• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Murata declares his own statements not "Word of God"

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I'm actually glad to see OPM downgraded downgraded because people want him so hard"

Yes, because if someone saying "muh omnipotent character" and they get downgraded, it's funny to the people who say he's omnipotent, that's the joke.

If you want me to claify:

"It's funny because people are saying he's Omnipotent and will use anything to say he's Omnipotent and can one punch anyone, so when feats that are used based purely on the fact it was said by the Word of God is now seen as not Word of God, it's funny, because he's getting further from Omnipotent."

>I also don't see how one person calling Saitama omnipotent is anything but a poor reason to want to see a verse downgraded, but whatever, let's stop derailing.

No, it's not a reason to see the verse downgraded, it's funny in the face of the people who call him Omnipotent and say he can beat anyone.

You're making it out that I've said: "This one guy called him Omnipotent, so the whole verse should be downgraded." all I said was It makes me glad to see it downgraded because it's funny to those who think he's Omnipotent.

Jeez, try and make a anecdotal joke and suddenly the people with sticks up their arse are acting as if you want to see a Verse sent to 11-C.

Udlmaster said:
You're making it out that I've said: "This one guy called him Omnipotent, so the whole verse should be downgraded." all I said was It makes me glad to see it downgraded because it's funny to those who think he's Omnipotent.
No I didn't. You even quoted me and then... proceeded to misquote me?

I said: "...is anything but a poor reason to want to see a verse downgraded"

If you want to continue this, please do so on my wall as this is derailing the thread.

On topic: I agree with Saitama scaling vastly above the CSRC from Boros

Before we go ham on Tier 6 Saitama

Is the Manga even "more Canon" then the original webcomic, especially considering Murata, the guy who just said "no u" to a majority of our previous scaling, is the main guy doing it?

DMUA said:
Is the Manga even "more Canon" then the original webcomic, especially considering Murata, the guy who just said "no u" to a majority of our previous scaling, is the main guy doing it?
Yeah, the manga story is done by ONE, and Murata confirms pretty much everything with him regarding the manga. I believe Murata has said something to that effect in the past too to confirm this

You're smart enough to know a "joke" like that can poss people, off, a joke was meant to be funny I thought.

Agreed, Murata has multiple times given different answers to ONE in interviews, has told interviewers to go ask ONE for answers to various questions and really doesn't do much besides redrawing the Webcomic, though he is in touch with ONE, it's iffy at best to take his statements as WOG.

DMUA said:
Before we go ham on Tier 6 Saitama
the manga is the highest canon for OPM. you're misunderstanding how the manga is written. Murata isn't the "main guy doing it". that's not the case at all. ONE does the storyboards and writes 99% of the material, even in the manga. Murata simply just gets the storyboards and redraws it. Even when he comes up with his own things (which is quite rare), he always gets ONE's approval before it's officially published. So even for the manga, ONE comes up with 99% of the material, not murata. so yeah, the manga is indeed the highest canon. so if something is in the manga, it's fine to consider it canon.

HOWEVER, the statements from murata in the STREAMS, is the problem here. obviously he doesn't need approval from ONE for every little statement, so the statements from the streams is the iffy part, but the manga is 100% canon.

@Gargoyle actually he wouldn't be 500 petatons. We did a discussion thread on life wiping when Kepe did the Bayonetta calc for life wiping. And we agreed that roughly somewhat above 300 petatons would be the life wiping calc that they'd scale to

Boros, Garou and Saitama should still be Relavistic, from just how much faster they are in comparison to Flashy Flash, who is faster than both Gale Wind and Hellfire Flame

Huesito88 said:
"Anyway, AP wise Saitama should scale to being massively superior to Boros's Roaring Cannon, which is 500 Pettatons"

If Saitama is superior to 500 Pettatons then we can do some battles again.
As I linked in my suggestion point, the Serious Punch has been calced to be a few exatons in power. So he wouldn't need to scale from Boros AP wise.

Qawsedf234 said:
As I linked in my suggestion point, the Serious Punch has been calced to be a few exatons in power. So he wouldn't need to scale from Boros AP wise.
Which end was accepted for that calc?

How come some of the characters were downgraded? I just checked PPP and Genos, and they are waaaay weaker than their previous 7-B MHS+ ratings. Was there something wrong with Genos' 7-B calc?

@SheevShezarrine Genos' mountain feat was considered an outlier and people no longer scale to Atomic Samurai unless they have explicitly reacted to him or have reliably tagged him. The bullets were also proven to only require hypersonic reaction speed in order to perceive in case that also comes up.

At least Saitama would be decently into his tier now...why am I saying "at least", that's way better for the guy.

Btw, what's the value of Flashy's speed in SoL?

Andytrenom said:
At least Saitama would be decently into his tier now...why am I saying "at least", that's way better for the guy.
Btw, what's the value of Flashy's speed in SoL?
Gale Wind + Hellfire Flame are around 6% SoL, Flashy Flash is superior to both of them

Garou should probably be sub-rel+ still. We don't usually upscale speed like that.

Qawsedf234 said:
@SheevShezarrine Genos' mountain feat was considered an outlier and people no longer scale to Atomic Samurai unless they have explicitly reacted to him or have reliably tagged him. The bullets were also proven to only require hypersonic reaction speed in order to perceive in case that also comes up.
The Atomic Samurai thing makes sense, but there are a few problems with the Genos downgrade and general S Class/Dragon level downgrade 1.) It was one of his first feats in the series, so it's more an establishing feat than an outlier 2.) While Demon levels are still in the clear as far as being reconcilable eith the series Threat Level, having Dragon levels, which are described as a threat to multiple cities, be only Large Town Level as opposed to Mountain Level like they were previously makes comparatively little sense

I do think a Saitama anime key should be made.

But also why is Flashy Sub-Rel?

> It was one of his first feats in the series, so it's more an establishing feat than an outlier

It was agreed that it was an outlier because nothing else Genos does or anyone that scales to him ever comes close to this level of power. Even other Dragon level threats like Vaccine Man and Beefcake have worse feats and calcs.

Qawsedf234 said:
Not to mention that the idea of a city getting nuked in an instant made the hero association guy go all completely Nani, even building busts are potrayed as "wah look at mah powaaaa!1!1!1!1!1!"

Not to mention that the idea of a city getting nuked in an instant made the hero association guy go all completely Nani, even building busts are potrayed as "wah look at mah powaaaa!1!1!1!1!1!"

I'd have to point out that these building feats are also done by some mooks that aren't exactly needing S class levels

> B or lower rank Hammerhead mook knocking down a literal skyscraper

> Three Eyed ghost was literally bigger than a building

Everything else you said is about right.

Hammerhead was a B-Class criminal before he got the suits . Meaning that his feats in the armor do not properly reflect his bounty. Three-Eyed Ghost being bigger than a building is only a 9-A thing iirc, with his kinetic energy

That makes it even worse. That means the B class rank is evne higher. It doesn't reflect the bounty alright, it increases it. It just shows how much better he is.

I find it hard to compare destroying a building so casually or tossing a building so casually to be much of an issue. But busy rn, and rather not get off topic. IS everything summarized here?

> It just shows how much better he is.

They never even increased the Bounty. They only sent a C-Class guy after them and didn't send anyone else. Hammerhead normally is a B-Class bounty, but higher by an unknown degree in his armor

> I find it hard to compare destroying a building so casually or tossing a building so casually to be much of an issue.

Three Eyed Ghost never tossed a building, just rammed into one. Also I don't remebmer a Tiger level threat thorwing a building.

> IS everything summarized here?

Here and here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back