• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

From Moonrise to Moonset Match 5: Link vs Meliodas

MATCH CONDITIONS:
  • The match takes place in Windsor Castle, in the inner courtyard of the upper ward
  • Starting distance is 10 meters
  • Characters will be given only partial knowledge of all their opponent's abilities, particularly any dangerous abilities or immortalities
  • Characters will be given their standard equipment
  • Characters are allowed to change their strategy with their limited knowledge of their opponent's abilities and match conditions
  • The fight will be given a timer of 12 hours to conclude.
  • Speeds are equalized
  • Victory is achieved under what is defined by SBA, with the addendum that characters lose when they remain immobilized, incapacitated, removed from the battlefield, or killed when the timer ends
    • Any characters that are projected to fight past 12 hours will be subject to "Sudden Death" where any immobilization, incapacitation, removal from the battlefield or death will only need to last 10 seconds before a victor is declared
    • Physical pinning is allowed, but the character must be pinned in such a way that they cannot harm the person pinning them
    • To clarify, a tournament victory only requires that the opponent remain immobilized, incapacitated, removed from the battlefield, or killed when the timer ends or for ten seconds during Sudden Death. Meaning that a character could lose a match under conventional VSThread rules but win the tournament match
  • The match will be allowed to continue as normal after the tournament-mandated timer ends for purposes of adding to the profile
  • Any further accommodations for unique abilities will be decided as the tournament gathers more participants
  • In tandem with the above, rules will be adjusted accordingly as well
Link, first key (501 gigatons) vs Meliodas, Post-Purgatory Key (200 gigatons)

Last edited:
MATCH CONDITIONS:
  • The match takes place in Windsor Castle, in the inner courtyard of the upper ward
  • Starting distance is 10 meters
  • Characters will be given only partial knowledge of all their opponent's abilities, particularly any dangerous abilities or immortalities
  • Characters will be given their standard equipment
  • Characters are allowed to change their strategy with their limited knowledge of their opponent's abilities and match conditions
  • The fight will be given a timer of 12 hours to conclude.
  • Speeds are equalized
  • Victory is achieved under what is defined by SBA, with the addendum that characters lose when they remain immobilized, incapacitated, removed from the battlefield, or killed when the timer ends
    • Any characters that are projected to fight past 12 hours will be subject to "Sudden Death" where any immobilization, incapacitation, removal from the battlefield or death will only need to last 10 seconds before a victor is declared
    • Physical pinning is allowed, but the character must be pinned in such a way that they cannot harm the person pinning them
    • To clarify, a tournament victory only requires that the opponent remain immobilized, incapacitated, removed from the battlefield, or killed when the timer ends or for ten seconds during Sudden Death. Meaning that a character could lose a match under conventional VSThread rules but win the tournament match
  • The match will be allowed to continue as normal after the tournament-mandated timer ends for purposes of adding to the profile
  • Any further accommodations for unique abilities will be decided as the tournament gathers more participants
  • In tandem with the above, rules will be adjusted accordingly as well
Link, first key (501 gigatons) vs Meliodas, Post-Purgatory Key (200 gigatons)
Meliodas post purgatory is getting upgraded to Large Country lvl and up to continental + With enchantment

Well there's a time limit for this, and I'm not waiting for the CRT to conclude to let this match go through. Depending on how soon the changes will be implemented, we can use Meliodas' current key for sake of argument and use his future key in the next match (Assuming he advances), or use the proposed key now in advance if it looks like it will be implemented before time is up

Well there's a time limit for this, and I'm not waiting for the CRT to conclude to let this match go through. Depending on how soon the changes will be implemented, we can use Meliodas' current key for sake of argument and use his future key in the next match (Assuming he advances), or use the proposed key now in advance if it looks like it will be implemented before time is up
Or you can change Meliodas

I feel like using his current key would be better for now

Ok so I don't know much about Meliodas, but I'll try my best from what I can see on his profile. I'll go over Powers and Abilities later, for now I’ll just cover the main stats. Link has a good 2x AP and Durability advantage while Meliodas has a much better LS. I'm pretty sure equal in terms of Intelligence and Stamina. I'm not 100 on who takes skill but I’m Fairly sure that they should at least be comparable.

So, due to Characters being given partial knowledge of all their dangerous abilities or immoralities Link will probably be informed of Meliodas's Immortality Types 1 and 3

So here's some things that Link has that can help him here:
  • The Triforce of Courage grants protection against evil magic
  • Can heal most if not all his health with his potions
  • Stun Meliodas with deku nuts due to him losing his Paralysis Resistance outside of his Prime key
  • Can use Light Arrows which can take advantage of Meliodas slight holy weakness and dispel magic.
  • The Bunny Hood which increases Link's speed
  • He can induce magical sleep with Goron Lullaby

Ok so I don't know much about Meliodas, but I'll try my best from what I can see on his profile. I'll go over Powers and Abilities later, for now I’ll just cover the main stats. Link has a good 2x AP and Durability advantage while Meliodas has a much better LS. I'm pretty sure equal in terms of Intelligence and Stamina. I'm not 100 on who takes skill but I’m Fairly sure that they should at least be comparable.
Stamina

Meliodas is able to fight for years against Ban in Purgatory idk about Link tho

Skills

In terms of skills Meliodas is currently among the most skilled characters of the show he is able to deal With Excalibur wielders in terms of swords skills

Excalibur is a sacred sword that contains countless hero souls and gives their users the entire arsenal of skills the heros have.

He currently is skilled enough to 1v1 Chaos Arthur (He isn’t stated to be stronger or weaker than before so his 4kota key doesn’t change His skills etc…)

To Counter AP difference

Meliodas can also use his true magic amp that makes him far stronger (But it’s Not quantifiable)

Negative energy reinforce him passively to the point were mere portions of it reinforced skelletons up to sins levels instantly (And he was IN DM2 which is far From his full power)

Enchantments, Meliodas can enchant his blade and multiply His AP by 10 making it 2 teratons

Possible Win cons (I’ll add more later if needed)

Meliodas can null magic passively if Link uses some with his Negative energy and He can also passively produce miasma, a poison that instantly kills those who have 0 Resistance to poisons (like humans) and make people who can resist it for a bit feel sick.

Last edited:
So here's some things that Link has that can help him here:
  • The Triforce of Courage grants protection against evil magic
Is it magic cause Negative energy can null it’s effects passively.
Meliodas also mostly use darkness based attacks (Darkness is a non magical intangible matter) or Natural elements since he has destroyer type magic
  • Can heal most if not all his health with his potions
Hellblaze is a flame that Can’t be extinguished and can null regen or healing of any kind as shown when Ban couldn’t regen and His Healing factor was heavily altered (He is mid High) to the point where he has permanent scarring from a single hellblaze strike (and Meli even stopped the flame so He wouldn’t kill him)

Darkness too null regen Hellblaze is litteraly just Natural fire infused with Darkness effects
  • Stun Meliodas with deku nuts due to him losing his Paralysis Resistance outside of his Prime key
Meliodas resists King’s authority even IN base form (It’s an ability that uses the instinctive reactions of people to paralyse them)
  • Can use Light Arrows which can take advantage of Meliodas slight holy weakness and dispel magic.
High ranking demons resist the deconstruction of the Light pretty easily

• The Bunny Hood which increases Link's speed
Negative energy and True magic increase Mel’s speed too
  • He can induce magical sleep with Goron Lullaby
Mel resist magic and wouldn’t Link need to stop or alter his movements to play said lullaby???

Gonna pop back in later to give more detailed thoughts about the fight, but for now I do wanna say it's very in character for Link to travel back in time over and over again until he wins

wouldn’t Link need to stop or alter his movements to play said lullaby???
The world around Link stops moving when Link uses his instruments.
Is it magic cause Negative energy can null it’s effects passively.
I'm pretty sure the Triforce isn't considered magic but I could be wrong.
Meliodas can null magic passively if Link uses some with his Negative energy and He can also passively produce miasma, a poison that instantly kills those who have 0 Resistance to poisons (like humans) and make people who can resist it for a bit feel sick.
That's kind of OP ngl

The world around Link stops moving when Link uses his instruments.

I'm pretty sure the Triforce isn't considered magic but I could be wrong.

That's kind of OP ngl
Mel would’ve knowledge on this and Poison Would kill him (10m distance)

Darkness and darkness infused elements aren’t magic either so it’s not exactly « evil magic » anyway

Yeah that’s not bad

Also What does stop the World? A kind of Time Manip ? A special magic or something like This ?

Could use a scan or two to confirm what specifically occurs and how many times it does
And it'd be pretty weird if every other person who fought this ability in the series happened to have Poison resistance or immunity just saying

I think it’s wanked tbh cuz I’m sure it only happened once.
Happens when miasma leaks out of Makai and instantly kills lots of people

It is shown that even Elisabeth Would suffer heavy damage From it despite her power being among the top tiers of the verse in CBL

Happens when King can’t even stay in the same room as a perfect cube sealed uncounscious AM Mel even though Fairies have extreme Resistance to disease and shit

It’s physiology related

Could use a scan or two to confirm what specifically occurs and how many times it does
And it'd be pretty weird if every other person who fought this ability in the series happened to have Poison resistance or immunity just saying
Elisabeth needs protection from the miasma effects despite being a god tier of the verse.

Here is the representation of the miasma leaking from Makai in an alt chapter that depicts the passage where Fraudrin opened the gate to it and it killed basically everyone

Here is King feeling the effects from uncounscious AM Mel despite fairies having good resistance to diseases

Every person that have 0 Resistance to poisons died instantly people With High resistances feel extremely weak

Edit: Here is some more explanation

People with robust resistances shouldn't have a problem against Meliodas' magic. He got his shit kicked ez by Grimgor and Vulcan in another tourney lol

Elisabeth needs protection from the miasma effects despite being a god tier of the verse.

Here is the representation of the miasma leaking from Makai in an alt chapter that depicts the passage where Fraudrin opened the gate to it and it killed basically everyone

Here is King feeling the effects from uncounscious AM Mel despite fairies having good resistance to diseases

Every person that have 0 Resistance to poisons died instantly people With High resistances feel extremely weak

Edit: Here is some more explanation
So it’s from Assault mode Meliodas?

People with robust resistances shouldn't have a problem against Meliodas' magic. He got his shit kicked ez by Grimgor and Vulcan in another tourney lol
Who was arguing for him is the question no one outside of me participate in these and i do only because someone spams us

Meliodas is getting upgraded currently too

Current Meliodas argued by supporters Would possibly stomp a few people He lost to due to people not having much knowledge (Most of the people don’t even know much about NNT and the profiles miss some key informations hence why i’m on the verge of adding a few hundred abilities and infos to the characters)

Last edited:
Back