• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
You know how sometimes when Naruto uses Multi-Shadow Clones but “somehow” he isn’t in the position of the one who created them anymore (Did it against Neji, Kakuzu, & Kaguya)?

Is him switching his position among the Clones FTE usage (Ala Substitution) or is it Limited Spatial Manipulation?
It's definitely not the latter lmao. It's just a skill/stealth feat. Which, I guess, is technically what Substitution is, sooooo you could chalk it up to that.

I just had an idea,
Compared to Jigen's shrinking this felt instantaneous, so much so the writers wrote down words that straight up translate to 10x
Could this be used to say

Isshiki's Jutsu Speed is 10x Faster than Jigen's Jutsu Speed

Naruto dodges Isshiki's Jutsu and goes back to pluck it up to strike down the other rods

Isshiki who should be able to perceive his own jutsu's speed fails to perceive Naruto

Naruto's Supermassive Rasengan was so fast Isshiki was unable to shrink it in time and as a result got blasted away from it

So naruto's speed in BM should be 10x Jigen's speed

what do you guys think?
Don't air me 🤧
I wanna know how legit this argument is

I just had an idea,
Compared to Jigen's shrinking this felt instantaneous, so much so the writers wrote down words that straight up translate to 10x
Could this be used to say

Isshiki's Jutsu Speed is 10x Faster than Jigen's Jutsu Speed

Naruto dodges Isshiki's Jutsu and goes back to pluck it up to strike down the other rods

Isshiki who should be able to perceive his own jutsu's speed fails to perceive Naruto

Naruto's Supermassive Rasengan was so fast Isshiki was unable to shrink it in time and as a result got blasted away from it

So naruto's speed in BM should be 10x Jigen's speed

what do you guys think?
I am actually curious about this. Can the translators verify this?

Naw I’m not entirely discrediting him pulling it either, I think it’s a fine highball for the feat. But we do quantify the feat assuming it abides by irl physics (KE = 1/2 mv^2) so I find it slightly misleading when we pick and choose which physics we abide by and which physics we dismiss. If it doesn’t abide by irl physics, who’s to say we can quantify it using normal KE?

i understand your point. Balancing real-world physics with supernatural elements in a fictional world like the Naruto universe is tough. We use (KE = 1/2 mv^2) for estimates, but we also need to remember that some jutsu might not follow these rules. While ignoring real-world physics would make it hard to measure feats, we apply it where it makes sense and recognize its limitations in other contexts. (This is just my interpretation, and I'm fine with whether or not it's accepted widely).

I haven't gotten around to do that but the ai answer was confirming my proposal and the definition on Jisho says order of magnitude or by a digit as the primary meaning and ik that is not the ideal solution so I'll ask a friend who's got n1 certifications to confirm this

Do you agree with the other points?
The logic seems sound at the moment. But I am also not at home rn. I'd have to think about it more when I get back to my PC.

Was this statement used for upgrades before?

IMG_8987.jpg

"In an instant, it's being reduced...! The power is an order of magnitude greater than Jigen's...!"

~ Boruto NNG #48

Supported by this and ChatGPT
Likely not literal
main-qimg-5adddc6f3ee6c483db4dec3ed95e143a
main-qimg-d793c2ac77bcef0a64c3b0a1caff3040

Likely not literal
main-qimg-5adddc6f3ee6c483db4dec3ed95e143a
main-qimg-d793c2ac77bcef0a64c3b0a1caff3040
as your scan says "it literally refers to a digit" hence it should be taken in a literal sense
plus i dont think there's other phrases to say order of magnitude since if i try translating that to JP we find the same phrase found in koji's statement
image.png

and I know I shouldn't be talking about what the words mean as though I'm proficient but based on available resources this seems clearly to be a multiplicative statement

Not really providing incorrect information is worse than no info at all
I don't think it is incorrect by default, if that phrase is the first thing that it shows when I demand a OOM statement then it means my initial premise is likely correct and I've supported this with an AI answer as well which should be able to put words together in a near accurate manner

Considering many definitions are just about it being a huge increase and Chat GPT says it's meant to be metaphorical, I'd say it's questionable at best
Connotations exist, we use numeric phrases in non numeric contexts to imply a great change but that doesnt mean the word inherently cant mean a numeric answer,
X is infinitely stronger than Y can be just a vague superiority that's why the latter definitions list unimaginable because they can mean hyperbolic buffs

So in the absence of counter evidence the literal definition (off by a digit) should be taken

When trying to find JP counterparts for another level or unparalleled the same phrases don't show up so I think it should be treated as 10x (and again the same varying definitions show up for the ceros)

Back