• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
iirc databook outright states that 3 Tail V1 Naruto=Tenchi Bridge Orochimaru
Not as far as I know. I think you may be referring to a Naruto Official statement which could just be referring to the fight in general including 4T Naruto
At that point Oro should still be stronger than Sasuke as Oro after being pushed by Naruto was FAR weaker and when Sasuke finally felt he was strong enough to betray him and kill him

Even then Sasuke had to almost immediately activate his strongest mode CM2 when Oro went into his true form just really showcasing how built different the Sannin were to your average kage tbh
Idk I'd say the Sannin are pretty much average Kage level, not a disservice to the Sannin so much as speaking to the Kages' abilities
Yet its not a huge increase in his power.
Why not? It made Sasuke go from knowing he'd lose to FP Orochimaru to thinking he can beat Itachi despite knowing Itachi>Orochimaru

I disagree. Jiraiya should've have focused on telling Naruto how to counter the techniques Itachi and Kisame had as they're the ones targeting him and possess capabilities that physicals mean nothing to.
Akatsuki as a whole was targeting Naruto, not just those two. And there is not much one can train for against Sharingan Genjutsu/MS and Chakra Absorption. Not even Jiraiya’s Arsenal has responses to those that we know of. Ironically, Naruto learning to control Kurama’s Chakra is the thing that would’ve made him more safe against Akatsuki (On Paper).
Honestly, What's the point of focusing physicals when Naruto can just amp himself with Nine tails chakra?
Well it wasn’t just physicals for starters and second, it’s kinda a crazy question to ask, right? If you have a power that will make you 3x stronger (Arguments Sake) and your Base is 10, you’re now a 30. If your Base elevates to 15, you’re now 45 when using that power. It speaks for itself, not to mention it would just be idiotic not to so on the off chance that power is not available for whatever reason.
Or you know... teach him sage mode, even if imperfect Naruto would be able to counter Chakra absorbing (Kisama) and Nine Tails chakra would help with Itachi to a certain extent and regen from a good amount of damage.
Sure, but this is Monday Morning Quarter Backing. When did Kishimoto have SM planned for Jiraiya? You do realize that Rain Village Infiltration was YEARS after the TS, right?
And Jiraiya knows very well of Itachi's Genjutsu so why not teach Naruto how to deal with it?
He did. Naruto tried. Itachi’s CC was just better than Naruto’s. Then again, Itachi was the greatest Genjutsu User in the world after Shisui, so… 🤷‍♂️

Besides Naruto was already trying to learn out to counter Itachi by proxy because his training was also to beat Sasuke.

I mean Kisame can absorb any chakra he has, plus you need a lot of Sage Charka to actually turn people into frog stones, so perfecting his physicals is the optimal choice, plus I doubt Jiraiya wanted Naruto to just focus on countering two guys rather than go through a jack of all trades route in dealing with the Akatsuki.

Also, I think you need physical strength and decent enough chakra control to master Sage Mode, I don't recall well but I know there's more that just knowing how to gather Natural Energy.
0412-011.png

At the end of the day, I find this to be irrelevant to the original premise. Even taking JUST base Naruto at BoShippuden, list 3-5 Ninja that can beat his Base Mid-High Diff and then look at the caliber of Shinobi it takes to just beat BASE Naruto, and this before we stack on Kn0-Kn3.

Disagree. Naruto in Base alone is far superior to Sakura. In verse, Sasuke’s jump is attributed to drug use and experimentation by Orochimaru. And say what you will but, all things considered, Naruto is bodying all non S-Rank Ninja after Jiraiya’s training.

I am almost certain it was confirmed that was just Kakashi's theory and Sasuke was just such a genius+hard worker ( due to his motivation to kill Itachi ) that he got so jacked post timeskip

At the end of the day, I find this to be irrelevant to the original premise. Even taking JUST base Naruto at BoShippuden, list 3-5 Ninja that can beat his Base Mid-High Diff and then look at the caliber of Shinobi it takes to just beat BASE Naruto, and this before we stack on Kn0-Kn3.
I think the lack of improvement in his versatility is a bigger deal than his improvement in stats

I mean I feel being a better fighter is equally important too.

Like in his previous fight with Sasuke once he got his fully matured Sharingan he saw through his every move and all Naruto could do was bull rushing at him because he didn't know what else to do, hell in his fight with Kimmimaro before that he create thousands of clones and they all got bitched at the end.

Like, for all his fault nobody will deny BoS Shippuden Naruto is a better and smarter fighter than before...well when he's not angry at least.

Akatsuki as a whole was targeting Naruto, not just those two. And there is not much one can train for against Sharingan Genjutsu/MS and Chakra Absorption. Not even Jiraiya’s Arsenal has responses to those that we know of. Ironically, Naruto learning to control Kurama’s Chakra is the thing that would’ve made him more safe against Akatsuki (On Paper).
Ngl that makes sense
Well it wasn’t just physicals for starters and second, it’s kinda a crazy question to ask, right? If you have a power that will make you 3x stronger (Arguments Sake) and your Base is 10, you’re now a 30. If your Base elevates to 15, you’re now 45 when using that power. It speaks for itself, not to mention it would just be idiotic not to so on the off chance that power is not available for whatever reason.
That kinda depends on the nature of the power (multiples or amps) so this kinda depends on the Nine Tails Chakra. But still, Jiraiya knew of the very experience transfer the shadow clone possess, why not train physicals but let clones focus on variety types of training? (Probably wasn't thought of at the time).

And yeah I get sage mode wasn't thought of at the time, but we're mostly going over the story and discussing parts and questioning them for the sake of the argument, it's what makes it fun honestly. Nobody likes (Author forget, didn't think of it, etc).

I am almost certain it was confirmed that was just Kakashi's theory and Sasuke was just such a genius+hard worker ( due to his motivation to kill Itachi ) that he got so jacked post timeskip
Even if it was, that doesn’t negate the fact that Sasuke isn’t rule, considering Naruto is superior to Sakura in Totality, BoShippuden. So you can’t say he’s weak for a Sanin Student when he’s the Middle Ground.

I think the lack of improvement in his versatility is a bigger deal than his improvement in stats
In context of the verse though, it didn’t matter. Of course he would get more versatility as the series went on (That’s inherent in all fantasy-fiction really). Versatility was only a necessity against S-Ranks, and Naruto still got them when the Narrative required it. Idk about everyone else, I preferred Jiraiya having used SM first and THEN Naruto learning it after his death, in preparation to face the next S-Rank, etc etc.

Of course there are ways it could’ve been done, but it didn’t matter. Sasuke would still have to be portrayed > Whatever Naruto had and Naruto would’ve still had to train to close that gap, unless y’all wanted to rewrite the story. It’s easy to say that in hindsight.

In context of the verse though, it didn’t matter. Of course he would get more versatility as the series went on (That’s inherent in all fantasy-fiction really). Versatility was only a necessity against S-Ranks, and Naruto still got them when the Narrative required it. Idk about everyone else, I preferred Jiraiya having used SM first and THEN Naruto learning it after his death, in preparation to face the next S-Rank, etc etc.

Of course there are ways it could’ve been done, but it didn’t matter. Sasuke would still have to be portrayed > Whatever Naruto had and Naruto would’ve still had to train to close that gap, unless y’all wanted to rewrite the story. It’s easy to say that in hindsight.
I mean him having more versatility then getting more stuff in training arcs on top of that would've been cool

Do we have a new rule about how we document translations? Cuz every other one I’ve seen is done exactly how Net did it with the Imgur.
Well, we should preferably link to internal blog posts for text explanations, not to Imgur, much less external social media posts.

Well, we should preferably link to internal blog posts for text explanations, not to Imgur, much less external social media posts.
Even for translations? Those aren’t exactly text explanations, rather it’s just putting the words which are already on the picture in a caption below it in English which we can read. I’m not advocating linking to social media posts.

Back