’s stated to consume all existing timelines. Why would eating dimensions for lunch imply only one at a time particularly when there’s a plural used? It just means Solaris devours them casually.
But at the same time, it also means that Solaris isn't eating the whole multiverse in one bite.

Smashor is correct, the standard, most logical thing to say is that Solaris would destroy 1 at a time, with saying that more would be destroyed at once needing evidence for us to claim so. Also to note, for "eating universes" to be 2-C Solaris would need to eat at least 2 at once and the space between them, but what we're told he does is eat the dimensions or space & time, nothing more, info that would only make him Low 2-C.

Solaris is already above Egg Wizard, who merged at least 2 universes into one; and there are hints the "Power of the Stars" does it to all realms albeit I'm iffy on that. Plus he should still be above Illumina.

"Dimensions" is unquantifiably plural tho, with causal connotation. Where would the singularity come from?
To say what's wrong with that is to criticize your understanding of English. You can say person A will do something B to a plural amount of things while meaning that person A will do so 1 at a time. Was the plural indicative of all the plural amount of things being tackled at once? No, that's silly. Examples; "He's cleaning the dishes", "I'm going to read those books", "They're going to destroys those houses". Nor does it matter how it was a "causal connotation", that's something you say to better believe something you're not justified in believing by grabbing into it, because that it was a connotation like that seemed at glance that it was a good reason to grab into it, but it's not, it's meaningless.

Solaris is already above Egg Wizard, who merged at least 2 universes into one; and there are hints the "Power of the Stars" does it to all realms albeit I'm iffy on that. Plus he should still be above Illumina.
If his tier comes via upscaling and not the main reasons in his profile, then that's a change to be made.

Also you failed to address how Solaris can reach other universes during the boss fight if he supposedly can only affect one at a time.
If this came from someone I knew I would easily call disingenuous if deemed so, but I think it comes from other place here. In the take that Solaris is 2-B he can "reach the multiverse, all the universes in it, at once in 1 go in how he "eats"", in the take he's Low 2-C, Solaris "reaches into other universes, after reaching 1 universe in how he "eats"". The latter takes the least amount of speculation as the former is the more spectacular. This isn't something Smashor needed to address at all, that Solaris has Dimensional Travel would have been an obvious assumption.

How would the Higher Dimensional Being Solaris consume all existing timelines and make Time itself disappear if its eating Time one at a time?

Wouldn't that give Time the opportunity to spawn more timelines if Solaris is taking time to eat timelines?

Last edited:
Are we really arguing semantics about the use of a plural? Eggman says "dimensions", not "dimension", so there's literally nothing else to talk about on that front.

Also threads practically identical to this one have been made and rejected numerous times. This isn't to say a debate can't happen with new arguments, but if you're appearing with the same arguments that got a bunch of other threads closed because they weren't sufficient...

If this came from someone I knew I would easily call disingenuous if deemed so, but I think it comes from other place here. In the take that Solaris is 2-B he can "reach the multiverse, all the universes in it, at once in 1 go in how he "eats"", in the take he's Low 2-C, Solaris "reaches into other universes, after reaching 1 universe in how he "eats"". The latter takes the least amount of speculation as the former is the more spectacular. This isn't something Smashor needed to address at all, that Solaris has Dimensional Travel would have been an obvious assumption.
The latter is what takes more speculation. “Yeah Solaris could only destroy universes one by one when it was stated he’d cause all of existence to collapse.” That’s lowballing a character for the sake of doing so.

The latter is what takes more speculation. “Yeah Solaris could only destroy universes one by one when it was stated he’d cause all of existence to collapse.” That’s lowballing a character for the sake of doing so.
Solaris's literal awakening caused the main universe and the rest of the timelines to collapse after he unleashed his power causing the result we call "End of the World", even Silver's alternate timeline was distorted by that action during the same crisis. Just to support your argument

Why is Solaris above Egg Wizard anyways?

Like, Solaris is just a random light god, nowhere says they're the god tier of the verse afaik.

Solaris's literal awakening caused the main universe and the rest of the timelines to collapse after he unleashed his power causing the result we call "End of the World", even Silver's alternate timeline was distorted by that action during the same crisis. Just to support your argument
Some more proof for that might be nice, since as far as I can tell we only see them destroy the one, maybe two.

I'm sorry, but what?

Solaris literally erased everything when he first awakened, and the Encyclopedia confirm it too. To me it just seems like someone just doesn't like to see Solaris being 2-B and thus try to downgrade

Worst case scenario, you can probably assume a timeframe and get a hypothetical universes per second rating. It would probably still be 2-B due to how big the cosmology was at the time with MW+Many worlds

Disagree. This entire thread is just arbitary downplaying. There's nothing proving he can only destroy one universe at a time, and that is directly contradicted by him destroying Sonic and Silver's timelines (who are different in this game) in a instant

How would the Higher Dimensional Being Solaris[...]
And not to mention Solaris is a "Super dimensional being"
You're not meant to take dimensionality as meaning anything for your take simply because what Solaris is based on being a super dimensional being already fits on either take.
[...]consume all existing timelines and make Time itself disappear if its eating Time one at a time?

Wouldn't that give Time the opportunity to spawn more timelines if Solaris is taking time to eat timelines?
You can't make the argument that it wouldn't be possible if time spawns more timelines if you don't know how much time it takes for time to do so or nor do you know the speed in which Solaris would eat everything.
Are we really arguing semantics about the use of a plural? Eggman says "dimensions", not "dimension", so there's literally nothing else to talk about on that front.
Solaris destroying all of the timelines isn't something suprising or anything.
See here:
To say what's wrong with that is to criticize your understanding of English. You can say person A will do something B to a plural amount of things while meaning that person A will do so 1 at a time. Was the plural indicative of all the plural amount of things being tackled at once? No, that's silly. Examples; "He's cleaning the dishes", "I'm going to read those books", "They're going to destroys those houses". Nor does it matter how it was a "causal connotation", that's something you say to better believe something you're not justified in believing by grabbing into it, because that it was a connotation like that seemed at glance that it was a good reason to grab into it, but it's not, it's meaningless.
Also threads practically identical to this one have been made and rejected numerous times. This isn't to say a debate can't happen with new arguments, but if you're appearing with the same arguments that got a bunch of other threads closed because they weren't sufficient...
Trivia informed, so now we can move on from it w/o it being informed again.
this is literally the words of the actual context of the game VS your personal headcanon that isn't supported by anything else
It doesn't need to be supported by anything else because that's the most logical take on those words, to give the most logical take on sentences is not give a personal headcanon.
Not a lot to work here as your reply is just a biased taunt rather than an explanation.
[...]and that is directly contradicted by him destroying Sonic and Silver's timelines (who are different in this game) in a instant
They are different and at the same time are Present and Future of the same universe.
----
If it wasn't clear, there is some "I'm gonna comment what I think but not look up if parts of what I say were already said by others before" going on here, whatever the cause of it may be. Let's be more mindful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back