• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Surpassing the Previous Generation: Part 1

Testarossa002

Username Only
Hi
Straight to the point
Base Scaling
Deepa
: Currently scales to 53 megatons
Those who scale to this value in a way
Shinki
Could easily subdue Kawaki who should be comparable to the rest of Team 7
His Metal shield could tank barrages from Deepa
ChoCho
Could clash with Deepa, was matching Sarada in base

Chō Chōchō Chō Mōdo
Butterfly mode grants it’s users a hundred times strength boost
That’s very straightforward
Chocho is capable of using butterfly mode
=530 Megatons(7-A+)
Sarada
Could clash and defeat Butterfly Mode chocho with her Chidori

Note
1. No regular ninjas for now scale to either chidori or butterfly mode
2. Logically, the rest of Team 10 should scale relative to base chocho but I currently have no scans for this

Agree:
Disagree:

I disagree with this.
Hi
Straight to the point
Base Scaling
Deepa
: Currently scales to 53 megatons
Shinki
Could easily subdue Kawaki who should be comparable to the rest of Team 7
His Metal shield could tank barrages from Deepa
Well, yes, but Kawaki is superior to team 7. This was shown right from his introduction. He singlehandedly destroyed the robotic puppets that were implied to be too powerful for Boruto's squad. He also fought on equal terms with Garo who was clearly superior to Boruto's team 7. And he was exhausted in this instance. Base Kawaki is stronger than Boruto, Mitsuki and Sarada in a 1v1 matchup. There is no correlation between Shinki and Deepa.Deepa scales above team 7 individually. But so does base Kawaki and Shinki as well. The only person from team 7debatebly equal to base Kawaki is base Boruto.
ChoCho
Could clash with Deepa, was matching Sarada in base
Chocho never clashed with Deepa. And Sarada doesn't scale to Deepa at all.
Chō Chōchō Chō Mōdo
Butterfly mode grants it’s users a hundred times strength boost
That’s very straightforward
Chocho is capable of using butterfly mode
=530 Megatons(7-A+)
This is a common misconception. The butterfly mode doesn't grant 100 times more power. It's the red pills that does that. That's why Choji almost died when he took the pills due to its massive draw backs by prematurely evolving your growth. Chochi doesn't become 100 time more powerful by using the butterfly mode. She can only becomes 100x if she takes in the red pills.
I already explained why Sarada doesn't scale to that level.

There is no correlation between Shinki and Deepa
The scan right there shows Shinki taking attacls from deepa
Chocho never clashed with Deepa. And Sarada doesn't scale to Deepa at all
Cho-Cho was able to clash with Deepa briefly with her cannon ball mode or whatever it's called
It's a supporting feat anyways
Sarada scales above people like Omoi who couldn't dent Deepa with named attacks
She was able to crack his armour putting her above Omoi
Omoi is 53 Megatons currently

This is a common misconception. The butterfly mode doesn't grant 100 times more power. It's the red pills that does that. That's why Choji almost died when he took the pills due to its massive draw backs by prematurely evolving your growth. Chochi doesn't become 100 time more powerful by using the butterfly mode. She can only becomes 100x if she takes in the red pills.
Uh….
  1. The 4th databook states "Originally, the Akimichi Clan’s secret pill was used to release this power, but Chouji was able to activate alone, without collateral damage"
  1. The manga also states that he can now access that power (with reference to the pills) without getting the side effects
So I'm not sure where the "common misconception" is coming from

Deepa (Diamond Form) > Deepa (When he coats himself with his armor) = Boruto Compression Rasengan > Deepa (Base) >= Post Training Sarada, Boruto and Mitsuki (Sarada states, before training, that they'll have to get "Twice as strong multiple times over" aka a minimum of 4x) > Omoi & Gang (53 Megatons) & Pre Training Sarada, Boruto and Mitsuki

So I guess even if you don't use the 100x multiplier ChoCho has, you could argue that current Team 7 would be around 212 Megatons by their "twice as strong multiple times over" thingy

Ep 167
image.png

So I guess even if you don't use the 100x multiplier ChoCho has, you could argue that current Team 7 would be around 212 Megatons by their "twice as strong multiple times over" thingy
Oh wow
Didn't know this existed
I knew they went on a mini training Arc though
With Sarada learning to refine her chakra control when punching

What's the baseline for Jonin tier again? Sarada and Team 7 seem fairly above that after the Deepa confrontation.

Leaning towards agreeing

The red pills do nothing but instantly access the butterfly mode and kill the user. The mode itself is what gives the power boost.
What I can say is when Chocho first showed the ability to use the mode she acknowledged that she didn't get any power boost and it only served to make her slim so it wasn't battle ready.

Tl;dr of what I think the scaling should vaguely be like
Deepa (Diamond Armor) 212 Mt+, potentially 2.12 Gt (Based off of Cho-Cho's multiplier) = Sarada (Chidori) potentially 2.12 Gt > Deepa (Coating) 212 Mt+ = Sarada (2 Tomoe) > Boruto = Mitsuki = Deepa (Base) 212 Mt+ > Team 7 prior to training, 53 Mt

Tl;dr of what I think the scaling should vaguely be like
Deepa (Diamond Armor) 212 Mt+, potentially 2.12 Gt (Based off of Cho-Cho's multiplier) = Sarada (Chidori) potentially 2.12 Gt > Deepa (Coating) 212 Mt+ = Sarada (2 Tomoe) > Boruto = Mitsuki = Deepa (Base) 212 Mt+ > Team 7 prior to training, 53 Mt
I think it's fairly consistent given that Deepa, by coating his index finger, could literally 1 shot pre training Boruto with a ******* finger flip. So a 4x increase as stated by Boruto and Sarada would be very much a bare minimum, as they literally said

The red pills do nothing but instantly access the butterfly mode and kill the user. The mode itself is what gives the power boost.
What I can say is when Chocho first showed the ability to use the mode she acknowledged that she didn't get any power boost and it only served to make her slim so it wasn't battle ready.
Episode 156 provides full context to her using butterfly mode

I disagree with this.

Well, yes, but Kawaki is superior to team 7. This was shown right from his introduction. He singlehandedly destroyed the robotic puppets that were implied to be too powerful for Boruto's squad. He also fought on equal terms with Garo who was clearly superior to Boruto's team 7. And he was exhausted in this instance. Base Kawaki is stronger than Boruto, Mitsuki and Sarada in a 1v1 matchup. There is no correlation between Shinki and Deepa.Deepa scales above team 7 individually. But so does base Kawaki and Shinki as well. The only person from team 7debatebly equal to base Kawaki is base Boruto
this is incorrect, Kawaki regularly gets bested or struggles against the same people boruto either can match or defeat, at worse they relative and sarada and mitsuki are relative to base boruto in everything but rasengan and Karma

this is incorrect, Kawaki regularly gets bested or struggles against the same people boruto either can match or defeat, at worse they relative and sarada and mitsuki are relative to base boruto in everything but rasengan and Karma
Hi
What's your take on the thread in general

Doubling up their strength many times over doesn't mean they would individually scale to Deepa considering the fact that they still needed to combine their powers and Mitsuki activating sage mode along with Boruto's compression rasengan just to overpower Deepa. Even if Boruto, SM Mitsuki and Shinki were to individually scale to Deepa, Sarada is definitely not going to scale to him and neither would Chocho. They do not have any feat or abilities that puts them on that tier.

Give me examples of characters Boruto could beat but Kawaki wouldn't? As far as I remember, Kawaki has consistently had better feats in base form than any member of team 7. Like I said earlier, his fight with the puppets and Garo alone already put him way ahead of team 7 in base.

Doubling up their strength many times over doesn't mean they would individually scale to Deepa considering the fact that they still needed to combine their powers and Mitsuki activating sage mode along with Boruto's compression rasengan just to overpower Deepa. Even if Boruto, SM Mitsuki and Shinki were to individually scale to Deepa, Sarada is definitely not going to scale to him and neither would Chocho. They do not have any feat or abilities that puts them on that tier.
Never said they would, but they were already Omoi level before, who Deepa even in base without using his abilities could very easily stomp.
Sage Mode Mitsuki flew past Deepa with no trouble and got Boruto out of the way despite Mitsuki being knocked down by Deepa previously, and Mitsuki was able to literally bring Deepa to his knees and cause steam to basically boil off of Deepa.
Sarada, Mitsuki and Boruto after training were able to force Deepa to actually use his abilities and carbon control to a proper extent.
2 Tomoe Sarada could crack his carbon coating with her punch. While characters like Omoi and whatever couldn't even scratch Deepa's bare skin lol.
Boruto's Compression Rasengan could completely shatter it.
Deepa then used his armor thing, and the combined strength of Boruto, Sarada and Mitsuki was able to get Deepa gg'd.

They're relative to Deepa, with the exception of 2 Tomoe Sarada and Sage Mode Mitsuki yada yada

Give me examples of characters Boruto could beat but Kawaki wouldn't? As far as I remember, Kawaki has consistently had better feats in base form than any member of team 7. Like I said earlier, his fight with the puppets and Garo alone already put him way ahead of team 7 in base.

Boruto performed much better than Shinki during their fight against Urashiki and Shinki>Kawaki, During his first mission as a genin Kawaki was getting folded by no name ninjas and required shikadai and boruto's help, during the funato arc he was being pressured by enemies that can tussle with the seven swordsman of the mist, the same people that an academy era sarada was fighting. also the puppet fight was off screen we have no idea if he used karma or not.

Again
They simply scale above Omoi who couldn't dent Deepa at all
With named attacks

Also after quickly rewatching the arc, Compression Rasengan would get this "multiplier" (assuming it gets accepted), because that was what his training was for; creating a new Rasengan Variant to defeat Deepa. He didn't actually get physically stronger. So if it was somehow rated in the wiki his Compression Rasengan would be 7-B+, 7-A with Compression Rasengan (via multiplier)

Sarada would flat out get the rating because she actually did get stronger with the help of Sakura - and they actually both have similar feats to back it up too (Boruto's Compression Rasengan cracking Deepa's Armor | Sarada's punch cracking Deepa's Armor). Boruto's would likely be even stronger because later, it even cracked Deepa's Diamond Armor even before Sarada and Mitsuki jumped in.

They would definitely need a different key because this training of theirs marked a massive growth from their first encounter.

Also I was told that double (2x) and many times (3x) would add up to a 6x multiplier.... I'm not sure how consistent this would be but if it is consistent then that would be a massive jump for these guys. It'd even bump up Chocho as well as she matched Sarada in base and then add on the 100x multiplier for Butterfly Mode and Sarada's Chidori for matching Butterfly Chocho.

I was planning a massive Boruto revision coming really soon anyway (most of the 7-B+ would upscale to baseline 7-A) if the multiplier does get accepted it would look something like this:

Boruto

7-B+ in base (this rating is just flat out wrong btw, he gets outclassed by Deepa and is only able to match him with Compression Rasengan but w/e), 7-A+(600 Megatons) with Compression Rasengan

Sarada

7-A+(600 Megatons), 6-C+(60 Gigatons) with Chidori (Matched Butterfly Mode Chocho)

Mitsuki (L)

7-B+ in base (same as Boruto, he doesn't deserve this rating either), higher with Sage Mode (He managed to push back Deepa but did no damage)

Chocho

7-A+(600 Megatons) in base, 6-C+(60 Gigatons) with Butterfly Mode (100x multiplier)

Also this wouldn't actually scale to Inojin and Shikadai at all. They have no feats nor scaling that put them to their level.

Like I said I'm planning on doing a massive revision on Boruto anyway so if this CRT doesn't get concluded, I'll definitely add this to mine.

Also after quickly rewatching the arc, Compression Rasengan would get this "multiplier" (assuming it gets accepted), because that was what his training was for; creating a new Rasengan Variant to defeat Deepa. He didn't actually get physically stronger. So if it was somehow rated in the wiki his Compression Rasengan would be 7-B+, 7-A with Compression Rasengan (via multiplier)

Sarada would flat out get the rating because she actually did get stronger with the help of Sakura - and they actually both have similar feats to back it up too (Boruto's Compression Rasengan cracking Deepa's Armor | Sarada's punch cracking Deepa's Armor). Boruto's would likely be even stronger because later, it even cracked Deepa's Diamond Armor even before Sarada and Mitsuki jumped in.

They would definitely need a different key because this training of theirs marked a massive growth from their first encounter.

Also I was told that double (2x) and many times (3x) would add up to a 6x multiplier.... I'm not sure how consistent this would be but if it is consistent then that would be a massive jump for these guys. It'd even bump up Chocho as well as she matched Sarada in base and then add on the 100x multiplier for Butterfly Mode and Sarada's Chidori for matching Butterfly Chocho.

I was planning a massive Boruto revision coming really soon anyway (most of the 7-B+ would upscale to baseline 7-A) if the multiplier does get accepted it would look something like this:

Boruto

7-B+ in base (this rating is just flat out wrong btw, he gets outclassed by Deepa and is only able to match him with Compression Rasengan but w/e), 7-A+(600 Megatons) with Compression Rasengan

Sarada

7-A+(600 Megatons), 6-C+(60 Gigatons) with Chidori (Matched Butterfly Mode Chocho)

Mitsuki (L)

7-B+ in base (same as Boruto, he doesn't deserve this rating either), higher with Sage Mode (He managed to push back Deepa but did no damage)

Chocho

7-A+(600 Megatons) in base, 6-C+(60 Gigatons) with Butterfly Mode (100x multiplier)

Also this wouldn't actually scale to Inojin and Shikadai at all. They have no feats nor scaling that put them to their level.

Like I said I'm planning on doing a massive revision on Boruto anyway so if this CRT doesn't get concluded, I'll definitely add this to mine.
Agreed fra

Yh you can
I've not been really active on the wiki to follow this thread through

You can also add that:
On the eve of the chunin exams, Sasuke said Sarada was more skilled that he was at her age
Could act as a supporting evidence

Kinda abandoned it

Anyways @Nierre is planning a much bigger revision soon

Just waiting for the bijuu thread to be completed because some characters like Jugo and Orochimaru might get upgraded and it'll affect the new era scaling

Back