• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Well, we'd have one main writer and like, a council deciding how events would work out.

An RP thread where each person gets a character with randomized clans and chakra levels and stuff and then strategically beat the shit out of each other's villages. I have a level-based system for RPGs. I could also run the regular story with people replacing existing characters.
Ngl, I might start one of these this week if people want to participate.

I just realised that it's harder for Shikamaru to combat Omnipotence than Sasuke or Amado. Sasuke was helping Boruto cuz he trusted Sarada. So even if nobody told him anything about Omnipotence, he'd still have no issue helping Boruto. Amado has his inventions as proof for his belief. But Shikamaru's source of belief in Boruto is Boruto's explanation about Omnipotence. Something that Omnipotence will actively try to erase. So Shikamaru is basically trusting a traitor for no reason other than the fact that if he establishes that trust as a premise, everything else fits perfectly. That's a lot harder to do imo.

I just realised that it's harder for Shikamaru to combat Omnipotence than Sasuke or Amado. Sasuke was helping Boruto cuz he trusted Sarada. So even if nobody told him anything about Omnipotence, he'd still have no issue helping Boruto. Amado has his inventions as proof for his belief. But Shikamaru's source of belief in Boruto is Boruto's explanation about Omnipotence. Something that Omnipotence will actively try to erase. So Shikamaru is basically trusting a traitor for no reason other than the fact that if he establishes that trust as a premise, everything else fits perfectly. That's a lot harder to do imo.
It definitely is, but that's what we expect from da GOAT.

what are some naruto/boruto hot takes you guys have thats not related to powerscaling?
1. Hiruzen was not that bad to naruto's upbringing all things considered
2. Itachi was a monster (killing his entire clan)
3. Uchiha clan actively contributed to the clan's downfall (it wasn’t all tobirama/danzo/hiruzen)
4. Tsunade was not a bad hokage (trust me. It's a hot take)

Here are mine

1. Part 1 Naruto is my fav part but the idea that shippuden stopped using strategy or became dbz is beyond stupid when the war arc alone has fights that are way more complicated than anything in part 1
2.Kushina isnt a badly written female character just because she was a mother
3. Shippuden didnt ruin the supporting cast of the series, people need to understand that the Konoha 11 are not the strawhats nor the main supporting cast, shippuden just like part 1 gives a lot of screentime and love to its supporting cast the only difference is who it focuses on, part 1 focused heavily on the Konoha 11 because part 1's story was tied around becoming a ninja what that entails and what it means to you individually. shippuden's scope and focus shifted and te supporting characters changed to accomdate this.
4. Five Kage Summit arc is one of the best arcs and utlizies every character from team 7 well, including Sakura and her controversal shitty confession

Last edited:
the amount of people that dont understand that Itachi as a character is meant to be wrong is wild to me.
Yeah, like, Itachi himself just straight up spells it out to Naruto, Kabuto, and Sasuke. The man has a lot of regrets, and that should be obvious to anyone.

Don't really agree with him being some irredeemable monster, though.
He was a literal child put in an impossible position by the actual monsters in this situation (Konoha and the Uchiha Clan's top brass respectively)

Don’t forget, Shikamaru watched the Video of Amadou making that admission. So it’s not really just Boruto’s accounting he’s taking into consideration but every little piece of information.

Contradictions (Omnipotence suppresses Questioning them, but they still exist in everyone’s mind) + Boruto’s Account + Amadou’s admission

The later 2 are informing the first for Shikamaru, which is why he starts saying if you swap their rolls, everything falls into place.

I think he actually has more going for him than Sasuke and Amadou.

Questions I think he’s asked himself that Omnipotence doesn’t suppress:
  1. If Boruto (Kawaki) is gone, why is Eida still here?
  2. Why would Sasuke aide and run away with Boruto (Kawaki) when he potentially killed his best friend and tried to kill his daughter and student?
  3. Why is Sarada and Sumire riding so hard for Boruto (Kawaki) when he potentially killed Naruto and tried to kill her?
And when you take Boruto’s Account + Amadou’s Statements into account and Swap them, this makes sense and the contradictions then go away.

I’m actually curious about what Sai thinks… 🤔

Last edited:
Don’t forget, Shikamaru watched the Video of Amadou making that admission. So it’s really just Boruto’s accounting he’s taking into consideration but every little piece of information.
Yes but Amado's admission doesn't mean as much to Shikamaru as Sarada does to Sasuke, or Amado's inventions do to Amado. So if we're going by things to trust, Shikamaru has the least.
Contradictions (Omnipotence suppresses Questioning them, but they still exist in everyone’s mind) + Boruto’s Account + Amadou’s admission
Amado's admission is a part of the contradictions, not something separate. It's like how Sasuke gave his headband to Boruto and not Kawaki.
The later 2 are informing the first for Shikamaru, which is why he starts saying if you swap their rolls, everything falls into place.

I think he actually has more going for him than Sasuke and Amadou.
There is no way that's true. Just think about what each of them have to combat Omnipotence. Which do you think is more trustworthy? Do you think Shikamaru trusts Amado's admission nearly as much as Sasuke does Sarada? Or Amado does his own habits and inventions? Even in this chapter, Shikamaru doesn't even think about Amado's admission. Amado's admission holds as much relevance as any other contradiction, for example when Sasuke pointed out that Momoshiki was inside Boruto. So I don't see why you're counting Amado's admission as something extra when it's a part of the bag of contradictions that every character has to deal with.
Questions I think he’s asked himself that Omnipotence doesn’t suppress:
  1. If Boruto (Kawaki) is gone, why is Eida still here?
  2. Why would Sasuke aide and run away with Boruto (Kawaki) when he potentially killed his best friend and tried to kill his daughter and student?
  3. Why is Sarada and Sumire riding so hard for Boruto (Kawaki) when he potentially killed Naruto and tried to kill her?
And when you take Boruto’s Account + Amadou’s Statements into account and Swap them, this makes sense and the contradictions then go away.
Yup. And this is harder for Shikamaru because he doesn't have a solid anchor. When Amado asks himself why he believes that Kawaki is the one with his daughter's data, he has his own habits and inventions as proof, something that he trusts more than anything and something that isn't tampered by Omnipotence. Same with Sasuke. But that isn't the case for Shikamaru. Amado's admission holds as much weight for Shikamaru as any other physical or memory contradiction.

Amado's admission is a part of the contradictions, not something separate. It's like how Sasuke gave his headband to Boruto and not Kawaki.
Not the case. Based on what Sarada said, the contradictions being suppressed are strictly related to Boruto and Kawaki. The head band that Boruto should have, Momoshiki, that afflicts Boruto, Kawaki’s modifications, Boruto’s pictures, etc.

Amadou’s statement about his beliefs on the matter based on his tech wouldn’t fall into the category of things Omnipotence is suppressing.
There is no way that's true. Just think about what each of them have to combat Omnipotence. Which do you think is more trustworthy? Do you think Shikamaru trusts Amado's admission nearly as much as Sasuke does Sarada? Or Amado does his own habits and inventions?
The question isn’t about which is more trustworthy. Shikamaru clearly isn’t using “trust” in the same way as Sasuke or Amadou. He’s working with the information he has, and is coming to a conclusion based on that because of the logic and sense it makes, which is more than Sasuke and Amadou has (Edit: I should say more “Direct” then they have, for clarification sake).
Even in this chapter, Shikamaru doesn't even think about Amado's admission. Amado's admission holds as much relevance as any other contradiction, for example when Sasuke pointed out that Momoshiki was inside Boruto.
Disagree, and it not being mentioned doesn’t mean it’s not a factor still. You’re coupling Amadou’s admission with things that are affected by Omnipotence and it’s not one of them. I refer back to my first response above. I’ll also add that this chapter also proves Boruto’s Account is not “fully” affected by Omnipotence, only certain aspects of it, which Shikamaru recounts and is shown to us. This adds more support that Amadou’s statements aren’t affected as it has no parts that Omnipotence would suppress. Shikamaru’s ability to remember his conversation isn’t suppressed. “Omnipotence” is suppressed. Not the general information relayed.
So I don't see why you're counting Amado's admission as something extra when it's a part of the bag of contradictions that every character has to deal with.
Again, I refer to my first response above.
Yup. And this is harder for Shikamaru because he doesn't have a solid anchor. When Amado asks himself why he believes that Kawaki is the one with his daughter's data, he has his own habits and inventions as proof, something that he trusts more than anything and something that isn't tampered by Omnipotence. Same with Sasuke. But that isn't the case for Shikamaru. Amado's admission holds as much weight for Shikamaru as any other physical or memory contradiction.
This is only correct if you believe Amadou’s Admission would be affected by Omnipotence, but it isn’t.

2. Itachi was a monster (killing his entire clan)
He was literally ordered to do it, and told if he didn't, they'd be killed anyway, along with him, his brother, and many more civilians.
3. Uchiha clan actively contributed to the clan's downfall (it wasn’t all tobirama/danzo/hiruzen)
"Contributed" is doing some heavy lifting considering they were being actively marginalized, and then planned a bloodless coup without the use of the Nine-Tails.

what are some naruto/boruto hot takes you guys have thats not related to powerscaling?
Pain, Itachi, Kabuto, Orochimaru, Jiraiya, Hiruzen, Gaara and Shikamaru are the best written characters in this series. Shikamaru is unfortunately hated in the Naruto fandom in Turkey. Especially in these TBV incidents, the group that translated the manga cursed Shikamaru's mother. They are all Hashirama fans. One of those guys worshipped Hashirama, but I don't think he is such a well written character. I mean, I don't understand how someone can praise Hashirama's writing while seeing most of the other characters as trash when there are dozens of good characters in this series.

Not the case. Based on what Sarada said, the contradictions being suppressed are strictly related to Boruto and Kawaki. The head band that Boruto should have, Momoshiki, that afflicts Boruto, Kawaki’s modifications, Boruto’s pictures, etc.

Amadou’s statement about his beliefs on the matter based on his tech wouldn’t fall into the category of things Omnipotence is suppressing.
"Amado worked on Kawaki and not Boruto" is not different from "Boruto was in pictures with Naruto and Kawaki wasn't". Both serve to prove that there was a switch in one's memory as Amado stated. So agree to disagree.
The question isn’t about which is more trustworthy. Shikamaru clearly isn’t using “trust” in the same way as Sasuke or Amadou.
Which is why it's harder for him. That's my point. His trust is working in a more abstract manner.
He’s working with the information he has, and is coming to a conclusion based on that because of the logic and sense it makes, which is more than Sasuke and Amadou has (Edit: I should say more “Direct” then they have, for clarification sake).
I disagree. The information and amount of it is irrelevant since it clearly goes away eventually. Everything boils down to "why" one believes what they do.
Disagree, and it not being mentioned doesn’t mean it’s not a factor still. You’re coupling Amadou’s admission with things that are affected by Omnipotence and it’s not one of them. I refer back to my first response above.
Refer above.
I’ll also add that this chapter also proves Boruto’s Account is not “fully” affected by Omnipotence, only certain aspects of it, which Shikamaru recounts and is shown to us. This adds more support that Amadou’s statements aren’t affected as it has no parts that Omnipotence would suppress. Shikamaru’s ability to remember his conversation isn’t suppressed. “Omnipotence” is suppressed. Not the general information relayed.
This chapter doesn't prove that. Omnipotence is clearly stated to erase someone's memory "as time passes". So currently Shikamaru might remember some parts of it, but he's prolly gonna forget more and more with time.
This is only correct if you believe Amadou’s Admission would be affected by Omnipotence, but it isn’t.
For Shikamaru, yes. I think Omnipotence is gonna make him ignore these facts just like all the files and pictures of Boruto and Kawaki.

At the end of the day, none of this actually matters. The amount of data is irrelevant since Omnipotence is clearly defined in a way that these things don't matter. One's mind is always gonna start ignoring them, so I don't think accounting for them makes any sense. All that matters is the reasoning one gives for helping Boruto. Sasuke does this cuz he trusts Sarada. And because of that all the facts make sense to him. But if you remove Sarada, the facts won't matter. Similarly Amado only cares about his daughter and trusts his habits. So he isn't even worried about trusting Boruto or believing that a switch happened. So it's the easiest for Amado imo. Finally Shikamaru first has to establish trust in Boruto for an abstract reason and then all the facts make sense. He has to work backwards which is way harder imo.

So in terms of how hard it is for them, I think:

Shikamaru > Sasuke > Amado (by his own admission)

On top of all that, the same guy couldn't even begin to criticize Hashirama in terms of power. When the guy was asked Hagoromo or Hashirama, he said he wasn't sure. He made a video called Hashirama vs DMS Kakashi and said, "Are you comparing a PERFECTLY WRITTEN character like Hashirama with the DMS Kakashi nonsense?" The guy doesn't even know the subject he's criticizing after making his video. People are comparing DMS Kakashi to Hashirama in terms of power, but the guy is talking about how written he is. He even made a comment like, "Tsunade is stronger than Tobirama because she's his student."

On top of all that, the same guy couldn't even begin to criticize Hashirama in terms of power. When the guy was asked Hagoromo or Hashirama, he said he wasn't sure. He made a video called Hashirama vs DMS Kakashi and said, "Are you comparing a PERFECTLY WRITTEN character like Hashirama with the DMS Kakashi nonsense?" The guy doesn't even know the subject he's criticizing after making his video. People are comparing DMS Kakashi to Hashirama in terms of power, but the guy is talking about how written he is. He even made a comment like, "Tsunade is stronger than Tobirama because she's his student."
What the ****...?

Pain, Itachi, Kabuto, Orochimaru, Jiraiya, Hiruzen, Gaara and Shikamaru are the best written characters in this series. Shikamaru is unfortunately hated in the Naruto fandom in Turkey. Especially in these TBV incidents, the group that translated the manga cursed Shikamaru's mother. They are all Hashirama fans. One of those guys worshipped Hashirama, but I don't think he is such a well written character. I mean, I don't understand how someone can praise Hashirama's writing while seeing most of the other characters as trash when there are dozens of good characters in this series.
Shika dear deserves more love.

idk in a question on hashirama vs hagoromo is ridiculous i can't begin to imagine. It's like his brain knows it's hag but he just doesn't want to say it

He was literally ordered to do it, and told if he didn't, they'd be killed anyway, along with him, his brother, and many more civilians.
a lot of people in the fan base view him as a saint, a narutoesque kinda guy
That's why i used the word monster
I'm well aware of the circumstances that drove him to wipe out the clan

idk in a question on hashirama vs hagoromo is ridiculous i can't begin to imagine. It's like his brain knows it's hag but he just doesn't want to say it
Hagoromo is a dumb composite character with essentially all the hax, skill, and intelligence under the sun.
BUT, Hashirama is a chad tree man...
I think the answer to who would win is rather obvious.

So in our fandom Hagoromo>All characters because his HAX's are so good even the crowd that says it's better. He even had a meme. When someone asked what Hagoromo's hax was on an Instagram post, he said "he has a different hax". I've been using this meme for 3 years. I even wrote about it in a Versus Thread here.

people dont understand that the point wasnt that itachi didnt make the better choice out of the two, its the idea that itachi only had two options, which itachi himself laments on.

saying itachi had no other option means you already agree with Danzo's ultimatum.

people dont understand that the point wasnt that itachi didnt make the better choice out of the two, its the idea that itachi only had two options, which itachi himself laments on.

saying itachi had no other option means you already agree with Danzo's ultimatum.
No it doesn't, what are you on about? Danzo was factually making him choose one.

Realistically, was there any other choice for Itachi? Danzou straight up told him that the Leaf was gonna pre-empt the Uchiha and that everyone would have to die because the kids seeing Leaf Ninja kill their family would create animosity towards the village and the Uchiha were already dead set on Rebelling.

The only way it could have ended peacefully was if Hiruzen named Fugaku the next Hokage or something (But the Elders and Danzou would have sank that Ship in the meeting with the Feudal Lord or actively worked against it).

I can’t realistically see it happening any other way unless Minato / Obito didn’t die/betray and it was clear Obito would be the next Hokage. Anything short of more power in Government was really not an option for the Uchiha.

Back