• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[Demon Slayer] Doma's Physicals

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeijiSetto

VS Battles
Calculation Group
cool uh
Lotta people in the verse scale to or upscale to the next tier up from this calc.

Problem: It's a creation feat., temperature change and such. People are scaling physically to this despite there not being a UES of sorts in the verse (I asked, and didn't really get any answers that establish one) that would provide a mechanism to say that Doma (and thus anyone who scales to him) can punch with the same energy he makes ice sculptures with.

If this feat is axed, I believe the next highest value is 8-C (0.8 Tons from a 100x multiplier) and upscaling from there.
Apparently this 100x multiplier was just added with no CRT, so as of last edit, it's up in the air what the 8-Bs/8-As will be scaling to now.

Agree: (6:18) (@Viott, @SunDaGamer, @Damage3245, @SuperStar, @D.bunk01, @Tllmbrg, @AdamVhenJP, @Armorchompy, @Harith0cell, @DMUA, @Dalesean027, @TheRustyOne, @DarkDragonMedeus, @Maverick_Zero_X, @chosen, @Excellence616, @Robespierre_Isidore, @KingTempest, @Metalballrun, @DemonGodMitchAubin, @CloverDragon03, @KingAdamm, @GunshyFever, @Small_Ophion)
Neutral: (0:0)
Disagree: (0:2) (@FelpeXDopZ, @Passersby)

bold votes are for evaluating staff

Last edited:
Wouldn't Muzan's blood be a sort of UES since it's pretty clear that the more of his blood the demons have the more powerful they are? And the blood "magic" depends on their blood which is Muzan's blood, so while scale physically wouldn't work their blood techniques should right?

If 100x gets removed then it Would be like 4x the highest 9a calc i think (fir hantegnu tiers mf

In that case I have no idea what value all the 8-Bs and 8-As will fall back to anymore.
Just before anyone says we should or should not implement it I figure I should submit the scans for the context around the '100x amp'
0094-003.png
0094-004.png
0094-005.png
0094-013.png

So, he's saying "I need to summon forth 100 times the power" while trying to pump himself up by using a full body swing rather than just his normal arm strength it's a principle in kenjutsu and many other sword styles from the real world as it should be obvious swinging with your arms vs putting your body into it result in a drastically different amount of power and feeling with the weapon. And I do think removing the statistics amp for characters would be justifiable as
0113-010.png

Tanjiro even says it was the way he used his strength not that his strength was increased which keeps with the kenjutsu aspect I mentioned before,

during the debriefing in chapters 128 and the beginning of 129 no mention of it being a multiplier or becoming stronger is mentioned, they just mention repeatedly that they are on the 'cusp of death' with body temperature of 39 C 200+ BPM which just sits 2C above normal and 20 bpm (beats per minute) above of boxing averages for one bout (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/8543363/#:~:text=The training requirements of the,total duration of one bout. just in case the link fails me I also just wanted to link biology on this cause it's fun lol) but even looking at the temperature and BPM increase I don't think it warrants a statistics amplification given it is more a byproduct of using it, the Demon Slayer Mark seems to resemble a sort of physical manifestation of hysterical strength, of which medical science has no knowledge of how much it actually increases strength as well as different people achieving different levels of power off of hysterical strength in the real world.
For a secondary position on what the Demon Slayer Mark is, I would argue the DSM is akin to the flow state as there is a large amount of thought going into the user's mind focusing on everything, breathing sensation the application of force etc. Later we see a lot about gripping the sword like a vice to make it red but I believe that is more due to the mysterious natures of the Nichirin swords and the DSM and we see it was just theorized you have to grip it really hard, but when the sword is activated with Iguro he theorized it was putting yourself on the cusp of death to make your grip vise like, rather than saying you needed to actually strengthen your grip that much...

To conclude, the Slayer Mark does not warrant a statistics amp on the pages for Demon Slayer and should not be used for AP calcs as mentioned above. (I figure bringing scans just in case someone has an issue with this stuff would be ideal for everyone involved)
I for one agree with the calc brought up here by user chosen, as there really does not seem to be a lot of consistent evidence to the previously accepted 8-B / 8-A. The wooden dragons in the calc here mention being around 9-A+ for the individual segments as per the Attack Potency page: "The attack potency depends on the energy output of a single attack, not the area of effect of the attack." meaning there is a justifiable reason to say it should only account for the individual dragon's value not the entirety of it as he could just use more of them consecutively rather than all at once.

(Sorry for the insane wall of text I just want to be accurate with these sorts of things)
(Edit: SunDaGamer also brought up good stuff for 8-C from Rengoku and that's fine too though the wooden dragons might also be another creation feat of sorts just to add onto that)

To conclude, the Slayer Mark does not warrant a statistics amp on the pages for Demon Slayer and should not be used for AP calcs as mentioned above. (I figure bringing scans just in case someone has an issue with this stuff would be ideal for everyone involved)
The Slayer Mark is noted to boost speed and Tanjiro couldn't cut through Gyutaro's neck beforehand while Gyutaro was poisoned so while I do think the Slayer Mark is a stat amp, I don't think there's enough evidence to warrant giving it a x100 multiplier either since Tanjiro's statement seems like a hyperbole (in a similar vein to Deku shouting "One For All 1,000,000%") and I'm not aware of any other source that supports a x100 amp, I don't think the Official Fanbook confirms it either.
The wooden dragons in the calc here mention being around 9-A+ for the individual segments
It looks like 3 Wooden Dragons were involved in the feat but I'm not sure if we can scale Zohakuten to their combined output (the dragons's feat is purely physical unlike Doma's which uses temperature change and requires an energy system to scale to physicals)

Last edited:
The Slayer Mark is noted to boost speed and Tanjiro couldn't cut through Gyutaro's neck beforehand while Gyutaro was poisoned so while I do think the Slayer Mark is a stat amp, I don't think there's enough evidence to warrant giving it a x100 multiplier either since Tanjiro's statement seems like a hyperbole (in a similar vein to Deku shouting "One For All 1,000,000%") and I'm not aware of any other source that supports a x100 amp, I don't think the Official Fanbook confirms it either.
Yes, that's my issue with the Slayer Mark. It does clearly give some sort of boost, hence my reference with the hysterical strength being a similar phenomenon but it doesn't really support a quantification like one hundred times which is on Tanjiro's page in his AP and key 2 it says "(Struck with a hundred times his normal strength to overpower Gyutaro and slice off his head)". I forgot about the speed portion tbh that one is on me I also was posting something fast before heading out for the day, again that's on me.
t looks like 3 Wooden Dragons were involved in the feat but I'm not sure if we can scale Zohakuten to their combined output (since the dragons's feat is purely physical unlike Doma's which uses temperature change and requires an energy system to scale to physicals)
Yeah, I'm not sure, given the results are 9-A+ or 8-C I personally am fine with either because we don't know if Zohakuten put out the dragons 1 at a time or all at once. I personally would say 9-A+ to air on the side of caution but that's me.

Tanjiro even says it was the way he used his strength not that his strength was increased which keeps with the kenjutsu aspect I mentioned before,
the slayer is literally magic tho?

it's a random mark that makes you die at 25 while giving you a strenght boost, the way he used his strenght really doesnt' matter when with the way shearing mechanics work, his sword was able to cut through a significantly larger surface area which would have resulted in a proportionate increase to shear force compared to his earlier strike, since the former isis measured as F/A, in order to overcome the shaer stenght of gyutaro's neck he would need to apply a sufficient force over that area to match or exceed the shear strength with shear stress. for exmple If you cut an area A1 with a force F1, then to cut an area A2, you would need a minimum force od F2 = A2 * F1 / A1, because F2 / A2 = F1 / A1 = shear strength. If A2 is larger than A1, then F2 is larger than F1, his strike while unclocking the slayer is several orders of magnitudes higher than what it is without it considering he couldn't shear even a single inch into gyutaro's neck

the same thing happened with muichiro where before he could his sword a few cms into gyokko's neck and after unlocking the mark he could cut it like a hot knife butter, to deny the stats amplification is a bit silly, it has has nothing to do with biology, it's literally just magic

like the fake ranbow form ig

Last edited:
Gyutaro's feat would be detrimental for scaling ngl. Having everyone upscale from Rengoku's Durability is kinda weird even tho it is logical.

The calc assumes that all of the ground in the range of Gyutaro's slashes was fragmented which isn't the case
b5c388a9-1148-4b90-9776-c20500d51f12

oh yeah, just saw this, gotouge as talented as she is has a hard time keeping the backround consistent, for example, in chapter 166 in this page we see koku and sanemi's clash, and on the next page we can see the cuts. Now, two pages later, right middle panel shows that the pillar diagonally behind Kokushibo and to the right is intact, which contradicts what's shown in the previous pages

I have more examples from that fight,later in chapter 167, we see Kokushibo launch this attack and leave very visible slashing patterns on the ground then, in chapter 168, we can see some of the traces of the damage (right side, second from top) that are erased on the very same page (right side, third from top) and it's not a one time thing either, because the next time we see the ground, it's still gone, it's still gone on then here as well

And to follow through on that last page there, we can see Gyomei shatter the ground with his flail, two pages later, he does so again (can also note that the ground from the first strike against Kokushibo is now unblemished) and then a few pages later, we see that the ground around Kokushibo is untouched as he dashes forward, and that there's no sign of the damage even behind him from Gyomei's perspective, doesn't mean that the damage was a myth, it just means gotouge has a hard time drawing a consistent backround during fights, i don't remember much but i do know the ground was fragmented, considering goutoge's track record i wouldn't really use the fact that damage just straight up disappears as an an argument

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back