• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
So, this CRT is just to improve the Gildarts Powers and Abilities section, because I see that some things and certain explanations are missing.

Fear Manipulation, Paralysis Inducement, and Limited Shockwave Creation (When he unleashed his raw magical power on Natsu, the force was so intense that Natsu was paralyzed with fear to the point where he knelt before Gildarts and admitted his own defeat. It caused tremors that were felt all over Tenrou Island).

Possible Limited Mind Manipulation via Crush (When he turned Natsu into pieces, all of his parts had their own minds and wills, including arguing over who the real Natsu was)

Non-Physical Interaction via Crush (Can split Natsu's flames. Destroys magical laser-like explosions. Destroys Bluenote's "Black Hole", which was literally gravity condensed into a single point. Deletes God Serena's magical explosions based on natural elements)

Deconstruction, Power Nullification, Durability Negation, Explosion Manipulation (Crush is Gildart's main magic, in Mira's words "It turns everything it touches to dust" and as Gildart explains, the magic allows him to break everything into pieces. From people, as he does to Natsu, to magical attacks. As a side effect, he can also cause explosions and rebuild the targets he destroyed).

Cyborgization (Partial. After Acnologia ripped off his left arm and leg, as well as an unidentified organ. Gildarts replaced them with metal prosthetics).

These are minor updates in my opinion, I mean the prosthetics part is so much of the character that it should seriously be on his page already. But that's all I think should be added.

Agree: Excel616, Grand_Astartes, DemonGodMitchAubin , RIZEXX, Eseseso, DaReaperMan

Disagree:

Neutral:

Last edited:
It's sad that you have such a trash taste for verses 😔
Anyway, remove the vibration manipulation as I have said, its just the power of the Shockwave. The same for "durability negation". It doesn't have reason to be there

EDIT: As well descontruction. Thats just AP without context

Last edited:
It's sad that you have such a trash taste for verses 😔
Anyway, remove the vibration manipulation as I have said, its just the power of the Shockwave. The same for "durability negation". It doesn't have reason to be there

EDIT: As well descontruction. Thats just AP without context
Gildarts openly ignores his opponents' durability when using his Crush, for example by splitting August's body into several blocks even though he couldn't fully wound him with normal blows.

Agree with everything except vibration manipulation, it just seems to be quakes from the result of his sheer magic power being unleashed rather than the actual separate ability to create/manipulate vibrations. (Side note, the cyberization page is weirdly worded at some parts and the grammar seems a bit funky in places too.) Also I am a bit meh on power nullification. Going with how it's used here I don't think it would necessarily apply mostly because the ability page makes it seem as if power null would have to be a separate, specific ability rather than an effect, unless there is a scan from the series I'm forgetting. However if an attack that deconstructs another attack counts for power null then it would be fine.

Last edited:
Agree with everything except vibration manipulation, it just seems to be quakes from the result of his sheer magic power being unleashed rather than the actual separate ability to create/manipulate vibrations. (Side note, the cyberization page is weirdly worded at some parts and the grammar seems a bit funky in places too.) Also I am a bit meh on power nullification. Going with how it's used here I don't think it would necessarily apply mostly because the ability page makes it seem as if power null would have to be a separate, specific ability rather than an effect, unless there is a scan from the series I'm forgetting. However if an attack that deconstructs another attack counts for power null then it would be fine.
I will remove the vibration manipulation, but do you agree with the shockwave creation?

Sorry for the mistakes in the cyborgization part, English is not my first language, so some mistakes occur.

I will remove the vibration manipulation, but do you agree with the shockwave creation?

Sorry for the mistakes in the cyborgization part, English is not my first language, so some mistakes occur.
I'm sorry I should have clarified, I meant the cyberization page itself, like the page in the powers and abilities section of the main site. I think limited shockwave creation would be alright.

Well first of all the first scan doesn't work and I had to put about 90% of your OP into Google Translate to understand it, otherwise...

Mind Manipulation seems fine

Aura is obviously fine

Shockwaves are fine

NPI is fine

Deconstruction and Dura neg are a no-go

Fear Manipulation is iffy from the scan I can see, since Natsu could've been shocked by this dude making big ass earthquakes with his aura

Well first of all the first scan doesn't work and I had to put about 90% of your OP into Google Translate to understand it, otherwise...

Mind Manipulation seems fine

Aura is obviously fine

Shockwaves are fine

NPI is fine

Deconstruction and Dura neg are a no-go

Fear Manipulation is iffy from the scan I can see, since Natsu could've been shocked by this dude making big ass earthquakes with his aura
I will fix the image and text, I think some problem occurred while I was editing it earlier.

What's wrong with deconstruction and hard neg?

Natsu has no problem with characters causing tremors or causing destruction with their aura, even Natsu gets scared before the tremors, and runs towards Gildarts only falling to his knees when Gildarts stares him straight in the eye.

I will fix the image and text, I think some problem occurred while I was editing it earlier.

What's wrong with deconstruction and hard neg?

Natsu has no problem with characters causing tremors or causing destruction with their aura, even Natsu gets scared before the tremors, and runs towards Gildarts only falling to his knees when Gildarts stares him straight in the eye.
OK.

I literally cannot see Deconstruction in that scan. Plus I haven't seen a Dura Neg scan yet in this thread.

Can I get a scan of Natsu not being bothered by tremors?

OK.

I literally cannot see Deconstruction in that scan. Plus I haven't seen a Dura Neg scan yet in this thread.

Can I get a scan of Natsu not being bothered by tremors?
Link and text fixed.

About deconstruction, Gildarts proves to be able to turn anything into tiny pieces, for example Bluenote's black hole that turns into small squares or Natsu's body that turns into mini Natsu's, by Gildarts own choice because he didn't want to kill him.

August can defend himself and resist Gildarts' blows, including one that used his natural weakness, but when Gildarts uses Crush to deconstruct him, he is unable to resist. Here

Natsu in the scene itself, runs towards Gildarts even with the tremors, but if you still want, I can search for more scenes of him ignoring tremors.

IS there any need to be that condescending? Anyways, what is the overall consensus so far OP?
If saying i can't read Indonesian or whatever the language was is and that the translated version I could get didn't do well is condescending, then I'd HATE to see what you think being nice is like

If saying i can't read Indonesian or whatever the language was is and that the translated version I could get didn't do well is condescending, then I'd HATE to see what you think being nice is like
Where did you see Indonesian? And it could have been addressed much better is my point. I'd hate to see what you think being nice is if you can't have the slightest bit of charity. Regardless I don't care about convincing you of anything or derailing so again, if OP could give a status that would be fine.

Back