• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I didn’t contest the 10x translation. I contested it being in terms of Isshiki’s power contextually 😭 I just poked fun at you for using a translator that is notorious among Japanese language professors for being ass (at least according to my Japanese professor)
that's fine, I dropped the argument of it being AP based a while ago, IK machine translators suck I just used it in the absence of a human translator.

Even if we consider it a 10x speed amp. It would be a 10x amp on weakened Jigen right? Since that's the version KK fought. The statement is vague enough that it could be regular Jigen too, but low end would be 10x 10% Jigen.

Even if we consider it a 10x speed amp. It would be a 10x amp on weakened Jigen right? Since that's the version KK fought. The statement is vague enough that it could be regular Jigen too, but low end would be 10x 10% Jigen.
Yeah, and that would just make Isshiki's shrinking speed relative to FP Jigen's, which does make sense. It is a low-end interpretation, though, I'll grant that.

Now that the Konoha thread is over, it's time to cook up the big planet Naruto. Honestly, I didn't want this thread to get approved, but it did in the end, so that's it.

Is bald ass markless base jigen stated to be < Karma Jigen at 10%?
Idk probably need to dive back to the kawaki arc , does 10% even mean anything other than stamina

Also the statement we use to get Jigen above MAS is by Koji which should mean Koji is aware of a Full Powered Jigen being superior to naruto and sasuke together
So that should remove the idea that it's only about 10% jigen

I will personally slam anyone
tenor.gif

Idk probably need to dive back to the kawaki arc , does 10% even mean anything other than stamina

Also the statement we use to get Jigen above MAS is by Koji which should mean Koji is aware of a Full Powered Jigen being superior to naruto and sasuke together
So that should remove the idea that it's only about 10% jigen
I am not saying that KK is comparing Isshiki to 10% Jigen. I am saying at the bare minimum it would be that. You can very well make arguments for a solid "Isshiki is 10x 100% Jigen" scaling chain.

Connotations exist, we use numeric phrases in non numeric contexts to imply a great change but that doesnt mean the word inherently cant mean a numeric answer,
X is infinitely stronger than Y can be just a vague superiority that's why the latter definitions list unimaginable because they can mean hyperbolic buffs
Fair enough on this point
So in the absence of counter evidence the literal definition (off by a digit) should be taken

When trying to find JP counterparts for another level or unparalleled the same phrases don't show up so I think it should be treated as 10x (and again the same varying definitions show up for the ceros)
But Chat GPT is literally saying that the main meaning is metaphorical. To give an analogy of my own, saying something is done at lightning speed could be literal, but the general usage is metaphorical. I don't particularly have an issue with Isshiki being 10x above Jigen, I just don't think a strong basis can be made from one statement with multiple interpretations

Fair enough on this point

But Chat GPT is literally saying that the main meaning is metaphorical. To give an analogy of my own, saying something is done at lightning speed could be literal, but the general usage is metaphorical. I don't particularly have an issue with Isshiki being 10x above Jigen, I just don't think a strong basis can be made from one statement with multiple interpretations
The definition straight up says digit difference

Is it used in non literal contexts? yes, but it is not limited to that, especially if this was sufficient to qualify for 10x claims on this wiki before

If it is a straight up definition I dont think scrutiny is warranted

The definition straight up says digit difference
That is a definition yes
Is it used in non literal contexts? yes, but it is not limited to that, especially if this was sufficient to qualify for 10x claims on this wiki before]

If it is a straight up definition I dont think scrutiny is warranted
I didn't say it's limited to it, just that that seems to be its main usage. I'm not talking about the wiki, especially not in verses I don't do, just taking the statement on its own merits.

Back