• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Normally abilities aren't visible like time stop. Now his abilities are actually able seen. Death Magic just seems like if you're touched by that black stuff you die. I'm assuming time hax is being touched by that black and white magic on Zerefs fist.

But you were arguing that FC isn't tangible and so Natsu needs proof that his flames can power null it which is why I brought up time stop which isn't tangible whatsoever.

FC gets nulled, regen gets negged and Mel now has this supposed superior skill that hinges on his age, something everyone knows is a faulty argument. Unless something new gets brought up, any and all Mel votes are debunked.

No I was arguing it doesn't use magic it's just a learnt ability that reflects it so either way burning doesn't mean anything. And then I said even if it did use magic it isn't tangible. The examples on his page are clearly visibly tangible because death hax has to touch their victims and there no scan for time stop.

Meliodas definitely has superior skill. Natsu may not even have an AP advantage and all he can do is punch with magic and shoot magic which is what he normally does in his fights, not very skillful. Whilst Meliodas can amp himself with strong emotions and darkness.

Even Regenerationn negation is faulty because it's just burning time magic rather than stopping regen.

Well he has fought in the holy war that has lasted for years plus he is shown to be proficient in martial arts and is a good swordman and was even stated in a Q&A to be a good mage as well though according to the same Q&A he prefers close combat over magic. Plus I still have doubts about Full Counter not working on Natsu's flames.

@Rorepme

Except the scans you yourself linked say it is a magic power and uses magic. Natsu still burnt something intangible so it being intangible is irrelevant.

"Punch with magic and shoot magic which is all he ever does". What in god's name is this gross over simplification? I guess Batman just punches people too, and Ikki just slashes people. Are you for real dude? Hell, Melioda sjust swing s his sword or hits people. Care to explain why that is more skillful than throwing a punch?

Natsu negged Zeref's normal mid regen which is not dependent on magic.

@Peter

Fighting for years also doesn't matter when pretty much everyone he fights is fodder and the people on his level smack him around no to low diff.

Peter1129 said:
Well he has fought in the holy war that has lasted for years plus he is shown to be proficient in martial arts and is a good swordman and was even stated in a Q&A to be a good mage as well though according to the same Q&A he prefers close combat over magic. Plus I still have doubts about Full Counter not working on Natsu's flames.
I agree. The Swordman skills is definitely valid since he even fought against opponents proficient with weapons like Guila with a broken sword which was basically a sword hilt.

Peter1129 said:
Well he has fought in the holy war that has lasted for years
Yeah, he's killed fodder angels and giants for 3,000 years. When you take into consideration that Ludoshel was afraid to fight Mel without more Archangels helping, it really makes you wonder how Mel didn't just kill everyone at the start and why the war lasted that long.

Except that's the statement from a knight who know nothing about Meliodas beyond he's wanted and is dangerous and the one actually explaining the ability is Merlin who know everything about Meliodas. The explanation from the more knowledgable and credible source is better than a knight who know nothing about his power other than it reflects magic.

It is tangible otherwise he'd have "non-physical interaction" in that key. So either that magic is tangible or add it to that key. He's burning magic and nothing indicates it's intangible. Nothing there proves it's intangible.

Because from what I've seen that literally all he does. I've never seen Natsu use technique or skill that are actually notible or cloes to Meliodas in cqc.

He has more combat experience which does account for skill. When you're constantly in combat even against weaker opponents you learn new technique and abilities along the way. Especially after he was sealed and had to work as a just strong knight for years. Mel from what I've seen has much superior technique and tactics in battle whilst Natsu is just a brawler.

IF Meliodas can reflect Guila's explosion magic attack which were made at the tip of her rapier. He should definitely be able to reflect Natsu's Fire magic punch attack, in my opinion

EmperorRorepme said:
He has more combat experience which does account for skill. When you're constantly in combat even against weaker opponents you learn new technique and abilities along the way. Especially after he was sealed and had to work as a just strong knight for years. Mel from what I've seen has much superior technique and tactics in battle whilst Natsu is just a brawler.
"When you're constantly in combat even against weaker opponents you learn new technique and abilities along the way."

Where's your proof of Meliodas doing this?

"Mel from what I've seen has much superior technique and tactics in battle"

Examples of Mel's "much superior" technique and tactics please.

That's just a logical conclusion. Especially when he plays around in battle against weaker opponents allowing them to use their abilities

Have you not seen a Meliodas fight? I'm just going to maintaim this I'm not wasting time posting anymore scans. Amyone can agree or disagree if they've seen Meliodas fight. Natsu is just going to charging with fists and the occasional long range which gets negged whilst Mel skillfully dodges and counters I don't even think Natsu has an AP advantage anymore and I've already voted Mel. Not seeing at all how Natsu wins.

So you refuse to post scans of something you have only claimed and never backed up with scans once and call it a waste of time because someone asked you to prove it?

At 4km Natsu just roars and puts Mel on his ass. In cqc, Mel gets bullied since its someone who is actually physically comparable which he jobs to all the time.

Frankly, I disagree with the notion that "this person did this for this many years" is something that should be automatically accepted as something impressive without looking at the context. Let's look at Mel's 3,000 Holy war feats more in depth. So, let's say that an average Giant was around Matrona's level, which is comparable to an Albion. That's 7-A. And let's highball Nerobasta to the level of a Commandment, Derrie, and make an average Angel 6-C. So basically, the feat that you guys are hyping up for Meliodas, that makes him so much more skilled and experienced than Natsu, is that Mel slaughtered an army of people either hundreds of times(Giants) or tens of times(Angels) weaker than him. That's what you guys keep saying is so impressive. People that literally get turned to bits with a single strike from him. There is no skill here. No experience to be gained from fighting a bunch of fodder. And if you want to bring up the Archangels, Mael was the only one strong enough to fight him when he tried, so that means he couldn't beat the one guy he was comparable to when he had three thousand years to do it. That is not a feat.

EmperorRorepme said:
I'm just going to maintaim this I'm not wasting time posting anymore scans.
You've literally only posted one. In comparison, I've posted twelve to thoroughly debunk that Mel did anything but stomp or get stomped by a Commandment.

@DragonEmperor23, even if Meliodas is normally stronger, he doesn't change the fact he still dodged, parry, and try to win as effectively as possible. It doesn't removed his combat experience .

Elizhaa said:
@DragonEmperor23, even if Meliodas is normally stronger, he doesn't change the fact he still dodged, parry, and try to win as effectively as possible. It doesn't removed his combat experience .
That's the thing, I would agree with that if that was what was shown but it's not. Any time we see Meliodas, he's always surrounded by a pile of dead bodies with no indication that he tried any skilled maneuvers at all. I'll look for some scans.

DragonEmperor23 said:
EmperorRorepme said:
I'm just going to maintaim this I'm not wasting time posting anymore scans.
You've literally only posted one. In comparison, I've posted twelve to thoroughly debunk that Mel did anything but stomp or get stomped by a Commandment.
About his early fights, you didn't debunked that he still can fight effectively and skillful as possible against those who were comparable to him while weaken.

Yeah, he stomped the commandments later on but that does not mean his combat mindset is based on solely being stronger.

????? Literally just replace the AP with speed feats for what Dragon posted. Mel bullying people far slower than him isn't a skill feat, its out statting them by a huge margin.

Elizhaa said:
About his early fights, you didn't debunked that he still can fight effectively and skillful as possible against those who were comparable to him while weaken.
I mean, using your own logic, if Meliodas was really extremely skilled and had 3,000 years of combat then he would have been able to stomp the 16 year old Guila without needing help from the Sins.

Back