• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Oh yeah, after Sasuke Blitzed him and had him shook, I knew he was gonna get cooked.

Funny thing though is that in the Databook, Naruto and Sasuke shown to be equal in Taijutsu Skill and Physical Strength via the stats… 🗿

I really think we should go character by Character and Evaluate just “how” consistent or not, the Databook Stats are. For all we know, it could be 80:20 and we disqualify the entire stat section over 20% inconsistent. 🤷‍♂️
TBF it could be that all the nerfs Naruto had on that fight is what brought him to that point and it's referring to Naruto and Sasuke in their base peaks at the time.

7bf05a74ad0beacbd9907d3eab48c2b4.png

Kabuto wiping out dead akatsuki members like a nuclear deterrent is pretty funny. Also makes me wonder how much more powerful orchimaru with the reinamation justu would have been if the 3rd didn’t screw him over so early in the series

@BlastX @MinatoSparkle @UchihaSlayer96
Given how Jiraiya trained Nagato, Konan and Yahiko, is it fair to assume part of Naruto’s training likely dealt with him being able to Beat a Jiraiya Clone?
Maybe, I think there was a flashback of kid Naruto fighting jiraiya or something.Though jiraya training mainly seemed to consist of properly solidifying Naruto’s basics and getting better control on the nine tails.

Maybe, I think there was a flashback of kid Naruto fighting jiraiya or something.Though jiraya training mainly seemed to consist of properly solidifying Naruto’s basics and getting better control on the nine tails.
Yeah, certainly. That flash back is primarily why I say Jiraiya trained his Taijutsu as well as everything else that was stated. But I think it’s also a great feat to go from that to beating one Jiraiya’s Clones too.

Probably, I think there was some video games were that was the case, or at the very least Jiraiya had one last fight with Naruto to cap off their training.

Probably, I think there was some video games were that was the case, or at the very least Jiraiya had one last fight with Naruto to cap off their training.
In the time that Jiraiya trained Nagato and Co, he basically taught them:

1. How to Produce Chakra
  2. Chakra Control
  3. Nature Affinity
  4. Basic Ninjutsu
  5. Taijutsu
And then gauged their progression against them beating a clone of his… Did Jiraiya spend longer with Naruto than Nagato and the others?

IIRC Nagato said that Jiraiya trained them for 3 three years then left
I see… So Jiraiya trained them for 3 years and Naruto for 2 1/2 years, BUT unlike Nagato and the others, Naruto already had a higher foundation having been trained through the Ninja Academy and by Kakashi in LoW, as well as by Jiraiya for a bit. So Naruto probably benefited more than Nagato and the others.

I think Jiraiya simply didn't know about the Shadow Clone trick, or maybe he was planning to teach it to Naruto later, since his training with Naruto was to solidify his bases and try to control the Nine Tails power.

@BlastX @MinatoSparkle @UchihaSlayer96
Given how Jiraiya trained Nagato, Konan and Yahiko, is it fair to assume part of Naruto’s training likely dealt with him being able to Beat a Jiraiya Clone?
I mean that'd make sense, although idk if Jiraiya's training methods would remain the same after decades
I think Jiraiya simply didn't know about the Shadow Clone trick, or maybe he was planning to teach it to Naruto later, since his training with Naruto was to solidify his bases and try to control the Nine Tails power.
Both of those would've been expedited by the clone training method

While Naruto is def much stronger after the timeskip than people off site give him credit for, he is def way too weak for having trained with a Sannin after nearly 3 years

Like there's no reason Jiraiya couldn't have gotten him started on Senjutsu...at minimum get his chakra nature starting and teach him a few wind jutsu

The real reasoning? Kishi wanting to nerf him hard so Sasuke was still the much stronger one and for other plot reasons...despite the fact Storm 2 as I said before depicts Naruto vs Sasuke in a fashion showing how much stronger both got while still keeping Naruto inferior

In universe BS reasoning? Jiraiya building his basics first which were near non existent then spending way too much time on controlling Kurama's chakra

Sure Naruto learned to consciously control 3 Tails which in itself was insane but the Akatsuki's whole deal is they capture Bijuu/Jinchuriki...hence they would be able to counter his trump card...or rather his only card...

It's just bad writing on Kishimoto's part there much as it pains me to say

And worst part is that it's not even unique to him...shonen mangaka tend to constantly nerf their protagonist in the ground to make side characters look better in comparison unless the plot demands the MC temporarily remembers they're the MC to beat the big bad

Until his Sage training, Naruto is left bumbling along by Kishi...even the RS as OP as it was, basically was useless since he would destroy his arm if he tried again

TBF compared to the other two that trained with a Sannin he was the middle ground.

Sakura ended up comparable to him, it seems better than him because she was so weak before that it looked like shen went from Average Genin level to High Jounin nearly Kage level with her glow up.

Sasuke improved a **** ton, but that's mostly because he already was a competent and skilled fighter, he had all his bases covered completely before going to Orochimaru so he could just focus on increasing his strength and repertoire, plus he took enhancing drugs too, because he was willing to do anything for his goal...plus he already was stronger than Naruto by the time he arrived with Orochimaru, even if both of them had increased the same deal, he would still be stronger.

Meanwhile Naruto is basically just a perfected version of his child self, he was finally competently trained, now he just needed to train more to have explosive power growths and maybe not focus on an unreliable power source like his Bijuu.

Sure Naruto learned to consciously control 3 Tails which in itself was insane but the Akatsuki's whole deal is they capture Bijuu/Jinchuriki...hence they would be able to counter his trump card...or rather his only card...
Naruto was somewhat conscious with the tail cloak but as shown in the garaa retrieval arc he almost kill kakashi with two tails so I’m pretty sure he never learned to control it

Sasuke improved a **** ton, but that's mostly because he already was a competent and skilled fighter, he had all his bases covered completely before going to Orochimaru so he could just focus on increasing his strength and repertoire, plus he took enhancing drugs too, because he was willing to do anything for his goal...plus he already was stronger than Naruto by the time he arrived with Orochimaru, even if both of them had increased the same deal, he would still be stronger.
Not sure about the doping part
Sakura made that statement because his growth rate amazed her
Which can also be true without doping as his hatred for itachi (his only motivation) would have boosted his sharingan per Tobirama's explanation which in turn affect stats
Something Sakura didn't know about

Not sure about the doping part
Sakura made that statement because his growth rate amazed her
Which can also be true without doping as his hatred for itachi (his only motivation) would have boosted his sharingan per Tobirama's explanation which in turn affect stats
Something Sakura didn't know about
Yeah Sasuke was not taking drugs, it's just that his power growth is so unbelievable to everyone else that Sakura and Tsunade think he's on drugs.

TBF compared to the other two that trained with a Sannin he was the middle ground.

Sakura ended up comparable to him, it seems better than him because she was so weak before that it looked like shen went from Average Genin level to High Jounin nearly Kage level with her glow up.

Meanwhile Naruto is basically just a perfected version of his child self, he was finally competently trained, now he just needed to train more to have explosive power growths and maybe not focus on an unreliable power source like his Bijuu.

Him learning his chakra nature and possibly even an imperfect sage mode is easily something that could have been done during the timeskip

And we could still have the training arcs for rs and sm during the shippuden timeline by simply having naruto create an S Rank Wind Jutsu beyond all his other wind jutsu and in the case of the pain arc post jiraiya's death...perfecting his sage mode...something even jiraiya couldn't do

Partially unrelated but I realized that whatever Multiplier or increase the V1 3 Tails Cloak Naruto has it's inferior to x10 since Orochimaru pretty much said Naruto was nothing compared to Sasuke and we later see CS2 Sasuke compared with Demon Fox Cloak Naruto.

Partially unrelated but I realized that whatever Multiplier or increase the V1 3 Tails Cloak Naruto has it's inferior to x10 since Orochimaru pretty much said Naruto was nothing compared to Sasuke and we later see CS2 Sasuke compared with Demon Fox Cloak Naruto.
CS2 Sasuke is definitely not as strong as KN4 Naruto, that's pretty clear going by the fact that Naruto was beating the dog shit out of a much healthier Orochimaru than the one Sasuke took out, who he admits to have only been able to do because Orochimaru was so needed by his sickness.

TBH I don't see how the Rasenshuriken would have helped, Naruto doesn't want to kill Sasuke, what would he gain from learning it to use it against him? With the Akatsuki I understand but against Sasuke?

Back