• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor revision towards resisting destruction energy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, because current acknowledgment on the profile has been loopholed before for not having anything resistance towards any soul related attack.
I mean, it kind of doesn't? Like, yeah it resists having the sould erased from existance i guess...? Again isn't this already on the profile? Like, that wouldn't allow them to resist, for example, soul absortion, or an attack destroying the soul with ap for example, ngl, that sounds kind of redundant....? Unless i am misunderstanding something

It'll already have it when justification will mention hakai anyway, so not a point of debate.
I guess.....?

I mean, it kind of doesn't? Like, yeah it resists having the sould erased from existance i guess...? Again isn't this already on the profile? Like, that wouldn't allow them to resist, for example, soul absortion, or an attack destroying the soul with ap for example, ngl, that sounds kind of redundant....? Unless i am misunderstanding something
Unless you disagree with it, it being reductant in one's eyes and not the others is just a matter of perspective, so debating on it is just reductant on its own. Single hax can provide dozens of abilities and we can and infact do list them separately and the profiles I've made also list them separately. That sometimes provides more insight to how much a character varies in its P&A.

I guess.....?
Gtfo 🦣

Unless you disagree with it, it being reductant in one's eyes and not the others is just a matter of perspective, so debating on it is just reductant on its own. Single hax can provide dozens of abilities and we can and infact do list them separately and the profiles I've made also list them separately. That sometimes provides more insight to how much a character varies in its P&A.
okay then, i disagree then yes i used double thens

🙂

I'm only referring to attacks that lead towards destruction of the soul but not over extrapolary forms like absorption, removal, or sealing that are more on the overly broader branch for soul manip.

I'm only referring to attacks that lead towards destruction of the soul but not over extrapolary forms like absorption, removal, or sealing that are more on the overly broader branch for soul manip.
well, that would depend on how the destruction is done, if i consume a soul then it is technically "destroyed" i feel like the type of destruction needs to specified in that case

well, that would depend on how the destruction is done, if i consume a soul then it is technically "destroyed" i feel like the type of destruction needs to specified in that case
Yeah, I can agree that the destruction needs to be specific cause soul manip like that technically destroys the soul even though it can equally be interpreted as soul absorption in specific cases. But I'm manly talking about the not really advanced forms of soul based attacks that destroy it.

Yeah, I can agree that the destruction needs to be specific cause soul manip like that technically destroys the soul even though it can equally be interpreted as soul absorption in specific cases. But I'm manly talking about the not really advanced forms of soul based attacks that destroy it.
as long as it is specified, i guess i agree with this

Personally disagree with adding a general Resistance to Soul Manipulation (at least I'm assuming that's part of the OP's intention) and I generally think that a "Resistance to Soul Erasure" is a bit redundant considering the EE explanation already covers soul erasure

Personally disagree with adding a general Resistance to Soul Manipulation (at least I'm assuming that's part of the OP's intention) and I generally think that a "Resistance to Soul Erasure" is a bit redundant considering the EE explanation already covers soul erasure
EE is not automatically assumed to erase the soul

In Dragon Ball, it erases the soul, so this warrants resistance to soul destruction

The case is kinda same as how Alien X EE comes under his reality wrapping powers but yet we list it separately, as it's not something comes by default within reality wrapping.
Nothing of that says is done through Reality Warping. You need explicit shit like Heaven Dio using his Reality Overwrite to use all his abilities.

EE isn’t automatically assumed to destroy the soul all this would put is resistance to soul destruction that is all
yeah, that is why the EE description specifies that hakai does work on souls, like, adding a further hax for something that it is already covered is silly

EE is not automatically assumed to erase the soul

In Dragon Ball, it erases the soul, so this warrants resistance to soul destruction
My guy, the description already covers soul erasure/destruction. It doesn't take much to see the connection between this EE and soul erasure.

What reason would there be to list the resistance when it's already covdred by another resistance?

yeah, that is why the EE description specifies that hakai does work on souls, like, adding a further hax for something that it is already covered is silly
EE can destroy souls it’s not automatically covered but the description does tell us it can destroy souls but this is not a default thing you can also erase someone from their narrative information, etc. we’re simply just listing soul destruction

EE can destroy souls it’s not automatically covered but the description does tell us it can destroy souls but this is not a default thing you can also erase someone from their narrative information, etc. we’re simply just listing soul destruction
there is no reason to list it as another hax if it is just pure "ee on soul level" it is already covered

there is no reason to list it as another hax if it is just pure "ee on soul level" it is already covered
it isn’t covered by default it’d probably be listed Void Manipulation, Existence Erasure & Soul Destruction (Hakai can erase people from existence destroying their soul and can warp the T.o.P which is a void of nothingness)

Your argument is like saying if you erase a concept from existence and affect the concept everywhere it should be listed as EE because EE already covers concept manipulation

Resistance to Void Manipulation & Existence Erasure (Withstood the Destruction Energy Ball of a God of Destruction, which could erase beings, objects, energy blasts and even souls from existence, and warped the World of Void)
I recently help answer a question on topic to why isn't resistance to destruction energy also have resistance towards Soul manipulation or at least soul destruction since erasure is just a higher form of destruction.

Agreed: @godofice @Nullflowerblush @LuffyRuffy46307 @TiltedFN @Milly_Rocking_Bandit
@Tarang123 @Da3ggman @CryoTheMayo @Shubham_Sonsurkar @Reiner @omegabronic
Disagreed:
Neutral:
Put those two quotes in the OP

You'd think adding something simple like soul destruction would be redundant to add on, but I'm not gonna sugarcoat it you still have goku and frezia losing by getting their souls destroyed by sans undertale. You'd think that bracket flavor text "hakai works on the soul" would stop it but still got heavily by technically exploited anyway.

it isn’t covered by default it’d probably be listed Void Manipulation, Existence Erasure & Soul Destruction (Hakai can erase people from existence destroying their soul and can warp the T.o.P which is a void of nothingness)
you said it yourself "by default" aka if the description covers it, then it is covered, also it wouldn't be destruction, it would be erasure, key difference in wording

Your argument is like saying if you erase a concept from existence and affect the concept everywhere it should be listed as EE because EE already covers concept manipulation
yes because that is how EE works

You'd think adding something simple like soul destruction would be redundant to add on, but I'm not gonna sugarcoat it you still have goku and frezia losing by getting their souls destroyed by sans undertale.
yes because undertale's hax function completely different than the hakai, undertale's crew do not erase the soul, they attack it with AP, like, if if this gets added that wouldn't change at all, this thread does not change anything regarding what the chars can or not resist, this is why i think that it is really redundant

You'd think that bracket flavor text "hakai works on the soul" would stop it but still got heavily by technically exploited anyway.
no it wouldn't, EE on soul level is completely different from other types of soul manip that could also destroy the soul

you said it yourself "by default" aka if the description covers it, then it is covered, also it wouldn't be destruction, it would be erasure, key difference in wording

yes because that is how EE works

yes because undertale's hax function completely different than the hakai, undertale's crew do not erase the soul, they attack it with AP, like, if if this gets added that wouldn't change at all, this thread does not change anything regarding what the chars can or not resist, this is why i think that it is really redundant

no it wouldn't, EE on soul level is completely different from other types of soul manip that could also destroy the soul
And then I gave you instances where other stuff is added if they do more than destroying the body

Bro what? If you erase a concept and that concept is altered due to being erased that’s CM this is painful to see

Erasure is a higher level of destruction, I've mentioned this before in the earliest part of the posts.
yes because undertale's hax function completely different than the hakai, undertale's crew do not erase the soul, they attack it with AP
Bruh, if it's AP and not dura negation then haki energy outscales anything that's not worth low 2-C soul hax.
So is getting blasted with a soul destroying laser that much fundamentally different than getting your soul erased out of existence that the latter still kills you but other doesn't.

Last edited:
And then I gave you instances where other stuff is added if they do more than destroying the body
two wrongs don't make a right, if it is just EE, then it should be listed as such

Bro what? If you erase a concept and that concept is altered due to being erased that’s CM this is painful to see
if you erase a concept, that is concept level EE, you are not manipulating anything
Erasure is a higher level of destruction, I've mentioned this before in the earliest part of the posts.
not the same thing, by that logic resisting EE should give you resistance to getting destroyed via AP advantage

Bruh, if it's AP and not dura negation then haki energy outscales anything that's not worth low 2-C soul hax.
first off there is no such thing as "low 2-C hax" hax have no AP, that is the whole point of hax in the first place, second off hakai is EE hax, aka erasing from existance, it is not similar at all to what undertale does

So is getting blasted with a soul destroying laser that much fundamentally different than getting your soul erased out of existence that the latter still kills you but other doesn't.
depends on how the lazers destroys the soul, if it hits it directly and then destroys it via ways similar to ap, then yes it is different, if it is an EE lazer, then they would both be the same

two wrongs don't make a right, if it is just EE, then it should be listed as such

if you erase a concept, that is concept level EE, you are not manipulating anything

not the same thing, by that logic resisting EE should give you resistance to getting destroyed via AP advantage

first off there is no such thing as "low 2-C hax" hax have no AP, that is the whole point of hax in the first place, second off hakai is EE hax, aka erasing from existance, it is not similar at all to what undertale does

depends on how the lazers destroys the soul, if it hits it directly and then destroys it via ways similar to ap, then yes it is different, if it is an EE lazer, then they would both be the same
It’s Soul Destruction as well

If you alter a concept by erasing it it’s EE and CM

Soul Erasure isn’t needed for EE by default so listing it with EE & Soul Destruction is fine and the dbs manga and Archie sonic both do this as well idk why you’re so against it

That's literally just making a assumption that EE resistance works like invulnerability which it doesn't.
Low 2-C hax refers to 4D hax which unless your saying haxes don't have any form higher scailing from dimensionality your logic is clearly in the minority of what common knowledge of how actually hax works.

Yeah just checked Archie Sonic and DBS manga already go ahead and list it so this should be fine and consistent
two wrongs don't make a right

That's literally just making a assumption that EE resistance works like invulnerability which it doesn't.
no it isn't? i don't understand why you used invulnerability as an example at all, like how does that even address my point at all?

Low 2-C hax refers to 4D hax
then just say 4D hax, that kind of wording can lead to misunderstandings

which unless your saying haxes don't have any form higher scailing from dimensionality your logic is clearly in the minority of what common knowledge of how actually hax works.
i am not, you said with ap terms, not with dimensionality terms

It’s Soul Destruction as well

If you alter a concept by erasing it it’s EE and CM
"if you alter a concept" yeah you got that right, we are not talking about altering the soul, we are talking about erasing it

Soul Erasure isn’t needed for EE by default so listing it with EE & Soul Destruction is fine
by default, that is why the level of the erasure needs to be listed on the EE description

and the dbs manga and Archie sonic both do this as well idk why you’re so against it
two wrongs don't make a right

I'm actually on the fence regarding this. Sure EE is beyond normal levels of destruction but that's because it's erasing it from esistance. However, EE isn't usually done by force like raw destruction so in some cases it's different.

Now on one hand I get it, it sounds really odd if you could survive against your soul being erased but fall to it being destroyed by a lesser approch but on the other hand, we in no way give someone resistance to matter/biological manipulation simple because they resisted getting erased because they aren't always comparable.

However, in terms a Dragon Ball, they can physically muscle against it in some instances so the argument could be had that they can withstand the power that erases the soul, they could withstand something that destroys it. In the end, I don't think it's inaccurate considering we treat it as the top level of destruction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back