• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Natsu Dragneel vs. Demiurge

Status
Not open for further replies.
And even then the time travel debunks Natsu being 400 years old. He was born 400 years ago but didn't lived that time.

It was in the same arc, my point was that he planned it out in advance and that's implying that the portal counted by biological age and not chronological age which is disproven by what actually happened.

@Anon

Yeah, it shouldn't take too long.

It depends how the Rune language Freed uses works. Makarov translated it as "people under the age of 80 can not pass through" while as I'm sure we all know from reading translations from fans and viz, it can be interpeted different ways. My head canon is that it reads as "people born over 80 years ago can not pass through"

I mean, you'd only assume resistance for the things they've shown / things that's directly stated or implied or it'd be a NLF, similarly to resistance to magic and stuff. You can't say they can resist all demonic abilities in general without feats.

But headcanon at last. If the DS were frozen in a suspended animation then I would agree with that but isn't a plothole only if you go to the only solution which isn't the most viable one.

Burning Full Fingers said:
I mean, you'd only assume resistance for the things they've shown / things that's directly stated or implied or it'd be a NLF, similarly to resistance to magic and stuff. You can't say they can resist all demonic abilities in general without feats.
It's similar to how holy weapons in fiction can be said to be effective against demonic characters so they are treated as if they did more damage.

@Burning

We assume a general magic resist for dragons based off of statements explaining the reasoning for DS in the first place, saying no magic but dragon magic can bypass the resisitance etc.

What is the difference with doing so for Demon Particles when the conversation this was revealed in happened between two possessors of the Demon Particles where both agreed and Lamy (demon scientist) was even doing background commentary and didn't disagree with what was being said. There is even a feat involved in that scene which brings up the topic. Seems pretty cut and dry tbh.

@Blank

I'm not sure if we're on the same page, but I'm talking about crossover fights between series and not in-verse stuff. Saying no other magic aside from dragon slaying magic will do anything to dragons in a crossover fight can be said to be the embodiment of a textbook NLF.

It's completely fine for demons to have resistance to demonic abilities and for dragons to have resistance to magic; I'm just saying assuming they have resistance to things they haven't been shown or implied to resist is a NLF. Natsu (not E.N.D) that's used as an example was affected by demonic abilities.

@Dragon

Yes, but it's not quite the same. Holy weaponry can do more damage against demonic beings, but saying demons can resist all demonic abilities is an obvious reach.

Resisting doesn't cover every aspect of the hax.

You can resist having your soul removed, but by no means does that allow you to resist having your soul destroyed.

Assuming they can resist one aspect of a type of hax means that they can resist all aspects of it is NLF at its finest. For example, resisting timestop doesn't let you resist time rewind, despite both haxes working on time manipulation.

Fairly sure his mind hax is not a demonic ability. If it is, and the CRT is made, this is a stomp.

If Natsu resists everything AND has the AP advantage, shouldn't this be closed for a stomp?

No, it has to be an ap stomp for it to be closed because of that.

If Natsu resists everything AND has the AP advantage, shouldn't this be closed for a stomp?

Natsu resists everything?

So?

>Natsu resists everything

I just covered why he wouldn't resist Soul Destruction.

And it's casual 15 gT versus casual 24 gT. The hell is the AP stomp coming from?

DragonEmperor23 said:
He resists it because he burned his own soul, not the death manip thing.
If he burned his own soul, and it wasn't outright negated, why the heck wouldn't Demiurge be able to incinerate it? Keep in mind Demiurge instantly did this to two people at once.

I never said it was an AP stomp, I asked if it should be closed for stomp because people were arguing Natsu could even absorb the Hellfire and resists all demonic abilities, the AP advantage was just the icing on the cake, even if it was slightly more

That wouldn't make it a stomp, as Demiurge can still win through attacking normally.

A stomp is where a character has no possible way of winning.

And that wasn't directed at you in particular; there were other people mentioning AP stomp.

DragonEmperor23 said:
I didn't say you said it was an Ap stomp, I said the gap wasn't big enough for it to be a stomp.
The focus of my post was supposed to be how Natsu is being argued to resist seemingly every hax Demiurge has

Dargoo Faust said:
That wouldn't make it a stomp, as Demiurge can still win through attacking normally.

A stomp is where a character has no possible way of winning.

And that wasn't directed at you in particular; there were other people mentioning AP stomp.
Ok, I get it now, I'm pretty new here, still learning

Apeironaxim said:
The focus of my post was supposed to be how Natsu is being argued to resist seemingly every hax Demiurge has
I feel like we're sort of forgetting Demiurge's Hellfire negates flame resistances.

Even then the soul destruction should still work unless Natsu has outright negated something like that before.

Apeironaxim said:
Ok, I get it now, I'm pretty new here, still learning
Ah, no worries. Sorry, I've had an abundance of people argue about stomps before.

Isn't that referring to the Soul Destruction aspect of it though? "Even if you have a perfect resistance to fire, you will not come away unharmed from this." It's not that it negates the resistance, but that the soul destruction doesn't have anything to do with the effect of the fire itself.

No, he only reffered to the soul destruction aspect of it when talking to Evileye, and he was melting Momon's armor at the moment, not trying to damage Momon's body.

I don't think Demiurge ever mentions the soul aspect, only Evileye notes it after seeing her teammates are physically unharmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back