• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
It's only Space Ishtar, and most likely the servant verse version of Greek gods as well will get it.

On servant verse, it's about them getting planet lvl tier.

It's only Space Ishtar, and most likely the servant verse version of Greek gods as well will get it.

Okay wasn’t sure because we were on the discussion of hgr and you were talking servant verse, so I assumed it also had something to do with HGR

Was there a mention of Servantverse Greek Gods in Space Wars? Can't remember and can't search right now

A question to anyone willing to think through it - How would/could any Nasuverse character overcome Satoru Gojo's Limitless - Neutral Form: Infinity?
Two considerations - MEoDP could obviously just cut it, but I'm not considering this specific "cheat" right here. This also applies to things that would not overcome, but ignore Infinity, things like Sympathetic, for example. Also, considering that any form of Resistance or Immunity against power X or hax Y would be irrelevant because the power itself affects space and not any target.

The idea came when I was thinking about how Fate doesn't have a lot of "interaction" between powers themselves (being the "Mystery vs Mystery"/Advantage, that is very very situational and doesn't really follows any structured logic), even though there's obviously Flat Escardos/Thia Escardos, but it is one of those cases that the exception proves the rule for being such an exception, I guess.

Last edited:
A question to anyone willing to think through it - How would/could any Nasuverse character overcome Satoru Gojo's Limitless - Neutral Form: Infinity?
Two considerations - MEoDP could obviously just cut it, but I'm not considering this specific "cheat" right here. Also, considering that any form of Resistance or Immunity against power X or hax Y would be irrelevant because the power itself affects space and not any target.
There are so many abilities that bypasses Gojo's infinity that it's not even funny. From the top of my head, we have;

Cu's Gae bolg which is basically a reversal of causality that would always hit its target except you have Fate manipulation which Gojo obviously doesn't have.

We have Ea which is self explanatory.

Edmond Dantes just walks past it and burns Gojo to death.

Musashi's zero slashes it to infinity.

Sasaki does the same with his slashes

There are so many more but its tiring listing them on.

Gae Bolg would work I feel.
Enuma Elish and Enkidu should work?
Serenity can just poison him.
Various servants should be able to just charm or mind manip him.
Medea with prep can probably beat him. Or just Rule Breaker.
Most high level Casters might be able to bypass Infinity tbh with prep.
Servants with high enough luck or Pioneer of the Stars might just be able to bypass it. Luck is BS in Fate.
Musashi's hax is absolutely getting past it.
Dioscuri's NP should just bypass it as well as that's what it does.
Caladbolg can twist space, so Fergus, Kuro, and Archer bypass.
Verse Equilization means that Kiritsugu bodies Gojo with his Origin Bullet I think.

So many more

There are so many abilities that bypasses Gojo's infinity that it's not even funny. From the top of my head, we have;

Cu's Gae bolg which is basically a reversal of causality that would always hit its target except you have Fate manipulation which Gojo obviously doesn't have.
Gáe Bolg: Spear of Piercing Barbed Death
Type: Anti-Unit
Range: 2~4
Maximum targets: 1
Problem being, the spear has obviously a range. The range it would have to travel through to get past Gojou's Infinity would be infinite, which is higher than the Range of the NP.

Yeah, Anti-World are one of the cases I thought about because they do exactly the needed destruction/alteration of the space.

The problem is that he cannot walk through that space. And even if he could, can the flames?

So, suicide attack? Okay
But if you are refering to normal Empyrean Eyes, she needs to have a chance of doing the slash itself first, to then limit the outcome to that single one.

Why? This one really doesn't make sense to me...
There are so many more but its tiring listing them on.
I think you are being to generous to Fate and ignoring the interactions and characteristics of Gojou's Infinity a bit...

Gae Bolg would work I feel.
Above
Enuma Elish and Enkidu should work?
Anti-Worlds in general, yeah. Enkidu the chain or Enkidu the character?
Serenity can just poison him.
I can't say I'm remebering this 100% correctly, but I think Gojou or someone has said that he can literally filter substances he wants to go through, and I do remember the case of "harmful" things being filtered. And it's something he does automatically/in a subconscious level. But I can be remember wrong.
Various servants should be able to just charm or mind manip him.
That would be one case of ignoring, I would say. As I said, MEoDP would end that shit in one slash, but I was thinking about something else.
Most high level Casters might be able to bypass Infinity tbh with prep.
If you consider Cursed Techniques as something similar to spells, I would actually argue it would be worst for Casters because of the magical energy interaction thing, that's been in the Nasuverse since the VN. (Rin not being able to fix the objects Shirou failed to reinforced -> shattered because they had magical energy imbued in them).
Servants with high enough luck or Pioneer of the Stars might just be able to bypass it. Luck is BS in Fate.
Yeah, but that would be kinda bullshit...
Musashi's hax is absolutely getting past it.
Above
Dioscuri's NP should just bypass it as well as that's what it does.
I would argue there's nothing to bypass at all, and that's the problem. The technique only makes space become "infinite", it doesn't block anything. And Discouri's NP doesn't destroy that space. A case could be made that it would interact with something like a "spell formula" or something that is active in that space, though.
Caladbolg can twist space, so Fergus, Kuro, and Archer bypass.
That would probably work, yeah. Didn't though about Caladbolg.
Verse Equilization means that Kiritsugu bodies Gojo with his Origin Bullet I think.
It would have to hit his body, what makes it useless, I feel like? What ***** Magi against Origin Bullets is that, as in Volumen's case, the object hit was linked to the Circuits themselves. This doesn't seems to be the case for Jujutsu, or at least I can remember a single case of an interaction like that being used.

Even in Fate/Zero itself, the Command Seals Kayneth had were preserved, for example, even if his body (muscles, nerves and circuits) were ****** up irreparably.

Last edited:
Gae Bolg is difficult tbh.
Both technically. The chain prevented Illya from teleporting Berserker so. Could just be a part of the Anti Divine kit though and not do that against non divine opponents.
I can't say I'm remebering this 100% correctly, but I think Gojou or someone has said that he can literally filter substances he wants to go through, and I do remember the case of "harmful" things being filtered. And it's something he does automatically/in a subconscious level. But I can be remember wrong.
Gojo specifically cant filter harmful chemicals. Such as poison.

If you consider Cursed Techniques as something similar to spells, I would actually argue it would be worst for Casters because of the magical energy interaction thing, that's been in the Nasuverse since the VN. (Rin not being able to fix the objects Shirou failed to reinforced -> shattered because they had magical energy imbued in them).
Even still, Medea can spam teleport with enough prep. Plus Casters like Solomon are broken.
Musashi and Sasaki have Immeasurable speeds at their peaks. Even with just Empyrean Eye Musashi Fate Hax should bypass it.
I would argue there's nothing to bypass at all, and that's the problem. The technique only makes space become "infinite", it doesn't block anything. And Discouri's NP doesn't destroy that space. A case could be made that it would interact with something like a "spell formula" or something that is active in that space, though.
Dioscuri NP specifically ignores various physical and magecraft defenses.

It would have to hit his body, what makes it useless, I feel like? What ***** Magi against Origin Bullets is that, as in Volumen's case, the object hit was linked to the Circuits themselves. This doesn't seems to be the case for Jujutsu, or at least I can remember a single case of an interaction like that being usused.
Nope. Origin Bullet just has to hit any Cursed Energy of Gojo. It worked even though Kayneth blocked it with his most powerful defensive option and it didn't even touch the man. Once the origin bullet comes in contact with Infinity, that's gg.

Above

That would be one case of ignoring, I would say. As I said, MEoDP would end that shit in one slash, but I was thinking about something else.

Yeah, but that would be kinda bullshit...

Above

That would probably work, yeah. Didn't though about Caladbolg.

It would have to hit his body, what makes it useless, I feel like? What ***** Magi against Origin Bullets is that, as in Volumen's case, the object hit was linked to the Circuits themselves. This doesn't seems to be the case for Jujutsu, or at least I can remember a single case of an interaction like that being used.

Even in Fate/Zero itself, the Command Seals Kayneth had were preserved, for example, even if his body (muscles, nerves and circuits) were ****** up irreparably.
Question can any of the Chinese servants bypass gojo?

Even still, Medea can spam teleport with enough prep. Plus Casters like Solomon are broken.
I would agree, but there's one detail that is important here - Medea's Teletransport is not True Teleport, but instead utilizes the manipulation of space. So, either she would not be able to teleport THROUGH Infinity, or she would Teleport closer and them be frozen because she, when finishing teleporting, would be in the space affected by it.

Though I would actually agree that, if there's any spell to counter Infinity, Medea would be in the Top 3 magi capable of thinking/performing it.
Musashi and Sasaki have Immeasurable speeds at their peaks. Even with just Empyrean Eye Musashi Fate Hax should bypass it.
You mean Zero vs Infinity Musashi Sasaki?

Dioscuri NP specifically ignores various physical and magecraft defenses.
Yeah, but that's the point, it's not a defense. But this would be a discussion of classification/interaction, I guess.

Nope. Origin Bullet just has to hit any Cursed Energy of Gojo. It worked even though Kayneth blocked it with his most powerful defensive option and it didn't even touch the man. Once the origin bullet comes in contact with Infinity, that's gg.
Let me try explaining this again - yeah, the Origin Bullets did do the most damage possible because Kayneth was using his most powerful defense (that is, was turning his Circuits and generating ME to his fullest), but simply hitting the ME itself isn't the conditional here. The ME was being generated and supplied by his Circuits, that is, linked and constantly in motion (Kayneth VH becomes a pool of mercury once ME stops being supplied). The Origin Bullets ****** him because of this connection through which the ME was being supplied. The Origin then takes effect, Severs -> Binds. As the Circuits are actualized in the physical body of the Magus while he is actively using them, the body itself gets ******.

Jujutsu's CE lacks the qualities of ME here, and the techniques as far as I know lack this connection between caster and active spell.

But anyways we have some np that just ignore distance when used (okita alter np aboslutely touch him) and wouldn't all reality marble function on him? Kama/kiara/abigail etc would be able to touch him too i think,

Tho some servant could have hard time affecting him but like okasabehime should instant kill him, since her instant death is based on sight and not distance

But anyways we have some np that just ignore distance when used (okita alter np aboslutely touch him) and wouldn't all reality marble function on him?
Was thinking about this too
It would be a question of what exactly RMs do in my opinion - do RMs create domains with specific, fixed rules (which begs the question - can anyone modify such rules?) or do them only create the domains in which they add their specific rule?

Was thinking about this too
It would be a question of what exactly RMs do in my opinion - do RMs create domains with specific, fixed rules (which begs the question - can anyone modify such rules?) or do them only create the domains in which they add their specific rule?
Some RM have fixed rule yeah, at least tsukihime explain it like that

Reality marbles, which are limited in use to a single pattern, but force everything to submit to the user's personal rules. Though the methods are different and they are each limited in their own way, the fact remains that they are both powerful abilities that change the world.

Gae bolg doesn't work through an armor if it covers your whole body so it sure as hell won't work against infinite distance, it doesn't magically close the distance, piercing the heart needs to be possible for gae bolg to even work.
It's... not
these 3 are fine

Ea rips apart Space Time, so uh Infinity gets destroyed.

Also does Gae Bolg not work against someone with armor? Where is that from? Never seen that before.

Gojo specifically cant filter harmful chemicals. Such as poison.
young gojo couldn't. That's explicitly something he trained hard enough to get past.
Ea rips apart Space Time, so uh Infinity gets destroyed.
I'm saying that it's not self explanatory, EA isn't even the weapon that is the most well known for having an effect on space (that's caladbolg, but yeah it works.
Also does Gae Bolg not work against someone with armor? Where is that from? Never seen that before.
it was said that if cu fights siegfried, the spear would aim for his back automatically, which imply that it just fail to work if your body is fully protected

young gojo couldn't. That's explicitly something he trained hard enough to get past.
I dont think there was any confirmation that he succeeded at this. Just that he was working on it.
I'm saying that it's not self explanatory, EA isn't even the weapon that is the most well known for having an effect on space (that's caladbolg, but yeah it works.
Ah yeah, that's fair
it was said that if cu fights siegfried, the spear would aim for his back automatically, which imply that it just fail to work if your body is fully protected
Never heard that.
Misinformation. Gojo says he would eventually like to deal with poisons, but it would take time. Mind you, this was when he was a teenager.
See above. He can't distinguish them. He's saying it will take time before he's able to. No proof he can yet.
Cursed Death Paintings all possess poisonous blood, which he effortlessly blocks. Even if he did get poisoned, he scales above Yuta, who can heal off poisoned people, which is noted to be highly advanced, even for Reverse Curse Technique users.
He blocks it because it fits the other criteria not because of it being poisonous. This is like catching a poisoned arrow and saying the person resists the poison because of it.

As for whether or not he'll be able to remove Serenity's poison idk. She has some of the most powerful poison in Fate afaik. Or at least the most varied. Granted I doubt she can get her insta kill kiss off. But her poison should still be very potent and fast acting.

See above. He can't distinguish them. He's saying it will take time before he's able to. No proof he can yet.
Again, eventually, when he was a teenager. Considering when he’s an adult Infinity works down to an atomic level, capable of controlling space-time, poison is not getting through to him whatsoever.

He blocks it because it fits the other criteria not because of it being poisonous. This is like catching a poisoned arrow and saying the person resists the poison because of it.
Completely dissimilar, Gojo himself already works on identifying mass, speed, and shape, along with intensity of CE, so it’s clear it’s not blocking it just because it’s dangerous. Note that him resisting poison was never my argument.

Again, eventually, when he was a teenager. Considering when he’s an adult Infinity works down to an atomic level, capable of controlling space-time, poison is not getting through to him whatsoever.
Yes, this doesn't mean he can break down what the chemical structure is and determine whether it is dangerous or not. His ability works on the atomic level, doesn't mean he can distinguish between things on that level. Or in this case a bit larger. We have literally ZERO proof that he has upgraded it to be able to distinguish based on if it's poisonous. In fact we have proof of the opposite.
Completely dissimilar, Gojo himself already works on identifying mass, speed, and shape, along with intensity of CE, so it’s clear it’s not blocking it just because it’s dangerous. Note that him resisting poison was never my argument.
Gojo was attacked by a poisonous stream of blood at a high speed. The attack had speed, mass, a dangerous shape, AND Cursed Energy. Even without the poison this attack was considered "dangerous." If you want to prove Limitless works against poison, show it working against something that is just poisonous. Not an attack that also has poisonous properties.

I was using an analogy there. Here's a better one the, if someone has a forcefield that doesn't work against liquids, and it blocks a vial with liquid in it. It doesn't suddenly work against liquids. It blocked the vial, not the liquid in the vial.

It seems people don't understand how Gae Bolg actually works. It already hits it target before it gets thrown

D524-C37-E-B51-F-412-D-89-F1-382-F38-C347-D8.png

What’s the biggest thing she has ever distorted?

Also, about Gae Bolg:
Noble Phantasm
Gáe Bolg: Spear of Piercing Barbed Death

Type: Anti-Unit
Range: 2~4
Maximum targets: 1

While this is a technique employing Gáe Bolg as a melee attack, it is originally a magic spear for throwing. With a technique that reverses the meaning of "cause and effect" in the order of things, the "result" that "the heart of the opponent has been pierced" is created earlier than the moment it is thrust. Accordingly, the "cause" that "the lance has pierced through the heart" is generated from it later. Without a great deal of luck (like Artoria), it can be said that this is a technique that determines "if it is released, the opponent is dead." However, against Servants like Heracles who can move even when their heart is destroyed, there is a small disadvantage. Compared to the Spear of Striking Death Flight, both the range of effectiveness and the destructive power are weakened. However, it is worth mentioning that "the magical energy cost is low." For having such a strong effect as "almost certainly will destroy the enemy's heart," without the need of a terrible amount of magical power, it becomes an excellent Noble Phantasm of extraordinary usability.
First thing - it reverses the meaning of cause and effect in the order of things. This is important because of the second part - it is clearly said it has a range and that it's range is below the thrown version. Therefore, I think it's clear that even if Gae Bolg has a "100% chance to hit", it still has conditions or requirements for the NP to activate, one of those being range. Wodime/Olga magecraft has uses this language of "reverses cause and effect", but they nonetheless have conditions and requirements for their activation. Simplifying, NP aren't True Magic and can do impossible things.

EDIT: Also, from Character Materials itself:
>The Noble Phantasm Gae Bolg

Nasu:
A weapon that strikes with guaranteed fatal blows sounds like a total cheat, but I guess it doesn't sound as bad now since we were just talking about Berserker earlier. (laughs)

Takeuchi: Are there any limitations to the use of Gae Bolg, or is the True Name the only requirement?

Nasu: The Noble Phantasm will activate if Lancer is within spear-striking distance of his opponent. If his opponent has a high luck stat, the attack can still miss, though that is quite rare.
Nasu: Without a doubt. Archer knows that too, which is why he stays as far away from Lancer as possible. If Lancer ever got that look in his eyes and took the stance, Archer would backpedal like his life depended on it, because it would.
So, at least to me, the interaction here seems clear - Infinity makes it so the distance between him and opponent becomes infinite as in an infinite convergent series -> Gojou's would therefore not be within striking distance.

what about the mystic eyes of distortion. Can it bypass infinity?
Fujino's ME would complete ignore Infinity because they rely only on her ability to perceive a thing and on her conceptual understanding/beliefs on if its "bendable/twistable". It basically affects Gojo's body directly instead of being something like a thing that goes through space.

Last edited:
Back