• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Legend of Zelda General Discussion Thread

...Or it just means there's not a lot to write about.
Literaly just established even the most fodder goon has quite a bit.
You've heavily implied that you won't be saying much about each character.
Yeah? Because I'm not the dude making the profiles?
I could do it instead if you want?

King Dodongo has just about everything and you're still like, "OMG finish or delete it!!!"
You mean this?

Let's go step by step.

No scans, no proof, no evidence. How do we know he has breath attack? The profile doesn't show a single instance of it, nor explains to what extent.
No scans, no proof, no evidence. How do we know he has flame attacks? The profile doesn't show a single instance of it, nor explains to what extent.
Magma Manipulation (Was the cause of the burning magma in the center of his chamber, and upon his death it all cooled down)
Zero scans. Proof? I don't even think is true anyhow, pretty sure it's just headcanon and never actually said anywhere so that's a problem.
Acrobatics (Consistently curls up into a ball and rolls like a Goron),"
No scans, no proof, no evidence. How do we know he has acrobatics? Also what the **** is a Goron? Someone not familiar with Zelda wouldn't know wtf it's talking about.
Also that isn't acrobatics but that's besides the point.
Bodily Weaponry (Claws, horns, thick armor-like growths on its skin),"
This is fine, but only because the profile at least has an image of the mf where ya can see all that shit.
Can digest nearly anything
Scans? Proof? When do they say this? Where do they say this?
(Can deal significant damage to Child Link,"
Ok, show it, wouldn't be hard to just clip the mf bashing him and dealing like a heart of damage.
Class M (Physically stronger than Child Link even when he has the Goron Bracelet, should likely be comparable to other monsters on this level such as the Gohma seen in Wind Waker)"
Why is he stronger than Child Link? Based on what feat and showing? Why is it comparable to Gohma from WW?
At least Building level+ (Capable of surviving multiple bomb detonations in his stomach, and can take blows from Link after each), his nigh-invulnerable skin makes him difficult to kill"
Ok at least sufficient, this explains why he's that high, should maybe actually show it, but at least it explains why. Except that last bit is dumb as shit, I legit can't believe we have nigh invul for a low end boss in dura.
Uhm, why?
Range: Extended Melee Range, Hundreds of Meters with fire blasts
Uhm, why 2???? That last one isn't even true.

I'd list intel and weakness too but, ya know.

And wow that's the profile. Where's shit like heat res? Fire res? We're told Dodongo's have flame resistant stomachs too, add that on there, especially given internal attacks an actual method to fight it. What about its weakness to ice? Poison resistance? Why not have a SINGLE SCAN? Could definitely actually show the shit it does like its fireball attack instead of assuming everyone who reads the profile played the game and that they just take the profile's word for it. Longevity, we're told they can live eons and shit so...? Large Size, it's big after all and would better convey why internal attacks even a option. And that's just super basic stuff that I'm shocked even needs to be mentioned.

Dude no, this profile is dogass, the fact you think this is passable, is a huge red flag. Worst part is, that isn't even the worst of the profiles we got.
Then why are you yapping to us at all?
Because we have standards? Do it right or not at all?
Whether or not I'm doing it doesn't change the fact you have to do it right. And fyi, i would do it, it'd just take ages, but I have no real problem going about doing it.

Last edited:
Seems like almost all your problems with it is that it doesn't have a scan for every single thing. King Dodongo isn't worth creating 15 septillion scans for.
It doesnt have a scan for ANYTHING. Hell it doesn't even EXPLAIN how, why or what half the shit it got, even fire manip doesn't even explain to what degree or what it can do with it, like that can be anything from having a lighter to some physics defying flames like Avdol, to what degree can it use flames? Is it just a basic fireball, can it spawn fire at distance, do giant AoE, etc.
It don't even have half the shit it should anyway.

Newsflash, this is required. You also gotta add references to everything now per wiki rules.

"king dodongo isnt worth-", then don't make profiles like him if you don't want to put in the effort. You keep going "who says theyll be bad", "who says theyll be low quality", "who says we wont index it properly", etc, and then you say stuff like that, making actual excuses.

I retract what I said before, I'm actively not ok with you making goon profiles, if you don't think it's worth putting in effort, don't do it to begin with.

Now I need to make some random goon profile like I've done twice with GoW lol

Got lots of options, I'd go with ReDead or Gibdo's tbh, they got enough stuff to make a fully fleshed out profile with some hax, would have reason to exist for active scaling, and also wouldn't be extreme like a Moblin profile despite being a goon, they got a lot of shit due to being in like every game.

Wizzrobes might also be a good option or Zol's because it'd be funny.

Got lots of options, I'd go with ReDead or Gibdo's tbh, they got enough stuff to make a fully fleshed out profile with some hax, would have reason to exist for active scaling, and also wouldn't be extreme like a Moblin profile despite being a goon, they got a lot of shit due to being in like every game.

Wizzrobes might also be a good option or Zol's because it'd be funny.
Oh I meant just random ass profiles I decide to make

But hey, in a few days I could pick up a random boss or fodder lol

It doesnt have a scan for ANYTHING. Hell it doesn't even EXPLAIN how, why or what half the shit it got, even fire manip doesn't even explain to what degree or what it can do with it, like that can be anything from having a lighter to some physics defying flames like Avdol, to what degree can it use flames? Is it just a basic fireball, can it spawn fire at distance, do giant AoE, etc.
It don't even have half the shit it should anyway.

Newsflash, this is required. You also gotta add references to everything now per wiki rules.

"king dodongo isnt worth-", then don't make profiles like him if you don't want to put in the effort. You keep going "who says theyll be bad", "who says theyll be low quality", "who says we wont index it properly", etc, and then you say stuff like that, making actual excuses.

I retract what I said before, I'm actively not ok with you making goon profiles, if you don't think it's worth putting in effort, don't do it to begin with.
Alright, I won't be making any profiles.

I mean couldn't you just link a video of the boss fight without timestamps to most of them.
You could for some yeah, I wouldn't but like doing that would at least be acceptable, profile don't even do that tho.
As said it's dogass.

This thread does a whole lot of talking and not much doing.

No-lifing the game is not the end, the end is when all the profiles and calcs you wanted to do are uploaded on the site.
sounds a lot like yourself and not anyone else here, chariot has one of the most comprehensive amounts of scans across several zelda games getting into the thousands, he's compiling them and sorting through a lot of it himself and just about everyone else here has contributed in some way with prior zelda games and were actually supporting and productive hell myself, chariot, dusty, shmeaty and plenty others have done calcs for the verse and/or are working on EoW right now in some capacity.

You haven't done a damn thing but complain and criticize with nothing to show for it meanwhile we have actually calculations completed and scans gathered for indexing. What do you have? What work have you done to contribute? Keep this up and I'll be going to RVR because this continuous arguing and complaining about problems your inventing yourself is getting old very quickly. Get with the program and actually follow the site rules when it comes to indexing or don't comment at all.

sounds a lot like yourself and not anyone else here, chariot has one of the most comprehensive amounts of scans across several zelda games getting into the thousands, he's compiling them and sorting through a lot of it himself and just about everyone else here has contributed in some way with prior zelda games and were actually supporting and productive hell myself, chariot, dusty, shmeaty and plenty others have done calcs for the verse and/or are working on EoW right now in some capacity.

You haven't done a damn thing but complain and criticize with nothing to show for it meanwhile we have actually calculations completed and scans gathered for indexing. What do you have? What work have you done to contribute? Keep this up and I'll be going to RVR because this continuous arguing and complaining about problems your inventing yourself is getting old very quickly. Get with the program and actually follow the site rules when it comes to indexing or don't comment at all.
I can’t wait till he publishes his research, then. He doesn’t want me making profiles, remember?

I can’t wait till he publishes his research, then. He doesn’t want me making profiles, remember?
yeah no one wants you to make BAD profiles, way to miss the point at every level. You CAN make them just not utter shit ones and from what you've said thinking King Dodongo's is good shows you're skills aren't exactly up to par right now. start with a blog and send it here if you do want to do anything

yeah no one wants you to make BAD profiles, way to miss the point at every level. You CAN make them just not utter shit ones and from what you've said thinking King Dodongo's is good shows you're skills aren't exactly up to par right now. start with a blog and send it here if you do want to do anything
Do not take me for some conjurer of cheap tricks. I want profile-making to be easy and newbie-friendly, not something we're needlessly strict about pages anyone can edit.

He doesn’t want me making profiles, remember?
I mean not when you aren't gonna put in the effort because it isn't worth doing for a goon.
If you like, actually do shit properly idc what you do.
I want profile-making to be easy and newbie-friendly, not something we're needlessly strict about pages anyone can edit.
Uh, no.
Being newbie friendly isn't an excuse, new dudes literally have to pass their stuff by dudes before publishing.
And being new also isn't an excuse to halfass, we don't want bad profiles, that literally just makes work for the mods that have to read and then delete that shit. Given you've literally gone on record 3 times saying stuff like getting scans for a profile isn't worth the effort for a goon, a bad one passes, or we shouldn't index everything and more. This all comes off as excuses to cut corners, or even not do anything at all.

We're strict, yes, and? It's called having standards. And also no, you can't just edit any profile, that's actually against the rules, even if they're not locked, you need to do a CRT, get permission, and so on. And half the time a mod has to come in and fix it anyway.

A new dude should never just come in and start editing and making shit, they can do sandboxes and blogs and from there run it by dudes to see if it's ok or not, that's how they learn.

Uh, no.
Being newbie friendly isn't an excuse, new dudes literally have to pass their stuff by dudes before publishing.
And being new also isn't an excuse to halfass, we don't want bad profiles, that literally just makes work for the mods that have to read and then delete that shit. Given you've literally gone on record 3 times saying stuff like getting scans for a profile isn't worth the effort for a goon, a bad one passes, or we shouldn't index everything and more. This all comes off as excuses to cut corners, or even not do anything at all.

We're strict, yes, and? It's called having standards. And also no, you can't just edit any profile, that's actually against the rules, even if they're not locked, you need to do a CRT, get permission, and so on. And half the time a mod has to come in and fix it anyway.

A new dude should never just come in and start editing and making shit, they can do sandboxes and blogs and from there run it by dudes to see if it's ok or not, that's how they learn.
It's not a newbie's fault if they make a profile that isn't as comprehensive as what a veteran would do. They wouldn't even have developed the skills yet to look for everything they could possibly index. I didn't say King Dodongo doesn't deserve scans either. I said it doesn't need scans for every little thing.

It's not a newbie's fault if they make a profile that isn't as comprehensive as what a veteran would do.
Which is why they're meant to run it by staff first. Even I run my sandboxes by a bunch of dudes first.
They wouldn't even have developed the skills yet to look for everything they could possibly index.
Which is why they run it by staff first as above.
also this isn't even true, you don't need to be a wiki vet to just read guides or play the games.
I didn't say King Dodongo doesn't deserve scans either. I said it doesn't need scans for every little thing.
And I quote
Seems like almost all your problems with it is that it doesn't have a scan for every single thing. King Dodongo isn't worth creating 15 septillion scans for.
Is what you said, stop backpedaling, we just went through this the other with Zelda too. Everything needs a scan, it might take effort or time, but it is what it is, it's the rule, and not just scans, but references too now are mandated.

You also said "King Dodongo has just about everything", when it actually has quite literally zero scans or evidence for anything.

Which is why they're meant to run it by staff first. Even I run my sandboxes by a bunch of dudes first.
Yeah when I make profiles for a verse that isn't explicitly mine(Or I'm head supporter for it) I tend to get reviews for it, it's what I did for the 2 GoW profiles I've made, and it's what I do for every Warhammer Fantasy profile I make.

Probably the only verse with any supporter base I just up and make a profile for is WoW, and that's because I'm running most of the show on it.

Speaking of running sandboxes by people, I had a lot of downtime at work today due to a bunch of IT issues so I started dicking around with a draft for Null if anyone else isn't doing one, once I'm home and have better internet I'll copy and paste it into a sandbox later

Speaking of running sandboxes by people, I had a lot of downtime at work today due to a bunch of IT issues so I started dicking around with a draft for Null if anyone else isn't doing one, once I'm home and have better internet I'll copy and paste it into a sandbox later
Idk who's doing what so all I've done really is begin code for Zelda's na&t section.
I assume we need a render for that though? If so I might do one.

Back