• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Deku VS The Black Swordsman (11-10-0)

Also arguing that Deku has more stamina is just... completely wrong. A much weaker and younger guts fought for an entire night WITHOUT the berserker armor.
Deku has been fighting villains all across Japan for weeks.
You guys are voting off of the singular wincon Deku has, which is using blackwhip.
A wincon that Guts has nothing to counter with.

nothing indicates that he was doing that straight. He straight up gets food from All Might and takes lunch breaks doing the Spider-Man pizza breaks if I recall
He left All Might at some point and continued to fight alone.

In the description of his "Dark" costume, it says he has his Blackwhip activated 24/7, ready to fight at any given moment.

AFO escaped from prison about a month ago, which is the time when Deku left U.A. and went out on the streets hunting AFO.

He left All Might at some point and continued to fight alone.
“Some point“ could mean like, a Day or two before he stopped. From what I understand the majority of the time was with All Might

Even then, that doesn’t suddenly mean he doesn’t need to eat, rest, drink water. He’s human he needs that stuff. I don’t see how he can fight the ENTIRE time.

i mean he wasn't fighting without break for the most part
Even when he wasn't fighting, he was still moving from place to place, and it was said that he had Blackwhip activated all the time, something that requires active conscious effort.

We never saw him actually take a break.

Yeah meanwhile Guts took on an undead army while getting stabbed and beaten and fought through the night until the sun stopped them

Which is useless considering he can't anything about Blackwhip, his own Berseker Armor will eventually end up killing him.

"The Berserker Armor also removes his subconscious limiters, causing his body to harm and eventually destroy itself."

We never saw him actually take a break.
bruh so if you never saw me eat, or sleep, and only ever saw me when I was running around- I would never need a break tho?

why would the author want to draw another scene of him taking another break when that’s already been done?

How is he going to sleep when he has a Quirk like Danger Sense warning him of all the dangers around him and the confirmation that he had one of his Quirks activated 24/7? You think he can sleep while keeping a Quirk activated??

We saw him eating an energy bar as he moved through a forest, I never said he wasn't eating anything, just that he wasn't resting at all.

When people say 24/7, they don't mean literally every moment of their lives they are doing X thing. I can say I'm making a video game 24/7, doesn't mean every moment I'm making a video game

Why... Can't he? Fish swim while sleeping, Tailman doesn't lose his tail when he naps. I don't see why Deku couldn't use Blackwhip subconsciously. Habits form in that amount of time, Deku could have simply formed a habit to keep Blackwhip on. I don't need to use my full concentration to walk- breathe- tossing around in bed for thermal regulation, etc. Quirks are a natural part of a user's body, and can be trained to happen habitually according to Endeavor, which Deku specifically trained with

The statement literally said he was ready to fight at any given time, and no you can't use emitter Quirks while sleeping, comparing it to a mutant Quirk like Tail is completely ridiculous, emitter type Quirks require conscious concentration to remain active. Blackwhip for instance requires Deku having his emotions under control.

And after being rescued, Deku said that he will allow himself to rest until he apologizes to All Might, which once again supports the fact that he was not resting at all up until he was brought back to school.

And all this discussion is pointless since Deku can immobilize Guts with Blackwhip and beat him until he loses all his blood, or simply keep him immobilized until the Berseker Armor kills Guts by itself.

I would use GV as an example, where's he's running away from enemies that lurk everywhere (being the corporation that literally rules the country, where everything is operated and branded by them) in the nation for half a year straight as an example of why this don't make sense but-

But if the discussion is pointless then I rather not even bother

Back