• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Not with his base form punches and kicks he didn't. With the RS yeah.
Even after hearing Tsunade say Naruto could never use the Rasenshuriken again, he said Naruto's as strong as or stronger than him. Also Naruto did keep up with and tag a stronger Kakuzu than the one relative to Kakashi. The narrative seems to pretty strongly be pointing just to Naruto overall surpassing him. Also supported by Naruto's Wind Rasengan overpowering Kakashi's Rasengan and burning his hand, which wouldn't happen if there was a huge difference in their base strengths.

Sakura punches and kicks harder than Kakashi at that point in the series.
Tbf Base Sakura is stronger than Naruto too and doesn’t really get any better showing by the war arc either.

Even after hearing Tsunade say Naruto could never use the Rasenshuriken again, he said Naruto's as strong as or stronger than him.
Kakashi says “you may even surpass me” in every translation I’ve seen not sure about the viz tho
Also Naruto did keep up with and tag a stronger Kakuzu than the one relative to Kakashi.
Kakashi was fending off Hidan and Kakazu for most of it and protecting the weaker members of Team 10 besides it’s not like he was struggling to keep up.

Naruto had the benefit of coming in after Hidan left and didn’t really match Kakazu physically outside of his RS and making creative use of his Shadow Clones to tag him.
The narrative seems to pretty strongly be pointing just to Naruto overall surpassing him.
Not really, the narrative is pointing towards Naruto learning how to manage in fights against Akatsuki lvl opponents w/o relying on Kurama to bail him out a plot point that carried from the last arc.

Kakashi vs Naruto is more intentionally left in ambiguity until Naruto undeniably surpasses him in the Pain Arc.

We even see in the Pain Arc that Kakashi can perform far better than Base Naruto against Pain.
Also supported by Naruto's Wind Rasengan overpowering Kakashi's Rasengan and burning his hand, which wouldn't happen if there was a huge difference in their base strengths.
Naruto overpowering Kakashi while he’s using an inferior jutsu doesn't show that Naruto is superior.

it just shows how powerful a change in chakra Nature can make a jutsu.

something Kakashi can also do with his Raikiri but didn’t in that instance because it was meant to be a training exercise.

Meme scaling.

In this video. Chocho and Sarada are evenly matched. But, in the end, Sarada and Cho-Cho clashed with their strongest attacks. Chocho can nearly match Sarada's chidori with her Butterfly Mode, which increases power by 100x. Meaning the Chidori must also have a 100x AP multiplier to overpower chocho 🗿

This scales to the Rasengan and it's variants of course.

Uh....
Chocho can nearly match Sarada's chidori with her Butterfly Mode, which increases power by 100x. Meaning the Chidori must also have a 100x AP multiplier to overpower chocho 🗿

This scales to the Rasengan and it's variants of course.

Multipliers come from direct statements instead of being reasoned from something else. That means, for example, that if a verse has powerlevels or statistics, the doubling of a statistic or power level should not be concluded to correspond to the power of the character doubling, unless it is clearly specified to work that way.

Sarada's base stats are higher than Cho cho's base and she spends 99% of the fight holding back until the end. so the amp for sarada is likely not nearly that large

Nah I'm just memeing the whole time. I think Cho-Cho should get 7-B+ with the Butterfly Mode though, she should at least scale to Sarada since she only barely overpowered her with Chidori.

Last edited:
Even after hearing Tsunade say Naruto could never use the Rasenshuriken again, he said Naruto's as strong as or stronger than him. Also Naruto did keep up with and tag a stronger Kakuzu than the one relative to Kakashi. The narrative seems to pretty strongly be pointing just to Naruto overall surpassing him. Also supported by Naruto's Wind Rasengan overpowering Kakashi's Rasengan and burning his hand, which wouldn't happen if there was a huge difference in their base strengths.
Naruto fought Kakuzu in Kn0. The anime is the only medium that kept his Eyes blue. Kishimoto colored them red in the DB.

Edit: Also, the context in Kakashi stating Naruto “Surpassed” him or “may surpass him” has always been around Ninjutsu. Not “Overall”.

Last edited:
the real reason though is Sakura isnt passively this strong, these strikes happen when she focuses it. her durability when she is off guard or not actively fighting is much lower.

she's not going to punch them with a massive AOE attack lmao. naruto is right there lol. though if you want steelman then yes Omoi>>>>Kakashi. sorry i dont make the rules ;)
It’s not like she was aiming to punch the ground, which is where her AoE comes from. There would be no AoE Damage if she attack them directly, which was the intent. Proved throughout the series in fact against Sasori, Pain Arc, War Arc, etc.

I mean… This (Scans: 1, 2) is hard to defend though 😬
I don't care about the scaling of this scene, but damn does this crack me up.

Sakura:"Oh Yeah !" while preping a punch
Sakura one millisecond later :"AIEE !" while getting folded

Sakura at her best.

Reactions: TFO
Anybody remember that time Yamato told Ay the only reason Kumogakure still exists is because Konoha decided to pass on retaliating against the Hinata situation? 💀💀

Why doesn't Yamato have regen?
I don’t recall him ever showing Regen Capabilities. I know he’s a Hashi clone for all intents and purposes, but a vastly inferior one. That might be a capability he didn’t inherent.

That or because he hasn’t been harmed on screen, it’s stuck at just a “Possible” type of thing.

Anybody remember that time Yamato told Ay the only reason Kumogakure still exists is because Konoha decided to pass on retaliating against the Hinata situation? 💀💀
BRO WAS GOING HARD!!

And I doubt anyone else would care, so they could do it. I think. Did they have Minato?

I don’t recall him ever showing Regen Capabilities. I know he’s a Hashi clone for all intents and purposes, but a vastly inferior one. That might be a capability he didn’t inherent.

That or because he hasn’t been harmed on screen, it’s stuck at just a “Possible” type of thing.
But he has Hashirama Cells. Certainly > a comparable amount to Danzo.

I kinda doubt that was the case, else they wouldn't have sent one of their Hyugas to die as a trade for killing one of their Shinobi.

Also I remember a databooks that say Kumogakure has higher militaristic strength than Konoha, which implies they have stronger Shinobi overall.

Kakashi says “you may even surpass me” in every translation I’ve seen not sure about the viz tho
Raws
ナルトお前は確かに強くなった。オレと肩を並べるかそれ以上だ・・・
main-qimg-ddcbf6f76d3b830732c51adfbf95070c

Kakashi was fending off Hidan and Kakazu for most of it and protecting the weaker members of Team 10 besides it’s not like he was struggling to keep up.
Yeah he was fending them off, not making any real progress toward taking them down. It literally takes him 2 Raikiris just to neutralize one of Kakuzu's basic elemental attacks.

Ehhhhh Hidan who's slower than Kakuzu showed relativity to him and Kakuzu overpowered his Water Style and slammed him into the ground then literally blitzed him when he merged with his hearts.
Naruto had the benefit of coming in after Hidan left and didn’t really match Kakazu physically outside of his RS and making creative use of his Shadow Clones to tag him.
He was still fast enough to tag Kakuzu twice even after Kakuzu saw him behind him.
Not really, the narrative is pointing towards Naruto learning how to manage in fights against Akatsuki lvl opponents w/o relying on Kurama to bail him out a plot point that carried from the last arc.
The more prominent narrative was him surpassing Kakashi considering there's 2 direct statements for it and one indirect statement when he was talking to Kakuzu about the new generation surpassing the previous right after he declared that Naruto surpassed him.
Kakashi vs Naruto is more intentionally left in ambiguity until Naruto undeniably surpasses him in the Pain Arc.
Is it really so ambiguous?
main-qimg-63d3c2f380021ddfa11d7849a4352c5a

We even see in the Pain Arc that Kakashi can perform far better than Base Naruto against Pain.
Can he? Base Naruto went toe to toe with Tendo in cqc and Tendo reacted to and tagged Kakashi multiple times. PA Kakashi may also be stronger than AS Kakashi but I digress.
Naruto overpowering Kakashi while he’s using an inferior jutsu doesn't show that Naruto is superior.

it just shows how powerful a change in chakra Nature can make a jutsu.
Not inherently, but it shows that it isn't inconsistent. Naruto without his strongest jutsu can both overpower Kakashi and damage him enough that he needs to wrap up his hand days later. For sure it means that Naruto's AP with his stronger attacks is far superior to Kakashi with his.
something Kakashi can also do with his Raikiri but didn’t in that instance because it was meant to be a training exercise.
The Rasengan is comparable to Chidori in power.
Naruto fought Kakuzu in Kn0. The anime is the only medium that kept his Eyes blue. Kishimoto colored them red in the DB.
Yeah, so KM0 Naruto definitely surpassed him as he said, and Base Naruto may surpass him as he also said.
Edit: Also, the context in Kakashi stating Naruto “Surpassed” him or “may surpass him” has always been around Ninjutsu. Not “Overall”.
In the first instance he's talking about both his strategic abilities and jutsu. And his Rasenshuriken can be the tipping point that makes him stronger than Kakashi, while he's relative to him otherwise, which makes his statement about Naruto being as strong or stronger than him more consistent since that's definitely not referring to their ninjutsu APs, in which Naruto is definitively and greatly superior.

I kinda doubt that was the case, else they wouldn't have sent one of their Hyugas to die as a trade for killing one of their Shinobi.

Also I remember a databooks that say Kumogakure has higher militaristic strength than Konoha, which implies they have stronger Shinobi overall.
I mean
The Cloud had 2 Jinchuriki with control over their tailed beasts so it makes sense

Back