• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kingdom Hearts: Light and Darkness CRT

I recently saw a bit of people confused regarding how some of the Kingdom Hearts stuff works, so I will take this opportunity to talk about the elements that are at the center of most of this doubts, aka Light and Darkness.

I was planning on making this revision a lot longer and more in depth, but I have been really busy this past few days, so I apologize if most of the arguments have already been made. At the end of the day, this was already indirectly accepted in the two cosmology upgrades, but since some users requested this to be properly accepted in a revision, this CRT will serve as a reference, if accepted obviously.

The vast majority of the references are actually already in the blogs dedicated to the verse, so I will just link to the specific note or point of interest. It might be redundant to some degree, but all the statements needed for this are already accepted and as such I will use those and some other references in this revision.

So, as already established multiple times in previous threads, everything in Kingdom Hearts is made up of Light and Darkness, with both this elements being half of everything in existence. This is literal, given that Xehanort’s plan to get rid of Darkness was to turn the entire cosmology into a void of Light, devoid of any Darkness, which in the process would have erased everything from existence and even more importanti is that a realm that lacks both Light and Darkness is straight up called “nothing”, with the specification that the void is not even Darkness, but something that lacks everything to begin with.

It’s also important to note that, as stated countless time in the series, everything in the KH verse have a Heart. People, Worlds, datas and even objects have one, and when something or someone loses their Hearts they stop existing. This can be seen with Worlds since if they loses their Heart they are completely destroyed (as seen in KHI), and with people too since when they lose their Hearts they are erased, with their body fading from existence, and only if someone has a strong Heart this body can turn into the non-existent Nodobies, creature made of nothingness. And all of this is important because, as explained numerous times in the series, Hearts are made of both Light and Darkness.

I explained all of this because the cosmology that Light and Darkness forms is now scaled to 6-D, with the Realm of Light, the Realm Between and the Realm of Darkness being made up of this two elements as explained above. In particular, the last one is a 6-D realm that is made up entirely of Darkness, further proving how both of this elements scale to the cosmology.

If this wasn’t enough, than there are several other important pieces to take into consideration. First of all, Kingdom Hearts is the amalgamation of all Hearts, with Hearts being made up of Light and Darkness, and Kingdom Hearts not only is the source of all the Light in the cosmology, but it also have the power to nuke all of it as explained before. And the Heart of the wielder is stated numerous time to be the source of power of the Keyblade, so if the wielder scale to that level even the Light/Darkness that forms their Heart would scale. And as the cherry on the top, the fight between pure Light (Ventus, since all of his Darkness was extracted from his body) and pure Darkness (Vanitas, one of the Thirteen original beings of pure Darkness) is straight up called a “high dimensional clash” that would be able to create the X-Blade, a weapon able to control the Kingdom Hearts.

Given all the evidence presented (with more being in the several blogs made for the verse) I think that the nature of Light and Darkness indeed scale to the totality of the Cosmology, and both of them are UES considering that they are the source of power of those that uses them.

As explained before, this revision is for confirmation and reference sake, since all of this was inderectly accepted previously. Input is appreciated, and if anyone have any question regarding this CRT they can ask below and I will try to reply as soon as I can, althought it might take a bit long since I might be busy in the next few days.

Thanks for the attention and thanks to the verse supporters, in particular @Bobsican since I used his blogs and his previous thread on the matter as my basis for this revision.

Agree: 10 (@The_2nd_Existential_Seed, @ArkhamDC06, @Eseseso, @Bobsican, @Milly_Rocking_Bandit, @Nehz_XZX, @ThatBoiRick, @DarkGrath,@LordGriffin1000, @DarkDragonMedeus)

Disagree: 0

Neutral: 0

Last edited:
Let's look at the criteria...

In order to qualify for a Universal Energy System and do scaling according to it, a character or the system they are using needs to fulfill all criteria for a Non-physical Energy System.

Which includes...

In order to qualify for a Limited Energy System and do scaling according to it, a character or the system they are using must have explanations or showings that indicate that the powers which should scale to each other draw from the same source of power (or can convert between the different kinds of power) and use up a similar amount of power to each other. Alternatively, it would also suffice to show that the user can invest similar amounts of power into any given technique, should they want to.
We have the bit of Mickey clarifying that the power of a Keyblade comes from the user's Heart, which is also part of why several characters scale to 2-B out of Sora's heart having the power to release the true power of the KH of Worlds, which we currently accept. For those only reading this, please read Sora's page for more information, that page merely explains why should Sora scale to the KH of Worlds (the rest is a bit outdated), its actual scale is explained to be 2-B elsewhere.

In order to qualify for a Non-physical Energy System and do scaling according to it, a character or the system they are using needs to fulfill all criteria for a Limited Energy System, but for all techniques. Additionally, they have to demonstrate or have reliable statements that all their supernatural or otherwise non-physical powers scale to each other in Attack Potency. Hence an increase in power / energy should correspond to a proportional increase in the potency of their powers and abilities.

Keyblade Wielders use their signature weapon for basically all of their combat capabilities, with the Keyblade even being mentioned as being a solid way to use magic, Aqua could even hold back Ventus-Vanitas by amplyfing herself with the bond of her friends. Riku could also get stronger with more darkness, and Ansem also wanted the KH of Worlds to make him stronger by giving him darkness.

Okay, with that, light, darkness, and hearts by extension qualify for the criteria up to a Non-Physical Energy System, what'd be left to qualify for a UES?

Additionally, they have to demonstrate that they can channel their power through their own bodies in a way that quantifiably enhances them or otherwise allows scaling of their supernatural powers through their physicals. Hence there should be evidence that an increase in power / energy should correspond to a proportional increase in the potency of their physical statistics. In the rare case that it is relevant for scaling the reverse should also be demonstrated: That a feat of non-empowered physical strength applies to the amount of supernatural power. Visual evidence of amplification is not considered necessary.

Besides how a Keyblade is mainly a physical weapon (rather than just a indirect one that uses elemental magic, as the name would imply), not only there's plenty of showcases of characters being able to directly clash against each other (most gameplay, several scenes, here's some examples), the most direct case is how Replicas (aka, artificial host bodies for Hearts), which on their own can even be compared to toys (with Xigbar even often calling Xion (a Replica) a mere puppet), can keep up with the real deal with a host Heart sufficiently strong.

If the power source or universal energy system should be removed from a user by some means that should result in a notable loss in physical strength or alternatively even in physical harm or death. That doesn't necessarily mean that they should be reduced to the level of regular humans, though. Note that removal of energy sources can also have detrimental effects if they are not universal and as such negative effects of removal do not necessarily imply universalness.

This seems to be a minor point to also cover, but to further solidify this, well, it's currently accepted on the site that anyone in the verse without a heart downright ceases to exist. Those that still "paradoxically" exist also explicitly have Nonexistent Physiology, there's a whole blog that goes on how hearts make up all that exists and why Nobodies have NEP, which is already accepted too, so I won't go deeper than what I have to to minimize redundancy.

Overall a case for UES is clear as day.

To clarify, the conclusions of this thread are that these sources prove that Light & Darkness scale to the totality of the cosmology, and that they are universal energy systems?

I see no issue with either of these conclusions, within the constraints of what has been provided. And if it's already indirectly agreed upon by consequence of the other accepted aspects of the verse, this just seems like a good avenue to clarify this on the profiles. I'm perfectly fine with what's been posited.

To clarify, the conclusions of this thread are that these sources prove that Light & Darkness scale to the totality of the cosmology, and that they are universal energy systems?

I see no issue with either of these conclusions, within the constraints of what has been provided. And if it's already indirectly agreed upon by consequence of the other accepted aspects of the verse, this just seems like a good avenue to clarify this on the profiles. I'm perfectly fine with what's been posited.
You are correct, I confirm that this revision is to officialize that Light and Darkness are universal energy systems that scale to the cosmology as a whole.
Thanks for the evaluation!

Back