• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Gokusparkle will post the vaguest most non-specific scans and make the most generous claims based on them ong
I don't think "He has surpassed me" or "You're as strong as me, if not stronger" is particularly vague. Arguing Kakashi didn't get much stronger throughout the series on the other hand, that is VERY generous to BoS characters.

I don't think "He has surpassed me" or "You're as strong as me, if not stronger" is particularly vague. Arguing Kakashi didn't get much stronger throughout the series on the other hand, that is VERY generous to BoS characters.
It is very vague for the claims you’re making. All that has to be true for that statement to be true is Naruto needs one strong jutsu above Kakashi. At which point Naruto would indeed be stronger.

It is very vague for the claims you’re making. All that has to be true for that statement to be true is Naruto needs one strong jutsu above Kakashi. At which point Naruto would indeed be stronger.
Are you saying that statements about strength are referring to just AP unless otherwise specified? Also I talked about why that doesn't make sense already given the way he phrased it in the ramen shop.

I won’t address every point rn but I will say this

if we look at those statements with context.

1). “He’s surpassed me”

The statement was made after he saw what the RS could do. A jutsu that undeniably surpasses Kakashi’s AP

2). One by one the next generation will catch up until they surpass you.

Not really a direct statement that infers he’s stronger rn. But something that implies at the end the new gen will alway surpass the previous. Which is a common theme in Naruto not just for these two.

3). “You’re strong Naruto you may even surpass me”

He backtracks from his prior statement of Naruto being definitively stronger immediately after Naruto is told never to use RS again.

4). “I truly believe you are the only Shinobi who can surpass the fourth Hokage”

Kind of a layered statement since this is implies Kakashi believes Naruto has the potential to surpass him(not that he has) and eludes to Naruto being Minato son.

None of these statements really give the impression that Naruto is stronger than Kakashi outside of RS. But do give the impression that he’s still somewhat relative to Kakashi otherwise with the immense potential to surpass him. Which is fully realized in Naruto’s very next training arc when he gains Senjutsu and definitively surpasses Kakashi.

It also makes sense for him to be this humble without it meaning Naruto is holistically stronger since Naruto was able to combine Rasengan with a Nature type (something Kakashi could not do nor Minato)

I won’t address every point rn but I will say this

if we look at those statements with context.

1). “He’s surpassed me”

The statement was made after he saw what the RS could do. A jutsu that undeniably surpasses Kakashi’s AP

2). One by one the next generation will catch up until they surpass you.

Not really a direct statement that infers he’s stronger rn. But something that implies at the end the new gen will alway surpass the previous. Which is a common theme in Naruto not just for these two.

3). “You’re strong Naruto you may even surpass me”

He backtracks from his prior statement of Naruto being definitively stronger immediately after Naruto is told never to use RS again.

4). “I truly believe you are the only Shinobi who can surpass the fourth Hokage”

Kind of a layered statement since this is implies Kakashi believes Naruto has the potential to surpass him(not that he has) and eludes to Naruto being Minato son.

None of these statements really give the impression that Naruto is stronger than Kakashi outside of RS. But do give the impression that he’s still somewhat relative to Kakashi otherwise with the immense potential to surpass him. Which is fully realized in Naruto’s very next training arc when he gains Senjutsu and definitively surpasses Kakashi.

It also makes sense for him to be this humble without it meaning Naruto is holistically stronger since Naruto was able to combine Rasengan with a Nature type (something Kakashi could not do nor Minato)
Yeah I'm fine with Naruto being relative without the RS, I just don't think Kakashi's clearly superior like some people seem to think.

Back