• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Natsu Dragneel vs. Demiurge

Status
Not open for further replies.
AnonymousBlank said:
WHYNAUT said:
All of that still doesn't protect him from Demi's hellfire.
>Tanked soul burning flames before
>Can't tank soul burning flames now

You ... will have to explain this gap in logic to me
You said Natsu can burn souls, not that he resist getting his soul burned.

So just because he didn't kill himself means he's resistant to soul hax?

I'm not buying it. If you want him to have official soul hax resistance, make a CRT. Otherwise, Demiurge wins.

This isn't on the profile yet but Natsu has resistance to soul manipulation. Zeref couldn't take Natsu's soul with his Death Magic.

Then get it applied. Until it's there we can't use it in his defense.

With it, probably a stomp since soul hax was Demiurge's leading move and best way to win.

Yea, unless Dargoo can toss us a bone here I think it's a stomp.

Dargoo simply needs to change the version of Natsu to a lesser version, in that case he wins decisively

Thought it was Igneel's scarf that protected him the first time, and then he burned it the second time. If he tanked it, he should get resistance to death magic by himself as well.

Dargoo Faust said:
Also Demiurge is undamaged by fire on a 15 GT level, and regularly surrounds himself with his own soul destroying flames.
I don't think we give characters resistance to their own hax like that.

Schnee One said:
Dargoo simply needs to change the version of Natsu to a lesser version, in that case he wins decisively
Which version should I change it to? I always get confused with characters that a ton of different keys.

DragonEmperor23 said:
This isn't on the profile yet but Natsu has resistance to soul manipulation. Zeref couldn't take Natsu's soul with his Death Magic.
Soul Destruction >>>>>> Soul Removal

It would be like saying someone who resisted mind control would also resist their mind being erased completely.

Which version should I change it to? I always get confused with characters that a ton of different keys.

The first 6C key I think

The first 6-C key is FDKM (what is being used now). The next two are END and Dragonification which do the same things except the former makes him bloodlusted and the latter gives him flight. FDKM was already his weakest 6-C key.

When I said "they do the same things", I should have specified that they do the same as FDKM but with an additional power each. Dragonification puts it even more in Natsu's favor since Dem loses his flight advantage. Maybe END's bloodlust could make it easier but I dunno.

Dargoo brings up a good point. Casual soul destruction of many people > Stealing the soul of one person.

ThePixelKirby said:
Dargoo brings up a good point. Casual soul destruction of many people > Stealing the soul of one person.
Exactly. I don't watch Fairy Tail so I don't know the context, but I'm pretty sure Natsu resisting having his soul absorbed does not mean he can resist soul destruction, like what Demiurge has

Natsu resisting soul destruction comes form having been stated to be burning his own soul with his flames and walking that shit off.

Fairly sure this is stated above, but I'm fairly sure we don't give characters resistance based on their own hax like that, similar to what was said above.

I don't see Natsu surviving more than one Hellfire.

Oh, just noticed, Natsu not only has little resistance against soul destruction, but I don't see any resistance to mental hax, either.

So, Command Mantra and Hellfire both work. And Demiurge wouldn't mind using Command Mantra.

He can also fly, teleport, summon armies, and knows the arena incredibly well.

Yea, Demiurge takes this.

AnonymousBlank said:
Natsu resisting soul destruction comes form having been stated to be burning his own soul with his flames and walking that shit off.
From what this says, it sounds like he still damaged his soul with his flames, meaning if this kind of resistance is allowed, it would just take more than one Hellfire Wall or Hellfire Mantle, he wouldn't be no-selling it

Also, Hellfire Wall completely incinerated the soul in a very short time, while it sounds like Natsu's flames were just burning his soul a little

So 1-2 Hellfire attack's or any mental command instantly beats Natsu. He can also teleport and fly to avoid Natsu's attacks.

Hm.

There's a difference between light homing and tracking teleporting constantly all while avoiding minions in the crossfire.

As well, Hellfire is fast and burns the soul. When he used Hellfire Wall, the wave that passed by Evileye didn't do anything, but a massive wall engulfed the two fellows behind her. Natsu would need to be expecting Hellfire to come out if he is going to eat it, and even then, he has literally nothing against mental attacks. As well, Demiurge isn't a human lover either. He'll likely not think much of Natsu and attempt mind control early on.

That, plus the massive intelligence gap, better hax, better mobility, and summoning...

The Hellfire isn't a mental attack and it won't oneshot Natsu due to his resistance. After it burns his soul, he will obviously notice and eat it.

How strong are the minions?

How does his fire eating work?

Does it nullify any extra effects of the magic?

Hellfire Mantle doesn't burn things like regular fire, as it was described the people who were hit by it didn't even look burned, it just destroys the soul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back