• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Deku VS The Black Swordsman (11-10-0)

bro the reason you cited literally says that it would be a different story if Guts' had berserker armor, which he does...

the same guy also voted for guts after it was confirmed he had the berserker armor. I feel like you need to create your own reason now.

Oh, I hadn't noticed.

What would Deku's wincon be here? I feel like it can't do anything against your stamina, amps and boosts.

Berserker Armor gives Guts Immortality (Type 2)/Insane Stamina (Will not die until every last drop of blood is spilled), Massive Power Boost, Limited Healing (His body will basically pull itself back together if his arms/legs are broken or put out of place and stuff), He Feels no pain, and he is Bloodlusted/Berserk
In addition to all of this, Guts also gains a significant boost in speed and agility. His acrobatic abilities and maneuverability is truly inhuman in this form (mainly because he has absolutely no regard for his own wellbeing).

I also don't think a lot of people discussed these things, but Guts has nearly two decades worth of essentially non-stop combat experience. He also has insane stamina, as he can battle a 100 men for an entire night, and remain standing by the end of it. He also has ungodly pain tolerance, but both of these points are irrelevant due to the Berserker Armor's effects.

Guts is also extremely skilled. He has very accute and enhanced senses, as well as Analytical Prediction.
His sword, the Dragon Slayer, can also cause severe damage to his opponent's soul if he manages to cut or wound them.
Finally, his brand of sacrifice essentially ensures that he will survive most near death encounters in order for him to continue suffering and struggling. This is a twisted form of Probability Manipulation provided by an evil causality manipulating god, but it does come in handy for the purposes of this battle.

So yeah, I'm voting for Guts.

What would Deku's wincon be here?
True Flight. Deku can just remain on the air through Float and Air Force, keeping range away from Guts who will be mostly bound to the ground. And since Deku is limited to 30%, his stamina won't be drained as quick as when he kept fighting for weeks straight with 45% or Faux 100%. Guts won't be able to reach Deku normally unless Deku himself closes the gap.

Related to this, Deku has the range advantage (Guts has extended melee with Dragonslayer and tens of meters with his projectiles. Deku has at least hundreds of meters). With Air Force, Deku can simply fire air blast hundreds of meters away in the air to wear down his opponent. Deku can also use Blackwhip to drag his opponent around, restrain them, and pummel them through objects or the ground, which is something Deku can do to Guts due to superior Lifting Strength (Class M vs higher than Class 50). Deku can choose to drag Guts way up in the sky and send him crushing down to the ground, and Guts wouldn't be able to acrobat or force himself away due to the LS difference.

Guts also isn't the only one with Analytical Prediction and Enhanced Senses, as according to Deku's profile, he can predict the movements of opponents much faster than him and can see well in conditions where visuals are impaired.
On top of that, Deku has Extrasensory Perception and Precognition with Danger Sense.

Lastly, Fa Jin seems to not be restricted. I'm not really sure how to handle the usage of Fa Jin in this situation, other than it massively boosts Deku's speed and strength. Note that a charged up One Leg Fa Jin + 45% One For All resulted to Faux 100% (Massively Hypersonic, I forgot if AP scales to 100% OFA as well though). This could very well give Deku the victory here.

I'm not yet casting a vote, but I'm pointing out that this probably isn't as one-sided as some comments may suggest.

Are we saying Izuku is never going to restrain Guts? I highly doubt he can avoid all of Blackwhip, and once restrained the fight is over. Class 50 can't do anything to escape a Class M.

Izuku's analytical abilities surprised someone like Lady Nagant, and was able to accurately find her location from only two shots that curved around buildings. Alongside Danger Sense, he was able to avoid her barrage of bullets, all while charging up Fa Jin at the same time. Fa Jin's boost last for only two kicks, but with that speed he is almost blitzing and can break the bones of people who are comparable to him.

Guts best chance is at close range, but Izuku isn't foolish enough to continue to fight him up close when he realizes that is Guts' element. Izuku will back off and take advantage of the fact Guts lacks the same range options that he has when he figures that out.

If Guts doesn't finish off Izuku fast enough, he just flies up high and keeps going for Blackwhip. Guts best chance is overwhelming Izuku with the Berserker Armor at the start of the match, but I don't believe that is something he starts with in character.

I'm voting for Izuku, even if it doesn't change anything. But I'm curious, when is Guts likely to use the Berserker Armor?

but with that speed he is almost blitzing and can break the bones of people who are comparable to him.
That does literally nothing tho. You could break every bone in Guts body into a tiny pieces, if the armor is up, it might not even slow him down, and if it does, it might slow him down for like, 5 seconds.

Yeah the armor will forcefully hold his body together till the end, no matter how broken he is. Deku would need to destroy the armor, not what's underneath it.

I don't think Guts have a way to deal with Blackwhip's restraint or bypass Danger Sense.

Guts' profile says he will fight until the last drop of his blood is spilled, which would take a few hours at least depending on the injuries, but this Deku is far superior to the one who fought continuously for 8 hours straight, with current Deku being able to keep moving for weeks without taking breaks (we never actually saw him taking a break).

So yeah I'm going with Deku for reasons above.

Regardless, people here have failed to explain how Guts would be able to break out of Blackwhip's Class M restrains or would he would bypass Deku's Danger Sense, which allows him to dodge multiple curved bullets from different angles, with these bullets being faster than Deku himself.

And since Deku can fly and take Guts up into the air, there's not much Guts can do since he can't fly himself, or have any leg leverage to deliver powerful attacks with his sword, and that's assuming Deku isn't restraining his whole body which he has shown he can do.

Regardless, people here have failed to explain how Guts would be able to break out of Blackwhip's Class M restrains or would he would bypass Deku's Danger Sense, which allows him to dodge multiple curved bullets from different angles, with these bullets being faster than Deku himself.

And since Deku can fly and take Guts up into the air, there's not much Guts can do since he can't fly himself, or have any leg leverage to deliver powerful attacks with his sword, and that's assuming Deku isn't restraining his whole body which he has shown he can do.
Yeah I agree with this,

Uh, am I blind or has no one addressed the LS disadvantage going on here? What stops Deku from binding Guts? And what does Guts do against Danger Sense when he’s at a ridiculous mobility disadvantage?

Also, doesn’t the berserker armor literally NOT heal his wounds? Just keeps him going? He can still bleed out and die, or have organ failure, or eventually just implode from being beyond his limits too long. Can he stay in the berserk form for days while constantly fighting someone? Or heck, would it even matter if he just gets bound and rag dolled all day long? Feels like he would just hit a limit and die or pass out from blood loss.

That wouldn't be grace. For a verdict, there must be at least seven votes in favor of one character, with a minimum difference of three votes.
  • A final vote tally of 6-0 will be considered invalid.
  • A final vote tally of 7-0 will be considered valid.
  • A final vote tally of 7-4 will be considered valid.
  • A final vote tally of 7-5 will be considered invalid.

That wouldn't be grace. For a verdict, there must be at least seven votes in favor of one character, with a minimum difference of three votes.
  • A final vote tally of 6-0 will be considered invalid.
  • A final vote tally of 7-0 will be considered valid.
  • A final vote tally of 7-4 will be considered valid.
  • A final vote tally of 7-5 will be considered invalid.
If both characters have the same amount of votes then will inconclusive grace start?

Why do I come back to this thread and it’s just an FRA train with no additional arguments? Tf?

I want someone from the Guts side to give an actual reason he can win or deal with Deku’s advantages, otherwise all your votes are literally pointless and should be discarded. As it stands there is no way Guts is beating Deku before his body gives out on him so hard even the Armor can’t keep him going.

Well you guys should consider that if Deku goes into close combat, he dies. No questions asked. Guts would tear through him before he can get a chance to do anything.

You guys are voting off of the singular wincon Deku has, which is using blackwhip.

Also arguing that Deku has more stamina is just... completely wrong. A much weaker and younger guts fought for an entire night WITHOUT the berserker armor.

Deku only has one advantage, which is LS. Our votes that Guts out skills and wrecks Deku in close quarters still stand.

Guts can't even put a single dent on Deku's Mid-Gauntlets, which have Mountain level+ in durability.

Back