• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Culex Profile Rework #2 - Extra-Shiny Edition (Spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, I mean, sure

So long as it doesn't affect the bottom line that he's able to damage and interact with the party, then it wouldn't hurt to throw it on

I have two questions.

I know this is a Culex Rework thread but I just wanna ask, Does any of Culex's post fight Dialog add anything to the other characters? He says stuff like "We were evenly matched." If you take a lot of turns fighting him but if you beat him quickly he'll mention a gap has grown between them or there is a gap.

Another bit of Dialog from Culex is he himself mentions that he is post game content. Wouldn't he also get 4th wall awareness from that? Or is that treated as a joke-joke?

Does any of Culex's post fight Dialog add anything to the other characters? He says stuff like "We were evenly matched." If you take a lot of turns fighting him but if you beat him quickly he'll mention a gap has grown between them or there is a gap.
Considering that is contingent on how many turns you take to beat him, alongside the Scrapbook entry (written by Geno) of Culex 3D stating "it was an even more grueling fight", I'd say no.
Another bit of Dialog from Culex is he himself mentions that he is post game content. Wouldn't he also get 4th wall awareness from that? Or is that treated as a joke-joke?
Personally speaking, I would just classify that as a joke rather than 4th Wall Awareness, considering we have self-aware jokes written by the devs for the Monster List, such as Count Down's.

Considering that is contingent on how many turns you take to beat him, alongside the Scrapbook entry (written by Geno) of Culex 3D stating "it was an even more grueling fight", I'd say no.

Personally speaking, I would just classify that as a joke rather than 4th Wall Awareness, considering we have self-aware jokes written by the devs for the Monster List, such as Count Down's.
Alright, fair enough. Thank you for your time.

I would personally classify this as Fourth Wall Awareness, since the same text is shown when using Thought Peek on him.

As for the rework, I agree. Just shrink Culex 3D's image to make the quote readable. Oh, and the "whom" in the intelligence section should be "who." Sorry.

2D beings can perfectly harm 3D beings like 3Ds can have Tier 2/1 physical power and can brawl with HDE beings, what's the point?
If there's context implying that those beings which can do so are special. If there isn't that context, then instead, those supposedly tier 2/1 beings would be somewhere between tier 10 and tier 3.
Type 9 Large Size does not mean you must be Tier 11, just be 2D. Plus I mentioned Gravity Falls as that's a verse where 2D, 3D and 11D beings are all potrayed with similar levels of power, and Mario seems to fall in a similar situation.
That just means that their dimensionality confers literally no abilities or special status, and as such, doesn't really belong in indexing.

Why list a character as Type 9 Small Size if they have literally none of the characteristics typical of that? Those being, being able to ignore durability by being small enough to move past armour/skin, being able to avoid physical attacks by being too small to put any notable amount of force on, and being easy for higher-dimensional characters to dodge by sidestepping into dimensions it can't access. At that point it's just misleading.

Last edited:
If there's context implying that those beings which can do so are special. If there isn't that context, then instead, those supposedly tier 2/1 beings would be somewhere between tier 10 and tier 3.
So you're telling me that most of Tier 2/1 is wrong?
Why list a character as Type 9 Small Size if they have literally none of the characteristics typical of that? Those being, being able to ignore durability by being small enough to move past armour/skin, being able to avoid physical attacks by being too small to put any notable amount of force on, and being easy for higher-dimensional characters to dodge by sidestepping into dimensions it can't access. At that point it's just misleading.
My guy, the page doesn't say this. The only requirement is being 2D. So change the page if you think it should be like this.

So you're telling me that most of Tier 2/1 is wrong?
No, they have context implying that the 3-D characters that can damage higher-D beings are special, and not just ordinary humans.
My guy, the page doesn't say this. The only requirement is being 2D. So change the page if you think it should be like this.
Yes it does:
However, many small characters can ignore durability by harming vital parts of the body, and can mostly avoid physical attacks from larger characters, seen with viruses and bacteria in real life. We call this having a Small Size.
The Resistance page (under the "Higher-Dimensional Existence" section) also covers how we consider legitimate interactions between higher/lower-dimensional characters to work.

Plus, pages don't cover literally every single ruling that could possibly happen when abilities are applied. They're general guidelines, with specifics left to staff. Those sorts of things are only written down when they prove contentious or unintuitive. We had universal energy systems before there was a page for them. And fundamentally, there are too many possible arguments and feats in fiction for us to explicitly write what to index them as in every single case.

Unless this idea proves divisive among staff, a thread won't need to be made to change the page in that manner.

Would you really? I was under the impression that Bill only had Small Size in the Mindscape, where it seems pretty consistent for him to have those attributes relative to 3-D beings.

I'm gonna wait another day before I apply the changes (DDM and Armor agreed and there hasn't been anything majorly contested) just in case someone wants to suggest something be added, but I think this is as good as done

As far as I'm aware, it can't, especially when the only thing that reduces stats for your party members is the Fear status, and Shredder doesn't have any effect when used on a party member inflicted with Fear.

Alright, it's been a day and nobody has made any suggestions or had any contentions with the contents of the profile, so I'm going to apply the changes, and this thread can be closed as a result

It's been a day and nobody has had any contentions with the update being applied, so I'm closing this.

DM me, or contact another easier-to-reach staff member if you want this unlocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back