• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Meliodas Vs Silvers Rayleigh

Flavor Text: Silvers enters the boar hat and buy a drink.

"Hey old guy" Melodis says "what's with the sword."

"It's a keep sake from my time as a pirate" Silvers says

"I see, so were you any good at it"

"Good, me an my crewmembers where the best there ever was"

"Really, hummm, I know, let's have a wager, If you win you get your can have all you can drink"

"And if you win"

"You have to pay double"

"Well alright, what's the game."

"A one on one sparing match."

"You sure kid, you might get hurt"

"Trust me, I'm stonger than I look"

Actual stats:

Post-Purgatory Meliodas

Speed equalized

Fight takes place in britinia

Fight is not to death

Score:

Rayleigh: 4 (I'm Blue daba dee daba die and Ionliosite)

Meliodas: 1 (BurlapJack)

Inclonclusive: 0

Okay, since I think Mel's power setting is a mess (just an opinion) I'm going to ask: What does he do in-character at this point?

Hand to hand and FC if the enemy uses magic. I think he uses his darkness too

Well, H2H is countered by Precognition and FC is useless since Rayleigh doesn't have magic at all.

Question, does Goken blow someone to smitherins or no? Need to know how it will interact with Mel's regen.

We currently know that Goken blow from the insides and its effects are similar to fragmentation from what we've seen.

Mel's regen should cover the Goken's damage without a problem, tbf. Rayleigh would need to outlast his stamina or cut him into more pieces that he can regenerate from.

Meliodas seems to have the range advantage being at tens of kilometers compared to Rayleigh's Hundred of meters.

Where is Meliodas's AP at?

PlumCrayfish376 said:
Meliodas seems to have the range advantage being at tens of kilometers compared to Rayleigh's Hundred of meters.
Where is Meliodas's AP at?
I think Low 6-B, I could be wrong but he should be around Country level.

Here are the scaling chains for Post-Purgatory Meliodas.

Scaling Chain #1

True Magic Meliodas (Comparable to)~ 50% Demon King (Far stronger than)> Post-Purgatory Demon Mark Meliodas (At least over 2x stronger than)> Post-Purgatory Base Meliodas (Soundly defeats)> Demon King Zeldris (Far stronger than)> Afternoon Mael (Casually one shots as he gets weaker overtime)> Original Demon w/ Crisis (Already solidly stronger but is still getting much stronger every second)> True Body Ludoshel = Baseline Low 6-B (1 Teraton)

Scaling Chain #2

True Magic Meliodas (Comparable to)~ 50% Demon King (Far stronger than)> Post-Purgatory Demon Mark Meliodas (At least over 2x stronger than)> Post-Purgatory Base Meliodas (Soundly defeats)> Demon King Zeldris (Far stronger than)> 4C Mael (Stronger than)> Prime Elizabeth (Roughly comparable to)~ Indura Monspeet + Indura Deriere > Indura Monspeet (Slightly stronger than or comparable to)>~ Indura Deriere (Completely no sells and overpowers)> True Body Ludoshel = Baseline Low 6-B (1 Teraton)

The only thing that can really work on Mel is Gouken and Silver's precognition. Other than that? Meliodas is more versatile and has a wider arrange of abilities he can use in combat.

Pre-Cog would be a problem, but idk how potent Gouken is or if it can overcome Mel's Regenerationn. So, I'll say Mel should win this.

Mel's regen is limited. He doesn't recover his stamina so the more damage he gets the less time he'll fight.

Mel can't regenerates internal to external destruction, he only proved capable of regenerating lost limbs. Also, look at his profile weakness.

Did he not survive his time in Purgatory? If that's the case, then Idk if Gouken can affect Mel's Regenerationn. He's also got immortality types 1,3, and 4 I'm not really sure how Rayleigh can beat him.

Type 1 is longeve immortality. Type 3 is for his Regenerationn which has been adressed. Type 4 isn't combat applicable since he resurrects after a month.

Alright fair enough, but you agreed above that Mel's regen should be able to cover Gouken and that Rayleigh's only strategy is to outlast him or cut him up into many pieces. Isn't that right? Other than that I'm not sure what other strategy he'll have besides that.

Mel still has statistics amplification, he can make clones, his hellfire, and soul manipulation. I still think Mel has vastly more ways to win.

His clones ain't as strong as him, Rayleigh has stat amps as well, Mel's soul suck isn't in-character.

His regen can cover what Goken does as far as it can, considering his Regenerationn is tied to his stamina, and while Rayleigh is past his prime, he belongs to a verse with insane levels of stamina so he shouldn't be any slouch here.

I'm not sure I buy Mel regenerating from Goken

If it causes an explosion from inside like you say, it should fragment

True, but they can work as a strategy or as a diversion for other attacks Mel has like the hellfire. Rayleigh has stat amps as well? Doesn't say that on his profile. Right, Mel never used his soul suck in-character.

Right, both of them have an insane amount of stamina. Mel is ranked as "extremely high" in his profile and I believe he's fought the Demon King back and forth for a long period of time when he was in Purgatory with Ban and that big pig.

Armament Haki works as a forcefield creation, durability negation and statistics amplification.

He fought his daddy for 60 years, but I don't remember it was mentioned that they fought him for an extended period of time. Rayleigh should be able to replicate Ace's feat of fighting someone comparable to him for five days. He shouldn't scale to the Admirals' feat of fighting for 10 days.

Okay, so this battle is looking more interesting than I thought. However, Armament Haki can drain Silver's stamina faster compared to what can happen to Mel. Mel's stamina only decreases if his regen is directly affected.

Hmmm, I don't remember either. I'd have to go back and see how long those encounters lasted when they were fighting the DK in purgatory. Either way, I think with Haki being used in this fight? Rayleigh could possibly tire out faster. They are both small country level, but Mel's AP could increase with the Demon Mark so he might still damage Rayleigh.

Haki drains the user if it's used too much on a short timeframe (Luffy's Gear Fourth), meanwhile the basic applications ain't like that.

Okay, but considering the fact that Rayleigh is past his prime and whatnot. Idk if he'll last as long as he should in this battle when Arament haki can drain your stamina fast if it's used too much.

So, Mel being at his peak power and his stamina only being really affected if something affects his regen vs Rayleigh who's well past his prime? I think Meliodas should still take the edge here.

It's not like Rayleigh is old and defenseless to the point where he's decrepit. He has a lot of fight inside him still, so I refer to the post above where I said that he should still be comparable to people at Ace's level.

Never said that. I'm just saying that because he's old, he won't be as strong or won't be able to last as long as when he was in his prime. I'm sure current Rayleigh is still exteremly formidable, but Mel should take the edge here because he's already at the peak of his power while Rayleigh is past his prime.

Well, Mel was able to fight the the literal top tier of his verse single handiely. That's far better than anything Rayleigh has accomplished unless I'm missing something?

Rayleigh held Kizaru on his tracks even at his current state while Kizaru is still at his prime and is one of the Top Tiers.

It's also not comparable just because one is the single top tier and the other one of them. All Might is the God Tier from MHA but he's Mid Tier in One Piece, for example.

Did Rayleigh fight him in head to head combat? or did he just intercept one of his attacks?

No, the Demon King is one of the Gods of the verse along with the Supreme Deity. Mel fought the Demon King multiple times throughout the manga. The fact that he can fight a God Tier of his verse is merely an example of how strong he is at his peak.

Also the Demon King would be one of the Top Tiers in One Piece, if we're going to do comparisons.

Schnee One said:
I'm not sure I buy Mel regenerating from Goken

If it causes an explosion from inside like you say, it should fragment
Can I have a scan of Goken? If I may ask?

^ Actually that is not Goken. Hyo even stated that display of Haki he did is nothing compared to Goken

Goken has not been shown on a human being yet but an example has been give of what Goken is capable of

But the utilization is basically the same, the only difference is that Goken affects the inside of the target.

Back