• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Realistically, was there any other choice for Itachi? Danzou straight up told him that the Leaf was gonna pre-empt the Uchiha and that everyone would have to die because the kids seeing Leaf Ninja kill their family would create animosity towards the village and the Uchiha were already dead set on Rebelling.

The only way it could have ended peacefully was if Hiruzen named Fugaku the next Hokage or something (But the Elders and Danzou would have sank that Ship in the meeting with the Feudal Lord or actively worked against it).

I can’t realistically see it happening any other way unless Minato / Obito didn’t die/betray and it was clear Obito would be the next Hokage. Anything short of more power in Government was really not an option for the Uchiha.
I am actually curious about this. Any rebuttals anyone?

Last edited:
How strong do you guys think Shisui would have gotten if he lived and made it to the war arc? Think he’d beat KCM1 Naruto?
Kotoamatsukami is an utterly ridiculous ability, so yes. He can punch well above his weight class with it.

But in terms of talent, he was pretty much an equal to Itachi, more or less, so he'd probably end up being on par with Itachi at his peak when both of them hit their hypothetical prime. Low-key crazy that the biggest prodigies like Minato, Itachi, and Shisui never actually got to live until their prime years. They all died so young. But the ******* elders are the ones who get to live well into their 90s, it's bs man.

Realistically, was there any other choice for Itachi? Danzou straight up told him that the Leaf was gonna pre-empt the Uchiha and that everyone would have to die because the kids seeing Leaf Ninja kill their family would create animosity towards the village and the Uchiha were already dead set on Rebelling.

The only way it could have ended peacefully was if Hiruzen named Fugaku the next Hokage or something (But the Elders and Danzou would have sank that Ship in the meeting with the Feudal Lord or actively worked against it).

I can’t realistically see it happening any other way unless Minato / Obito didn’t die/betray and it was clear Obito would be the next Hokage. Anything short of more power in Government was really not an option for the Uchiha.
A surviving adult Obito and Rin getting married might have actually prevented the coup.

But in terms of talent, he was pretty much an equal to Itachi, more or less, so he'd probably end up being on par with Itachi at his peak when both of them hit their hypothetical prime.
I could see him being above Itachi tbh, at least physically. Also considering Itachi’s health holds him back quite a bit

Low-key crazy that the biggest prodigies like Minato, Itachi, and Shisui never actually got to live until their prime years. They all died so young. But the ******* elders are the ones who get to live well into their 90s, it's bs man.
Last chapter got me wondering how old these mfs are. They were old af in Shippuden and still hold their positions in the new era lmao

I think he'd be like Itachi level, maybe Itachi+ if you're generous.
Superior to Itachi, and probably Bijuu level IF he got the Perfect Susano'o(so let's hope he has a brother with some eyes)
Like I said to Slayer I could def see him being above Itachi, and I think he’d already be Bijuu level without PS. We already have somewhat of a relativity between Akatsuki members and Bijuu/Jinchuriki

Last chapter got me wondering how old these mfs are. They were old af in Shippuden and still hold their positions in the new era lmao
They're Hiruzen's classmates, so they should've been ~69-70 in Part I.
This would make them 72 during Part II. 74 during The Last. 87 during NNG. And ~90 during TBV.
Ancient ass mfers 🗿

"Do this and live or do nothing and die."

"I pick neither! I won't do anything."

"So... the second?"
"A false dichotomy (or false dilemma) is a logical fallacy where an argument presents two options as the only possible choices, ignoring other alternatives that may exist. It forces a situation into an either/or scenario when, in reality, there are more options or a more nuanced middle ground. This oversimplification often misleads the audience into thinking there are only two outcomes or courses of action."
i12nhgw1mwjz.jpg

"A false dichotomy (or false dilemma) is a logical fallacy where an argument presents two options as the only possible choices, ignoring other alternatives that may exist. It forces a situation into an either/or scenario when, in reality, there are more options or a more nuanced middle ground. This oversimplification often misleads the audience into thinking there are only two outcomes or courses of action."
i12nhgw1mwjz.jpg
"Do this or I will kill you"

"There's another thing I can do"

"Ok, I will kill you."

in any case if you want a practical resolution , the answer would be to eliminate the immediate threats and then work on creating a safety net for deescalation. the idea that every child or member of the clan down to the infant must be killed to avoid future uprising isnt pragmatic its fear mongering and used by people IRL to justify genocide, its also irrational and logically flawed, the argument frames killing as the only solution to prevent future hatred, which is a form of false dichotomy. It overlooks numerous other approaches, such as rehabilitation, education, diplomacy, or peaceful integration, which could address the root causes of hatred and prevent violence without resorting to atrocity, Itachi himself had the knowledge of Madara Uchiha which alone would have deescalated a lot of suspicion around the uchiha at the time, more importantly Itachi himself comes to understand that he made the wrong choice by suggesting that it was possible for sasuke to have changed the clan in a way that would have prevented this whole ordeal.

Itachi is empathetic not because he made the right "hard" choice, his empathetic because we have the context for why he made his choices but understandable doesn't mean agreeable, at the end of the day he committed genocide of his own free will and the ends do not justify the means.

Just noticed that Kurama and Bijuus are lowballed. 50% of Kurama’s powers = 5 bijuus meaning each each tailed beast is actually magnitude stronger then the last. Each bijuu would be like at least 4x-5x stronger from one another. If 100% Kurama was to fight in the war, I bet it would take even 8tails (hypothetically) to even take on Kurama

EDIT: would we be able to find something for Kurama and the others if we use the Kakashi statement when he had Kurama’s chakra?

Last edited:
in any case if you want a practical resolution , the answer would be to eliminate the immediate threats and then work on creating a safety net for deescalation.
The Immediate Threats are the Elders and Danzou. Attacking them is Treason and War at that time. Deescalation isn’t possible in that Scenario. Even if you solely attacked Danzou, tue Root will not be quiet. Deescalation isn’t possible and the elders would cry foul ontop of that. Deescalation isn’t possible in that scenario either.

Hiruzen was privy to everything and sanctioned it. Attacking a sitting Hokage? Come on… Deescalation isn’t possible in that scenario either.
the idea that every child or member of the clan down to the infant must be killed to avoid future uprising isnt pragmatic its fear mongering and used by people IRL to justify genocide, its also irrational and logically flawed, the argument frames killing as the only solution to prevent future hatred, which is a form of false dichotomy.
Except Danzou was deadass serious & more then capable of making it happen, and he wasn’t wrong in what he told Itachi. The kids old enough to understand that LEAF NINJA are killing their family leads to animosity against them among their ranks (We’ve seen it happening in the middle east for decades, as well as in Africa, so it is definitely realistic and more then likely to happen). Children not old enough understand will grow to understand. It’s not realistic to think you can hide the fact it was an inside operation that killed your clan.

There would be no Shinobi World Wars in the history books over the slaughtering of a prominent Village Clan, which would definitely trigger a SWW. No records of Rogue Ninja Arrested or killed in the numbers necessary to take down the clan (Or Strength). You’d have to invent an adversary, rewrite Uchiha History to a degree and suppress the truth among all of top Leaf Village Ranks & Clans to the best of your ability, hoping nothing leaks, no gossip, etc etc. Just to justify not killing the infants and toddlers, which ITSELF is equally egregious.

You wouldn’t be able to hide the Village having committed genocide of all Men, Women and Children of a Certain Age in one of the strongest clans for decades without someone to pin it on. So yes, they “would” be considered a future threat / liability for the Village if allowed to grow older and this is supported by IRL examples as well. We can denounce it and acknowledge the wickedness of it, but that doesn’t mean the threat to the Village isn’t there or tangible in that scenario.
It overlooks numerous other approaches, such as rehabilitation, education, diplomacy, or peaceful integration, which could address the root causes of hatred and prevent violence without resorting to atrocity.
There weren’t numerous other approaches to be had. The situation was beyond that. The Uchiha had already been prepping for it and diplomacy had failed. THEY wanted control of the Government or at least substantial say in the Government by the time Itachi was presented the ultimatum. Anything other than a roadmap to that end wasn’t acceptable to the Uchiha and Danzou and the Elders weren’t having it (And Hiruzen wasn’t effective in Diplomacy). It left the Uchiha in limbo, growing bitter and bitter.

In reference to what we know of the verse, the only way to cool things down was either create a new organizational structure in the Leaf Government (May nor May Not be Subject to Daimyo Approval), add Prominent Uchiha as advisors to the Hokage (But this likely would cause a stir with the other Clans w/o representation) or Place Fugaku as the Next Hokage Nomination (Which Danzou & The Elders would likely kneecap this possibility). Anything short of these things and the Uchiha are not budging.

Itachi himself had the knowledge of Madara Uchiha which alone would have deescalated a lot of suspicion around the uchiha at the time
Not True. Itachi had knowledge but no tangible evidence. The Uchiha would also reject the notion of having the Yamanakas dive into his mind and memories for obvious reasons. It would be just like how Boruto is right now.
more importantly Itachi himself comes to understand that he made the wrong choice by suggesting that it was possible for sasuke to have changed the clan in a way that would have prevented this whole ordeal.
Iirc, it came off as more of a “maybe” then fact. And if we’re applying any level of realism to this, that would not suffice at all. At best it could get Fugaku to back off it, but all that would do is eventually lead to an Uchiha Civil War. Most likely with factions seeking to depose Fugaku.

What if Itachi took Sasuke and fled? And let the villagers hash it out.
Itachi cared about the village very deeply, so he could never let that happen under any circumstances. He really was stuck between a rock and a hard place. The people who truly had the power to enact a different outcome were the Village elders and the Uchiha coup leaders. Itachi had no real say in the situation they put him in.

Itachi cared about the village very deeply, so he could let that happen under any circumstances. He really was stuck between a rock and a hard place. The people who truly had the power to enact a different outcome were the Village elders and the Uchiha coup leaders. Itachi had no real say in the situation they put him in.
Itachi really was balls deep in this mess smh.

Honestly? Danzo seems more evil than Zetsu sometimes. Bro had the potential to be the final villain. But I guess Sasuke raw dogging him was justice.
Yeah, it's why Sasuke vs Danzo is one of the most satisfying fights in all of Naruto. I'm convinced that Kishimoto came up with Izanagi solely to give Sasuke (and the reader) the catharsis of seeing Danzo die over and over again.

Creating such a universally despised character takes skill. It's why I believe Danzo is one of the best written characters in the series.

what are some naruto/boruto hot takes you guys have thats not related to powerscaling?
There are not as many plot holes in Naruto as the internet would like you to believe
Madara's betrayal and death are essential to his character
Kaguya and BZ could've been better but I don't see them as series ruining as a lot of people do
A lot of character's arcs were finished in P1 hence their lack of "presence" in P2.
The anime added so much to Naruto franchise as a whole. Both for better and for worse.
Itachi is an inherently flawed character and you either have a side who glazes him to no end or a side that demonizes him for being a child soldier.
A lot of characters in Naruto are "failures" but that's what makes them so great.

There are not as many plot holes in Naruto as the internet would like you to believe
Madara's betrayal and death are essential to his character
Kaguya and BZ could've been better but I don't see them as series ruining as a lot of people do
A lot of character's arcs were finished in P1 hence their lack of "presence" in P2.
The anime added so much to Naruto franchise as a whole. Both for better and for worse.
Itachi is an inherently flawed character and you either have a side who glazes him to no end or a side that demonizes him for being a child soldier.
A lot of characters in Naruto are "failures" but that's what makes them so great.
An intelligent take from a Haise pfp is to be expected.

Back