• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Currently Stain is listed as at least supersonic I feel he should be supersonic+ due to being able to stomp Shigaraki without bloodcurdle.
816C6498-5AA6-463C-84C8-5F5BEFCD7C9E
Stain could also get hypersonic reaction speed due to being able to react to Iida's Recipro Burst.
A83E2585-124F-4453-A4C8-E363D92E0CB1
Todoroki should get hypersonic reaction speed as well or perhaps supersonic+ due to him reacting to Iida's Recipro Burst twice
03A8379C-0312-4FC0-BDAF-CFDD00809F68
158A9FAF-9378-4B21-9B5C-716D8BFE6ADB
and being capable of reacting to Stain in combat.
507D2DF7-9ED4-4783-9D6B-4808EA35B58F
Bakugo is also shown to be unable to stop Todoroki from freezing his arm in close combat.
2767C64B-03D4-4D06-B9DE-8B424F8398E4
3015BA21-0E88-4E01-8A99-6034F6B82FA5
Aizawa also scales to this due to being able to restrain Todoroki

A casual Gran Torino is shown to be fte when he blitzes Deku it's worth noting Gran Torino remarked Deku made him dodge seriously so 5% Deku should be fte as well this could be applied to calcs like 20% Deku's speed since we know Overhaul is faster than 5%, Iida's Recipro Burst Speed since we know Stain is at least comparable to 5%
2BA80BE9-2478-4670-99EF-8904A62DD589
BC4BFAC8-1105-492C-91D0-30662AD3D7F1

Here's some context to Iida's Recipro burst calc, he moves a certain distance before Stain finishes a sword swing, and by comparing the distance both things would have to travel in the same amount of time, we get a value

The feat relies on Recipro Burst being faster than Stain, so I don't think it is logical for him to scale. And before you bring in different kinds of speeds, reaction is single movements done in a short instant, and a single sword swing would most likely be comparable to that, so even just scaling it to reaction speeds seems problematic

Combat speed is being able to make a series of movements, while reaction speed is making one, a single action can't really be combat speed or make much sense to separate from reaction speed

Insert creative name here 12 said:
Ah ok then could Stain get bumped to supersonic+ for stomping Shiggy
Tomura's feat for being Supersonic+ happens a while after his fight with Stain, so he may not have been Supersonic+ at the time.

Plus Stain has other advantages that would let him "stomp" Shiggy; being stronger, having bladed weapons, etc.

Shigaraki isn't stated to have trained at all his only notable speed buff was during MVA he isn't stated or implied to be actively training

Stain stomped him with knives of all things along with being able to paralyze Kurogiri and sustaining no damage

5% should scale to Recipro.

Izuku was able to match Iida's Recipro when they both attacked Stain. Iida and Izuku jumped at the same time and reached him at the same time. Before you say it, only his punch was above 5% as only his arm got dislocated.

5% does this again along with Todoroki. When they rescued Bakugou, Iida and Izuku push off the wall, with Iida using Recipro. 5% equals Recipro in this scene and Todoroki is able to make an ice path, after they had launched themselves.

5% Izuku also forced Gran Torino to dodge seriously and Iida didn't surpass Gran Torino's speed until he got Recipro Turbo, 200 chapters later. 5% and Gran Torino should fully scale, while Todoroki, Stain, and other scale through reaction/combat speed.

Shigaraki isn't stated to have trained at all his only notable speed buff was during MVA he isn't stated or implied to be actively training
While not stated, I believe he has trained before, almost killing Froppy before she could react (while Deku reacted a little), being able to tank attacks like mr. Aizawa's hits, Bakugo's explosion, and not caring about getting shot by Snipe.

Why is Gran Torino slower than Iida on his profile? The guy was keeping up with AM vs AFO even as an old man, and Deku said Iida only surpassed his raw speed when he got Recipro Turbo a long time after.

Other issues I noted was Stain is supersonic while Shigaraki is supersonic+ and peak human reaction time is used in calcs when characters can be scaled to subsonic reaction due to Deku scaling to casual Gran Torino

Other issues I noted was Stain is supersonic while Shigaraki is supersonic+ and peak human reaction time is used in calcs when characters can be scaled to subsonic reaction due to Deku scaling to casual Gran Torino
Casual? Is it because Nighteye said this?

576040CF-C139-4BB1-9D89-71D048026265

@Elixir I'd take Nighteye's statement with a grain of salt since Deku was jumping around and avoiding specific areas which would lower his speed however he should be slower than GT still

I reworked the Stain calc and changed Stain's speed to subsonic and I got 3 values for Iida's Speed

Low end: Mach 24 (Hypersonic+)

Mid End: Mach 74 (High Hypersonic+)

High End: Mach 122 (Massively Hypersonic)

Yeah, don't just edit the profiles without getting staff approval.

Well, I don't think you can just subsitute Subsonic speeds for Stain's sword slice in order to boost the calc.

Back