• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Literally even the FRAMES you showed me of the enemy blowing up don't show the slash attack starting inside the opponent. That's just straight-up not what happened.

Not what I said. I said the explosion effect isn't exclusive to the shield.
In the pic I sent you, the insta shield is quite literally overlapping with the radio tower. But alright, here's a more clear shot
Sonic-Knuckles-All-Bosses-No-Damage-5-13-screenshot.png

The insta shield is overlapping with Eggman's mech, and it is receiving damage (Thus why it flashes white)

What does the explosion have to do with anything? My argument was that if you're close to the enemy, the insta shield appears right on the enemy, overlapping with them and causing them to take damage (If it's a boss fight) and blow up (If it's a robot).

OK man I think we just have different ******* eyes or some shit. Cause no matter how hard I look I see literally no "overlap" as you say.

OK man I think we just have different ******* eyes or some shit. Cause no matter how hard I look I see literally no "overlap* as you say.
How can you not see it 😭

Look in the last pic I just sent. Half of the insta shields animation is covered up by the bricks that make up that mech Eggman is in. It's overlapped by the mech and it causes damage to Eggman's mech.

Here's another frame where Sonic uses the insta shield to extend his reach to a boss he can't usually reach which ends up being the finishing blow. You can see the sprite for the insta shield overlapping the bottom of the egg mobile:
Sonic-Knuckles-All-Bosses-No-Damage-9-27-screenshot.png

Wait that's what you were talking about?

Bruh

The blade grazing against the BAREST ******* layer of pixels on an object isn't the thing ******* SPAWNING inside of the object. How you can interpret it as that bewilders me

Wait that's what you were talking about?

Bruh

The blade grazing against the BAREST ******* layer of pixels on an object isn't the thing ******* SPAWNING inside of the object. How you can interpret it as that bewilders me
I had to pick a super visible shot that barely grazes the pixel because you kept saying you couldn't see it in every other shot. The barrier quite literally poofs into existence around Sonic. And if you're right next to Sonic, the shield spawns in you, and then circles around Sonic, causing damage to the enemy. It quite literally cuts into the enemy and then disappears after circling around Sonic once.

The barrier quite literally poofs into existence around Sonic. And if you're right next to Sonic, the shield spawns in you, and then circles around Sonic, causing damage to the enemy.
Okay, this is the process I'm not seeing no matter how many clips you show me. I see the blade spawning out of nowhere yes but I am not seeing it simply spawn into enemies that Sonic is very close to.

Okay, this is the process I'm not seeing no matter how many clips you show me. I see the blade spawning out of nowhere yes but I am not seeing it simply spawn into enemies that Sonic is very close to.
This is why I said playing it would be better. It's understand when you're playing it yourself. I'll do my best to describe what's happening.

Jump button is A. Pressing A while you're mid jump summons a shockwave blade in front of Sonic that disappears after circling around him once. The blade based on eyeballing is prolly arouuuund 50ish centimeters in width. So anything 50 centimeters away from Sonic or closer will be hit by the extra reach of the insta shield. However, if you use this attack when near an enemy, the animation of the insta shield starts inside the enemy and causes them to blow up. Though if it's a boss fight, they instead just take damage (Since one-shotting a boss would make it too easy ofc). Another way to put it is if you're 25cm away from Sonic rather than 50 cm, the insta shield starts inside of you, and cuts its way out to circle Sonic as it's meant to. Because it cuts whatever it touches.

W/e.

For now, we'll go under the assumption it's a thing that happens and call it there. I already made my vote for Mori and you presumably for Sonic so we'll let the voting progress based on the variables brought up.

W/e.

For now, we'll go under the assumption it's a thing that happens and call it there. I already made my vote for Mori and you presumably for Sonic so we'll let the voting progress based on the variables brought up.
If you're willing to accept it's a thing that happens, then it hard counters Mori trying to redirect Sonic jumping at him since Sonic can just decide to use the insta shield to instantly cut through him.

I'm still neutral tho, not voting for Sonic yet. I usually don't vote since I have a bias towards Sonic.

If you're willing to accept it's a thing that happens, then it hard counters Mori trying to redirect Sonic jumping at him since Sonic can just decide to use the insta shield to instantly cut through him.
Which gets hard-countered by Mori just doing literally anything else but redirecting Sonic or touching him. He has several other options to just not touch Sonic, like just shattering with vibrations or spawning a black hole directly on top of him.

Which gets hard-countered by Mori just doing literally anything else but redirecting Sonic or touching him. He has several other options to just not touch Sonic, like just shattering with vibrations or spawning a black hole directly on top of him.
Which one does he do first? You keep switching the goalposts here

He doesn't do either of them. Other characters he summons quite quickly into the fight do.
What does he start with in-character. You're making this very complex. Every time I assert a counter to one of Mori's techniques that Sonic has, Mori suddenly has some other move that he'd use instead?

Because he... has info analysis which instantly informs him of the opponent's abilities and how to counter them? This has been brought up several times before already, it's not new.
I think this ability is being HEAVILY overplayed. The way its being described makes it sound like just looking at his enemy knows EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEIR movies, and how to counter them.

But on his profile, the only example of this info analysis is just Mori making a prediction of how a dudes technique works AFTER seeing it being used

Is there showings that aren't on the profile or something? If so, they really should be added.

I think this ability is being HEAVILY overplayed. The way its being described makes it sound like just looking at his enemy knows EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEIR movies, and how to counter them.
And I think you are heavily downplaying it. Immediately deciphering the activation conditions and nature of one's ability with no other information to go off besides "He makes a lot of Fire" is basically the same thing as looking at someone and knowing their abilities.

The abilities don't exactly have to be visibly in use for this to happen, since he was able to simply look at someone fight and without anything else to go off and with the various options of what ability it could've been, he accurately deciphered that someone's ability was precognition that allowed them to see 5-6 seconds in the future.

None of them do but then again I don't remember this ever being brought up in the debate shrug
I believe it was mentioned on both page 1 AND 2.
And I think you are heavily downplaying it. Immediately deciphering the activation conditions and nature of one's ability with no other information to go off besides "He makes a lot of Fire" is basically the same thing as looking at someone and knowing their abilities.

The abilities don't exactly have to be visibly in use for this to happen, since he was able to simply look at someone fight and without anything else to go off and with the various options of what ability it could've been, he accurately deciphered that someone's ability was precognition that allowed them to see 5-6 seconds in the future.
No it isn't. Like AT ALL. It is very deceptive to argue that as the case. Standing there and knowing every single thing about your opponent despite them not making a single move is significantly better than accurately predicting what someone's ability is by watching them use it a few times (or once? The scans in the profile make it hard to tell).

Which is still good, don't get me wrong, but it's not what I felt it was being made out to be here. It sounded like people were arguing the moment the match starts, Mori has full knowledge of every single one of Sonic's moves in his entire kit just by a quick glance. When he actually has to observe them fight, from which he can then deduce what their move is. And that's just one technique, Sonic has numerous techniques.

That said, does Mori resist layered time stop?

I believe it was mentioned on both page 1 AND 2.
I stopped following this thread after a certain point and only recently regained interest, I don't exactly remember what was argued.

If Sonic starts with this then the match is a stomp and I'm not going to respond to the bulk of your post, because there'd be no point (unless you wanna continue to argue that somewhere else which is cool with me).
That said, does Mori resist layered time stop?
I literally just said no. You quoted the message in which I said no.
Sonic also have sound manipulation to stun Mori in short range
Wouldn't work, blowing Mori's eardrums out or even damaging his brain with Soundwave doesn't harm him.

I stopped following this thread after a certain point and only recently regained interest, I don't exactly remember what was argued.

If Sonic starts with this then the match is a stomp and I'm not going to respond to the bulk of your post, because there'd be no point (unless you wanna continue to argue that somewhere else which is cool with me).
Ah, fair enough. If I'm being honest, I mostly continued arguing just because you were here. Track record and what not.

Fortunately he's not Shadow and doesn't start with Chaos Control. However, he does use it if he needs to. Or rather when things get tricky or he's in a tough spot. If Mori really does just redirect all his attacks which still just sounds like a bunch barnacles, Sonic would just freeze him and go for the kill. But I think it wouldn't come to that, because Mori's info analysis isn't as busted as it was being made out to be. After Sonic has fought, he'd start figuring out his moves, but Sonic would still need to fight for a bit before Mori can pick up on everything. So I'm stilling betting on him cutting Mori in two, whether that be via homing attack, or insta shield. If worst comes to worst, he just pauses time and cuts him to pieces.

Ah, fair enough. If I'm being honest, I mostly continued arguing just because you were here. Track record and what not.

Fortunately he's not Shadow and doesn't start with Chaos Control. However, he does use it if he needs to. Or rather when things get tricky or he's in a tough spot. If Mori really does just redirect all his attacks which still just sounds like a bunch barnacles, Sonic would just freeze him and go for the kill. But I think it wouldn't come to that, because Mori's info analysis isn't as busted as it was being made out to be. After Sonic has fought, he'd start figuring out his moves, but Sonic would still need to fight for a bit before Mori can pick up on everything. So I'm stilling betting on him cutting Mori in two, whether that be via homing attack, or insta shield. If worst comes to worst, he just pauses time and cuts him to pieces.
If he doesn't start with Chaos Control then I'll respond to the bulk of your last post in a moment because you saying his info analysis "isn't as busted" as it was made out to be is frankly complete and utter horse shit.

If he doesn't start with Chaos Control then I'll respond to the bulk of your last post in a moment because you saying his info analysis "isn't as busted" as it was made out to be is frankly complete and utter horse shit.
Nah, not right away. But he'd be willing to use it early if necessary. And if what I said is bullshit, the info analysis on his profile needs to be overhauled, because the scans in there don't prove shit for what it was being made out to be.

Laser is right, I'm about to pop off (violently), so I'll call debating off for the night and return with my arguments tomorrow once I've calmed.

I feel you should at least wait for Azontr to post their arguments tomorrow before requesting that.
I mean technically my arguments are only in response to you, not really anything that has bearing on the whole of the debate or things brought up in the past.

I mean technically my arguments or only in response to you, not really anything that has bearing on the whole of the debate or things brought up in the past.
Oh, then nvm ig. You could dm me the argument in that case. Unless you wanna send it here for future reference or smth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back