• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Eh I mean there is definitely a lot of powercliffing in Naruto, it's just more gradual since things are happening one after another and there isn't a 15 year time skip.
Yes, there's power progression, but for 95% of cases it doesn't strain one's suspension of disbelief.
Are a BUNCH of characters stronger than Beerus? There's the angels, Grand Priest, and Zeno, and that's about it as far as I can recall. Ig a hypothetical current Vegito too.
You just listed like 15 characters man 😭
And that's not even mentioning the "arguable" characters like Jiren, UI Goku, Broly, Gogeta, etc. (Not saying I agree that these people are stronger than Beerus btw, just that a lot of people make cases for them and whatnot)
So yeah, I'd say that qualifies as a bunch imo.
Gaara SLIGHTLY makes sense given how strong he's consistently been since the start of the series but the others nah
I'd agree with you there, but I just wish the story acknowledged or explained the jump in power a little better, because there's no logical reason a bunch of mostly regular Kage level people should randomly cliff Madara, Hashirama, Kurama, the Juubi, and so on with some vague "training". What, did no one train hard in the verse before? I guess Might Guy was slackin all those years. He almost sacrificed himself just to reach a level of power others can just casually reach for no reason. It's horrendous writing imo.
Like I said, it's whatever lol, I don't care about it too much, but I just find it stupid.

there's no logical reason a bunch of mostly regular Kage level people should randomly cliff Madara, Hashirama, Kurama, the Juubi, and so on with some vague "training". What, did no one train hard in the verse before? I guess Might Guy was slackin all those years. He almost sacrificed himself just to reach a level of power others can just casually reach for no reason. It's horrendous writing imo.
Been thinking this for a while ngl. Madara went through all of that to stack SM, juubi, rinnegan etc. onto his already powerful base form, just to reach otsutsuki level. Then somehow you have mfs like chojuro and kurotsuchi matching actual otsutsuki members lmao. Makes no sense

Been thinking this for a while ngl. Madara went through all of that to stack SM, juubi, rinnegan etc. onto his already powerful base form, just to reach otsutsuki level. Then somehow you have mfs like chojuro and kurotsuchi matching actual otsutsuki members lmao. Makes no sense
If you think about it, 8th gate Guy reaching that level is weird too.

Yes, there's power progression, but for 95% of cases it doesn't strain one's suspension of disbelief.
The War Arc would like a word with you
You just listed like 15 characters man 😭
And that's not even mentioning the "arguable" characters like Jiren, UI Goku, Broly, Gogeta, etc. (Not saying I agree that these people are stronger than Beerus btw, just that a lot of people make cases for them and whatnot)
So yeah, I'd say that qualifies as a bunch imo.
Does it count when the angels are like one group 😭 And in that case I'll just say Whis is immune to powercliffing cause there's only a couple characters above him :cool:
I'd agree with you there, but I just wish the story acknowledged or explained the jump in power a little better, because there's no logical reason a bunch of mostly regular Kage level people should randomly cliff Madara, Hashirama, Kurama, the Juubi, and so on with some vague "training". What, did no one train hard in the verse before? I guess Might Guy was slackin all those years. He almost sacrificed himself just to reach a level of power others can just casually reach for no reason. It's horrendous writing imo.
Like I said, it's whatever lol, I don't care about it too much, but I just find it stupid.
Eh new generation always surpasses the previous ig. Kakashi was a prophet lol

If you think about it, 8th gate Guy reaching that level is weird too.
The difference is that it's a one-off suicide form that has an obviously MASSIVE cost and has been hyped and set up for hundreds of chapters.
You gotta remember, that thing can amp a joke of a Genin but a legend in our hearts to the point of him stomping a legendary group of nigh-Kage level combatants. So imagine that kind of amp to someone as strong as Guy.

But even if you don't find the mechanics or the explanation for it logical, that's fine. But at least nothing really contradicts it, as that's simply how the story portrays the form.
He gets one extra eye and suddenly reaches god-tier.
Gets possessed by the chakra ghost of a Six Paths god tier character and mostly competes due to his ridiculously broken hax*

The difference is that it's a one-off suicide form that has an obviously MASSIVE cost and has been hyped and set up for hundreds of chapters.
You gotta remember, that thing can amp a joke of a Genin but a legend in our hearts to the point of him stomping a legendary group of nigh-Kage level combatants. So imagine that kind of amp to someone as strong as Guy.
Might Duy was only so weak because he was secretly training every night.
But even if you don't find the mechanics or the explanation for it logical, that's fine. But at least nothing really contradicts it, as that's simply how the story portrays the form.
And Guy goes from being at the level of Edo Madara's Susano'o in 7th Gate, then suddenly he's > 1-eyed Juubidara, pinning him down, and then nearly killing him, he's bending space by sheer speed, he's fighting guys who were way faster than him in their weaker forms.
Gets possessed by the chakra ghost of a Six Paths god tier character and mostly competes due to his ridiculously broken hax*
He's already given out half his chakra to one guy and the other half to another, what more does he have??!!

I mean the gates have been portrayed as an amp like no other as early as the chunin exams. It being relevant to god tiers isn’t surprising when Guy himself is practically a top tier without the 8th Gate.
I just meant that the 7th gate to 8th Gate's amp being greater than the amp from Edo Madara to 1-eyed Juubidara is crazy.

There’s not that much power creep in the war arc. Kakashi, someone who’s been roughly the same level of strength throughout the series is still relevant. It’s just all the strong people are gathered on one battlefield so we get to see so many high octane battles in succession.
Uh he was Base Naruto level in early Shippuden and is relevant to KCM2 level characters in the WA. And Base Guy goes from folded by 30% Kisame to swapping hands with WM Obito. Let's not even talk about Sakura.

Uh he was Base Naruto level in early Shippuden and is relevant to KCM2 level characters in the WA. And Base Guy goes from folded by 30% Kisame to swapping hands with WM Obito. Let's not even talk about Sakura.
Lol no base Naruto BoS is not Kakashi level… and Kakashi is more relative to KCM1 level characters, homeboy is comfortably around Bijuu level.

imo
What the New Era Kages have is mostly just the speed to compete
The only reason Kinshiki was taken out was cause of Chojuro's hax that acts like the gentle fist.
Darui was just getting parried the whole time while Momoshiki, who likes long range fighting, was trying to create space.
They clearly scale in speed right but ppl like Shikamaru can restrain these ppl with his hax, Chojuro can heavily damage these ppl with his hax, Kurotsuchi can continue to lay on the damage on an already damaged Kinshiki, Darui doesn't really have much LoL and Gaara has simply always been that guy

So I went over the TPC Calc and it doesn’t factor anything other than the Crater Creation. Iirc, what made TPC High 6-A was the Storm Creation no? I know the Wiki had a revision of Storm Creation feats or something like that a while back, but how come its not being factored?

Is no one interested in that?

So I went over the TPC Calc and it doesn’t factor anything other than the Crater Creation. Iirc, what made TPC High 6-A was the Storm Creation no? I know the Wiki had a revision of Storm Creation feats or something like that a while back, but how come its not being factored?

Is no one interested in that?
New cloud standards prolly will make the storm creation absolutely fodder lol.

Back