• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kingdom Hearts Low 1-C Ocean Between Re:Evaluation

That’s exactly my point. Two different space-times cannot share the same axis, so they have to be displaced across a higher-plane. That’s what Xehanort expresses, the Ocean is the plane that keeps all of these worlds apart. Just as it requires a plane for two lines to never intersect, it requires another existence for two planes to never intersect.

Ultima echoed the same sentiment in the original thread, by the way:

That doesn’t make much sense, really. Axis’ are infinite by default, which is why it calls for the existence of a larger axis to contain it in another.
This is already valid for all spaces containing multiverses, but what is important is that the 5th axis, that is, the 5th dimension volume, is significantly large or infinite.

There is a 5th axis here, I don't deny that anyway, but it is unknown how big this 5th axis is, and since it is of an insignificant size at best, this will be a trivial 5-dimensional space(trivial 5th axis, so a trivial 5 dimensional volume.)

According to your logic, every space containing a multiverse should be Low 1-C, but this is wrong and the wiki does not currently accept it as such.

Not exactly seeing the tier 1 statements for the oceans between via having the worlds as being very small, especially with the standard change. So I’m gonna have to disagree with this.

Not exactly seeing the tier 1 statements for the oceans between via having the worlds as being very small, especially with the standard change. So I’m gonna have to disagree with this.
you're acting like the only statement KH has to stay tier 1 is the worlds being very small... 🗿

Last edited:
Yes, because now "Bigger than 2-A = Low 1-C" doesn't exist anymore. He never said anything about "infinitely bigger" spaces that dwarfs other 4-D structures to the point of those being "small".

Also, I think it's worth mentioning that in the scan it specifically says "the infinite space that surround this small world". A single World (4-D structure) is surrounded by an infinite space (aka the Ocean Between) which keeps every World isolated and prevent them to interact.
Honestly, KH doesn't qualify I am really curious to see what verse would actually qualify for a quantitative superiority, since the standards now became basically impossible to actually get.
Exactly, being infinite in the 5th axis is very specific, does any verse have low 1-C based on this? If there are I imagine not to many.

Exactly, being infinite in the 5th axis is very specific, does any verse have low 1-C based on this? If there are I imagine not to many.
The tiering changes on this regard are quire recent, there's no precedents at the moment to begin with (anyone is welcome to correct me), so I think it'd be best to evaluate on a vacuum on that regard given that.

BTW, it seems this was ignored:

DT then followed with this:

While it's not directly stated, in this case it's heavily implied given that it's stated to be an hyperspace of infinite size, as we have End of the World as having infinite space (High 3-A, accepted here), add to that its innate time axis per other accepted cosmology semantics on all worlds and you end up with a tier 2 structure that's already infinite in all 4 axises.

Therefore, the same character (Ansem) being aware of this yet specifying that the Ocean Between is infinite compared to a "small" world, and with another source stating it to be an hyperspace (5-D given the context as explained in the OP), really makes it seemingly still fit the current standards, as by that point it'd be rather assumptive to think it's redundantly talking about infinity on one of the 4 axises that already make up a universe.

...The OP is arguing for 6-D staying, IDK how there's confusion on that.
Thus please be more specific on what leans you to think otherwise.

Last edited:
Well because of new standards, im not sure theres enough proof the ocean in between extends infinitely in the 5th axis, so all that would reamin would be the overarching timeline, still low 1-C, but not 6D.

Well because of new standards, im not sure theres enough proof the ocean in between extends infinitely in the 5th axis, so all that would reamin would be the overarching timeline, still low 1-C, but not 6D.

(jump to the original post to read that)

While it's not directly stated, in this case it's heavily implied given that it's stated to be an hyperspace of infinite size, as we have End of the World as having infinite space (High 3-A, accepted here), add to that its innate time axis per other accepted cosmology semantics on all worlds and you end up with a tier 2 structure that's already infinite in all 4 axises.

Therefore, the same character (Ansem) being aware of this yet specifying that the Ocean Between is infinite compared to a "small" world, and with another source stating it to be an hyperspace (5-D given the context as explained in the OP), really makes it seemingly still fit the current standards, as by that point it'd be rather assumptive to think it's redundantly talking about infinity on one of the 4 axises that already make up a universe.
The current standards make it clear that some degree of case by case evaluation is required given the proof to lean to a qualitative superiority can vary.

Sorry. I had to re-read the OP's use of uncountable.

I'm not sure if we can apply this as the mathematical definition of uncountably infinite.

At the moment, I'm leaning with the Ocean being Tier 2 since the use of hyper/subspace needs more demonstrable characteristics to show superiority per the new standards.

Last edited:
Sorry. I had to re-read the OP's use of uncountable.

I'm not sure if we can apply this as the mathematical definition of uncountably infinite.

At the moment, I'm leaning with the Ocean being Tier 2 since the use of hyper/subspace needs more demonstrable characteristics to show superiority per the new standards.
By Tier 2 you mean its previous 2-A rating, right?

Before applying anything, someone should reply to this argument imho:

As explained by DT, a space containing a 4-D structure is not assumed to be 5-D because it's space can be an extension of the 3rd spatial dimension, making it just a bigger 4-D space in a Spatial sense. However, if the 4-D space contained by the bigger space is already infinite in all 3 Spatial dimension (and obviously its 1 time dimension) than the space containing it can't be the 3rd Spatial dimension since the max extension of said dimension is already reached in the 4-D construct contained, and as such the space containing it needs to be 5-D.
This needs to be answered or debunked before applying any downgrade.

I’ve been waiting on Ultima before I commented again, so I ask for just 2 more days or so. I don’t want to hold up this thread indefinitely, but considering me and Planck don’t see eye to eye, I’ll just have Ultima try and clarify.

What needs to be changed here? The cosmology is still accepted as Low 1-C on account of having a hypertimeline. Does anything change as a result of the Ocean in Between being downgraded?

Where’s the argument for the second temporal axis?

Check the blog in the OP.

What needs to be changed here? The cosmology is still accepted as Low 1-C on account of having a hypertimeline. Does anything change as a result of the Ocean in Between being downgraded?
It goes down one dimensional level and becomes 5-D.
Where’s the argument for the second temporal axis?
It's in the blog but ultimately, it's not what's tackled on this thread. For now, it's staying 5-D.

Back