• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Ultima's word isn't law, we have other people who are well versed in tiering who disagrees with stuff (like DT) he believes in such as Ultima thinking being above concept of dimensions is High 1-A and tier 0 apophatic. About that.
I don't remember ever claiming that Ultima's words were law. All I said was that he was more knowledgeable on this topic than DT. Take it easy man😐
Oh sweet summer child..

Can't tell me this doesn't essentially just sound like The Root.
If overvoid was truly apophatic, he wouldn't scale below the writer. That makes no sense. Claimed to be beyond definition yet Grant Morrison could very well redescribe it if he wanted to. Overvoid contradicts itself.

I don't remember ever claiming that Ultima's words were law. All I said was that he was more knowledgeable on this topic than DT. Take it easy man😐

If overvoid was truly apophatic, he wouldn't scale below the writer. That makes no sense. Claimed to be beyond definition yet Grant Morrison could very well redescribe it if he wanted to. Overvoid contradicts itself.
The thing is, DT is going to make it so that being beyond definition/concepts will just be +1 dimension rather than 1-A. This will apply to The Root and any verse that uses Apophatic Theology for a 1-A rating.

The thing is, DT is going to make it so that being beyond definition/concepts will just be +1 dimension rather than 1-A. This will apply to The Root and any verse that uses Apophatic Theology for a 1-A rating.
Thay makes no sense but ok. Let's see how thay goes.

Dt is going to make it if the verse doesn't have anything that could explain his possible existance above infinite hierarchie. The root have description being the antonymic of the concept of infinity. And being the only denial of the end that make true infinity non existant.

Dt is going to make it if the verse doesn't have anything that could explain his possible existance above infinite hierarchie. The root have description being the antonymic of the concept of infinity. And being the only denial of the end that make true infinity non existant.
I scaled that shit to high 1A using proper logic but knowing how many 🐑 use this wiki, they would never even accept it as 1A.

Oh boy... I won't even get into how assumptive and NLF this is. AFAIK true infinity was a mistranslation and plus it wouldn't have any relation to set theory or infinite hierarchies.

Oh boy... I won't even get into how assumptive and NLF this is. AFAIK true infinity was a mistranslation and plus it wouldn't have any relation to set theory or infinite hierarchies.
Nobody talked about set theory, and DT talked about being above infinite infite which technically qualify, the true infinity is not even needed here. the only part needed is that it's above concept of infinity and End.

Yeah, considering some verse actually have bazillion of reason and actual mathematical to reach High 1-A.

Even Blue and White in past reached High 1-A due to their mathematics nature.

Yeah, considering some verse actually have bazillion of reason and actual mathematical to reach High 1-A.

Even Blue and White in past reached High 1-A due to their mathematics nature.
I don't care about High 1-A. (In first it was used as supportive argurment for 1-A)

They nothing that stop soul reaching an apopathic entity (even more when the whole verse exist within it and that without bs soul are on same level than the root).
Souls have already been said to DISPERSE into place, to begin with. The whole "souls GO to the root" is in contradiction with every other single piece of lore we have about souls. And I won't even talk about spiritrons and soul qualia, because that is has never been well explained enough.

TsukiRE even explicitly says Roa knows jack shit about death, only knows about life. All the explanation about what he did with his soul and etc make it very clear he never goes to anything such as the Root.

And, add to that, why do people talk as if the Root is a place? The only descriptions of people about it never mentions any sort of physicality or spatiality - Ryougi describes it as she's in a coma, and if you want to consider Aoko activating Magic Blue, she literally is looking inwards/towards her "inner" self.

Now, "the whole verse is within it" is just misunderstanding what the thing is... It is literally said to be boundless, and therefore, it has no within or outside, to begin with.

Last edited:
Souls have already been said to DISPERSE into place, to begin with. The whole "souls GO to the root" is in contradiction with every other single piece of lore we have about souls. And I won't even talk about spiritrons and soul qualia, because that is has never been well explained enough.

TsukiRE even explicitly says Roa knows jack shit about death, only knows about life. All the explanation about what he did with his soul and etc make it very clear he never goes to anything such as the Root.

And, add to that, why do people talk as if the Root is a place? The only descriptions of people about it never mentions any sort of physicality or spatiality - Ryougi describes it as she's in a coma, and if you want to consider Aoko activating Magic Blue, she literally is looking inwards/towards her "inner" self.

Now, "the whole verse is within it" is just misunderstanding what the thing is... It is literally said to be boundless, and therefore, it has no within or outside, to begin with.
Sould disperse and back away to the root. Roa made is own soul a transmissible informations that go trhough the cycle of reincarnation. And isn't the who holy grail war using the route of soul to the root to attain it? And we have the statement that when someone touch the root, they erased bcz the soul go back where it came from

Bcz it's sometime described as a place. "The mass of nothigness", the place where soul recycle or aoko believing that people that touch want to rest there etc.

Last edited:
Ciel's weapon IIRC
I think it was also mention in Babylon with the whole underworld thing or in Solomon with Mash's death.

And we have the statement that when someone touch the root, they erased bcz the soul go back where it came from
In the same light novel that Aoko literally "went to Akasha's Gate" by looking inwards into her own self
That is, bu the way, one of the ways void Shiki describes herself, something something the body that only looks inwards into its nothingness

Ciel's weapon IIRC
I think it was also mention in Babylon with the whole underworld thing or in Solomon with Mash's death.
I changed my comment, Ciel weapon is made to dispere the soul in first no?

For babylon i suppose it's depend on the god, since budha tell that samsara( reincarnation of the soul) exist

Ciel's weapon IIRC

In the same light novel that Aoko literally "went to Akasha's Gate" by looking inwards into her own self
That is, bu the way, one of the ways void Shiki describes herself, something something the body that only looks inwards into its nothingness
I mean it doesn't really contradict that the soul go back to it no? Can mean a part of it exist in everyone. We know alaya wanted to find the root by searching shiki body

I mean it doesn't really contradict that the soul go back to it no? Can mean a part of it exist in everyone
In the definition of "soul as part of a person", it does.
Even Roa only reincarnates as an existence, not as a person. As Elesia (Ciel), even if the soul was Roa's, the mind and body were Ciel's. Roa wasn't even the one actually performing the actions, only the one giving commands.

Last edited:
In the definition of "soul as part of a person", it does.
Even Roa only reincarnates as an existence, not as a person. As Elesia (Ciel), even if the soul was Roa's, the mind and body were Ciel's. Roa wasn't even the one actually performing the actions, only the one giving commands.
Yeah but nobody talked about the soul as a person, we know from the begining that roa wasn't anymore a person but just fragment of informations

Yeah but nobody talked about the soul as a person, we know from the begining that roa wasn't anymore a person but just fragment of informations
In the description of how Roa reincarnates, the Root is not mentioned as a stepping stone of his soul, as far as I can remember at least, in TsukiRE.

He even selects a host before dying. The whole "he goes to root and doesn't get recycle" makes no sense if the host was already "infected" with him...

Back