• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
4Theuser789 said:
Sonic in hours of training beat royal swordsman trainded their entire lifes, a army of underworld the underworld trained in sword fighting, a lengendary king now for his skill he was given Excalibur, etc.
Which sounds equal to a 4 year old BoTW Link like I pointed out.

Hyrullian soldiers are more like the underworld army who Sonic bodied in hours of using a sword, Sonic also is a very fast learner as well as seen in the game so he can get better in fighting, not also forgetting Excalibur itself is a lengendary sword with thousands of years of experience who guides Sonic

I could also generalize that Link's simply looks for weak spots and strikes them with his arsenal when revealed, generalizarion isn't good

I get you, but Sonic isn't just some stereotypical swordsman. He uses his skills in swordsmanship to tailor to his previous style of fighting anyways, which is quite the unorthodox style mixing a lot of what he knows. I'd agree with you 100% if Sonic was just some other sword-wielding moron lol.

Also gotcha. My fault

@TheUser How are they more like the enderworld army?

From what you've explained royal swordsman trained their entire life.

Which Hyrule Soldiers do exactly that.

Ok Master Sword is also a legendary sword with defo over a thousand of years of experience in itself. Link's a faster learner too.

I don't think you get that what I'm saying via that generalization is that this is gonna end up a CQC, not that Sonic loses due to that fighting style.

Basically the skill feat Sonic has done is impressive, but it's something equivalent to a 4 year old BoTW Link.

You do know Excalibur is actualy sentient right? It talks and guides Sonic, the master sword is not like that

The Royal swordsman trainded they entire lifes and are the best of the best thus getting their sacred swords as well, the underworld army trains their entire undead life in sword fighting

So Excalibur Sonic>>>>>Sonic>>>>>King Arthur>>>>>>>Kingths of the Round Table>>>>>>>underworld army

The Hyrule soldiers are equivalent to the army, while the Knights of the Round Table are superior to all of them being the three best in King Arthur's army

Oh okay

Except Link did that at 4 years and Sonic did it in hours, plus a sentient thousands of years old sword talks and guides him as well

Master Sword has fi technically but I digress.

K so

Screenshot_20190305-153003.jpg

Scan here states he defeated the most seasoned knights, so those are the best of the best.

Sure the fodder Hyrulean Knights can be = to the underworld army but the most seasoned knights sound comparable to the round table.

K so the difference between those two is, one is a four year old child clapping the most seasoned knights and defeating a lynel at the age of 4. The other is 16 with fighting experience in the background while using said sword. Again, it sounds like Sonic's skill feats = 4 year old BoTW Link. Which Endgame BoTW Link is faaaar above in skill.

Sonic also beat King Arthur as well, so while Link only beat Knights Sonic beat their king, which I didn't see Link doing that at 4

Sonic is older yes, but he only had used a sword for hours at most and beat the best of the best and their king choosen by Excalibur before him, while it seems Link was trained ever since birth

So Sonic's skill in a sword isn't that bellow Link, plus his sword actualy helps him as well

Theuser789 said:
Sonic also beat King Arthur as well, so while Link only beat Knights Sonic beat their king, which I didn't see Link doing that at 4
Sonic is older yes, but he only had used a sword for hours at most and beat the best of the best and their king choosen by Excalibur before him, while it seems Link was trained ever since birth

So Sonic's skill in a sword isn't that bellow Link, plus his sword actualy helps him as well
That doesn't at all prove anything, and Link's sword is better than Sonic's

Theuser789 said:

I don't think you understand, a four year old is clapping some of the best knights in the valley and outskilling them. The King of Hyrule isn't a sword fighter. Sonic having it for only a few hours doesn't mean his skill feat is more impressive then 4 year old Link's, naturally someone that's 16 would be able to learn how to use weapons and such far better then a 4 year old. Also nothing states he's trained since birth, it just states that he was born with extreme skill and was clapping the best knights at 4 years of age. Sonic's feat sounds very much comparable, at best you argued him somewhat above a 4 year old BoTW Link in skill which cool, because Endgame BoTW Link >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 4 year old BoTW Link in skill.

Meh, if that's true then so be it, I just wanted to explain Sonic's skill in depth, I can agree with BOTW Link being above Sonic in skill as a swordfighter, tbh my last posts were mostly saying he was at least above 4 year old Link

That still really wouldn't be all that impressive. If Link is only a toddler doing this and didn't even have the real cognitive development he'd have at a later age to completely refine such talent, he'd be massively above those 4, year old showings, therefore transitively still above Sonic by quite a degree in skill.

Also, if this is Excalibur Sonic, he would be incredibly prone to go CQC because that's the whole gimmick of the form and what he tried doing with Caliborn most of the time. It really doesn't change any of the FRA'd Link votes.

Theuser789 said:
Meh, if that's true then so be it, I just wanted to explain Sonic's skill in depth, I can agree with BOTW Link being above Sonic in skill as a swordfighter, tbh my last posts were mostly saying he was at least above 4 year old Link
I never argued against the votes, and my last comment already explained that, skill doesn't even matter because Link would one shoot anyways

Plus there's a high chance of this being outdated anyways

GiverOfThePeace said:
Corgi the Gen Z God said:
GiverOfThePeace said:
Anyways Link outskills since Sonic's way of fighting is CQC.
Sonic's fighting style goes BEYOND h2h combat...
His main gimmick is speed and fighting, as shown in virtually every fight he's in. Even fighting Link with a sword he gets outskilled.
Looks like someone didn't play Black Knight, Sonic the Fighters, and Sonic Battle.

GiverOfThePeace said:
So those people from what I'm getting is = Hyrulian Soliders.
Who Link bodied at 4.

I said his gimmick is speed and fighting, which isn't an understatement it's a broad generalization of his abilities. I didn't say that's all he has to offer but that's the basics of how he fights in principle.
The knights of the round table were Shadow, Knuckles, and Blaze's ancestors. They're more than just a couple of random hyrulien soldiers.

Gtfo out of here with that mess.

GiverOfThePeace said:
GiverOfThePeace said:
Anyways Link outskills since Sonic's way of fighting is CQC.
Sonic's fighting style goes BEYOND h2h combat...
His main gimmick is speed and fighting, as shown in virtually every fight he's in. Even fighting Link with a sword he gets outskilled.
Looks like someone didn't play Black Knight, Sonic the Fighters, and Sonic Battle.
I played them. Much to my displeasure as an adult, but I played them.

The knights of the round table were Shadow, Knuckles, and Blaze's ancestors. They're more than just a couple of random hyrulien soldiers.

Gtfo out of here with that mess.
Why are them being the ancestors of those 3 relevant (how does Shadow even have an ancestor when he's an android)? The hyrulean soldiers being mentioned here are literally mentioned to be seasoned soldiers that have trained their entire life. So unless you have anything that puts their skill gap above your argument is purely argument from incredulity.

Black Knight's entire gameplay is CQC mixed with speed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4g7GreTYd-A

Sonic the Fighters is quite literally the same thing:

https://youtu.be/Kc2YaCwxryk?t=12

Sonic Battle, again, same thing:

https://youtu.be/MiQOJMRsfFs?t=255

I legit don't even get what you're on about, those 3 games prove my point that his entire point of battle is based around speed and CQC.

I was clarifying the idea of Link's improvement and never really made the argument you tried to go against the votes, I was backing the logic behind them.

Playing=/=comprehending the acknowledgement of the abilities Sonic has. Plus I wasn't talking to you.
I acknowledge that all Sonic does in character is be fast martial arts boy. Compare to Shadow or Silver.

Also, Link FRA

Sonic is below Link in Swordsmanship skill but not by much. I'm voting for Link because Link has a lot of Haxes to protect himself that aren't magic based so Sonic can't null them and Game Sonic has no resistance to Time Stop.

I acknowledge that all Sonic does in character is be fast martial arts boy. Compare to Shadow or Silver.

Sonic does wayyyyy more than that, this is kinda of a ignorant take on him, in almost every game he does more than CQC even in character

Theuser789 said:
Sonic does wayyyyy more than that, this is kinda of a ignorant take on him, in almost every game he does more than CQC even in character
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfAqnfgr6n0 - Every Lost World boss: Spindashing and homing attacks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5cKY2afJPo - King Arthur: Running up to him and slashing a lot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lchYZ_YWYg4 - Dark Queen: Flying around and slashing a lot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGduhYN8Ktg - Every Sonic 3 boss: Homing attacks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycVXGGpCC1E - That god awful sonic mobile game: Homing attacks

Is my point clear

Dude no, don't use gameplay to prove that point, even in those games you can use more than CQC

Lost World: Wisps and paralysis

Black Night: Soul Surge

3: Elemental Shields

4(which is not a mobile game lol): this one I will give you that since outside of Tails you can't do much

Meanwhile there's every Wisp in Colors, every skill in Generations, every ability in SA2 like teleportation and time stop, Time Break from Secret Rings

Using your logic of getting gameplay I could just pick one where the player spams Wisps/Time Break/Time Stop, etc.

Teleportation and Time Stop which he doesn't use in character and never used after their respective games

also

Soul Surge: A stronger sword swing

Elemental Shields: Kind of useless against master sword and AP

Don't forget link can always time stop too

Sonic Battle Sonic isn't entirely CQC focused, although it is about 90%.

He does have a shockwave attack and grounded/aerial traps that he can set as a form of battlefield control. Although since this is Excalibur Sonic without Wisps or most of the other super-haxxed things that Sonic normally has, and Link has a huge AP advantage, fighting style is not supremely relevant. Link winning makes sense to me.

Also Sonic Battle is underrated lowkey.

Back