• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DemonGodMitchAubin

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
Natsu was able to defeat Zeref in what everyone assumes to be his Base, but if you notice beforehand Natsu's GuildMark began to glow before his final punch against zeref which gave him tons of power and the ability to negate Zeref's Power, so I believe that we should add a new form to Natsu's Page reffered to as Natsu Flames of Wild Emotion and make it High 6-C since he managed to defeat Fairy Heart Zeref with it
0535-018
0536-015

Natsu even scratching Zeref without igneel's power and his Dragon force is just PIS.

So, no upgrades.

His wild emotions are his rage power in a certain sense.

The fact that he scratched him is why I suggest a new form as it looks like he attained a new power when his guild mark glowed

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
The fact that he scratched him is why I suggest a new form as it looks like he attained a new power when his guild mark glowed
It's just plot. Having his mark shine is just an excuse to try and justify an ass pull, but it's not a valid thing.

It's just like Erza taking control over the energy of tenrou island.

Assuming that Natsu can surpass Zeref when before he needed some of the power of Igneel's himself just to land hits is beyond absurd.

Defeating Zeref without Dragon Force or Igneel's power is why I'm suggesting a new form, it would give more explanation to why Natsu won instead of just PIS, I think it would make it more clear

Giving a new form to it doesn't make it less of a PIS. Plus that is not really a new form it's just Natsu naming his new attack that he later didn't use agaisnt a far more powerful opponent.

Natsu was beaten up and barely moving and now he pulls out a move through his anger that allows him to jump on a lvl beyond his DF and Igneel's power... That is just absurd.

Also, the only reason Natsu didn't die in that battle is because Japanese fans were complaining.

On pools for magazines were FT was published they complained about death of certain characters which "costrected" Hiro Mashima to use ass pulls and PIS just to satisfy them.

Fairy Tail is just like Dragon Ball Z when it comes to power ups, they happen all the time due to the characters emotions and I feel like if Kaioken x20 which is a technique gets a page on Goku's page then why wouldn't Natsu who get's this technique get a page

Also it may be a one time use form just like Igneel's Power, which got also got a mention

Also he was Heavily Fatigued when fighting Acnologia, the only time he powered up is during the end of the fight where he put everything he had into one punch

Lastly just because Hiro corrected his manga, that does not mean we can ignore what happened in the plot, so I think Natsu Flames of Wild Emotion is justification for a new Form/Power

We don't ignore the plot, we have Plot induced stupidity for a reason.

And the battle with Acnologia is even worse.

That said, arguing this between the two of us is pointless.

I already said my opinion on the matter, so you can at max wait for others.

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
Defeating Zeref without Dragon Force or Igneel's power is why I'm suggesting a new form, it would give more explanation to why Natsu won instead of just PIS, I think it would make it more clear
Everything that happened in the end of fairy tail had no explanation for why things happened.

@Glassman Japanese fanboys of FT that don't want to see their favourite characters die is the reason.(partially, the rest is Hiro Mashima and his plot).

Read the interview Hiro Mashima left during a con in NY I believe.

You're Right I'll wait for others opinions, I'm just trying to find reasons for things at the end of Fairy Tail

Blanked said:
@Glassman Japanese fanboys of FT that don't want to see their favourite characters die is the reason.(partially, the rest is Hiro Mashima and his plot).
Are you serious??? And I thought the Rukia x Ichigo fans were acting immature when bleach ended.

I'm also for adding a whild flames version of Natsu. Hiro gave a horrible explanation on Natsu defeating White Zeref due to his "wild emotions", but it's still canon. Even if this doesn't make much sense, and is horrible writing, it still happened. Natsu's emotion often added power to him, like at the point where he soloed Sting and Rogue even though they were actually quite strong later on.

So Natsu's "Flames of Wild Emotion" is a legit powerup, despite it being stupid and having horrible writing.

And how is that any different from his other high 6-C versions? It barely changes anything from how he was in base form.

Wild Flames of Emotions tie into his rage power. And I wouldn't consider it an actual power up. And Natsu beating Zeref is complete and total plot induced stupidity.

@Theglassman12

His base is normally 7-A though. Plus with his Wild Flames he was able to burn off Zeref's magic, so this form also has limited power nullification

Captain Torch said:
@Theglassman12

His base is normally 7-A though. Plus with his Wild Flames he was able to burn off Zeref's magic, so this form also has limited power nullification

Pretty sure Natsu wasn't 7-A whenever he fought Zeref or he'd get spattered. And He's always had power nullification so that's not a good argument.

@Torch Natsu being able to beat sting and Rogue with his emotional power-up is so out of scale in confront to beating Zeref, that's its actually laughable.

Blanked said:
@Torch Natsu being able to beat sting and Rogue with his emotional power-up is so out of scale in confront to beating Zeref, that's its actually laughable.
EOS FT is out of scale overall, so the point is moot.

The point still stands, that since Hiro told the reason Natsu beated Zeref, the powerup is real. It may look like PIS and it is horrible writing, but the author confirmed that Natsu was able to beat Zeref because of that. So either Natsu in base is High 6-C, or his Wild Flames form is High 6-C

Or maybe the Auhtor never heard of power scailing or doesn't give a shit about it.

Considering it's the same author who first introduced Brandish and made her scare the shit out of everyone so much that Natsu would of used igneel's power against her if she was interest in a fight and than made the spriggans loose easily and on many stupid ways.

So, it's just PIS(read the definition of it).

Wild emotions are not a new form, the glowing of the mark has 0 sense, there is no valid explanation to it and that's all.

In my modest opinion.

Yes, Spriggans were overhyped. We thought Natsu's bandages would be needed for the Spriggans, and it turned out we didn't.

This situation is different however. Zeref is definetly High 6-C, scaling from Irene. Even if Hiro doesn't give a shit about power scaling, we can't deny that Natsu defeated Zeref. If Hiro did it with the implication that Natsu defeat him with his normal power, then it would be PIS. But Hiro especially underlined the fact that Natsu was stronger due to his emotions. It's stupid, but it's that way.

So either Natsu's base form is High 6-C due to his emotions, or his "wild emotions" is a separate form entirely.

His Nakama powerups never were so huge. It's just wrong to ignore facts that were showed to us in the manga. I can see PIS at first, when Zeref didn't want to fight Natsu seriously. But when he turned to FH, and Natsu got revived they battled equally. So either Zeref's FH Zeref downgraded him(which is hugely unlikely), or Natsu's "Post-Revival"/Flame of Emotion/Base form is High 6-C

Erza also defeated Kyoka with Nakama Power. Doesn't change the fact that she defeated her, and is stronger than her.

Erza though was always comparable if not stronger than Kyoka who simple got the advanatge due to hax she posses, plus Erza also won cause Kyoka couldn't take away her sight. Though calling it a win the fact that Erza was on the ground unconscious after the last exchange of blows is not really that accurate.

Again, that is no form, it's just a meteor that one shotted Arceus.

Also, if you really wish to discus this ask @Aiden who is repsonsabile for pretty much all FT scailing and ask @Reppuzan as well since he is fairly knowledgable about the verse.

Right at this moment is when Natsu's "END" Magic Power was granted to him, the Book of END's Magic power is an equal increase to the power of Fairy Heart. That explains why Natsu was able to defeat Zeref with Fairy Heart, the power is now permanently fused with Natsu which explains the "Flames of Wild Emotion" THAT IS END'S POWER, which is why even Zeref said "I can't move, I've NEVER experienced this before". This is why Flames of Wild Emotion should be a form.

0535-004
0535-007

Fact is, a Natsu that wasn't in Dragon Force, beat Zeref, it makes more sense if FOWE was a form, either that or base Natsu is at least High 6-C

I doesnt make sense unfortunately, because the same thing happened when they fought Ajeel where Erza, Lucy, Wendys, Natsus and Grays guild mark shined. This is base Natsu beating Zeref, and everyone calling it PIS doesnt know the story, since FDKM was raping Zeref

But there are other signs besides the glowing mark, such as Zeref flat out admitting it is a different flame than before. Also Natsu was fighting on par with a non serious zeref without Fairy Heart, this is completely different, Zeref was unimpressed by Natsu's punch that evaporated him, but was Shocked when Natsu used the Flames of Wild Emotion

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
But there are other signs besides the glowing mark, such as Zeref flat out admitting it is a different flame than before. Also Natsu was fighting on par with a non serious zeref without Fairy Heart, this is completely different, Zeref was unimpressed by Natsu's punch that evaporated him, but was Shocked when Natsu used the Flames of Wild Emotio
Maybe, or it can just be Natsu getting more serious, hes seen to power escalate many times in fights. Like vs Sting and Rogue, or Ajeel a good example too.

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
But still he should have this as a form
I would agree IF Natsu didnt have these BS moments where he powers up out of friendship or pure sheer power, but since this was also seen in Ajeel I dont see how this isnt coincidental. So idk, if this wasnt seen in Ajeel id agree. But even if it were a new form we cant call it emotion since Natsu uses Macao Flames of Emotion but that just grants better control, it should be called something else

Blanked said:
Giving a new form to it doesn't make it less of a PIS. Plus that is not really a new form it's just Natsu naming his new attack that he later didn't use agaisnt a far more powerful opponent.
Natsu was beaten up and barely moving and now he pulls out a move through his anger that allows him to jump on a lvl beyond his DF and Igneel's power... That is just absurd.

Also, the only reason Natsu didn't die in that battle is because Japanese fans were complaining.

On pools for magazines were FT was published they complained about death of certain characters which "costrected" Hiro Mashima to use ass pulls and PIS just to satisfy them.
Im sorry thats not true because some fans were actually asking for characters to die, since FT never had a character die (except for Simon) to increase character development. This isnt PIS, rather just another instance where Natsu powers up out of no where, its seen against Ajeel, its seen against Sting and Rogue, its seen against Laxus (cant beat base Laxus but beats DF Laxus?) its seen against his last fight against Acnologia (he had no reason to even stand up to him before gaining powers of all dragons). This is one of many times, and I dont see why you see it as so absurd, Natsu at base forms had already burned away walls of reality, the reason he won was because he was able to burn away his magic (which he had shown to do in the same arc) and not out of sheer power. I agree its strange as you said, but its something we see consistently in FT and certain instances are not boosted by plot (for example Ajeel, Acnologia and Laxus) so we cant call it PIS if its a consistent thing.

@Acnologia that doesn't make any sense. Just because the asspull victories are consistent throughout the arc doesn't mean it's not PIS at all. It just means the characters can win every fight in the stupidest ways possible.

@Acnologia "most" Japanese fans were complaining and those count far more than any others as they have the "power" to vote on magazines pools where FT is published.

And again i already said it myself that Natsu won cause he burned fairy heart(tho it's more a theory that anything else), but if that is true than he didn't get upgraded simply because with power nullification he doesn't have to be as strong as Zeref to burn his magic.

For the other battles the only true pis is battle with Acnologia, but he did get a power up and he does have that on the profile cause it has sense.

In this battle only his power nullification can have more or less sense, but him beating Zeref through AP doesn't have sense and that's it.

Against Ajeel he didn't power up he simply burned his sand which is normal.

Agaisnt Laxus he "won" cause Laxus wasted his energy on Fairy Law. And because Gajeel saved him in the last minute.

Back