• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Major Mario CRT 2: The Lost Levels

We need a page for paint stars from color Splash just wanted to point that out plus I think there some abilities mario can get from his paint hammer such as life_manipulation

Isn't the Red Paint Star capable of "coloring" Mario and Huey's thoughts to telepathically communicate with them? That probably has weird implications and such given dreams are just a collection of thoughts and such.

What are the conclusions here, summarised in an easy to understand manner?

@Butter

Wouldn't the battles in bowser's minions be subject to the same game mechanics as any other Mario game, where Goombas can somehow harm Mario and co? And I don't remember Kamek appearing in Superstar Saga.

@Ant

2-B Star Rod/Spirits seems to be rejected. Several Low 2-C feats have been accepted, but DDM and DRB believe it's still an outlier, so that's more or less a stalemate right now. Low 2-C Culex on its own virtue seems to be rejected. No one seems to oppose the passive wish-granting, so that's probably fine.

Scrapping the tier 6/5 keys for Donkey Kong and Wario respectively, and resistance to Fate Manipulation for Mario, Bowser, Luigi and Peach have been brought up. Personally I'm fine with the former and neutral on the latter, but I'll add them to the OP so they can be better evaluated. Although the staff members I did contact haven't responded, so I doubt this thread will be evaluated before the forum move.

You can also ask some more staff members if you wish.

You can ask Dino to comment here via his message wall if you wish.

So.....what exactly is the proposal for Fate Manipulation? Btw, I suggest keeping this thread to be on hold since the wiki is about to be altered.

We still have several days to finish this, so it should be fine if we hurry up.

Dat One Weeb mentions it comes from two things; the stuff about Light Prognostics and the stuff related to the Gentle Pull. The Gentle Pull was what Mario enables him to rescue Peach from Bowser even if the Grand Star was supposed to make Bowser become far out of Mario's league. And the Light Prognostics mentions something about guiding the party's fate, which would include them being taken to safety even after the collapsation of Sammer Kingdom.

But yes, there are several other things brought up that may need to be addressed after the Forum move.

The Dark Prognosticus is a book that tells the future and prophecies. For example, many countries fell in war for the book. However, the book itself already predicted this. The book says that a hero (Mario) will attempt to stop the Void's destruction. It says that the man in green (Luigi) will be the one to use the Chaos Heart's power and bring darkness to everyone.
The Light Prognosticus is a book that is created to counter the Dark Prognosticus. It doesn't tell the future, instead it was made on how to prevent the Void's destruction. In order for the Void to be stopped, it all comes down to what the man in green decides. And what happened at the end? Luigi was merged with the Chaos Heart, along with Dimentio stating that Luigi is the perfect host for it. Meaning that the Light Prognosticus couldn't counter the Dark Prognosticus, and that it was still right all along. However, even with this, the four heroes still managed to survive. Meaning they were able to defy their fate that the Dark Prognosticus stated. This is also backed up by these statements, specifically Tippi's on how not everything is decided by fate, but rather, all things can determine their own destiny. Thus, I believe that the four heroes should be resistant to fate manipulation.

Yeah, I agree it's most so outside sources, but it is similar to how Ness has something similar in relation to Truth of the Universe (Earthbound) in which it's listed on profile of receiving a blessing from said characters.

Also, just a heads up, the character format on page is being worked on right now. Probably won't finish it right away, but I'm going to save a WIP in one of my sandboxes.

I'm mostly waiting since I'm planning to type out the limitations of his fate manipulation because obviously people would love to abuse this power. (Ain't that right, Archie Sonic?)

DatOneWeeb said:
I'm mostly waiting since I'm planning to type out the limitations of his fate manipulation because obviously people would love to abuse this power. (Ain't that right, Archie Sonic?)
Wdym

I just want Low 2-C Mario so we can create an Archie Sonic vs Mario fight because i've always wanted to do that in a way that isn't too one sided. Especially if a Mario gets Fate Manipulation so we can get "Fate Manip GG, no u" forever.

Alternatively 2-C Mario for Pre-Crisis Superman vs Mario because i just find that funny.

I have nothing else to contribute to this thread... sorry. Bing Bing Wahoo man very strong.

Jared1111 said:
I just want Low 2-C Mario so we can create an Archie Sonic vs Mario fight because i've always wanted to do that in a way that isn't too one sided. Especially if a Mario gets Fate Manipulation so we can get "Fate Manip GG, no u" forever.

Alternatively 2-C Mario for Pre-Crisis Superman vs Mario because i just find that funny.

I have nothing else to contribute to this thread... sorry. Bing Bing Wahoo man very strong.
You shouldn't upgrade a character just to make matches, but only if you think a character should be higher to be more accurate or not

What DRB has accepted can probably be applied.

Back