• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Vista(DONE)
Heat Resistance: Wasn't bothered by Akainu's heat aura. Same goes for Ace & Base Marco
Speed: "Matched Marco in speed and caught Akainu off guard"-Akainu: "Reacted to Marco's attack"
I think that bolded part should be removed from Vista's justification.(Nevermind, i changed my mind)

Shanks(DONE)
(I know he isn't part of the crew, but he still scales to WB & i didn't want to make another ctr just to add this)
AP: Higher with Hao Infusion: Equally clashed with WB. (It's unfair for everyone with Hao infusion to get a seperate higher AP rating & Shanks not)
Weakness: Link this as evidence to back up the claim.

Oden(DONE)
AP: "Stated to have the greatest sword style at that time, which would include his scabbards w/ Buso and Rayleigh"-If that's the logic to prove Oden>Prime Rayleigh than with this logic he's above Roger too. Roger is defenetly a swordsman: Infuses his sword with Buso/Hao, used it agaisnt Oden, Shiki & WB(2 of his greatest rivals). Oden says he has the greatest swordstyle(fighting style effectiveness or skill?), not that he's the strongest sword user(raw power) so he shouldn't upscale to neither Roger nor Rayleigh.

Jozu(DONE)
AP: He should get a higher rating via his DF. Everytime he attacks sb, he turns part of his body into Diamond. The vivre card points out that this influences his striking strength too: "Diamond Toughness+Extraordinary Agility=Unparalleled Power" & "His shoulder tackle in diamond form can crush everything"(Next time)
Durability: He's the ultimate shield of the WB pirates as the hardest member of crew.
Intelligence: Even as child he was outstandingly smart, agile & never got caught while stealing from others.

Ace(DONE)
Possibly Limited Durability Negation: His Fire Spears go thru BB's bodies burning him both inside & outside akin to Red Hawk or Diable Jambe. In the manga BB does bleed but after the spears were gone, there're no holes in his torso, just minor burns. If this option doesn't work for you then give BB minor Regeneration/Healing.
Supernatural Will: Resisted Shanks Haoshoku Haki too.
Possibly Minor Resistance to Cold Tempuratures: Unfazed by the tempurate of a Winter Island while still wearing shorts.
AP: Possessed one of the most destructive Devil Fruits. Burned the hand of a casual Old WB & made him guard with his DF in their last 2 duels.

WB(DONE)
AP
Prime Key: When talking to Oden, Kaido called not only Roger but also WB as mighty too.
Old Key: The Quake Fruit isn't only the Strongest Paramecia but is also stated to have absolute offensive power too.
Sick Key: Swiped away Dog-Bite Blaze with a naginata swing. Yes, he did use his bisento.
Durability
Sick Beard: The current justification for his Sick Key should be removed.
Speed
Prime Key->Old Key: The justification for his Prime makes no senses. Even Pre-Marineford WB was pretty good against sneak-attacks. Squardo said it was pratically a miracle that he managed to hit WB even once. Squardo met WB for the 1st time when he was already old, so he's making his judgement based of an Old Healthy WB not his Prime Self. Basically a feat proving Old WB was much faster than Sick WB.
Heat Resistance: No sold Ace's fire throughout most of their duels.

Marco(DONE)
Heat Resistance: Although he did get injuried forcing him to regenerate, his Undying Thistle still managed to stop Kizaru's Yasakani no Magatama going any further while the lasers could easily penetrate thru his human & phoenix forms with little to no resistance.
Fire Manipulation: His current justification mentions-"His phoenix flames have 'special properties' allowing them to repell regular flames".-The profile mentions the offensive use of this ability: "Hurting a living flame, Prometheus."-This ability was also used defensivly too: "He could block Promethues attack, King's Fire Bullets in with his wing and Kaido Bolo Breath with the Undying Thistle."
Immortality Type 2: In Phoenix & Hybrid modes he's completely nonchalant to fatal injuries while in human form he isn't. This ability should be specified for Zoan Forms only.
Body Control: Turned the wing King cut into a fireball & took control over it. Transformed his wing into a barrier. No, King's bullets didn't push him, Marco just jumped backwards & created this barrier.
Haki: He's missing Observation in his Techniques section.
Range: Several meters with shockwaves
AP
Base: His current base justification should be slightly edited as he never 1v1ed Akainu in human form, just Aokiji & Kizaru.
Zoan Forms: As WB's right hand man, he was one of his most powerful commanders with even Shanks wanting to recruit him. It should be specified that when the Gorosei were talking about the people who might stop BB, they list Marco alongside the WB pirates remants, not just Marco alone by himself.
Can bypass durability thru shockwaves: With Blue Bird & a knee combo made Flame-On King bleed.

Credits: Thanks to @Eminiteable, @KingTempest & @MonkeyOfLife especially for providing most of japanese scans!

Last edited:
AP: "Stated to have the greatest sword style at that time, which would include his scabbards w/ Buso and Rayleigh"-If that's the logic to prove Oden>Prime Rayleigh than with this logic he's above Roger too. Roger is defenetly a swordsman: Infuses his sword with Buso/Hao, used it agaisnt Oden, Shiki & WB(2 of his greatest rivals). Oden says he has the greatest swordstyle(fighting style effectiveness or skill?), not that he's the strongest sword user(raw power) so he shouldn't upscale to neither Roger nor Rayleigh.
Agreed, the VC statement doesn't even treat it as a fact either only that it may have credibility due to him being the only one to scar Kaidou at the time; keeping in mind Zoro's also done that and is definitely not stronger than Roger.

AP: "Stated to have the greatest sword style at that time, which would include his scabbards w/ Buso and Rayleigh"-If that's the logic to prove Oden>Prime Rayleigh than with this logic he's above Roger too. Roger is defenetly a swordsman: Infuses his sword with Buso/Hao, used it agaisnt Oden, Shiki & WB(2 of his greatest rivals). Oden says he has the greatest swordstyle(fighting style effectiveness or skill?), not that he's the strongest sword user(raw power) so he shouldn't upscale to neither Roger nor Rayleigh
If it says sword /STYLE/ it meant just means the blade technique itself and not overall strength, so yeah. He's likely a far better swordsman than Roger, but we all know how that confrontation went.
Possibly Limited Durability Negation: His Fire Spears go thru BB's bodies burning him both inside & outside akin to Red Hawk. In the manga BB does bleed but after the spears were gone, there're no holes in his torso, just minor burns. If this option doesn't work for you then give BB minor Regeneration/Healing.
Agree with either. Either Ace's spears do internal burns or Blackbeard regenerated stab wounds flat out.
Immortality Type 2: In Phoenix & Hybrid modes he's completely nonchalant to fatal injuries while in human form he isn't. This ability should be specified for Zoan Forms only.
... Not sure about this. I think regeneration covers that tbh. Nonchalantness might be pain tolerance if anything? Since the kizaru exchange and the "that hurt" comment implies he still feels the wounds. Even though Kizaru said he lied

... Not sure about this. I think regeneration covers that tbh. Nonchalantness might be pain tolerance if anything? Since the kizaru exchange and the "that hurt" comment implies he still feels the wounds. Even though Kizaru said he lied
He already has type 2.

Vista
Heat Resistance: Wasn't bothered by Akainu's heat aura. Same goes for Ace & Base Marco
Speed: "Matched Marco in speed and caught Akainu off guard"-Akainu: "Reacted to Marco's attack"
I think that bolded part should be removed from Vista's justification.
He did catch him off guard but I'm not sure it's a great speed justification considering it's likely due to his attention being on Luffy prior to being hit, so I agree.
Shanks(I know he isn't part of the crew, but he still scales to WB & i didn't want to make another ctr just to add this)
AP: Higher with Hao Infusion: Equally clashed with WB. (It's unfair for everyone with Hao infusion to get a seperate higher AP rating & Shanks not)
Weakness: Link this as evidence to back up the claim.
I agree, based off his current profile I'm guessing his justification's would look like this (Not really related to this CRT, but, his justification about Kaidou acknowledging Shanks could mention the fact that Kaidou didn't acknowledge Big Mom despite recently fighting her):
Attack Potency: Multi-Continent level (Casually neutralized a punch from Akainu. Was stated to be one of the few people who can stop Blackbeard. Base Kaido acknowledged Shanks as one of the few people capable of fighting him. When he offers to fight Blackbeard during Marineford War, who was unfazed by the idea of fighting Sengoku and Garp, Blackbeard declined and decided to leave, as it was too soon for him and his crew to take on Shanks), far higher with Haōshoku Infusion (Fought, matched, and was stated to be equal to Whitebeard. Was capable of scaring Greenbull, who fought Yamato and overpowered most of the Nine Scabbards, with just his Conqueror's Haki)

And I agree with the rest.

He did catch him off guard but I'm not sure it's a great speed justification considering it's likely due to his attention being on Luffy prior to being hit, so I agree.
Akainu also reacted to that double suprise attack well enough to cancel it with Armanent, another reason why i don't think it's a good speed feat for Vista.
I agree, based off his current profile I'm guessing his justification's would look like this (Not really related to this CRT, but, his justification about Kaidou acknowledging Shanks could mention the fact that Kaidou didn't acknowledge Big Mom despite recently fighting her):
Pretty much. (Agreed. Tho would this count as him being superior to just BM wielding Napoleon while using Hashoku(since that's the version Kaido fought on-screen); Rooftop BM with Hommies (Kaido wasn't particularly impressed with her) or BM with all the power ups she used against Kid & Law?)
And I agree with the rest.
Nice, thanks!

Akainu also reacted to that double suprise attack well enough to cancel it with Armanent, another reason why i don't think it's a good speed feat for Vista.
I took it as Akainu's Buso being passively active as the panel suggests Akainu reacted after he had already been hit.
Pretty much. (Agreed. Tho would this count as him being superior to just BM wielding Napoleon while using Hashoku(since that's the version Kaido fought on-screen); Rooftop BM with Hommies (wasn't particularly impressed with her) or BM with all the power ups she used against Kid & Law?)
Only Big Mom with Napoleon I'd say as that was the only Homie she had at the time and the only one Kaidou has fought.

I took it as Akainu's Buso being passively active as the panel suggests Akainu reacted after he had already been hit.
11-FeBpGo3DTfsd9.jpg
12-GNUS4naTPbWWC.jpg

Hm:unsure:... They warn Jimbei a panel before yet Akainu was still suprised with exclamation/question marks when he gets hit. So what you're saying is that he has basic armament haki active all the time like BM & Kaido? Would we've to remove "Marco+Vista briefly forcing Akainu on the defensive" since Sakazuki isn't really guarding here?
Only Big Mom with Napoleon I'd say as that was the only Homie she had at the time and the only one Kaidou has fought.
OK.

Would we've to remove "Marco+Vista briefly forcing Akainu on the defensive" since Sakazuki isn't really guarding here?
I think that's referring to whatever happened after they attacked him, or maybe when all 16 of the commanders held back Akainu?

I think that's referring to whatever happened after they attacked him, or maybe when all 16 of the commanders held back Akainu?
After Marco & Vista's attack: All focus is on Luffy & Ace, so we don't know what happend elsewhere. Then Marco blocks a punch intended for Luffy. The next page Akainu appears, Marco is nowhere to be seen. (Chapters 574-5)
Against 13 Commanders(Jozu was frozen; Ace & Thatch were dead): They fight for 7 pages off-screen, then Akainu KOs Curiel. 2 pages later and Coby interviens. (Chapters 578-9)
Anime: Akainu adds more strength to his punch sending Marco flying(Episode 484). Akainu uses his Blaze Dog agaisnt the commanders with only Marco slowing it down with the Undying Thistle.(Episode 488)
Looks like Akainu was the aggresor, in the "offensive" rather than "defensive" or am i missing sth? How can they even force him on the defensive if their Haki isn't good enough to hurt him while he's off-guard?

Did King Flame On rly bleed from The Blue Bird & Knee attack?
A few drips were falling from King's face in the manga. In the anime, there was no blood but it could've been censored like they did with Kid hitting BM.
Does anybody know if the colored version of that chapter has come out yet?

Anyway, regarding Oden, I agree he shouldn't directly scale above Rayleigh or Roger for that justification.

I'll go through the rest soon.

Last edited:
Hey Tempest, do you by any chance remember the source on the Flame DF being one of the strongest?

Uhh you sure? Doesn't say anything like that on his vivrecard

I think I saw that type of statement somewhere, it was magazine or ace novel 🤔 tho ace novel exists in the magazine as well 🙈

Uhh you sure? Doesn't say anything like that on his vivrecard

I think I saw that type of statement somewhere, it was magazine or ace novel 🤔 tho ace novel exists in the magazine as well 🙈
This is what I was talking about I think
It could bring light to the darkness, but it couldn’t take him across the sea.
Ace’s ability wasn’t just that he could make fire come off of his skin—it
actually turned his entire being into fire. Accordingly, the name of what he ate
was the Flame-Flame Fruit. Fire was supposed to be the tool that allowed man to
conquer nature, but in Ace’s case, it was merely trapping
him here.
A body turned to fire—flames that leapt off his physical self. One of the most
powerful forms of energy found in nature
From ace novel 🙈 lil different tho to what you wanted

In the OP it links to a post made by KT with a translation for it.
Excellent work you two! Just updated the OP.
Ah I should've been more specific here: I replaced that link with a imgur post with Tempest's translation, a screenshot from the Ace Novel(the part 🐒 mentioned earlier) & another databook scan complimenting the flame fruit destructive power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back