• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Boruto 🤝 Dragon Ball Super
  • Main character gets a divine powerup that's completely unreachable by regular training methods. (SSG for DBS and Hagoromo powerups in Shippuden)
  • The MCs fights against godly opponents that is so far beyond any character that didn't receive any of the divine powerup. (Beerus for DBS and Kaguya for Shippuden)
  • Sometime later, side characters can suddenly catch up to the godly power levels and can fight against god tier opponents even if they're not exactly as strong as the Protagonists. (Piccolo and Gohan for DBS and The Five Kages and Sakura in Boruto.)
Piccolo and Gohan actually surpassed Goku and Vegeta. But to be fair, Piccolo literally is a god, and Gohan hot amped by one.

Anyway, Piccolo and Gohan catching up isn't the huge thing, the big thing is the power LEAP by Android 18. Every day I look in hope that Buu and Krillin reach 2-C.

But in Naruto related news, I'm absolutely fine with it. We cannot have all 5 Kages being weaker than Sakura, Hinata, and BORUTO.

In conclusion, Rock Lee Kaio-Ken.

:cool:
18-mdfABYK2xy1c6.jpg
There's a big orange difference here, but I can't think of what.

Gaara being that good makes sense cuz he got that dog in him once he took the tanuki out. For everyone else i just see it as them having waaaaay better Chakra control than the last guys for some reason.

Piccolo was training more than 90% of the cast, he needed this.
Yeah Gaara is low key kinda cracked. Dude is actually stronger without Shukaku 😭.
Piccolo and Gohan actually surpassed Goku and Vegeta. But to be fair, Piccolo literally is a god, and Gohan hot amped by one.

Anyway, Piccolo and Gohan catching up isn't the huge thing, the big thing is the power LEAP by Android 18. Every day I look in hope that Buu and Krillin reach 2-C.

But in Naruto related news, I'm absolutely fine with it. We cannot have all 5 Kages being weaker than Sakura, Hinata, and BORUTO.

In conclusion, Rock Lee Kaio-Ken.
The Kages being as strong as they are would be more believable and less jarring if they have some pretty cool techniques/statements to compensate.

Say, a statement in a databook or somewhere that says the current gen Five Kages are the strongest Five Kages in history. (Naruto is rather obvious, Gaara beat his own father when he was way younger, the other three don't look that impressive compared to the previous gen.)

To support this, add some cool techniques.
Gaara: Able to manipulate gold sand like his father but on a smaller scale. Used as Gaara's equivalent of a Magnum Ammo.
Darui: Storm Style: Black lightning chakra cloak. Gives the speed and agility of lightning with the flexibility and swiftness of water. Would be sick as hell tbh.
Kurotsuchi: Give her Onoki's ability to change her own or someone else's weight like Onoki. Maybe even particle style but having two Kekkei Genkais would be a bit much.
Chojuro: Give him mastery of all seven legendary swords.

Maybe you want to join? 🙃🙃

Aren't Otsutsuki like untouchable by any other Jutsu except Taijutsu, Sage Jutsu and Six Path or Otsutsuki powers

End-Game Shippuden abilities are far too broken so most of them got removed in Boruto.

Like imagine Momoshiki that can use the full abilities of his Rinnegan and Byakugan, have access to Ying-Yang Release and TSOs, and are immune to anything that isn't direct physical attack, otsutsuki attacks or senjutsu attacks. The five kages won't be able to do shit.

Apparently not for Momo and Kin since Kin got hurt by Kurotsuchi's Lava Jutsu.
End-Game Shippuden abilities are far too broken so most of them got removed in Boruto.

Like imagine Momoshiki that can use the full abilities of his Rinnegan and Byakugan, have access to Ying-Yang Release and TSOs, and are immune to anything that isn't direct physical attack, otsutsuki attacks or senjutsu attacks. The five kages won't be able to do shit.
Boruto just changed everything. and people will be saying characters in Naruto didn't became weak in Boruto that they only brought powerful characters.

Same goes for why Adult Naruto and Sasuke felt "weaker" compared to their teen versions. Their teen versions has way too much abilities and haxes to juggle around. So their moveset is simplified to just their most iconic abilities and forms (KCM, Kurama, Shadow Clones, Rasengans for Naruto. Chidori, Susano'o, sometimes Amaterasu for Sasuke, with the occasional Rinnegan techniques)

Like just compare this to what Sasuke and Naruto can do in EoS

Naruto: Has TSOs that has Existence Erasure, Deconstruction, and Power Null. (This shit hard counters Isshiki's rods) Can make shadow clones of the Kurama Avatar (which is utterly ridiculous given how strong they are), has bootleg Kaioken with Boil Release, Lava Release, sealing with Magnet Release, and all sorts of other shit from having all the 9 tailed beast powers and last but not least immunity to anything that isn't senjutsu, six paths power, or direct physical attacks.

Sasuke: The only thing he uses the Rinnegan for in Boruto is Ameno swap and that one time he used Chibaku Tensei. The Rinnegan abilities are just too dumb powerful and complex on any character with access to more than just their Rinnegan abilities, he can rip out souls with Ningendo, fire ******* missiles and laser beams with Shurado, summon the most overpowered summons with Chikoshudo, heal himself and Naruto with King of Hell/Jigokudo, and don't get me even started with Tendo.

Boruto has a focus on h2h and rather simple abilities (like just compare Kaguya's haxes to Isshiki's haxes.), and the main strength of opponents in Boruto is usually brute force and not haxes. And I can understand why most of Nard and Sauce's haxes are removed, it'll be really hard to write interesting fights with all the shit Naruto and Sasuke has access to in EoS.

Aren't Otsutsuki like untouchable by any other Jutsu except Taijutsu, Sage Jutsu and Six Path or Otsutsuki powers
That only applies to Jūbi Jinchūriki, who have access to Six Paths Senjutsu and whatnot. It also gives a bunch of other broken abilities that the average Otsutsuki doesn't have. Like, honestly, I'm not sure why not more of them become Juubi Jinchūriki. It's way more broken than the methods they're currently employing, and actually makes you immortal, instead of the vague longevity they seem to be having, but whatever.
It's wild how most people accept the powercliffing for DBS but many don't for Boruto
What it comes down to is that I believe many of us simply expected better from Naruto. We expected the series to respect its own lore and history, instead of parroting Dragon Ball in many ways.
The reason 95% of people are always okay with the power-cliffing in Dragon Ball is simply because it has been a constant and persistent thing for literally decades at this point. Like, there's not a single arc in Dragon Ball where the power levels in it aren't surpassed by the next arc lol. The most notable exception is where Beerus is involved, but even that doesn't matter too much because he'll definitely be surpassed by the protags at some point (some would argue he has already), and there are already a bunch of characters stronger than him in the story anyway. So nobody was/is/will ever be above the cliffing in DB. It's just how the series is.
And another thing is that Dragon Ball as a series just doesn't take itself too seriously, so people as a result let a lot of things pass, because it's just meant to be a fun time and nothing more.

But yeah, like, sure the Kage are god tiers, whatever. That's fine. But nobody can convince me it's not stupid lol.

Yeah Gaara is low key kinda cracked. Dude is actually stronger without Shukaku 😭.

The Kages being as strong as they are would be more believable and less jarring if they have some pretty cool techniques/statements to compensate.

Say, a statement in a databook or somewhere that says the current gen Five Kages are the strongest Five Kages in history. (Naruto is rather obvious, Gaara beat his own father when he was way younger, the other three don't look that impressive compared to the previous gen.)

To support this, add some cool techniques.
Gaara: Able to manipulate gold sand like his father but on a smaller scale. Used as Gaara's equivalent of a Magnum Ammo.
Darui: Storm Style: Black lightning chakra cloak. Gives the speed and agility of lightning with the flexibility and swiftness of water. Would be sick as hell tbh.
Kurotsuchi: Give her Onoki's ability to change her own or someone else's weight like Onoki. Maybe even particle style but having two Kekkei Genkais would be a bit much.
Chojuro: Give him mastery of all seven legendary swords.
I feel that's just ripping off from their previous Kages, they deserve more to have their own moves and stand on their own two feet.

That only applies to Jūbi Jinchūriki, who have access to Six Paths Senjutsu and whatnot. It also gives a bunch of other broken abilities that the average Otsutsuki doesn't have. Like, honestly, I'm not sure why not more of them become Juubi Jinchūriki. It's way more broken than the methods they're currently employing, and actually makes you immortal, instead of the vague longevity they seem to be having, but whatever.
Now I'm imagining a branch of the Otsutsuki clan that betrayed the main one by sealing a bunch of Juubis within themselves. What's supposed to be planted and turned into divine trees end up being a source of power for this branch. This branch ends up being a lot more peaceful and are basically a bunch of Hagoromos.

Jokes aside, why none of them even thought of sealing Juubis within themselves is probably because it's like really weird in the mind of an average Otsutsuki. Juubis are basically seeds for a tree, asking an average Otsutsuki to seal it within themselves is probably like asking an average person to eat a seed instead of planting it and let it grow fruit. Not to mention that Juubis are usually weaker than an Otsutsuki.

Now I'm imagining a branch of the Otsutsuki clan that betrayed the main one by sealing a bunch of Juubis within themselves. What's supposed to be planted and turned into divine trees end up being a source of power for this branch. This branch ends up being a lot more peaceful and are basically a bunch of Hagoromos.

Jokes aside, why none of them even thought of sealing Juubis within themselves is probably because it's like really weird in the mind of an average Otsutsuki. Juubis are basically seeds for a tree, asking an average Otsutsuki to seal it within themselves is probably like asking an average person to eat a seed instead of planting it and let it grow fruit. Not to mention that Juubis are usually weaker than an Otsutsuki.
Yes, yes, it's totally weird. Better to feed oneself to it in order to make pills that extend your life a little bit 😭

But yeah, in all seriousness, it's probably best not to think too deeply about this because I'm sure the writers haven't lmao.

I was always confused about that. Why wouldn't physical jutsu like Hashirama's attacks work?

Yes, yes, it's totally weird. Better to feed oneself to it in order to make pills that extend your life a little bit 😭

But yeah, in all seriousness, it's probably best not to think too deeply about this because I'm sure the writers haven't lmao.
To be fair, they can just resurrect in a new vessel.
I was always confused about that. Why wouldn't physical jutsu like Hashirama's attacks work?
Dunno. We've never seen Momo absorbing earth style so it may not be able to absorb jutsu that produces actual physical matter.

Same goes for wood style, as a bonus Isshiki might not be able to shrink it since Hashirama often creates actual living trees and Isshiki can't shrink living things.

What it comes down to is that I believe many of us simply expected better from Naruto. We expected the series to respect its own lore and history, instead of parroting Dragon Ball in many ways.
The reason 95% of people are always okay with the power-cliffing in Dragon Ball is simply because it has been a constant and persistent thing for literally decades at this point. Like, there's not a single arc in Dragon Ball where the power levels in it aren't surpassed by the next arc lol. The most notable exception is where Beerus is involved, but even that doesn't matter too much because he'll definitely be surpassed by the protags at some point (some would argue he has already), and there are already a bunch of characters stronger than him in the story anyway. So nobody was/is/will ever be above the cliffing in DB. It's just how the series is.
And another thing is that Dragon Ball as a series just doesn't take itself too seriously, so people as a result let a lot of things pass, because it's just meant to be a fun time and nothing more.

But yeah, like, sure the Kage are god tiers, whatever. That's fine. But nobody can convince me it's not stupid lol.
Eh I mean there is definitely a lot of powercliffing in Naruto, it's just more gradual since things are happening one after another and there isn't a 15 year time skip.

Are a BUNCH of characters stronger than Beerus? There's the angels, Grand Priest, and Zeno, and that's about it as far as I can recall. Ig a hypothetical current Vegito too.

Gaara SLIGHTLY makes sense given how strong he's consistently been since the start of the series but the others nah

Back