• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
It doesn't reflect the fire. He did it against most of the commandments and they used abilities ranging from melee to hellfire. He just accumalated all the magic and damage and was going to throw it back until it was nullfied by Estarossa.

Siegfried10 said:
More than 3000 years of experience at fighting, which he has shown on the manga
There are flashbacks of Mel surrounded by random dead corpses. Unless you're saying that random Angels and Giants are Low 6-B, then fighting an army of fodders compared to you for 3000 years isn't hard. Ludoshel wanted help from Sariel and Tarmiel before fighting him so it isn't like he's comparable to them either.

Siegfried10 said:
Natsu didnt negate Zeref's regen, even Zeref stated that with time he would regenerate.
Honestly, I am have being pondering on it Regenerationn Negation as whether Zeref could still regenerated despite it being negated because of his curse or that Natsu just slow down Zeref's Regenerationn which seems more impractical.

Elizhaa said:
Siegfried10 said:
Natsu didnt negate Zeref's regen, even Zeref stated that with time he would regenerate.
Honestly, I am have being pondering on it Regenerationn Negation as whether Zeref could still regenerated despite it being negated because of his curse or that Natsu just slow down Zeref's Regenerationn which seems more impractical.
Zeref could still regenerate and he only died from Mavis's curse. So really, Natsu's doesnt have regen negation (he does have magic negation). Zeref's regen isnt instantaneus either, when he fought Natsu with Igneel's Power he took his damn time to regenerate.

If you don't agree with regen negate, you'll need to make a thread on the Content Revision board at some point in time (preferably not too far in the future).

DragonEmperor23 said:
Siegfried10 said:
More than 3000 years of experience at fighting, which he has shown on the manga
There are flashbacks of Mel surrounded by random dead corpses. Unless you're saying that random Angels and Giants are Low 6-B, then fighting an army of fodders compared to you for 3000 years isn't hard. Ludoshel wanted help from Sariel and Tarmiel before fighting him so it isn't like he's comparable to them either.
No, i meant every fight that Mel has had since the manga started. He has been showed to excel at fighting (h2h, swodsmanship), and this in a series with characters with hundred of years of experience in combat. Mel's feats at combat ability are above Natsu.

Attack reflection only make natsu stronger, for revenge counter he need to take and store damage, which can be dangerous for him since he need to let his guard down
Natus can't absorb his own magic like flame magic and it is a case for other Dragon Slayers. So, Attack reflection won't make Natsu's stonger

In previous post, everyone was agree that the flame reflecting back via mel fc isn't natsu flame anynore since its potency is increase and its affected by mel

Golfgan said:
If you don't agree with regen negate, you'll need to make a thread on the Content Revision board at some point in time (preferably not too far in the future).
If the regen negation only comes from the fight with Zeref (where Zeref explicitly says that he will regenerate lol), then yeah, i dont agree.

1997KD said:
Attack reflection only make natsu stronger, for revenge counter he need to take and store damage, which can be dangerous for him since he need to let his guard dow
Natus can't absorb his own magic like flame magic and it is a case for other Dragon Slayers. So, Attack reflection won't make Natsu's stonger In previous post, everyone was agree that the flame reflecting back via mel fc isn't natsu flame anynore since its potency is increase and its affected by mel
And that is actually worse for Natsu, as Mel will be preparing Revenge Counter since the very start of the battle.

That power isn't even on Mel's page yet because we don't know what it is. It's just listed that it's possible durability negation. For all we know it was just Mel using Trillion Dark too fast for DK to see it.

Schnee One said:
@Dragon

That was powernull though wasn't it? Time Reversal isn't regen.
We are not scaling natsu Regenerationn negation to time reversal, zeref can regenerate without FH as well

And that is actually worse for Natsu, as Mel will be preparing Revenge Counter since the very start of the battle.

Mel can't prepare RC like that, he need to abonden all attack for doing it.

TFW the thread that i create that have more engaging and discussion is a VS thread that i know nothing about both guys

And that is actually worse for Natsu, as Mel will be preparing Revenge Counter since the very start of the battle.Mel can't prepare RC like that, he need to abonden all attack for doing it.
The only condition is deactivating Full Counter. He was attacking Hendy while preparing Revenge Counter.

DragonEmperor23 said:
That power isn't even on Mel's page yet because we don't know what it is. It's just listed that it's possible durability negation. For all we know it was just Mel using Trillion Dark too fast for DK to see it.
I agree with this, we dont even know what his magic does.

BurlapJack said:
Also i am curious as to how revenge counter wouldn't work against natsu
If Meliodas loses his legs (or his legs break), he won't hit Natsu. If his chest/ribs/spine/solar plexus breaks: same. If his arms break: he'll have to first pick up his sword before the thing fly too far. If his head breaks... If Meliodas is knocked out he can't revenge counter. If Meliodas is dead he can't revenge counter.

If what 1997KD is true and Natsu has 4x AP, revenge counter becomes near impractical. The Darkness danmaku-thing (trillion dark) can be countered by the AP gap too (Natsu's fire doesn't just burn people). By the way, Natsu durability scales to his AP, so any AP gap is also a Durability gap: Natsu can take quite a lot of hits.

Meliodas hidden power may beat Natsu, if we learn it's some hax. But we don't know anything about it.

"2000 years combat experience", "Known to be skilled" etc.
You don't just determine someone to be skilled only by this. IMO, the only definition "Skilled" that matters in a VSbattle is "being able to mitigate an AP gap", "being able to detect weaknesses and attack patterns of someone as strong or stronger or faster than you" etc. This is not what Meliodas does. He always beat his opponent by either summoning an attack with higher AP (i.e. revenge counter, hidden power, Dark Trillion) or by overpowering or outspeeding people.

Predicting the attack pattern of a guy slower and weaker than you is not "skill", neither is overpowering weaker dudes. As a matter of fact, he typically loses againt people he can't overpower (Galand's first encounter, The One Escanor). NNT is one of "those" Shounen... (Fairy Tail too tbh).

I like this match. It's like that terrible movie that it's always on TV and it's so bad that it's enjoyable, with the same bad twists and plot (argument) that can be debunked with common sense.

Go ahead. This will end up banned.

Honestly, where did the x4 stronger come from because Natus scaled from being stonger than Irene who cap at Baseline: 1.2 Teratons?

Meliodas scaled from a saling chain too. So, I would argued they are relative here.

@Golfgan, I have to completely disagred with the skilled argument.

Skills is based on the experience factors in fighting and Meliodas had century year of experiences ahead of Natsu. Sure, Meliodas is top tier but it doesn't discount the fact that he fought with characters who were comparable in experiences like Commandments which were highlighted at his weaker keys.

Natsu basically fight on a free flowing style.

I disagree. Meliodas basically either stomped or got stomped in most of his encounters with the Commandments. There were never really any fights where the gap was small enough that you could say skill played a factor.

DragonEmperor23 said:
I disagree. Meliodas basically either stomped or got stomped in most of his encounters with the Commandments. There were never really any fights where the gap was small enough that you could say skill played a factor.
I am pretty sure he didn't stomp Gloxinia and Drole.

Meliodas was fighting the most Commandments head-on also and an argument could be made that he have won if not for Mael (Nanatsu no Taizai)'s commandment.

Well, let's look at a play by play. Well, to start with, Glox and Drole were injured by Escanor previously. Then Meliodas precedes to pummel Drole effortlessly, before cutting off half of his arms. He also cuts off the other two with ease, without Drole being able to react to do anything. Armored Glox shows up to help and manages to knock Mel away so you can think that maybe he's strong enough to damage him, but it turns out that either Mel managed to hit him and oneshot the armor in the moment that Glox hit him or that Mel was so durable the armor broke on Mel's body when Glox hit him. Again, nothing showing they're comparable in the slightest. Meliodas hasn't even been scratched. So Glox knocks Mel really far away but then Mel comes back without any damage and does serious damage to Glox with a single punch.. As it says, Mel made quick work of the two. Moving on to Mel vs all the Commandments.

Mel attempts to attack Zeldris, but ends up being the one who loses an arm. Mel kicks Zeldris directly in the chin,but it does absolutely no damage. He also blocks a bunch of attacks from Derriere but that's more him preparing for Revenge Counter than skill or one stomping the other. Monspeet also burns Mel slightly, but again at this point Mel is fairly injured and is being rapidly attacked by several people at the same time. The rest goes as you know and I agree that Meliodas would have won if Mael and his commandment weren't there. But that's because it negated his Revenge Counter, it has nothing to do with him being skilled or experienced. Unless you're saying that letting people hit you so you can build up your move that does more damage the more damage you take, in which that case I disagree with you on that as well because that's not skill or experience, that's just knowing that one of your moves would be good for this situation. Sorry for posting so many links by the way, I just didn't want to make a giant comment with lots of pictures.

Elizhaa said:
Honestly, where did the x4 stronger come from because Natus scaled from being stonger than Irene who cap at Baseline: 1.2 Teratons?
I also wonder how 1997KD deduced 4x gap. On the other hand, Irene is 2.1 Tera so this is twice more than 1 Tera. https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Fairy_Tail#Calculations

I'd assume 4 Tera Natsu claim comes from the note below the calcs:

• The Low 6-B+'s are scaled to be twice as strong as the Low 6-B's (4.2 Teratons).

It's actually debatable on whether or not Natsu has the AP advantage. So I'm pretty sure this battle mostly comes down to skills and versatility which I think Meliodas has the advantage in both. Skill due to being far older and versatility due to Full Counter reflecting Natsu's magic attacks which I think he can't absorb based on what I heard and maybe Trillion Dark which barrages Natsu from all directions with a whole bunch of compressed balls of darkness.

I'm just gonna say this: Natsu's pool of magic isn't infinite. If he can't absorb his own reflected magic, he's going to eventually lose all his energy.

Also Meliodas is a more skilled fighter.

So FC and Counter Vanish takes care of most of Natsu's magic even if he has an AP advantage it doesn't matter if you're magic keeps being thrown back at you or outright nullified. I think you're forgetting Meliodas' Regenerationn too.

Revenge Counter should eventually destroy Natsu if Meliodas decides to go that route. I still don't see any answer for it.

Considering like....All of Natsu's attacks are magical or imbued with Magic, Natsu getting past counter will be borderline impossible, his best bet is AoE nuking around Mel but he usually prefers CQC and he doesn't really have the mobility advantage to stay away forever.

Meliodes FRA

Also whilst I agree we don't know much about Meliodas' new power I think the speculation of it being trillion dark is too extreme. It clearly isn't, if we're speculating here it'd be a deconstruction ability.

His True Magic just seems to be a new form or some kind of power up. Trillion Dark is merely a move where he barrages his enemy with compressed balls of darkness. It's completely unrelated to his True Magic since he could do this in Base.

Also saying the True DK "couldn't react to it" whilst a weakened DK can is pretty bad. It seems like a really strong Ark. Ark can deconstruct demons pretty casually depending on the strength.

Back