• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia: Gran Torino blitzes Izuku

In My Hero Academia Chapter 49, Gran Torino blitzes Izuku while he struggles to use Full Cowling. I'll be calculating how fast he's moving.

Calculation​

unknown.png

Izuku height = 340.87px (1.66m)

Distance Gran traveled = 2927.11px (8.58717399595m)

I'll be using peak-human perception time here, which has been recorded at 220 FPS for fighter pilots. 1/220 = 0.00454545454 seconds.

D/T = 8.58717399595/0.00454545454 = 1889.17828138 m/s

Final Tally​

Speed Gran Torino traveled at: 1889.17828138 m/s or Mach 5.5 (Hypersonic)

Last edited:
You are using perception speed instead of reaction speed, and we don't use it unless it's really implied that the subject couldn't perceive anything.

Peak human reaction is 0.08 seconds.

You are using perception speed instead of reaction speed, and we don't use it unless it's really implied that the subject couldn't perceive anything.

Peak human reaction is 0.08 seconds.
Oh, I sometimes mix the two up. I meant to say perception time, so my bad. Anyways, I think this should still count as perception considering the fact that Izuku didn't even know where Gran Torino went after he traveled behind him. His face didn't seem to change even after Gran Torino traveled. That wouldn't happen unless Torino was moving fast enough to the point Izuku couldn't perceive him.

I have a question, how fast does one character have to be compared to another to be considered a speed blitz?
It kinda varies from Series to series in a vs thread it just needs to be a really gap in speed like a Mach 5 character fighting a Mach 45 character or a Relativistic+ fighting a 1% light speed character
But if referring to Irl it usually takes Subsonic-Subsonic+ for normal humans to incapable of perceiving something

Last edited:
I guess it could be used as a supporting feat now that Gran Torino is Hypersonic, but I find it weird that we just stopped using that calc.

Last edited:
This is completely incorrect, we do not accept that as a valid perception speed.

Also perception speed can only be used when it's stated that the person couldn't see another's movement due to their speed. Izuku never states this, he just says Gran Torino is too fast. Which isn't perception speed, at best you can only use reaction speed which is 0.12 seconds.

All of these speed feats were agreed to be removed from the profiles, that's why my calc isn't used anymore. Ask Damage why we don't use this anymore, and there was even talk about dropping the 0.013 perception speed as well.

We had a big thread on this in the old forum, you were there too Therefir, did you forget that?

However, even ignoring all of that the calc is still incorrect. Why are we assuming Gran Torino crossed that distance before he hit Izuku, seems like to me he hit him and then traveled that distance. So using Izuku's perception speed is incorrect, he never even he states Gran Torino can move faster than his eye can see.

Oh, I sometimes mix the two up. I meant to say perception time, so my bad. Anyways, I think this should still count as perception considering the fact that Izuku didn't even know where Gran Torino went after he traveled behind him. His face didn't seem to change even after Gran Torino traveled. That wouldn't happen unless Torino was moving fast enough to the point Izuku couldn't perceive him.
Reaction speed, no reason to assume perception speed. He didn't move because he can't react, nothing stated he can't see him.

Edit: Please read this page.

This is completely incorrect, we do not accept that as a valid perception speed.

Also perception speed can only be used when it's stated that the person couldn't see another's movement due to their speed. Izuku never states this, he just says Gran Torino is too fast. Which isn't perception speed, at best you can only use reaction speed which is 0.12 seconds.

All of these speed feats were agreed to be removed from the profiles, that's why my calc isn't used anymore. Ask Damage why we don't use this anymore, and there was even talk about dropping the 0.013 perception speed as well.

We had a big thread on this in the old forum, you were there too Therefir, did you forget that?

However, even ignoring all of that the calc is still incorrect. Why are we assuming Gran Torino crossed that distance before he hit Izuku, seems like to me he hit him and then traveled that distance. So using Izuku's perception speed is incorrect, he never even he states Gran Torino can move faster than his eye can see.
I'd like to see the thread where you've decided that 0.0045 seconds isn't a valid perception time.

Apparently no one actually made the thread it seems, you can see what I mean in the comments here. But once again it was agreed here to not use perception speed unless it's stated/implied they couldn't see that action/person. In this case nothing says Izuku couldn't see Gran Torino, so perception speed is not possible.

That's also why my calculation was removed from Gran Torino's profile, obviously that link doesn't work anymore now that we've switch forums.

Also something else to point out, reaction speed and perception speed depend on the initial state of the person in question. 0.0045 seconds was done in a dark room, where the pilots could have an easier time seeing the flashing image. They were also prepared to see a very fast image flash by and were focusing beforehand.

But for right now it seems like this perception speed is still being used, and 0.013 seems to be alright even if 0.0045 is dropped.

However the other problems I pointed out still remain. Nothing proves Izuku can't perceive Gran Torino in this scene, so not even 0.013 can be used.

Apparently no one actually made the thread it seems, you can see what I mean in the comments here. But once again it was agreed here to not use perception speed unless it's stated/implied they couldn't see that action/person. In this case nothing says Izuku couldn't see Gran Torino, so perception speed is not possible.

That's also why my calculation was removed from Gran Torino's profile, obviously that link doesn't work anymore now that we've switch forums.

Also something else to point out, reaction speed and perception speed depend on the initial state of the person in question. 0.0045 seconds was done in a dark room, where the pilots could have an easier time seeing the flashing image. They were also prepared to see a very fast image flash by and were focusing beforehand.

But for right now it seems like this perception speed is still being used, and 0.013 seems to be alright even if 0.0045 is dropped.

However the other problems I pointed out still remain. Nothing proves Izuku can't perceive Gran Torino in this scene, so not even 0.013 can be used.
While my question I’m going to ask may be a little less related does 100% Deku seemingly disappearing in his fight with Overhaul constitute for him not being able to perceive Deku
As the anime implied as much if not even more than the manga did

The anime had Overhaul react before Izuku even reached him, his face changed into a shocked expression right before the kick landed. So actually it implies that he could see him, but couldn't react to him. Unless your saying Izuku slowed down in mid air before he kicked him.

The anime had Overhaul react before Izuku even reached him, his face changed into a shocked expression right before the kick landed. So actually it implies that he could see him, but couldn't react to him. Unless your saying Izuku slowed down in mid air before he kicked him.
Ok fair enough guess that feat would get fodder results going with reaction times
I was primarily thinking of the scene where Deku accidentally used a 100% kick when he got hold of Eri
And he seemed to disappear when he kicked the then it seemed like a second or so later Chisaki realized Deku was gone
Although that was likely also inability to react

Fair enough.

Ok fair enough guess that feat would get fodder results going with reaction times
I was primarily thinking of the scene where Deku accidentally used a 100% kick when he got hold of Eri
And he seemed to disappear when he kicked the then it seemed like a second or so later Chisaki realized Deku was gone
Although that was likely also inability to react
I'm quite certain 100% Deku was completely FTE to Chisaki.

It's possible, but I can't say for sure. However he is visibly confused, and he doesn't try to look behind him where Izuku went so maybe.

However even assuming this is valid perception speed, Izuku doesn't need to travel all of that distance faster than Chisaki can perceive. He just needs to move out of his line of sight, a quick check gives results lower than Izuku's bullet dodging feat. Even using 0.0045 seconds give Supersonic, no plus, results.

Last edited:
It's possible, but I can't say for sure. However he is visibly confused, and he doesn't try to look behind him where Izuku went so maybe.

However even assuming this is valid perception speed, Izuku doesn't need to travel all of that distance faster than Chisaki can perceive. He just needs to move out of his line of sight, a quick check gives results lower than Izuku's bullet dodging feat. Even using 0.0045 seconds give Supersonic, no plus, results.
Well that’s kinda underwhelming and unfortunately higher perceptions like Supehuman probably can’t be used
And stuff like transonic perception or supersonic perception is especially not gonna be used

It's possible to use stuff like Transonic perception or Supersonic perception due to Chisaki casually beating Rappa's strong arm quirk in terms of speed and reaction. Although I'm not quite sure if he was aim dodging due to his predictability.

We accept Chisaki scaling to Rappa in terms of reactions, also Nighteye dodged his attacks as well and Chisaki could keep up with him. However I'm pretty sure O'Clock isn't stated to be transonic or supersonic in terms of perception, we calc it like that but in universe I don't know.

Rappa's punches scale to O'Clock's combat speed, not his perception speed. Since Knuckleduster could see his punches just fine, and even gauge all of his openings. He just couldn't move fast enough to take advantage of those openings.

Though that's a change in name only, if O'Clock has a statement of being transonic or supersonic in speed then maybe? I'm not certain how we treat something like this, but at the least we need a statement/showing of him being that fast that doesn't come from a calc. Note: I'm not that knowledgeable about Vigilantes.

It's possible to use stuff like Transonic perception or Supersonic perception due to Chisaki casually beating Rappa's strong arm quirk in terms of speed and reaction. Although I'm not quite sure if he was aim dodging due to his predictability.
Eh that’s still kinda iffy I feel with Subsonic or transonic perception it would probably get High Hypersonic results consistent with the god tiers(Rough guess)
It’s just hard justifying Rappa’s strong arm isn’t even portrayed to really be FTE for Kirishima or fatgum just extremely fast and hard for them to react to/counter properly even though somehow Kirishima jumped between Rappa and Fatgum after Rappa started punching
so justifying even Subsonic perception would be hard

Although I don’t think Chisaki needed to aim dodge Rappa as Shown with Nighteye struggling with him and Nighteye could easily react to a Rappa clone

Kirishima didn't move between his punches, Rappa was running forward while punching. So Kirishima was moving comparable/faster than his running speed.

Edit: At best you might be able to his Superhuman reactions for O'Clock scaling, but that's about it. We'd get less results than with average perception speed.

Note: I legit have no idea what the perception speed is for any character that is faster than superhuman. The reaction page doesn't list perception speed, I know it says perception speed but that's suppose to be reaction speed. It's a typo that no one has bother to fix for some reason.

Kirishima didn't move between his punches, Rappa was running forward while punching. So Kirishima was moving comparable/faster than his running speed.

Edit: At best you might be able to his Superhuman reactions for O'Clock scaling, but that's about it. We'd get less results than with average perception speed.
Would be less than average perceptions
That’s a total bummer and calc stacking is a thing we can’t just Yank a result from that O’Clock calc

Even if We did the Results would be so inflated it wouldn’t matter.
Like I’m already guessing doing so would reach Mach 90+ assuming Chisaki couldn’t see him which would be the outlier of all outliers.

We accept Chisaki scaling to Rappa in terms of reactions, also Nighteye dodged his attacks as well and Chisaki could keep up with him. However I'm pretty sure O'Clock isn't stated to be transonic or supersonic in terms of perception, we calc it like that but in universe I don't know.

Rappa's punches scale to O'Clock's combat speed, not his perception speed. Since Knuckleduster could see his punches just fine, and even gauge all of his openings. He just couldn't move fast enough to take advantage of those openings.

Though that's a change in name only, if O'Clock has a statement of being transonic or supersonic in speed then maybe? I'm not certain how we treat something like this, but at the least we need a statement/showing of him being that fast that doesn't come from a calc. Note: I'm not that knowledgeable about Vigilantes.
We could use the fact that O'Clock has dodged gunfire to get a basis. That was an actual feat in the series, and ignoring the calculation for it we can use that as a lowball for his speed. By ignoring the calculation as well as just taking the feat at face value we can prevent calc stacking.

You don't need to be supersonic or transonic to dodge gunfire, depending on the distance a subsonic character can avoid bullets.

And guess what, in normal situation O'Clock is stated to boost the user's speed by three to ten times. Which is Superhuman (0.043 seconds) to Subsonic (0.0129 seconds) This is fast enough to dodge bullets if he's far enough away, and the distance was never stated in universe, we calc it.

You're only getting Subsonic reactions from O'Clock, nothing points to Transonic or Supersonic.

You don't need to be supersonic or transonic to dodge gunfire, depending on the distance a subsonic character can avoid bullets.

And guess what, in normal situation O'Clock is stated to boost the user's speed by three to ten times. Which is Superhuman (0.043 seconds) to Subsonic (0.0129 seconds) This is fast enough to dodge bullets if he's far enough away, and the distance was never stated in universe, we calc it.

You're only getting Subsonic reactions from O'Clock, nothing points to Transonic or Supersonic.
Actually wait didn’t fat gum compare Rappa’s attacks to bullets that could potentially be used as a basis

But there's a problem. Yes, a subsonic character is able to dodge bullets, but from an EXTREMELY far distance away. We have to factor in the fact that he dodged the bullets that traveled only a few meters while traveling a much more considerable distance in the process. It'd be safe to say that's Supersonic.

It's also possible that he could've aimdodged since the shooters aren't that fast themselves (not saying he did). He also could've just moved a few distance to dodge the bullets but just kept moving, not necessarily moving that entire distance while the bullets are travelling the distance that they did. Which is doable with subsonic speed.

It's also possible that he could've aimdodged since the shooters aren't that fast themselves (not saying he did). He also could've just moved a few distance to dodge the bullets but just kept moving, not necessarily moving that entire distance while the bullets are travelling the distance that they did. Which is doable with subsonic speed.
There isn't really evidence of that being the case.

Back