• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Sonic Games Excalibur Sonic by Nibroc-Rock
So, you're the "Hero of Time", eh? Heh heh, this will be fun!

250px-Link SSBU
I expect nothing less. Let's test your swordsmanship, "Knight of the Wind"!

Both 5-A
Speed Equalized unfortunately

SBA

Adventurer that doesn't actually talk: 8 (Inverted Tempest, ZephyrosOmega, BoomerKuwanger1, Ionliosite, GiverOfThePeace, ChocomilkAlex, NotAMarioFan, JJSliderman)

Adventurer that talks too much:

So Excalibur Sonic is 5-A via scaling above 5-B, which makes him pretty close to baseline

Link is almost 500 yottatons

Is it safe to assume any Hax from the Master Sword doesn't apply because Sonic and his energy isn't evil?

ElixirBlue said:
Is it safe to assume any Hax from the Master Sword doesn't apply because Sonic and his energy isn't evil?
Perhaps. But also Link flexes and the shockwaves atomize Sonic due to an over 50x AP advantage

ElixirBlue said:
Can't Sonic use his own Attack reflection on those Light arrows?
Sonic can reflect magical attacks, yes. He can't reflect magical attacks dozens of times stronger than him.

Link isn't almost 500 Yottatons, way back when the calc was first made we accepted Linas recalc in the comments of Cald blog of roughly 12 Yottatons. Still an AP advantage but not as massive as 50×.

Dust Collector said:
Link isn't almost 500 Yottatons, way back when the calc was first made we accepted Linas recalc in the comments of Cald blog of roughly 12 Yottatons. Still an AP advantage but not as massive as 50×.
According to giver he still scales to 496

Giver is wrong, he doesn't scale to 496 at least on this site. Cal didn't use the actual earth to moon distance for his calc so he got inaccurate results and we instead ultimately ended up using Linas recalc in the comments after discussion about the timeframe of the feat. Link still holds a pretty decent AP advantage tho, scaling above a casual 12.7 Yottatons compared to being around the baseline of 2.7, given that Link would only need to be a little under 2 times above Calamity Ganon souls casual feat the 7.5× one shot rule likely applies here anyway.

Works on magic barriers. Not really notable here.

I mean, it worked on Magic barriers.

ElixirBlue said:
Works on magic barriers. Not really notable here.
I mean, it worked on Magic barriers.
Link doesn't really rely on magic barriers and can do the same thing as Daruk's Protection with his shield. The point is it's a non factor

Okay okay, this match can proceed. But playing Devil's Advocate here, the 5-As have the potential of being heavily buffed. That's really all I gotta say lol

well in either case, I still vote Link.

Sonic has a large "hax" wall but most of it is either just fancy CQC or something he never used as Excalibur Sonic. Link has AP, arguably skill, and magic null with Master Sword.

ShakeResounding said:
Okay okay, this match can proceed. But playing Devil's Advocate here, the 5-As have the potential of being heavily buffed. That's really all I gotta say lol </div>
Oh great more potential Sonic wank, smh the 5-As should likely be downgraded lmao

Dust Collector said:
ShakeResounding said:
Okay okay, this match can proceed. But playing Devil's Advocate here, the 5-As have the potential of being heavily buffed. That's really all I gotta say lol </div>
Oh great more potential Sonic wank, smh the 5-As should likely be downgraded lmao
uwu

ZephyrosOmega said:
well in either case, I still vote Link.

Sonic has a large "hax" wall but most of it is either just fancy CQC
Derrailing a little but this is pretty wrong, alot of Sonic's haxes are useful and not fancy CQC at all

In terms of the match I don't have much to say, Excalibur would probaly use either his attack reflection or soul surge the most here, optional equipment would make a considerable diference but I don't know much about this Link

Plus Excalibur should be wayyyyyyyyy above 5-A, need to upgrade him eventualy

Dust Collector said:
Giver is wrong, he doesn't scale to 496 at least on this site. Cal didn't use the actual earth to moon distance for his calc so he got inaccurate results and we instead ultimately ended up using Linas recalc in the comments after discussion about the timeframe of the feat. Link still holds a pretty decent AP advantage tho, scaling above a casual 12.7 Yottatons compared to being around the baseline of 2.7, given that Link would only need to be a little under 2 times above Calamity Ganon souls casual feat the 7.5× one shot rule likely applies here anyway.
Then someone tell him to remove it cause I saw people say that one was accepted.

GiverOfThePeace said:
Anyways Link outskills since Sonic's way of fighting is CQC.
Link might only outskill Sonic in a sword fight, but Sonic isn't no slouche in it either, he beat 3 sword fights who were trained for their entire life in sword fights, and someone who was literaly created for that, plus Excalibur uses way more than just CQC

Anyways even if skill is debatable it doesn't matter because this Link one-shoots so skill is not really important

ElixirBlue said:
It's not limited to only evil people, it works better on demons. But it can affect good people. The master sword literally yeeted Link's soul into the sacred realm in OoT because he wasn't worthy of it yet.

Corgi the Gen Z God said:
GiverOfThePeace said:
Anyways Link outskills since Sonic's way of fighting is CQC.
Sonic's fighting style goes BEYOND h2h combat...
His main gimmick is speed and fighting, as shown in virtually every fight he's in. Even fighting Link with a sword he gets outskilled.

All I'll say is that Sonic's swordsmanship is high enough to not get completely creamed in this fight. After all, he did master swordsmanship within the span of hours. Then used that skill to body the Knights of the Round Table and King Arthur, when he previously couldn't even hold a candle to him.

Link at the age of 4 was already > then every Hryule Soldier and he trained everyday to get better. And he fights people with years of experience + scales to his other incarnations in skill.

Sonic's getting creamed if he attempts to sword duel.

Sonic in hours of training beat royal swordsman trainded their entire lifes, a army of underworld trained in sword fighting, a lengendary king now for his skill he was given Excalibur, etc.

So those people from what I'm getting is = Hyrulian Soliders.

Who Link bodied at 4.

I said his gimmick is speed and fighting, which isn't an understatement it's a broad generalization of his abilities. I didn't say that's all he has to offer but that's the basics of how he fights in principle.

Back