• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kirby General Discussion Thread (fun edition)

Can you not be pretentious? There is nothing wrong with not seeing something be part of a series when someone claims it w/o evidence, this being a "deluxe stand-alone format" better fits into it being its own thing rather than canon, and what I said about the commentary by Shinya Kumazaki & the last thing I said didn't age poorly in any way.
No surprised honestly. I have noticed that Kirby fans in this thread have awful standards in general.

In general, Kirby fans are a reason to be attentive to the downsides of internet culture and to not believe everything seen & listened online. Unless you're up for the fun and don't care about accuracy. In this site, we are welcoming to everyone, which will always be ok, but never let repeated things you judge as bad overwhelm you, at worst for every 20 things you may easily disagree with there also will be some out there well done, trying to fix bad things, or prevent them.

It is like most pop culture with powerful characters anyway should dedede have fire manipulation and ice manipulation from his forgotten land fights or do we assume he was given them somehow

It is like most pop culture with powerful characters anyway should dedede have fire manipulation and ice manipulation from his forgotten land fights or do we assume he was given them somehow
I think it'd be best to wait a little bit on that to see if it'll be an ability he keeps, like how Meta Knight kept his wind manip/earth manip/geokinesis from Star Allies in Forgotten Land.

Not to mention I think Dedede already has ice manip so that might be redundant.

I updated Fecto's profile today with that as proposed by Cal in a thread. It's sufficiently likely for Dedede to not have this for his profile to not have it.

"It was afternoon in Dream Land, and a fresh spring breeze was blowing.

A trio ran along a footpath through the grassy plains. Leading them was Kirby. Immediately behind him was King Dedede. Trailing was Bandanna Waddle Dee.

Kirby carried a shortcake above his head.An anxious King Dedede shouted to him, “Be careful with that, Kirby! Don’t run so fast. If you trip, you’re in for it!

Aww, I’ll be fine!” Kirby was in a merry mood. He seemed to soar as he ran.

Bandanna Waddle Dee had made the shortcake. It was to be his majesty’s snack for today. King Dedede planned to keep it all to himself; unfortunately, Kirby discovered the cake when he came over to play. A joyous Kirby proposed they eat it together on the hill, since the weather was so nice today.

Who says you get to eat my snack?!” the king responded bitterly, but his objections were overruled, and it was decided they would have a picnic to share it.

Kirby and King Dedede’s shouts resounded across the plains. Meta Knight, hearing them, glanced over with a look of annoyance.

He had been reading under the shade of a tree. It had been a while since he’d last left his battleship, the Halberd, and his subordinates for some time alone; he’d planned to spend a quiet holiday in Dream Land, however…

It’s awfully noisy here.” Beneath his mask, he wore a wry smile."

the beginning of the novel i mentioned above. Clearly doesn't contradict canon. For now at least

"
Only Meta Knight stayed put, his eyes fixed on the strange symbols playing over the ship’s screen.

He whispered, his voice low, “Is that…the language of the Ancients…?
"

OH SH-

Well at the current point it does seem to fit in well with the Mia Takase series more than the real series. There is a contradiction in the second chapter sadly. Well at the same time we get an extra story for the mia takase novels. I wonder whether or not we get a feat here

the beginning of the novel i mentioned above. Clearly doesn't contradict canon. For now at least
Well, let's not work by those standards or normalize them, since you don't know how may take them seriously. As we know, it doesn't need to contradict canon, it needs to be proven to be canon for people to take that into account in an unbiased manner. and those are not the things to look for.

Well, let's not work by those standards or normalize them, since you don't know how may take them seriously. As we know, it doesn't need to contradict canon, it needs to be proven to be canon for people to take that into account in an unbiased manner. and those are not the things to look for.
Either way it's not canon as I said above. I just wanted to prove a point

Hello everyone!

I'm new here in vsbattles and it's been very fascinating this whole stuff about Kirby's powers, it's amazing how much people care about exact data about these characters since well, I'm pretty much the same, I love talking about the lore, capabilities, feats, anything that draws my attention.

But anyway, my business here is something I'm starting to regret, you see, my lil sister is in astrological classes and they put her to make up a fake planet with specific exact data or properties of the planet, she asked for my help and said it was fine to use an existing fictitious planet even if it's from a video game, being Kirby's 30th anniversary I thought I could use Popstar as an example.

But oh boy, I wasn't expecting to get into a rabbit hole about how unreal this planet is!

I don't know if this is the right place to ask and I don't expect a reply right away or someone to take this seriously, it's my issue after all but I will definitely be grateful if anyone can help me with some questions about the planet.

I had been doing research for 3 days and I can barely answer some of the questions I have for the homework, we got a deadline so the faster the better but I will understand if this is not the right place to ask or anything, this whole webpage seems to be very serious with posting, commenting and such, never saw something like that online so my apologizes in advance if I missed out any guidelines.

Last edited:
Hello everyone!

I'm new here in vsbattles and it's been very fascinating this whole stuff about Kirby's powers, it's amazing how much people care about exact data about these characters since well, I'm pretty much the same, I love talking about the lore, capabilities, feats, anything that draws my attention.

But anyway, my business here is something I'm starting to regret, you see, my lil sister is in astrological classes and they put her to make up a fake planet with specific exact data or properties of the planet, she asked for my help and said it was fine to use an existing fictitious planet even if it's from a video game, being Kirby's 30th anniversary I thought I could use Popstar as an example.

But oh boy, I wasn't expecting to get into a rabbit hole about how unreal this planet is!

I don't know if this is the right place to ask and I don't expect a reply right away or someone to take this seriously, it's my issue after all but I will definitely be grateful if anyone can help me with some questions about the planet.

I had been doing research for 3 days and I can barely answer some of the questions I have for the homework, we got a deadline so the faster the better but I will understand if this is not the right place to ask or anything, this whole webpage seems to be very serious with posting, commenting and such, never saw something like that online so my apologizes in advance if I missed out any guidelines.
Use a star wars planet instead.

Popstar is around 34k km in radius and it completely doesn't fit the criteria of planets at all. Due it's size it should be a circle and yet it isn't. It has a moon and yet it seems to be orbited or at least is related to a small moon-sized sun. The planet's hard exterior is always visible even from space and yet the planet is covered in grass and oceans and normal clouds. The planet has two large rings which contrain thousands of pseudo-stellar objects such as small star-shaped celestial bodies and galaxy-like objects. It also has many small star-shaped objects in its vicinity while real stars, planets and galaxies exist in the kirby universe too. Finally the planet shines brighter than most stars whilst not having any light source and is at the edge of the milky way. It is also filled to the brin with resources

Oh wow! I wasn't expecting such replies this fast! I really appreciate that since I have limited time due to work and I see, all is useful info, thank you Arceus0x and Eficiente!

I'm just checking the link and yeah, I should had used a planet from Star Wars since they probably do care about those details, heck I guess even Aliens and Dune are more consistent and realistic than Kirby's cosmic universe lol.

For the sake of making my sis's HW faster I will share the questions, I don't hope you guys can help with all of them but anything is highly appreciated, I will search for another planet if needed but at this point, I had invested days of research on Popstar so I'm also a ********* for taking this as a challenge but it's not really the priority, if you guys believe its better to look somewhere else I will, for now, I will share the questions and answers I gave about Popstar, be free to correct me if anything is wrong of course, I ran on multiple wikis and gameplay videos for making any sense in the real facts of the planet.

This project is supposed to be done on a PowerPoint project slideshow and of course, I must adapt it to be presentable, even with pics or content of the game if the questions demand it but with just the answers to each question, it's good enough for me to work.

Since it's supposed to be a made-up planet that can give us some creativity even if is not canonically true about Popstar, or maybe spare us laziness and just say X thing is similar to Earth as long each question can be answered properly.

Also, I'm now aware some of the later questions can be easily answered and you can spare them if you guys want or see it fit, I was hard stuck with the first ones that I didn't even bother to check the rest at all, I just realized how simple they are while transcribing the whole thing lol.

Slide #1
1) What is the name of your planet?

A: Popstar.

2) What position does it hold to it's Sun? (1st planet, 4th planet from the Sun)

A: Its sun orbits around the planet itself, a small moon-sized sun, 2nd place of the planet’s system, the first one being its moon.

3) What kind of planet is it? (gas, rocky, wet, dry, ice, etc)

A: Rocky and wet.

4) Are there any orbiting bodies or satellites? (moons, rings, etc)

A: The planet has other celestial bodies orbiting around if like a sun is about, the closest planet is considered its moon, the planet also has two large rings like gas giants.

Slide #2
5) How big is your planet? How strong is the gravity?

A: 20132.36km??? (I'm not really sure about this one)

6) What is the rotational period?

A: 24 hours (I assume this since it's very similar to Earth and I haven't found any specific info to answer to this)

7) What is the orbital period?

A: 365 days.

8) What is the distance from the Sun? (affects the temperatures, climate)

A: As presumably at the second position of the planet’s system, yet the distance can variates from time to time or because of some events.

Slide #3
9) What kind of landscape is there? (oceans, land, dry or fertile, other ecosystems)

A: Oceans, land, rich fertile soils, and ecosystems.

10) Are there any volcanoes, earthquakes, floods, droughts, or other natural disasters?

A:

11) Are there plants or animals on the planet? What are they? Show a Food Wed! (who eats what and what eats who)

A:

12) What are the habitats to live in? How has life adapted to life there?

A:

Slide #4
13) What is the climate like? (hot, cold, etc)

A:

14) What is the weather like? (storms, winds, etc.) Are there seasons?

A:

15) Is there water on the planet? (ice, water, steam)

A:

16) Is there atmosphere air to breathe? What is it composed of? (oxygen, nitrogen, etc...)

A:

Slide #5
17) What are the aliens like? What do they look like?

A:

18) how do they communicate, move around, eat, etc.?

A:

19) Are there cities or buildings? How do they travel around the planet?

A:

20) What is their level of development? (social organization, environment usage)

A:

10) Are there any volcanoes, earthquakes, floods, droughts, or other natural disasters?

A:
They are volcanoes and eruptions, they presumably had the rest.
11) Are there plants or animals on the planet? What are they? Show a Food Wed! (who eats what and what eats who)

A:
Yes, of all kind. Meat being a common food item implies people there eat animals, and a chef character is implied to want to cook bird characters. There's also a clan parasitic of tarantula-like beings who leech power from other life-forms until they are weak enough to be controlled, then kill them off and take over their bodies (See Sectonia's profile). Kirby famously eats foes, but that doesn't kill them somehow.
12) What are the habitats to live in? How has life adapted to life there?

A:
Everyone's lazy and friends with each other.
Slide #4
13) What is the climate like? (hot, cold, etc)

A:
Like Earth, it depends on the area of the planet.
14) What is the weather like? (storms, winds, etc.) Are there seasons?

A:
Same as Earth, same seasons as they have spring.
15) Is there water on the planet? (ice, water, steam)

A:
All of the above.
16) Is there atmosphere air to breathe? What is it composed of? (oxygen, nitrogen, etc...)

A:
Yes, humans can go there such as Ado and Adeleine.
Slide #5
17) What are the aliens like? What do they look like?

A:
They're around 20 cm or somewhat bigger due to the latter being Kirby's size, him being the main character. Most lack detailed hands, and lack legs while instead having round foots coming from their bodies.
18) how do they communicate, move around, eat, etc.?

A:
Waddle Dees, common beings living there, lack mouths and speak using onomatopoeia, but others can sense what they say. Everyone can also write and read. They walk and eat like normal humans.
19) Are there cities or buildings? How do they travel around the planet?

A:
Yes, money can be used to build more things. They use Warp Stars to move around large distances.
20) What is their level of development? (social organization, environment usage)

A:
Similar to our society in the 2000s, but with them being able to build rockets that can fly into space, machines that can clone others, and spaceships made for war. Capitalists say that the planet has a wealth of natural resources, but that all who live in the world take that wealth for granted. They don't do anything notable with the environment.

Last edited:
Goodness! Thank you so so so much! this is all really helpful and I'm amazed that you even put links with proof about all the answers!

I know you had done so much for me but I do wanna be sure if the questions I answered (from 1 to 9) are actually correct, there are ones like the gravitational force one, the distance of the sun related to Popstar, other satellites and such.

also
I meant habitat as the planet's environment and how life adapted but I can correct this one as "From forests to volcanic zones, ice freezing areas and large bodies of water, there are considerable lots of species that live and exists in each part of the planet"

Overall everything else is golden in my opinion, if there is anything I need to change I can refer to the link you gave me before, again thank you so much guys! I will let you know what they say about this project later on lol.

I answered (from 1 to 9) are actually correct, there are ones like the gravitational force one, the distance of the sun related to Popstar, other satellites and such.
The 2º it's unknown, they never show it and the first link in a comment before has another link saying that Popstar has many stars. That goes into the 4º too. Below that part in the blog there is a part going over its size, say that it's often shown to be somewhat bigger than other planets but not but much. For the rest, say that similarities to Earth can be assumed.

Good luck with that.

So now we have a supporting 4-B feat and a legit calc to support multi-stellar. Amazing work man
I gotta do an edit though because I was talking with a CGM about it and they suggested I use the mass of the sun since I used the diameter of the sun

Aight so tier 2 might get yoinked soon, as in there's discussion about No-context destruction of multiple universes becoming 3-A/High 3-A. I don't want this to affect us so let's make sure to be ready to defend our puffboy as we do have Magolor affecting AD which is higher dimensional and the fact that the other universes are space time continuums.

I really don't think I agree with this, but Kirby and Sonic should realistically be unnafected (at least in thier highest keys), so idc. It's just funny that the Wiki deems it easier to downgrade almost every tier 2 verse to tier 3 than they do to give tier 1 to a Kirby cosmogical structure.

Back