• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kingdom Hearts: KH and Zeus are a lie plus KH (World) upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobsican

He/Him
From this thread the KH guys (including myself) had a lot of talk regarding the current status on tiering of the series and how Melody of Memory made us notice a notable flaw in the scaling.
Basically, Ansem back in KHI wasn't amped by KH to begin with, in fact, when he tries to do so, it just finishes him up out of being light, it doesn't help that the calc over KH is below the Zeus calc, and there's no legitimate reason to scale this feat to the cast, let alone Zeus' physical stats to begin with, so the current tier 4 stuff is overall a no.

Now, over tier 3, the same kinda applies, Xehanort never actually used the full power of true KH, and so it can't scale to anyone.
However, true KH should be 2-C, as...
  • Xehanort's Goal was to rewrite the concepts of Light & Darkness and remake the world. It wasn't just remaking the material world, but resetting Light and Darkness to make them equal, which due to the absurdity of this would requiring affecting both realms, which in prior threads was referred to as 2-C prior. Especially since he refers to both realms & Xehanort refers to world when referring to it being remade as being the Greater World and far more than merely the material world but all the Realms [Light, Darkness, Between] : "At present, the lanes and corridors that run between the worlds may only be traversed by us Keyblade wielders, and those who have given themselves over to darkness. As the former, our duty is to cross the chasms between worlds and guard against the latter, whose darkness corrupts and contaminates, so that no world need ever be lost again.Few Keyblade wielders remain now; I have heard of but a handful of others outside my circle. But the World is vast, and more of our kind may be out there.Now, in addition to the realm of light in which we reside, there is also a realm of darkness, and the realm between which connects the two. The realm of darkness is most forbidden; I am told none who set foot there have ever returned."
  • Both Re:Mind and Base KH3 refers to Light & Darkness being impossible to live without the other . In other words if her were to remake the Realm of Light , it would have to remake the Realm of Darkness as well, in other words a jointed feat of 2-C.
With that being said, the tiers the cast will end up afterwards shouldn't be below 7-A+ per this calc we managed to get, an High 6-A end can also be used thanks to an specification over the manga, which may be usable as a secondary canon per this statement:

–I want there to be manga and short stories about Organization XIII before they were Nobodies, like those of Roxas’s time afterwards with Hayner and company.
Nomura: First of all, considering manga and short stories, since they’re made when the author’s requests, saying ‘I want to write this’, this isn’t the place to ask for them. Therefore, there’s a possibility if that opinion comes from the writer’s side of it. However, it is dangerous because what is drawn upon in future games may end up conflicting with it. Because of that, if they decide not to do those parts of the game, then maybe it’ll happen.

For the record, there's also this High 6-B calc that seems to have been rejected out of sheer dubiousness, and finally, there's also the 5-A feat over Xehanort moving the moon, which most likely will only scale to top tiers.

Last edited:
To help throw my hat into the ring, was Hercules throwing the Titans into space ever calced? This was a base Hercules and it appears this was him going all out in this state. Maybe this can give us a basis of what tier best suits the KH verse
TBH Sora did the main fight against the titans as seen in the secondary canon VN, so it could be used, yes.
It also helps to have a reasonable early-game baseline tiering for the cast, for the most part at least.

I agree with 2-c true kingdom hearts.

I'm fine with flat out possibly or likely for the large planet feat, given that Matthew has informed me he as fine with it as well (the feat being applicable)

Agree for now for removing zeus

Also, Zeus should only keep High 4-C via telekinesis, perhaps he should scale physically to 5-A for now, otherwise the tier the titans calc ends up with

I don't think so, except maybe Woody and Buzz durability wise as the movies are canon to them.
Actually, as they get injured by the stuff in their world, they can be 9-C in general now that I think about it.

Oh well, to get somewhere in the meantime, maybe we can start talking over which should scale to the highest stuff
The group did this kind of draft with the scaling chain, scaling from the lowest feat we currently have for the main cast at 7-A+/High 6-A:

Master of Masters > Luxu > Foretellers >? Union X Protag >? Yozora = Sora (Post Remind) > Data X-Blade Xehanort > X-Blade Xehanort > Sora (End KH3) > 13 Keys Xehanort/Seekers of Darkness fusion > Base Xehanort > Terra > Terranort >= Lingering Will > Guardians of Light and Seekers (Keyblade Graveyard) >= Keyblade Graveyard Kairi > Sora > Anti Aqua >= Riku (KH3) > Xehanort >= Terra (Post Darkness and Eraqus Heart) > Terra (Darkness) > Aqua (Peak) >= Ventus (Peak) > Ventus-Vanitas/X-Blade Vanitas >> Vanitas = Terra = Aqua = Ven >= Riku (DDD) = Sora (DDD) > Young Xehanort > Ansem (DDD) = Xemnas (DDD) > Mickey > Twilight Xemnas >= Sora (Post Roxas fight) and Riku (Post Ansem-Riku)> Armored Xemnas > Base Xemnas > Roxas (Dual Keyblade) > Sora (Pre Roxas Fight) > Riku (End CoM) > Ansem > Riku Replica > Xion > Lexaeus > Sora (End CoM) > Axel>= Marluxia > Saïx > Xigbar > Luxord > Larxene > Demyx > Zexion > Vexen > Sora (Intial CoM) > Roxas (Day 1) = Sora (half power) > World of Chaos Ansem > Base Ansem > Riku-Ansem > Dragon Maleficent > Maleficent > Hollow Bastion Riku > Hollow Bastion Sora (Pre Riku fight) > Arendelle/Atlantica Sora

This scaling chain is still subject to change (Namely because we don't know where to place Data-Sora and Sora's Heartless yet, but they should scale to the 7-A+ stuff at absolute worst, and Darkness messing up scaling by being able to be a formidable foe to Ephemer and others, which should be at least around the level of Union X Protag, which Sora defeated in Re:Mind, also Maleficent putting a good fight with Lauriam before she even traveled back to the present in KHII), but overall, it seems that the tier 5 stuff should scale to those that are in Lingering Will's level or above out of being consistent with Re:Mind. In this Sora-amped Kairi and Mickey also are to be included by technicalicity, and the other guardians of light can seemingly downscale by being able to keep up with multiple Xehanorts together in Re:Mind, with Mickey, Xion and Aqua even being able to shield everyone from them with Reflega (Which reminds me, Mickey and Xion need to have Forcefield Creation added later, if they don't have it already)

Last edited:
"(Which reminds me, Mickey and Xion need to have Forcefield Creationa added later, if they don't have it already)"

They don't have it already. Would it be alright for me to add it?

Terranort being below Terra seems odd since he's the fusion of both Terra and Xehanort, also Post-Remind Sora got bodied by Terranort iirc, Xehanort shouldn't be below Sora since Sora's full power he just casually swatted away and he only lost to trinity limit, which is a combined attack of Sora, Donald, and Goofy + all of his friends Sora should also be above Yozora since it's pretty much confirmed Sora winning is the correct ending. Yozora also shouldn't be that high in the first place.

The scaling should realistically go
Master of Masters > Luxu > Foretellers >? Union X Protag > Trinity Amp Sora > Data X-Blade Xehanort > X-Blade Xehanort > 13 Keys Xehanort/Seekers of Darkness fusion >? Terranort > Lingering Will > Sora (Post-Remind) > Sora (End KH3) > Sora (Yozora Fight) >? Base Xehanort > Terra > 13 Seekers of Darkness = Guardians of Light and Seekers (Keyblade Graveyard) > Ventus-Vanitas/X-Blade Vanitas > Anti Aqua > Sora (His Peak in anything not KH 3) > Sora (Post Roxas fight) and Riku (Post Ansem-Riku)> Armored Xemnas > Base Xemnas > Sora (End CoM) > Riku (End CoM) > Ansem > Riku Replica > Xion > Lexaeus > Axel>= Marluxia > Saïx > Xigbar > Luxord > Larxene > Demyx > Zexion > Vexen > Sora (Intial CoM) > Roxas (Day 1) = Sora (half power) > World of Chaos Ansem > Base Ansem > Riku-Ansem > Dragon Maleficent > Maleficent > Hollow Bastion Riku > Hollow Bastion Sora (Pre Riku fight) > Atlantica Sora

It should be reminded that characters repeat strength a lot in KH which is why I got rid of some of the DDD or KH 2 stuff, nothing really implies they got stronger from DDD's ending to KH 3, especially since KH 3 takes place right after DDD & 0.2.

I think also Yozora fight Sora might be too high on the list but meh. I also took off Kairi cause I have legit no clue where to put her, she could barely contend with Xion and was getting slapped around by Xehanort without his keyblade.

Terra being below Lingering Will is weird as he's totally recompleted once more, as a Nobody holds about half of the power of a Somebody, at least somewhat according to this, also, per what Terra tells Riku in Re:Mind, he shouldn't be far behind as he has nothing left to teach him.
Oh, and Terranort isn't really stronger than Terra, as Terra is usually trying to go against what Xehanort wants to do with his body.

Last edited:
Oh, and Terranort isn't really stronger than Terra, as Terra is usually trying to go against what Xehanort wants to do with his body.
That doesn't really prove he's weaker, that shows he has less control, his innate strength is far beyond Terra's since it's a fusion.

"nothing really implies they got stronger from DDD's ending to KH 3, especially since KH 3 takes place right after DDD & 0.2."

I agree with that.

Thank you for the evaluations.

So, do we have sufficient input to apply this, or should we wait a bit longer?

We still need some more specific conclusions on how to tier each particular case beyond the downgrades
For example, would the cast go from "At least High 4-C, possibly 3-A" to "At least High 6-A, possibly 5-A"?

Please remind me with a summary of the reasons for such a change.

We still need some more specific conclusions on how to tier each particular case beyond the downgrades
For example, would the cast go from "At least High 4-C, possibly 3-A" to "At least High 6-A, possibly 5-A"?
I think it's agreed this is only given to end game KH 3 cast and characters like Kairi only get "possibly far higher"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back