• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Major Mario CRT 2: The Lost Levels

The Dark Prognosticus is a book that tells the future and prophecies. For example, many countries fell in war for the book. However, the book itself already predicted this. The book says that a hero (Mario) will attempt to stop the Void's destruction. It says that the man in green (Luigi) will be the one to use the Chaos Heart's power and bring darkness to everyone.

The Light Prognosticus is a book that is created to counter the Dark Prognosticus. It doesn't tell the future, instead it was made on how to prevent the Void's destruction. In order for the Void to be stopped, it all comes down to what the man in green decides. And what happened at the end? Luigi was merged with the Chaos Heart, along with Dimentio stating that Luigi is the perfect host for it. Meaning that the Light Prognosticus couldn't counter the Dark Prognosticus, and that it was still right all along. However, even with this, the four heroes still managed to survive. Meaning they were able to defy their fate that the Dark Prognosticus stated. This is also backed up by these statements, specifically Tippi's on how not everything is decided by fate, but rather, all things can determine their own destiny. Thus, I believe that the four heroes should be resistant to fate manipulation.

Yep, that seems reasonable. The prophecies of the Dark Prognosticus were all legit up to that point, and the heroes were still able to defy the final prophecy.

If Mario can still beat Bowser with The Grand Star, Black Paint and universal Power Stars then maybe we should question these "amps" Bowser is getting more than the power of Mario because obviously these things aren't creating a big enough gap were Mario is powerless against Bowser.

It's explained in the ending of Mario Galaxy 2 that it's the Gentle Pull that's allowing Mario to win regardless of odds rather than Mario's own power.

@DatOneWeeb that has been suggested + rejected twice before, as "the Prophecy was agreed to be false rather than anyone having resistance to fate manipulation.", and "It's just the typical event and speech where they can choose their own destiny, rather than do whatever a book stated."

I'm personally neutral on it, but the arguments don't seem different from what they were before,

Deadmemeguy said:
If Mario can still beat Bowser with The Grand Star, Black Paint and universal Power Stars then maybe we should question these "amps" Bowser is getting more than the power of Mario because obviously these things aren't creating a big enough gap were Mario is powerless against Bowser.
https://youtu.be/byjEaN9GiGQ?t=621

"You look a bit more banged up than last time."

Pretty much accurate. Low 2-C should be fine for the Star Children for a lot of reasons.

GyroNutz said:
@DatOneWeeb that has been suggested + rejected twice before, as "the Prophecy was agreed to be false rather than anyone having resistance to fate manipulation.", and "It's just the typical event and speech where they can choose their own destiny, rather than do whatever a book stated."
I'm personally neutral on it, but the arguments don't seem different from what they were before,
I seem to disagree with those counterarguments. The prophecy just being false makes no sense. The Dark Prognosticus has been right for thousands of years, why would it only now just be wrong? It doesn't add up. I mean they even needed The Ancinets to create another book in order to counter it, yet that still didn't do anyone good.

I need someone to unlock the profile before I can fix Mario's profile. Some more input on resistance to fate Manip would be nice.

I think you provided gud evidence but I also want to say something g about bowser. Shouldnt bowser have all powers and abilities from lucie via bowcien since he wasnt possessed or controlled by him as the prophecy foretold?
SmartSelect 20200402-134052 YouTube

It doesn't look like DRB commented in a while however. But I do agree we should wrap this up fast, but we shouldn't add things he was strongly against.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
It doesn't look like DRB commented in a while however. But I do agree we should wrap this up fast, but we shouldn't add things he was strongly against.
I'm not adding anything, I'm only moving certain abilities that are in his base tabber to his power ups tabber.

Yeah, I know. You're good, it's just other people keep bringing up some... Other things.

Has there been any significant discussion about no longer considering the Wario and Donkey Kong games as their own universes with different scaling? There's also the matter of upgrading the mooks AP to Building level via that Monty Mole calc and maybe their speed to Relativistic via that one minigame in Mario Party 6 (I think? It's one of the party games) where the playable characters, one of which including a Boo, can briefly move fast enough to resist a black hole,

I'm not adding anything, I'm only moving certain abilities that are in his base tabber to his power ups tabber.

You added the fatehax Weeb, I assume It was a error because the notes are missing

Shouldn't the second P&A tab be relabeled as "Power-ups/Items", as some of the stuff that grants him those powers fall better under the item category?

Back