• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Culex profile rework

Status
Not open for further replies.
Current Culex profile is bad. Mario RPG remake is coming out in just a few weeks. I decided to make the profile better in celebration. I would have done Mallow, Geno, and Smithy, but I don't exactly have a whole lot of time to be sparing and I'm also getting sort of exhausted from this stuff, so it'll just be Culex for now.

Current profile
New profile

Changes:
  • Added a summary
  • Removed Spaceflight, it's redundant
  • Removed Matter Manip, no proof of such
  • Removed Precognition, no proof of such - him saying "I can see your future..." is extremely sketchy in and of itself because there is nothing that says he can actually do it
  • Removed Resistance to Extreme Cold and Cosmic Radiation, no proof of such
  • Added Dimensional Travel, as he says himself that he crossed over into the dimension of the Mushroom Kingdom
  • Added Summoning, he does not create the crystals, he only summons them
  • Made Space-Time Manip a "possibly"
  • Added Resistance to Status Effect Inducement, Culex can't be inflicted with any status whatsoever
  • Added Resistance to Transmutation, Culex cannot be turned into a sheep by the Lamb's Lure item
  • Moved all of the crystal abilities to an entirely different tab named "With Crystals"
  • Added various abilities to the new tab, such as previously omitted abilities like Sleep Manipulation
  • Added new justifications to his AP and Durability ratings
  • Changed Stamina to "Unknown, likely Superhuman", there is no proof he has infinite stamina
  • Redid his intelligence, nowhere is it implied he a master of dark magic
  • Cleaned up the Notable Attacks and Powers section, now sporting a tabber with 5 tabs, one for Culex, and four for the Crystals

Last edited:
Oops, I forgot two things
  • Culex gets Resistance to Transmutation as he can't be transformed into a sheep via the Lamb's Lure
  • Crystals tab gets Fear Inducement because Sand Storm causes Fear

I agree. And I'll be the second to say that the profile looks great, Culex is a bit of an oddball in Mario's verse, as the way he talks about feats are really obscure. As the previous profile had some headcanon's and him being tier 2 is a headcanon tbh

Last edited:
My only desire is that they keep him a 2D character because that was his entire shtick in the Japanese script

Why not just get rid of all the English stuff on his profile and use the Japanese quotes for p&a if they are inaccurate translations though 🫠

The eating time part got adapted out of nowhere...and people didn't want that to see the light of day for his failed tier 2 upgrade

Why not just get rid of all the English stuff on his profile and use the Japanese quotes for p&a if they are inaccurate translations though 🫠
If you want the ironic answer: the English script is just better because it's funnier lol

The unironic answer: What he says in Japanese doesn't really have anything for us to necessarily go off of besides the fact that he is a 2D character who wishes to see what the power of 3D is like. The rest just seems to be flavor text or something.

I mean for one the dimensional travel is not really caused by him in jp and it's just a portal opened up and he felt it and went through it instead of causing it. So that's something added extra.

While I'm fine with the rework regarding it's detail, I'd prefer scans were added to said justifications of his powers and abilities if. Regardless of that; it looks fine.

Seems good.

It'd be fun if they gave Culex an HD-2D sprite like Octopath Traveler, but yeah they better keep him a sprite no matter what

Just as a heads up, I have made a few more changes (but that's it for updates, I promise)
  • Moved Space-Time Manip to the "With Crystals" tabber; Culex in the Japanese script says "Come forth, o power that rules over all creation!" when he summons the crystals, so I am more inclined to believe that the Crystals are the ones with this ability and not Culex himself
  • Turned the P&A into a bullet point format; I think for someone with as few abilities as Culex, it looks nice, and it helps to make the scans and abilities more distinct from each other
  • Added more meat to his Intelligence section (bolded is new stuff):
Unknown, at least Average (Being a Dark Knight of Vanda, Culex is supposedly well-experienced in combat, and is capable of battling against the party all at once, including Mario, whom has the capability of defeating Jinx in battle, proving to be powerful and skilled enough for the latter to rebrand his dojo and incorporate Mario's jumping into their routine)

Speaking of Culex and changes

3D Culex has new dialogue, now he says he’s past, present and future and will consume all of time and space (so literally Solaris type stuff)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back