• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nanatsu no Taizai scaling issues (Again...)

At first I was fine with the scaling, but things just got worse and worse the more I thought about it.

So yeah... some characters are scaled from the FC multipliers for some reason? Even though Unsealed base Mel is somehow 6-B when his feat of trashing Dandafor was done in his Unsealed Demon Mark while literally screaming his head off.

There are likely other characters that shouldn't be scaled to the FC multiplier, but I cannot think of who just yet.

Unsealed Base Meliodas should be dropped down to Low 6-B+. And while we're on to that. Why are so many characters scaled to 5 teratons??? As I mentioned before, it was preformed by a form much more powerful than Mel's unsealed base while screaming his head off. Arguably a case of hysterical strength rather than something we can safely call his normal output.

"But Versus base Galand fought Tarmiel"

Yeah, no. Galand in base has a PL of 26K last time I recall. Whereas Tarmiel is likely somewhere in the 80K range. While Meliodas after unsealing his power obliterated poor Galand with his combat class of 27K vs Galand's 24K. Plus, Escanor who at Dawn was at 50K and rising cut him in half by accident.

Etiher its an outlier, or Tarmiel is a glass cannon. IE Tarmiel could have a very shitty combat class like Melasecula for all we know. But thing is... we don't know that.

So thoughts? In my opinion Low 6-B+ and 6-B should only be for people on base Estarossa and Zeldris w/o god level and above.

I thought it was supposed to be returned to the unsealed key 'cause it debunked by some people.

Edit: ignore this, I misread the thread cause I need sleep.

> Yeah, no. Galand in base has a PL of 26K last time I recall.

That was when Galand had no magic, right?

So he's just 26K with physicals + spirit.

EDIT: Also, I swear all Galand did was made Tarmiel use elemental intangibility. He wasn't literally cut in half; there wasn't even any blood.

At best Tarmiel's strength comes from his magic (Basically Goddess powers and his grace) rather than his combat class.

Merlin sort of implies it's just his normal level of power. She says they need to direct that strength he had at the commandments, and he never goes out of control. She could just be talking about his past strength though, but given that they'd been talking about him destroying a city before, it's more likely that they refer to the power to do this.

Meliodas usually shows signs of exertion when he's going overboard on Wrath, and hysterical strength in real life also does that, at least according to what I've read.

If Merlin says he could do it normally when he wants to, then he can if he wants to, regardless of it being his maximum exertion.

But my point still stands with the rest of the scaling. It's specific to his unsealed Demon Mark's full power. And it is absolutely ridiculous to put both of them at 6-B.

Shit has been wanked badly here.

Yeah, I agree there, his base should be downgraded.

Speaking of which, like I said before, we agreed due to sieg's arguments in the last thread that his Demon form that fought Drole and Gloxinia was the one who destroyed Danafor, not the 3000 years/pre-time skip one.

Yeah I've been talking about this in all the previous revisions in all the previous threads so I obviously agree with this.

I don't get the argument, we scale the Archangels to twice the ten commandments, but then we scale a bunch of ten commandments to the archangels, so WTF

I never really liked that statement cause it's pretty apparent that one Archangel is far stronger than any two Commandments even if they work together. Not to mention not all of the Commandments are equal in power.

I agree with revising the scaling to your suggestions too Versus.

From the 24th of August up until the 3th of september a thread regarding the scalings for the Nanatsu no Taizai Characters was been made. All of your reasonings and arguments had been heard at that time. It was finally decided to use the scalings we currently use. https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2005798

From 19th of September till 22th of September the scaling has been brought up yet again with the same arguments and reasonings. Again, it was decided to leave things as they were. I personally asked politely to drop the matter until new events unfold in the manga to warrant it to be explored again since the presented points repeated itself.

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2120336

At the 7th of Octobre this thread brought the scaling up again with again the same arguments and reasoning brought forth by the same people who disagreed with the verdicts the last two times.

Over the course of barely one month and a half we have 3 thread regarding the same topic, despite having found a verdict the two times previously already. "We" in this sense refers to only the people who previously disagreed with the found verdict, not the general community.

We do not continously bring back scalings every other week just because we personally do not agree with the verdict. This is no longer appearing as coming together to find a multilateral decision regarding a verse - it did not appear that way after the second thread was made already, and certainly not with this one here, barely 3 weeks after the second - but like an intentional attempt to tweak scalings because one personal dont like it.

I strongly advise everyone to finally drop the matter until new events in the manga unfold.

But why even are they Country level? That's something that's failed to explain in both threads. The Archangels are Country level because they scale above Meliodas' Small Country level+ feat, but then they're backwards scaled to be Country level from the Archangels.

Is it because of some variation of the Ocean calc? I tried to ask in the last thread, but I never got an answer.

Edit: I found a part in the thread where it says Escanor (the one who was beating Estarossa) is scaled as Country level for withstanding a full countered attack. The problem with this is that he's moderatley superior to Estarossa and he was actually damaged quite heavily by this attack, twice.

M eliodas feat already was scratching regular 6B, being just ~1 TT off. In addition, while he had done it in a Rage moment, he at that point in time did not had his Sacred Treasure. The TCs who fought him, especially Gloxinia, Dolor and most of all Derriere fought him with his Sacred Treasure. And the difference between Meliodas with and without Sacred treasure is the difference between a cup of water and an entire building

Disregarding that fact and denying the rounding up because of personal disliking is disingenious, given how we do it for several other series for similar reasons and much bigger thresholds than just 1TT missing.and signifcant story advancement and exposition.

The other feats, like Dolor/Gloxinia fighting Chandler in True form or Derriere and Monspiet fighting the Archangels just have been yet some more confirmations to use the scalings.

Sacred Treasures do not scale to normal power, this has been discussed on multiple occasions and it's shown in the series when they can slice up comparable or somewhat comparable characters.

Example: Zeldris has even less physical strength than Meliodas (47,200 to 50,000), but can cut off his arm, Meliodas cuts off a weakened Drole's arms like butter as base, and Demon Mel does the same to a full power Drole that can withstand his normal kicks.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it 1.5? I know it's nitpicky, but just a question. And we discuss here that he used the full limit of his demon abilities to perform this feat.

Confirmation? No, that's just backwards scaling. The Archangels and Chandler are Country level for scaling to Country level beings, you can't use the former being at that level for evidence that the latter is. Especially since we don't have a calc anymore.

Which are points which have all been adressed in the other two threads regaring the topic by me and others. I am not here in this thread to discuss the scalings.

I am here to inform about rules and I repeat myself: Whether individual users disagree or agree with a specific found scaling personally is not important in a wiki which focuses on general consensus and majority principle for a large part.

Creating 3 consecutive threads on the same topic in a short period of time when the matter has been resolved is not welcome and will result in repercussions if it keeps up.

These points have not, what was discussed is the Archangels scaling to the Commandments, not the actual backwards scalings or other problems I've brought up.

Let me explain of the massive backwards scalings; Escanor has a 5TT attack that gets doubled against him, so his durability is 10TT, and Estarossa can harm him so he's 6-B, but where does the original rating come from if it was Low 6-B+ before from scaling to an all out attack, especially since it's from a superior opponent. Twigo has 8-B durability due to scaling from his Large Building level+ attack being Full Countered back at him.

Yes, but then there's two things you're forgetting, the last one was barely talking about this and mostly covering the Danafor feat, and you blocked off the last discussion like you are doing now by saying

"We had a very thorough discussion regarding this matter of scaling just in the other thread some 12 days ago. I dont feel like repeating every argument from back then and rolling back the discussion and results we had after an extensive discussion without having been given any new information from the manga.If we are given new intel or new calculations emerge a rescaling can be done."

The initial point of the second thread were whether to retcon Danafor, to which I have not blocked off anything, I participated in the discussion regarding it. Only once the arguments cornered back to what was discussed previously alread I asked people to leave it be.

Simply quoting one single passage of my participation in that thread to make it seem as if I purposedly and without reading what is even being said ignore content is something I please you to not do.

I wasn't talking about the Danafor feat specifically, I was talking about the first mention of any rescaling based on The Archangels, but I did take it somewhat out of context (though not on purpose) and do apologise.

Anyway, there's a complete backwards scaling here.

What confuses me more is why Unsealed Base Meliodas is '''Country level'''.

Lets fix this.

Characters weaker than Zeldris have the + removed from their Low 6-B rating.

New scaling up past Unsealed Demon.

Zeldris: At least Low 6-B+, likely 6-B physycally. (Effortlessly sliced off Unsealed Demon Meliodas' arm, should be somewhat comparable to his own durability. (God remains the same)

Estarossa: 6-B (Physically stronger than Zeldris. Left bruises on Escanor, has equivalent strength to Post-Revival Meliodas who casually stomped Dereri.)

Post-Revival Mel: 6-B (Casually defeater Derieri who later endured her own full countered attack, has an equivalent power level to Estarossa)

Escanor: Low 6-B+ to 6-B normally. (At dawn he scared Critical Over Galand into running away by just flaring his aura, can casually swing Rhitta one- handed while Unsealed Meliodas struggles to lift it. Later in the day he brought Estarossa to his knees with a single punch through his guard, Estarossa stated that he would've been in "Serious Trouble" if it weren't for his darkness shield protecting him from Cruel Sun)

Dereri At least Low 6-B+, likely 6-B with Combo Star. (Hurt Unsealed Demon Meliodas with her first punch, and crushed his arms with combo star. Caused serious damage to Fallen Angel Mael with Combo Star)

This is all I got for now.

Probs at least Low 6-B or maybe Low 6-B+ for casually killing Glxoina and Drole. Although at that point they lost their Commandments.

Reposting my list with some changes.

16k-27k (Hunter Fest Ban, Post-Wings Elaine, and Base Galand): High 6-C+

30k-36k (Melascula, Fruadrin, Gowther, Unsealed Base Meliodas and etc.): At least High 6-C+ Likely Low 6-B

39k-49k (Grayroad, Critical Over Galand, Post-Training King and etc.): Low 6-B

50k-54k (Gloxinia, Monspeet, Drole, Derrieri And etc.): Likely Low 6-B+

56k (Unsealed Demon Meliodas): Low 6-B+

60k+ (Base Zeldris, Base Estarossa, Base Masters and etc.): 6-B

88k+ (2C Estarossa, Sariel, Tarmiel and etc.): at least 6-B

Back