• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've updated the name of the thread alongside the OP. If anyone feels like as if I forgot something or that something else could be added to the OP, feel free to tell me.

Well I can't really say much regarding the profiles themselves since I have no knowledge on the verse and it seems a massive conversation took up most of this thread. Regardless, I'm fine with updating the profiles with the needed fixes.

Yes, a proper thorough but easy to understand explanation of the discussion and conclusions so far is necessary.
A lot of the discussion was just about Nakime's scaling and Nakime doesn't have a profile where revisions can be applied right now though the discussion results can still be kept in mind for the future.

Basically the gist of the OP and some of the discussion and agreements in the thread are that there are profiles which have aspects that need to be improved upon. The most blatant ones are Daki, Spider Demon Mother and Swamp Demon. Daki and Spider Demon Mother have abilities that they really shouldn't have, lack some justifications and are also in need of some additions. Swamp Demon lacks a calculation for his ratings and his speed justification compares him to Tanjiro who has a completely different speed rating.

There is also a desire to add more to the summaries of all the pillars except Sanemi since they are currently rather short and lacking.

Thank you, but I need a considerably more elaborate, although still easy to understand, explanation, if I am going to call any other staff members here to evaluate this thread.

Thank you, but I need a considerably more elaborate, although still easy to understand, explanation, if I am going to call any other staff members here to evaluate this thread.
You're welcome.

Here are the suggested revisions for Daki's profile:
  • Changing Daki's Tier from 9-A to at least 9-A like the characters she scales from.
  • The addition of an "at least" for her speed rating for the same reason.
  • Separating the durability of her neck from the durability of the rest of her body with the addition of a mention of the durability inconsistencies common for demons which is already present on the other demon profiles.
  • Changing the Lifting Strength rating from Class 100, which is from a feat Tanjiro didn't perform and doesn't scale to, to Class 5 like the key of Tanjiro she fought.
  • Removing obi from the Standard Equipment section due to it being part of her body.
  • Addition of the standard weaknesses for demons that should still apply to her like sunlight and wisteria flowers.
  • Removing Forcefield Creation due to obis not being forcefields.
  • Addition of Transmutation (for turning people into 2-dimensional flat designs for storage in her obis).
  • Addition of Telepathy (She is able to telepathically communicate with her independently acting detached living sashes).
  • Additional justification for her Statistics Amplification using Gyutaro's Eye.
  • Additional justification for Body Control using her ability to make her obi sashes flexible and sharp at the same time while also adding the standard justification for Body Control that other demon profiles have.
  • Addition of a justification for Enhanced Senses using her being able to have Gyutaro's eye in addition to her own eyes.
Self-Sustenance Type 3, Enhanced Senses and Extrasensory Perception require further discussion due to inconsistencies with other demon profiles or a lack of justifications.

The Swamp Demon has a problem with his ratings:
  • Revising the Swamp Demon's Attack Potency justification due to the link not working and the lack of a calculation with there being a possibility that the rating might need to undergo changes.
  • Changing Swamp Demon's speed rating or its justification due to the character mentioned in the justification having a different speed rating.
Only some small changes for the Spider Demon Mother since the issues with her erronous Lifting Strength rating and Weaknesses section have already been taken care of.
  • Adding a mention for Spider Demon Mother's spiders attaching threads to those she controls.
  • Removal of Acrobatics due to a lack of feats.
  • Adding the headless demon body that is her strongest puppet to control with her threads as Standard Equipment.
One small thing for the Pillars:
  • Adding more details to the summaries of the Pillars like their upbringing and background.

Last edited:
  • Changing Daki's Tier from 9-A to at least 9-A like the characters she scales from.
  • Separating the durability of her neck from the durability of the rest of her body with the addtion of a mention of the durability inconsistencies common for demons.
  • Changing the Lifting Strength rating from Class 100, which is from a feat Tanjiro didn't perform and doesn't scale to, to Class 5 like the key of Tanjiro she fought.
  • Removing obi from the Standard Equipment section due to it being part of her body.
  • Addition of the standard weaknesses for demons that should still apply to her like sunlight and wisteria flowers.
  • Addition of Transmutation (for turning people into 2-dimensional flat designs for storage in her obis).
  • Addition of Telepathy (She is able to telepathically communicate with her independently acting detached living sashes).
  • Additional justification for her Statistics Amplification using Gyutaro's Eye.
  • Additional justification for Body Control using her ability to make her obi sashes flexible and sharp at the same time while also adding the standard justification for Body Control that other demon profiles have.
  • Addition of a justification for Enhanced Senses using her being able to have Gyutaro's eye in addition to her own eyes.
Self-Sustenance Type 3, Enhanced Senses and Extrasensory Perception require further discussion due to inconsistencies with other demon profiles or a lack of justifications.

• Revising the Swamp Demon's Attack Potency justification with there being a possibility that the rating might need to undergo changes.
  • Changing Swamp Demon's speed rating or its justification due to the character mentioned in the justification having a different speed rating.
Only some small changes for the Spider Demon Mother since the issues with her erronous Lifting Strength rating and Weaknesses section have already been taken care of.
  • Adding a mention for Spider Demon Mother's spiders attaching threads to those she controls.
  • Adding the headless demon body that is her strongest puppet to control with her threads as Standard Equipment.
  • Adding more details to the summaries of the Pillars like their upbringing and background.
@Everything12 @Duedate8898 @Planck69 @CrimsonStarFallen @UchihaSlayer96

Would any of you be willing to help evaluate this please?

• Separating the durability of her neck from the durability of the rest of her body with the addtion of a mention of the durability inconsistencies common for demons which is already present on the other demon profiles.

• Revising the Swamp Demon's Attack Potency justification due to the link not working and the lack of a calculation with there being a possibility that the rating might need to undergo changes.
@Dino_Ranger_Black @JustSomeWeirdo @Theglassman12 @Crabwhale @Eficiente @GyroNutz @DarkGrath @The_Wright_Way

Would any of you be willing to help evaluate this thread please?

All of the suggested revisions seem fine to me. I'd like to see a scan/link for that transmutation though.

All of the suggested revisions seem fine to me. I'd like to see a scan/link for that transmutation though.
I don't have an Imgur account, so linking a scan that'll actually work could get difficult if I have to do that. The end of chapter 78 of the manga should display the humans having been turned into 2-dimensional flat designs well enough though. Daki transforming humans for storage instead of just using Dimensional Storage which she already has on her profile is something that I got from her page on the Kimetsu no Yaiba Wiki, so that might actually need to get either checked or discussed again.

You can upload images directly to the main wiki
I have to admit that I didn't think of that possibility. Considering that you are suggesting this as a staff member I guess that it isn't a problem for me to upload pictures that I won't really be using all that much for matters like these. Okay, here are the victims in 2D form in the obis and here is Inosuke mistaking them as patterns at first due to them being in a flat state.

You're welcome.

• Separating the durability of her neck from the durability of the rest of her body with the addition of a mention of the durability inconsistencies common for demons which is already present on the other demon profiles.

This seems fine.

I have to admit that I didn't think of that possibility. Considering that you are suggesting this as a staff member I guess that it isn't a problem for me to upload pictures that I won't really be using all that much for matters like these. Okay, here are the victims in 2D form in the obis and here is Inosuke mistaking them as patterns at first due to them being in a flat state.
So are they being turned into those bands or are they being sealed inside them? The latter would be Sealing.

So are they being turned into those bands or are they being sealed inside them? The latter would be Sealing.
They are inside those obis and can be freed by cutting off the sections containing them. This is how it looks like when Daki is in the process of trapping someone in an obi.

Yeah, that'd probably be Sealing and maybe Thread Manipulation instead of Transmutation.
Why Thread Manipulation? It's not like as if the obis are threads and the people that are trapped aren't turned into threads as far as I can tell.

Thank you to everybody who are helping out.

Is somebody willing to apply what has been accepted here?

Thank you to everybody who are helping out.

Is somebody willing to apply what has been accepted here?
I've made some edits on Spider Demon Mother, Swamp Demon and Daki's profiles though there are still some details left to discuss.

Daki has Above Average for her Intelligence section for some reason, so we might have to discuss if that or simply Average is more appropriate for her. The Swamp Demon has now no link for his feat that is used for his justification, so we should contemplate either getting a calculation for him or scale him to another character. I've already mentioned earlier that Daki's Self-Sustenance Type 3, Enhanced Senses and Extrasensory Perception require further discussion. The contents for the additions to the summaries of the Pillar profiles could also need some discussion though I do have some idea of what could be added already.

Edit: Spider Demon Mother appears to also have the Above Average Intelligence rating, so that might need to get discussed like in Daki's case.

Oh yeah, that'd make more sense. Forgot we had that power
So, if I understand you right, Daki controlling the obis would be Cloth Manipulation for you and her trapping people inside them would be Sealing? One thing to consider here is that Daki's obis are pretty much part of her body, so we would need to clarify how much of that is Body Control and how much of it is actually Cloth Manipulation.

Last edited:
If there's no objection left, i think you can applying the point you mentioned
I've made some edits on Spider Demon Mother, Swamp Demon and Daki's profiles though there are still some details left to discuss.

Daki has Above Average for her Intelligence section for some reason, so we might have to discuss if that or simply Average is more appropriate for her. The Swamp Demon has now no link for his feat that is used for his justification, so we should contemplate either getting a calculation for him or scale him to another character. I've already mentioned earlier that Daki's Self-Sustenance Type 3, Enhanced Senses and Extrasensory Perception require further discussion. The contents for the additions to the summaries of the Pillar profiles could also need some discussion though I do have some idea of what could be added already.

Edit: Spider Demon Mother appears to also have the Above Average Intelligence rating, so that might need to get discussed like in Daki's case.

So, if I understand you right, Daki controlling the obis would be Cloth Manipulation for you and her trapping people inside them would be Sealing? One thing to consider here is that Daki's obis are pretty much part of her body, so we would need to clarify how much of that is Body Control and how much of it is actually Cloth Manipulation.

What do the rest of you think about this?
@GyroNutz

If she creates obis to trap people inside them it'd be cloth manipulation. If she extends parts of her body and uses those to trap people inside them then it'd be body control. All I've suggested is just based off of the context I've seen.

If she creates obis to trap people inside them it'd be cloth manipulation. If she extends parts of her body and uses those to trap people inside them then it'd be body control. All I've suggested is just based off of the context I've seen.
Okay, the obis are pretty much portrayed as extensions of Daki's body, so I'd go for the latter.

What do the rest of you think about this?

Daki has Above Average for her Intelligence section for some reason, so we might have to discuss if that or simply Average is more appropriate for her
above average seems ok. luring and trapping people for over a century without getting caught does seem to warrant an above average intelligence at least
Daki's Self-Sustenance Type 3, Enhanced Senses and Extrasensory Perception
demons in general dont sleep, so she should definitely have it as well

isn't enhanced senses a shared ability amongst all demons?

daki's obi sash (which is a detachment of her own body) can sense the presence of pillars so she should have esp as well
Spider Demon Mother appears to also have the Above Average Intelligence rating, so that might need to get discussed like in Daki's case.
I dont recall if she has any notable intelligence feats other than manipulating the movements of the slayers attached to her strings flawlessly (which Im unsure whether passes as an intelligence feat in the first place)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back