• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
CS2 Sasuke is definitely not as strong as KN4 Naruto, that's pretty clear going by the fact that Naruto was beating the dog shit out of a much healthier Orochimaru than the one Sasuke took out, who he admits to have only been able to do because Orochimaru was so needed by his sickness.
Hebi Sasuke>BoS Sasuke

CS2 Sasuke is definitely not as strong as KN4 Naruto, that's pretty clear going by the fact that Naruto was beating the dog shit out of a much healthier Orochimaru than the one Sasuke took out, who he admits to have only been able to do because Orochimaru was so needed by his sickness.
Yeah I know, with Demon Fox Cloak I meant the 3 Tail Cloak

iirc databook outright states that 3 Tail V1 Naruto=Tenchi Bridge Orochimaru

At that point Oro should still be stronger than Sasuke as Oro after being pushed by Naruto was FAR weaker and when Sasuke finally felt he was strong enough to betray him and kill him

Even then Sasuke had to almost immediately activate his strongest mode CM2 when Oro went into his true form just really showcasing how built different the Sannin were to your average kage tbh

I think it doesn't help that after he went Four Tails, Yamato told him he shouldn't rely on the Nine Tails anymore and Naruto agrees with him which is logical after what happened...but it's basically just saying a great part of Naruto's training went to waste.

Like I said...it was sadly just a poor writing decision on Kishi's part but not even something unique to him

Classic Shonen Mangaka move tbf

Also 3 Tails Naruto being equal to Oro at the time isn't even not valid

He straight up tore off Orochimaru's face off and forced him to "shed his skin" iirc

And Oro couldn't do crap to 4 Tails Naruto

His punch to 4 Tails Naruto's face literally did nothing and even Kusanagi which amplifies his AP couldn't even pierce the chakra cloak he had

It seemed pretty clear V2 4 Tails Naruto>>>V1 3 Tails Naruto=Post Timeskip Orochimaru

I will say that Naruto should've definitely learnt Chakra Nature's and at the very least applied it onto his rasengan to make Wind Style: Rasengan - at least before Wind Style: Rasenshuriken.

He rarely uses Wind Style Rasengan, but I feel like Jiraiya should've at least imparted the basics before he came back to Konoha where he then learns Rasenshuriken

but I feel like Jiraiya should've at least imparted the basics before he came back to Konoha where he then learns Rasenshuriken
100%. I am shocked by how little Naruto actually learned during that timeskip.

Should have had more jutsu, a beginning of his nature transformation, and more tactics unique to Naruto.

Naruto got shafted hard by that training trip, especially since he acknowledges in canon that he should stop using Kurama's power before they eventually become friends at the end of the series.

I meant it's literally expected of every Jinchuriki to learn to use their Bijuu's power, obviously he's gonna be trained on that, and it's not like he can stop using it altogether, especially if Yamato isn't gonna be around forever.

I meant it's literally expected of every Jinchuriki to learn to use their Bijuu's power, obviously he's gonna be trained on that, and it's not like he can stop using it altogether, especially if Yamato isn't gonna be around forever.
Yeah, but Naruto doesn't want to use it anymore until Minato straight up tells him that he needs to do it to beat Obito.

I mean it could be that and that considering even when he got a new power up he only got saved by the Nine Tails power he probably realized "Yup, I gotta learn to use this thing, I can't just pretend it's not there anymore"

While Naruto is def much stronger after the timeskip than people off site give him credit for, he is def way too weak for having trained with a Sannin after nearly 3 years

Like there's no reason Jiraiya couldn't have gotten him started on Senjutsu...at minimum get his chakra nature starting and teach him a few wind jutsu

The real reasoning? Kishi wanting to nerf him hard so Sasuke was still the much stronger one and for other plot reasons...despite the fact Storm 2 as I said before depicts Naruto vs Sasuke in a fashion showing how much stronger both got while still keeping Naruto inferior

In universe BS reasoning? Jiraiya building his basics first which were near non existent then spending way too much time on controlling Kurama's chakra

Sure Naruto learned to consciously control 3 Tails which in itself was insane but the Akatsuki's whole deal is they capture Bijuu/Jinchuriki...hence they would be able to counter his trump card...or rather his only card...

It's just bad writing on Kishimoto's part there much as it pains me to say

And worst part is that it's not even unique to him...shonen mangaka tend to constantly nerf their protagonist in the ground to make side characters look better in comparison unless the plot demands the MC temporarily remembers they're the MC to beat the big bad

Until his Sage training, Naruto is left bumbling along by Kishi...even the RS as OP as it was, basically was useless since he would destroy his arm if he tried again
Disagree. Naruto in Base alone is far superior to Sakura. In verse, Sasuke’s jump is attributed to drug use and experimentation by Orochimaru. And say what you will but, all things considered, Naruto is bodying all non S-Rank Ninja after Jiraiya’s training.

Not really, that's because he was exhausted from training and he was trying to hold it back, Naruto doesn't get any mention that he was using Kurama's power there, it's all attributed to him.

Not really, that's because he was exhausted from training and he was trying to hold it back, Naruto doesn't get any mention that he was using Kurama's power there, it's all attributed to him.
Naruto literally used Kn0 against Kakuzu. As soon as he came to the battlefield. And yes, Kishimoto Illustrated Naruto in Kn0 in Databook 3 for this scene. And no, he was not in Kn0 prior Nd the anime did not correctly adapt this.

Disagree. Naruto in Base alone is far superior to Sakura. In verse, Sasuke’s jump is attributed to drug use and experimentation by Orochimaru. And say what you will but, all things considered, Naruto is bodying all non S-Rank Ninja after Jiraiya’s training.
I disagree. Jiraiya should've have focused on telling Naruto how to counter the techniques Itachi and Kisame had as they're the ones targeting him and possess capabilities that physicals mean nothing to.

Honestly, What's the point of focusing physicals when Naruto can just amp himself with Nine tails chakra? Or you know... teach him sage mode, even if imperfect Naruto would be able to counter Chakra absorbing (Kisama) and Nine Tails chakra would help with Itachi to a certain extent and regen from a good amount of damage.

And Jiraiya knows very well of Itachi's Genjutsu so why not teach Naruto how to deal with it?

Why would it be them in specific, it's any Akatsuki that could chase him.

And perfecting his physicals is useful because if he amps himself with Nine Tails Chakra he would be even stronger than if he just amped himself with Nine Tails Chakra with his weaker physicals.

They're the ones that came after them, and are likely gonna be the ones Naruto can prepare against.

And even then, only 3 members were known at the time ( pedo snakeman, sharkman and emo double agent) if Jiraiya was preparing Naruto, he should've focused on the members he knew about (past regarding pedo snakeman)

And honestly, I don't think any physical training matters when compared to imperfect sage mode plus bjiu chakra.

I mean Kisame can absorb any chakra he has, plus you need a lot of Sage Charka to actually turn people into frog stones, so perfecting his physicals is the optimal choice, plus I doubt Jiraiya wanted Naruto to just focus on countering two guys rather than go through a jack of all trades route in dealing with the Akatsuki.

Also, I think you need physical strength and decent enough chakra control to master Sage Mode, I don't recall well but I know there's more that just knowing how to gather Natural Energy.

Back