• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He can regenerate from being nearly cut in half, not fully. But at the point he feels that Sonic is about to literally spin dash him in half he's just not going to attempt to block his attacks, or he's just gonna launch him away.
I was referring moreso to the homing attack than the Spin Dash. If Sonic's homing in on him, I don't think there's a lot he can do. At least if the statement of him trying to replicate a sword style as a counter is his way of attempting to counter.

I was referring moreso to the homing attack than the Spin Dash. If Sonic's homing in on him, I don't think there's a lot he can do. At least if the statement of him trying to replicate a sword style as a counter is his way of attempting to counter.
If he realizes Sonic will literally cut him in half (he will) the last thing he's going to do is try to block the attack with his bare hands. He'd block it with his weapons (his staff) of which he can literally freely copy thousands of at his leisure to use as cannon fodder.

If he realizes Sonic will literally cut him in half (he will) the last thing he's going to do is try to block the attack with his bare hands. He'd block it with his weapons (his staff) of which he can literally freely copy thousands of at his leisure to use as cannon fodder.
Does his staffs durability scale above his own? If so, sure, that works. If not, Sonic kinda just saws through it and him.

Does his staffs durability scale above his own? If so, sure, that works. If not, Sonic kinda just saws through it and him.
Yes, they do scale above his durability.

I'd also like to point out that Mori can also use his Yeoui to redirect attacks (he can also do this with his own Martial Arts, using the opponents own power against them + his own power in an attack). So if Sonic tries to attack Mori there's an equal chance Mori just controls his power then flings him away, harming him with his own strength.

Yes, they do scale above his durability.

I'd also like to point out that Mori can also use his Yeoui to redirect attacks (he can also do this with his own Martial Arts, using the opponents own power against them + his own power in an attack). So if Sonic tries to attack Mori there's an equal chance Mori just controls his power then flings him away, harming him with his own strength.
By how much? Is it like, unquantifiable, or is there a value it scales to?

What's the means by which he redirects attacks? Is it an extension of his skill, or is it some esoteric ability.

I don't get how blitzing a teleporter is more impressive than blitzing any other person. Unless he blitzed them WHILE they were teleporting, in which case it is an infinite speed amp. But if you mean he blitzed them before they can activate tp, then it's the same as blitzing any other guy. It does help of course, just didn't make sense to mention it being a teleporter imo.
Nah, he read their teleport and appeared where they were going to appear so fast that they were shocked. Chapter 198. Like azontr said, I worded it a little weirdly.

Unquantifiable in this key.
Well given Sonic starts off with about a 9x AP advantage, and and cleanly cut through robots comparable to him, I'm certain he'd cut through clean it and Mori with any of his notable cutting attacks (i.e. Spin Dash, Homing Attack, etc.)
It means literally what you just said.
I understand what it means, I was referring to the way the ability works. Some people redirect attacks through physical means, some use esoteric magic.
Yeah, then I'm under the impression Sonic will just home attack through the weapon and then Mori.

Yeah, then I'm under the impression Sonic will just home attack through the weapon and then Mori.
Can you show me Sonic ever home-attacking through getting his power redirected somewhere else? It's not exactly something his brand of "lock-on" homing can circumvent without evidence.

I'd also like to bring up a point of Mori just surrounding Sonic in his cloud and vaporizing him with a Black Hole from the inside.

Can you show me Sonic ever home-attacking through getting his power redirected somewhere else? It's not exactly something his brand of "lock-on" homing can circumvent without evidence.
If the means of redirecting his force is by using skill to change his direction via hand movement or other means (Such as a slap ala Dragon Ball style hitting a ki blast to the side), then I strongly disagree with the notion that it can redirect ANY type of attack. Including from forces 9x stronger than yourself that can cut clean through things becoming a living Buzzsaw. If Mori has feats of redirecting such attacks, then I'd concede on that point (Though he may have feats home attacking through stuff that redirects attacks with how many games he has, but I'd have to look).

If the means of redirecting his force is by using skill to change his direction via hand movement or other means (Such as a slap ala Dragon Ball style hitting a ki blast to the side)
No? You're thinking Mori literally slaps it away like Goku, I'm saying Mori literally controls the flow of power like Garou. He's not literally HITTING Sonic away like a ball.

No? You're thinking Mori literally slaps it away like Goku, I'm saying Mori literally controls the flow of power like Garou. He's not literally HITTING Sonic away like a ball.
I'm not caught up with One Punch Man, so I don't know the full extent of his redirection skills, but from what I recall, it had to do with martial arts and hand movements and momentum to transfer the force back (Correct me if I'm wrong. It's been a couple years since I read back on Garou's appearance)? If so, I'd place the same limitation on Garou. I wouldn't say he can redirect forces that are nearly a magnitude above him and have sharp cutting properties either.

Maybe I'd change my mind if I saw a few applications of this redirection? Does he use it often, if so could you send a few scans if you have easy access to them? I'll also look into the profile for it.

I'm not caught up with One Punch Man, so I don't know the full extent of his redirection skills, but from what I recall, it had to do with martial arts and hand movements and momentum to transfer the force back (Correct me if I'm wrong. It's been a couple years since I read back on Garou's appearance)? If so, I'd place the same limitation on Garou. I wouldn't say he can redirect forces that are nearly a magnitude above him and have sharp cutting properties either.
And you would be incorrect. There's a difference between hitting someone away like a ball and using precise hand movements to redirect momentum to a different location. Whether you think that's how it works or not isn't exactly my issue.
Maybe I'd change my mind if I saw a few applications of this redirection? Does he use it often, if so could you send a few scans if you have easy access to them?
I don't have them immediately but I can get them like rn. Hold on.

EDIT: Mori uses his opponent's momentum against them. It's not even really a hand movement, he just needs to let momentum guide him.

Last edited:
And you would be incorrect. There's a difference between hitting someone away like a ball and using precise hand movements to redirect momentum to a different location. Whether you think that's how it works or not isn't exactly my issue.
I think that's bullshit at least in the case of Garou. The only attack redirection that comes to mind was when he fought Tank Top Master, and to do that, he had to get punched in the face himself
OPM-0047-010.jpg

You put Sonic in that situation, and rather than him just getting punched, Sonic saws through his entire head rather than his fist just moving past his face after hitting. The only other attack redirection I recall is him dodging opponents punch and letting the momentum of their own moves cause them to slam into his fist to double the power. Though that wouldn't work in Sonic's case either since he rolls up into a little ball and homes. He'd simply shred through Garou's hand.

Though again, I'm not caught up, so maybe there is different examples of Garou redirecting attacks that would actually work in this case.
EDIT: Mori uses his opponent's momentum against them. It's not even really a hand movement, he just needs to let momentum guide him.
It's... kinda hard to tell what's going on here? It looks like he caught her foot, had a flashback, and then used her momentum to slide under her?

he had to get punched in the face himself
Garou did not HAVE to get punched in the face to execute the attack, he let himself get hit because he was ******* with Tanktop Master.

But even then that misses my point. You are trying to say Mori is knocking away Sonic like say, Goku would a ki blast, by slapping it away. But that's NOT what is happening. He is utilizing Sonic's momentum/flow of power against him- Which is NOT the same as literally knocking him away. Lemme make an attempt to equate this to something.

Sonic is a football. Mori is a footballer- Mori kicks Sonic away. That's what YOU think.

What ACTUALLY happens, is Sonic grazes against Mori's foot and then his momentum/energy is shifted into a different direction. Like a water stream suddenly breaking off to a different way.

A complete difference.
It's... kinda hard to tell what's going on here? It looks like he caught her foot, had a flashback, and then used her momentum to slide under her?
He let her attack touch him then twisted so that her energy would be added to his energy when he kicked.

Garou did not HAVE to get punched in the face to execute the attack, he let himself get hit because he was ******* with Tanktop Master.

But even then that misses my point. You are trying to say Mori is knocking away Sonic like say, Goku would a ki blast, by slapping it away. But that's NOT what is happening. He is utilizing Sonic's momentum/flow of power against him- Which is NOT the same as literally knocking him away. Lemme make an attempt to equate this to something.

Sonic is a football. Mori is a footballer- Mori kicks Sonic away. That's what YOU think.
I haven't believed that's how it works since you elaborated it was not the case the first time.
What ACTUALLY happens, is Sonic grazes against Mori's foot and then his momentum/energy is shifted into a different direction. Like a water stream suddenly breaking off to a different way.

A complete difference.
The issue is, how would Sonic even get to a point where he's "grazing" Mori if he's gonna home for center mass into he cleaves right through him? I don't think the water stream example is getting through to me. I think an example of something closer to a fight was used. Or even another sport analogy.
He let her attack touch him then twisted so that her energy would be added to his energy when he kicked.
Is there any other examples? Because if he lets Sonic touch him for an attack like he let her, he won't be able to shift that momentum as Sonic's quills will cut right through his hand the moment they come into contact.

The issue is, how would Sonic even get to a point where he's "grazing" Mori if he's gonna home for center mass into he cleaves right through him?
Mori can just shift to the side last moment. Sonic's homing attack hasn't been shown to me to be able to shift trajectory so minutely the moment it makes contact with a target.
I don't think the water stream example is getting through to me.
Skill issue.
he won't be able to shift that momentum as Sonic's quills will cut right through his hand the moment they come into contact.
That's not how blades work. You don't cut completely through a substance the instant the tip of your blade comes into contact with the target, so unless Sonic can do that he's not shredding jack.

Mori can just shift to the side last moment. Sonic's homing attack hasn't been shown to me to be able to shift trajectory so minutely the moment it makes contact with a target.
It can adjust its movement up until it DOES hit the target. But yes, after it hits the target, it can't change trajectory. But given its a blitz amp, Sonic will go through Mori before he can make the minute movement, and even if he did make the movement, Sonic will have cut into him.
Skill issue.
😔
That's not how blades work. You don't cut completely through a substance the instant the tip of your blade comes into contact with the target, so unless Sonic can do that he's not shredding jack.
Sonic's not like a "blade", he's like a Buzzsaw or a chainsaw. It means the moment that something makes contact with him, they start getting saw open due to his constant rotation while he's in a ball. So yes, he won't cut entirely through him. He will cut into him tho. And since most of his attacks are blitz amps, Mori can't make any meaningful movements before Sonic DOES cut through him. If he moves BEFORE Sonic makes contact, then his attack simply shifts trajectory to hit him center mass and cuts him in half regardless.

It can adjust its movement up until it DOES hit the target. But yes, after it hits the target, it can't change trajectory. But given its a blitz amp, Sonic will go through Mori before he can make the minute movement, and even if he did make the movement, Sonic will have cut into him.
Mori can react to attacks over 400 times faster than himself via his Instinctive Reactions, so, "blitz-amp" isn't particularly useful.
So yes, he won't cut entirely through him. He will cut into him tho.
If he doesn't cut through Mori completely the instant he comes into contact with him then Mori has ample time to counter.

Mori can react to attacks over 400 times faster than himself via his Instinctive Reactions, so, "blitz-amp" isn't particularly useful.
Does he react in advance? If so, I covered that. If he can actually keep UP with a person via instinctive reaction, he should just outright scale to that person for being able to continuously react to attacks. Or this a weird case where his body can move 400x faster than he can move it conciouslsy?
If he doesn't cut through Mori completely the instant he comes into contact with him then Mori has ample time to counter.
While I don't feel like checking if there's examples of Sonic cutting through something completely before going all the way through it, Sonic can use insta-shield which spawns in a blade of air around him that would just cut right through Mori.
soc3ceo2a.gif

(The white outline that circles around him for a fraction of a second)

Would easily take care of that redirection issue.

Kk. I'll take your word for it. I did plan to read the series at some point since it seems interesting.
Not what's happening in the clip nor what you said it does.
Because Sonic used it when he was like a meter away from the enemy. You can spawn the insta shield around Sonic at any point mid-jump by pressing the a button again UP UNTIL you've already hit the enemy. The slash of air spawns around him yes, but if he's inches away from the enemy, the attack spawns inside the enemy and blows them up. This is why its listed as forcefield negation on his page. Because you can spawn it around Sonic when he's close to a shield to spawn it in the shield to hit the enemy without needing to touch them.

Because Sonic used it when he was like a meter away from the enemy. You can spawn the insta shield around Sonic at any point mid-jump by pressing the a button again UP UNTIL you've already hit the enemy. The slash of air spawns around him yes, but if he's inches away from the enemy, the attack spawns inside the enemy and blows them up. This is why its listed as forcefield negation on his page. Because you can spawn it around Sonic when he's close to a shield to spawn it in the shield to hit the enemy without needing to touch them.
No he didn't. He was literally directly above the enemy when the blade of air shot out.

No he didn't. He was literally directly above the enemy when the blade of air shot out.
Are we looking at the same gif at all? Let me show you the exact frame it came out.
frame_17_delay-0.03s.gif

Does that look like he's right above them or right next to them?

Here's the next frame too just to make it obvious that it's the insta shield
frame_18_delay-0.03s.gif

Still not inches away from them.

Again, when you play 3&K, if you press the a button after jumping when you're right next to the enemy, it will spawn right inside of them and cause them to explode.

So yes, if Sonic uses it when he's right next to Mori, it will spawn in him and cut him in half.

Are we looking at the same gif at all? Let me show you the exact frame it came out.
If you expect me to see the ******* exact frames an extremely small blade comes out in a pixelated gif to hit an extremely small target which is then obscured by smoke then idk wtf you want.
Again, when you play 3&K, if you press the a button after jumping when you're right next to the enemy, it will spawn right inside of them and cause them to explode.
Show me that.

If you expect me to see the ******* exact frames an extremely small blade comes out in a pixelated gif to hit an extremely small target which is then obscured by smoke then idk wtf you want.
Not the exact frame, but it's quite clear if you look at the gif closely that he uses it when he's fairly distanced from the enemy. I can't be the ONLY one who sees that. I have alright eyes, but they ain't crazy.
Show me that.
Honestly, finding a clip of it would be hard. I honestly think it would be easier to just google Sonic 3 & Knuckles since they have so many emulators to test for yourself. If you don't wanna do that tho, I'll go look for a clip now.

but it's quite clear if you look at the gif closely that he uses it when he's fairly distanced from the enemy
It's not.
Honestly, finding a clip of it would be hard. I honestly think it would be easier to just google Sonic 3 & Knuckles since they have so many emulators to test for yourself. If you don't wanna do that tho, I'll go look for a clip now.
I'm not gonna play a game to get evidence you could just give me.

Holy **** I got lucky and found one. God damn people need to use the insta shield more 😔

Here's the frame he uses it and it spawns inside the radio he hit:
Sonic-Knuckles-All-Bosses-No-Damage-0-30-screenshot.png

???

That's not an attack spawning inside somebody that's the thing just ******* blowing up because Sonic hit it

???

That's not an attack spawning inside somebody that's the thing just ******* blowing up because Sonic hit it
He used the insta shield which has a hit box. The insta shield hit the radio and caused it to blow up. There's other clips in the same video if you'd like other examples.

He used the insta shield which has a hit box. The insta shield hit the radio and caused it to blow up.
I know he used the shield- My point is his shield attack did not spawn INSIDE of the thing. I'm no hard-core Sonic fan but even I know when shit gets destroyed in-game, it blows up. Like you don't need to destroy shit from the inside out in these games to get them to blow up.

Like literally 20 something seconds later Eggman's ship does the same damn effect after getting hit a few times and Sonic didn't use the shield then.

I know he used the shield- My point is his shield attack did not spawn INSIDE of the thing. I'm no hard-core Sonic fan but even I know when shit gets destroyed in-game, it blows up. Like you don't need to destroy shit from the inside out in these games to get them to blow up.
That's not the point of the clip. The point is if he's close enough to an enemy, the insta shield or rather slash of enemy starts inside the enemy and circles around Sonic for a split second, cutting around Sonic until it disappears after a rotation.
Like literally 20 something seconds later Eggman's ship does the same damn effect after getting hit a few times and Sonic didn't use the shield then.
Are you saying you think the shield has NO offensive properties? If so, then you NEED to play the game. There's no way I convince you if you think the shield doesn't also hit the enemy. You can EASILY tell it's happening when you play for yourself, and it's even noted on the Sonic news network

That's not the point of the clip. The point is if he's close enough to an enemy, the insta shield or rather slash of enemy starts inside the enemy and circles around Sonic for a split second, cutting around Sonic until it disappears after a rotation.
Literally even the FRAMES you showed me of the enemy blowing up don't show the slash attack starting inside the opponent. That's just straight-up not what happened.
Are you saying you think the shield has NO offensive properties
Not what I said. I said the explosion effect isn't exclusive to the shield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back