• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What probs happened was Yushiro hijacked nakime - IF starts going crazy cause of yushiro - Muzan noticed - IF gets even crazier. Yeah if she gets creative enough she can land a hit most likely. Yes, Overwhelm with pillars to the point where they'll get hit no matter where they dodge OR they wouldn't be able to dodge fast enough. We don't really know who was gonna be the victor of that fight had yushiro not hijacked nakime's mind so I don't think them not losing is a valid point considering the fight was interrupted. Nakime being able to attack muichiro just shows she wasn't getting overwhelmed in the fight and that she can focus on both defense and offense, If she had to focus on defense then how was she able to attack muichiro? Obanai and mitsuri weren't aggressive either, In fact I'd say nakime was being more aggressive and offensive than them. Kyogai seems to be a special case either since he was a past kizuki, We've seen two characters that can manipulate a location with their BDA and both of them happened to be a kizuki. She didn't know what nakime was capable of but she still wasn't able to react in time and this isn't the only time nakime was able to deflect an attack from mitsuri, This is what I mean, Nakime most likely got a ton of tricks up her sleeves considering she had this BDA for a long time which would lead to mitsuri and obanai most likely getting hit a few times in their fight which lasted a long time, The kokushibo fight was very long and the nakime fight was longer than that (since its started before it and ended after it)
We aren't actually shown anything going crazy before Muzan noticed that something wasn't right with Nakime and the only stated reason is Yushiro and Muzan struggling against each other, so that would be a bit weird. That does sound like something that Nakime could potentially pull off but I do wonder if Mitsuri and Obanai would have been able to cut the pillars apart in time if something like that had happened. If chapter 181 is anything to go by, then they were for the most part just occupied but not really on the losing side though that could have technically changed with time. Nakime isn't neccessarily unable to focus on multiple tasks but each task would certainly take a certain amount of focus away that she could use for something else. I'm pretty sure that the comparative lack of aggressiveness was due to how hard it is to land any hits on Nakime and how she could shift the environment to get away from them. The series only showing that sort of ability with demons who were part of the Twelve Demon Moons is fair enough and so is the point about Nakime having had the Blood Demon Art for a long time as well as the length of the confrontation even if a lot of that seem to have been her stalling them.

We aren't actually shown anything going crazy before Muzan noticed that something wasn't right with Nakime and the only stated reason is Yushiro and Muzan struggling against each other, so that would be a bit weird. That does sound like something that Nakime could potentially pull off but I do wonder if Mitsuri and Obanai would have been able to cut the pillars apart in time if something like that had happened. If chapter 181 is anything to go by, then they were for the most part just occupied but not really on the losing side though that could have technically changed with time. Nakime isn't neccessarily unable to focus on multiple tasks but each task would certainly take a certain amount of focus away that she could use for something else. I'm pretty sure that the comparative lack of aggressiveness was due to how hard it is to land any hits on Nakime and how she could shift the environment to get away from them. The series only showing that sort of ability with demons who were part of the Twelve Demon Moons is fair enough and so is the point about Nakime having had the Blood Demon Art for a long time as well as the length of the confrontation even if a lot of that seem to have been her stalling them.
Mitsuri said that the castle was moving all over before muzan even questioned who was near nakime. Obanai would maybe be able to since he's calm and collected but a bit of creativity should do the trick, for mitsuri, she got pressured by one pillar hitting her and potentially crashing so nakime should be able to hit her with some serious attacks as well. So was nakime, She didn't have any signs of injuries, tiring out or stopping any time soon. If she's able to do three tasks at the same time which is Defending, attacking obanai and mitsuri, and attacking muichiro then its safe to assume having to defend herself will take her full focus, plus when she attacks the pillars can't attack, If she attacks then the pillars will have to dodge / deflect her attacks which would halt any attempt to attack them which makes her offensive attack into a defensive move as well. It'd still mean they wouldn't be putting pressure into her when its rare to have them be in close quarters with nakime and then have to dodge or counter whatever trick nakime has up her sleeve at that point.

Mitsuri said that the castle was moving all over before muzan even questioned who was near nakime. Obanai would maybe be able to since he's calm and collected but a bit of creativity should do the trick, for mitsuri, she got pressured by one pillar hitting her and potentially crashing so nakime should be able to hit her with some serious attacks as well. So was nakime, She didn't have any signs of injuries, tiring out or stopping any time soon. If she's able to do three tasks at the same time which is Defending, attacking obanai and mitsuri, and attacking muichiro then its safe to assume having to defend herself will take her full focus, plus when she attacks the pillars can't attack, If she attacks then the pillars will have to dodge / deflect her attacks which would halt any attempt to attack them which makes her offensive attack into a defensive move as well. It'd still mean they wouldn't be putting pressure into her when its rare to have them be in close quarters with nakime and then have to dodge or counter whatever trick nakime has up her sleeve at that point.
I was referring to the moment where Muzan realized that what he saw through Nakime was faked by Yushiro. Nothing was off about the Infinity Fortress before that and since Yushiro tricked Muzan into believing that Mitsuri and Obanai were dead through Nakime he was already at work taking her over there. In fact, he already needed to have tempered with Nakime somewhat while Nakime was still fighting Mitsuri and Obanai, so they could simply go after Muzan without worrying about Nakime. Mitsuri getting pressured and hit was before she realized what Nakime's ability is and concluded that it was okay for her along with declaring that the same attack wouldn't hit her again, so I consider it reasonable that she would do better than before after that happened though her being less calm and collected than Obanai would indeed put her at a comparative disadvantange as shown by her rushing in first. Injuries and stamina are hardly an issue for demons by default since they have regeneration and infinite stamina, so that's a moot point. That kind of depends on how far away Mitsuri and Obanai are from Nakime. When they aren't close to her she is attacking them with pillars and when they get close she switches to purely defensive maneuvers. While the case with Muichiro shows that she can afford diverting some of her attention while fighting Mitsuri and Obanai she only did so for a single hit and didn't do anything else to Muichiro, so that wasn't a lot of attention that was diverted.

I was referring to the moment where Muzan realized that what he saw through Nakime was faked by Yushiro. Nothing was off about the Infinity Fortress before that and since Yushiro tricked Muzan into believing that Mitsuri and Obanai were dead through Nakime he was already at work taking her over there. In fact, he already needed to have tempered with Nakime somewhat while Nakime was still fighting Mitsuri and Obanai, so they could simply go after Muzan without worrying about Nakime. Mitsuri getting pressured and hit was before she realized what Nakime's ability is and concluded that it was okay for her along with declaring that the same attack wouldn't hit her again, so I consider it reasonable that she would do better than before after that happened though her being less calm and collected than Obanai would indeed put her at a comparative disadvantange as shown by her rushing in first. Injuries and stamina are hardly an issue for demons by default since they have regeneration and infinite stamina, so that's a moot point. That kind of depends on how far away Mitsuri and Obanai are from Nakime. When they aren't close to her she is attacking them with pillars and when they get close she switches to purely defensive maneuvers. While the case with Muichiro shows that she can afford diverting some of her attention while fighting Mitsuri and Obanai she only did so for a single hit and didn't do anything else to Muichiro, so that wasn't a lot of attention that was diverted.
You said "When muzan noticed something was wrong with nakime" In which point he did, And the castle moved all over in the flashback where yushiro explained what he was gonna do to nakime which took place before muzan found out what he saw was fake. She knew by that point what her bda is, She literally saw her dodge two attacks with the IF and barrage obanai with pillars and we already talked about her statements, they are not analytical statements and shouldn't be taken seriously in a power scaling sense. It shows us that they didn't really do anything noteworthy to nakime in that whole lengthy fight, Again nobody was winning in that fight and it sounded like you were trying to imply they were winning. Yeah and they get out of range of her a lot, Nakime's counter-attack or defensive moves involves them falling in some way which puts them out of range. She was also able to defend herself against obanai when obanai attacked her right after mitsuri did, Regardless nakime was already in control at the beginning of the fight and she most likely had more tricks up her sleeve

You said "When muzan noticed something was wrong with nakime" In which point he did, And the castle moved all over in the flashback where yushiro explained what he was gonna do to nakime which took place before muzan found out what he saw was fake. She knew by that point what her bda is, She literally saw her dodge two attacks with the IF and barrage obanai with pillars and we already talked about her statements, they are not analytical statements and shouldn't be taken seriously in a power scaling sense. It shows us that they didn't really do anything noteworthy to nakime in that whole lengthy fight, Again nobody was winning in that fight and it sounded like you were trying to imply they were winning. Yeah and they get out of range of her a lot, Nakime's counter-attack or defensive moves involves them falling in some way which puts them out of range. She was also able to defend herself against obanai when obanai attacked her right after mitsuri did, Regardless nakime was already in control at the beginning of the fight and she most likely had more tricks up her sleeve
Why would the castle move all over when Yushiro didn't even start hijacking Nakime yet? Are you referring to the flashback in chapter 183? I don't see the castle moving in that flashback. Mitsuri isn't the analytical type but I trust that she knows her capabilities. If she says that she can deal with a Blood Demon Art that moves the environment, then I'm willing to believe her that but Nakime did have tricks up her sleeve at that point that Mitsuri didn't know about and wasn't really prepared for. I wasn't implying that they were winning. If they were, they wouldn't have needed Yushiro to get to Muzan unharassed by Nakime. If Nakime was so in control, she would have managed to outright kill Mitsuri and Obanai but they were instead just occupying each other.

Last edited:
Why would the castle move all over when Yushiro didn't even start hijacking Nakime yet? Are you referring to the flashback in chapter 193? I don't see the castle moving in that flashback. Mitsuri isn't the analytical type but I trust that she knows her capabilities. If she says that she can deal with a Blood Demon Art that moves the environment, then I'm willing to believe her that but Nakime did have tricks up her sleeve at that point that Mitsuri didn't know about and wasn't really prepared for. I wasn't implying that they were winning. If they were, they wouldn't have needed Yushiro to get to Muzan unharassed by Nakime. If Nakime was so in control, she would have managed to outright kill Mitsuri and Obanai but they were instead just occupying each other.
I never said the caste was moving, What I said was that the castle was moving before muzan noticed yushiro and after yushiro had hijacked nakime. there's no flashback in 193, If its a typo and you meant 183 then mitsuri stated that the castle as moving before muzan said anything. I didn't say anything about mitsuri herself what I was talking about was that particular statement, How do you know her saying "You won't hit me with the same attack again" is actually her analyzing the situation instead of a show of determination like its clearly shown to be? She never said she can deal with her BDA in general, all she talked about was that single attack. Alright cool we agree on that then. She was in control cause her plan was working until yushiro ****** it up, Obanai states multiples times that she's stalling them and that she is dragging the fight out and this is most likely her plan cause she knows she's going to outlast them

I never said the caste was moving, What I said was that the castle was moving before muzan noticed yushiro and after yushiro had hijacked nakime. there's no flashback in 193, If its a typo and you meant 183 then mitsuri stated that the castle as moving before muzan said anything. I didn't say anything about mitsuri herself what I was talking about was that particular statement, How do you know her saying "You won't hit me with the same attack again" is actually her analyzing the situation instead of a show of determination like its clearly shown to be? She never said she can deal with her BDA in general, all she talked about was that single attack. Alright cool we agree on that then. She was in control cause her plan was working until yushiro ****** it up, Obanai states multiples times that she's stalling them and that she is dragging the fight out and this is most likely her plan cause she knows she's going to outlast them
What I was pointing out is that between being fooled into believing that Mitsuri and Obanai were dead and then seeing them in front of him nothing happened with the Infinity Castle even though Yushiro clearly was already at work there. Yeah, I did mean 183. Mitsuri surmised to herself the basics of how Nakime's Blood Demon Art works, says that it's okay for her and then proceeds to circumvent the exact same move that Nakime used previously to deflect Mitsuri's previous offensive. While Mitsuri's declaration was clearly influenced by determination she wasn't just mindlessly shouting there if her actions and previous statements are any indication. We aren't actually shown what exactly Nakime was thinking or planning though potentially outlasting Mitsuri and Obanai does make sense for a demon with a Blood Demon Art that makes reaching them difficult and isn't particularly offensive. That being said, she was clearly on the offensive a couple of times, so she isn't purely relying on outlasting Mitsuri and Obanai here.

What I was pointing out is that between being fooled into believing that Mitsuri and Obanai were dead and then seeing them in front of him nothing happened with the Infinity Castle even though Yushiro clearly was already at work there. Yeah, I did mean 183. Mitsuri surmised to herself the basics of how Nakime's Blood Demon Art works, says that it's okay for her and then proceeds to circumvent the exact same move that Nakime used previously to deflect Mitsuri's previous offensive. While Mitsuri's declaration was clearly influenced by determination she wasn't just mindlessly shouting there if her actions and previous statements are any indication. We aren't actually shown what exactly Nakime was thinking or planning though potentially outlasting Mitsuri and Obanai does make sense for a demon with a Blood Demon Art that makes reaching them difficult and isn't particularly offensive. That being said, she was clearly on the offensive a couple of times, so she isn't purely relying on outlasting Mitsuri and Obanai here.
There was because the flashback takes place before muzan got fooled and the IF was already moving then. When did mitsuri say that nakime's bda as a whole is okay for her? All she said was she wasn't going to get hit with the same attack and even that isn't concrete. She clearly was when she said she might die in the later chapters despite effortlessly smashing the pillar that was going to smash her. She only attacked when she got the chance to or when she got an opening like when both obanai and mitsuri was far from here and they couldn't come close.

There was because the flashback takes place before muzan got fooled and the IF was already moving then. When did mitsuri say that nakime's bda as a whole is okay for her? All she said was she wasn't going to get hit with the same attack and even that isn't concrete. She clearly was when she said she might die in the later chapters despite effortlessly smashing the pillar that was going to smash her. She only attacked when she got the chance to or when she got an opening like when both obanai and mitsuri was far from here and they couldn't come close.
If you are referring to the flashback where Yushiro talks with Mitsuri, then I have to say that the events of that flashback happened before Yushiro began hijacking Nakime and I don't see the Infinity Fortress moving in that particular flashback. In chapter 164 Mitsuri concluded to herself what Nakime's ability is and said based on that conclusion that it would be okay for her, that was relatively early in the fight against Nakime. I wouldn't consider the instance of Mitsuri cutting a pillar up in chapter 164 as effortless especially if that "ummff" and that she did so just shortly before she hit the ceiling is any indication. Also, I think the pillars in chapter 183 are bigger than the one Mitsuri cut up in chapter 164 if visual size comparisons between Mitsuri and the pillars can be relied upon. Well, when they are close making sure that they can't cut her head off definitely takes priority in comparison to taking a chance by just making an attempt at landing a hit on them, sounds like the sort of approach that generally makes sense for Nakime in combat to me.

If you are referring to the flashback where Yushiro talks with Mitsuri, then I have to say that this happened before Yushiro began hijacking Nakime and I don't see the Infinity Fortress moving in that particular flashback. In chapter 164 Mitsuri concluded to herself what Nakime's ability is and said based on that conclusion that it would be okay for her, that was relatively early in the fight against Nakime. I wouldn't consider the instance of Mitsuri cutting a pillar up in chapter 164 as effortless especially if that "ummff" and that she did so just shortly before she hit the ceiling is any indication. Also, I think the pillars in chapter 183 are bigger than the one Mitsuri cut up in chapter 164 if visual size comparisons between Mitsuri and the pillars can be relied upon. Well, when they are close making sure that they can't cut her head off definitely takes priority in comparison to taking a chance by just making an attempt at landing a hit on them, sounds like the sort of approach that generally makes sense for Nakime in combat to me.
I already said this before, Mitsuri already stated the fortress was moving in the flashback. She never said that, Can you share the said scan? She also was freaking out against the wolves in the gaiden but then fodderize them a second after she got past her fear. This is an equally bad nitpick as the muichiro point where you pointed out the size of the pillar that hit him. Yeah that was what I was saying, she attacks her if they cant get close to her neck and defend herself if they are close.

I already said this before, Mitsuri already stated the fortress was moving in the flashback. She never said that, Can you share the said scan? She also was freaking out against the wolves in the gaiden but then fodderize them a second after she got past her fear. This is an equally bad nitpick as the muichiro point where you pointed out the size of the pillar that hit him. Yeah that was what I was saying, she attacks her if they cant get close to her neck and defend herself if they are close.
Are you referring to the statement Mitsuri made after the flashback ended in 183? Do you actually understand what I mean? We discussed that very statement earlier in the thread already, so I'm not sure why you would suddenly say now that Mitsuri never said that. I do think that it's pretty easy to check up on in chapter 164. As for providing a scan, I don't really do much with scans and I don't have an Imgur account, so finding a proper scan to link is rather difficult for me. Let's try it with the chapter. Not sure why that would be a nitpick since size does make cutting something up harder and can make things more devastating if it is the size of an object that hits you, I also don't recall ever saying something about the size of the pillar that hit Muichiro, could you elaborate on that?

Are you referring to the statement Mitsuri made after the flashback ended in 183? Do you actually understand what I mean? We discussed that very statement earlier in the thread already, so I'm not sure why you would suddenly say now that Mitsuri never said that. I do think that it's pretty easy to check up on in chapter 164 but here. Not sure why that would be a nitpick since size does make cutting something up harder and can make things more devastating if it is the size of an object that hits you, I also don't recall ever saying something about the size of the pillar that hit Muichiro, could you elaborate on that?
The flashback hadn't ended when mitsuri said that though? Unless my manga site is trash at how they design their panels. No we didn't? All we talked about was her saying she wouldn't get hit by the same attack nakime threw. I clicked the link and it said "404 not found" and some other shit below. If its her dialogue saying "that's a little surprising but okay hmph!" then that isn't her saying her bda was okay. It is a nitpick because the author doesn't pay attention to that and it could be an art error. Pretty sure you did I'll try to find it but our convo is 2 pages long with essays on every page.

The flashback hadn't ended when mitsuri said that though? Unless my manga site is trash at how they design their panels. No we didn't? All we talked about was her saying she wouldn't get hit by the same attack nakime threw. I clicked the link and it said "404 not found" and some other shit below. If its her dialogue saying "that's a little surprising but okay hmph!" then that isn't her saying her bda was okay. It is a nitpick because the author doesn't pay attention to that and it could be an art error. Pretty sure you did I'll try to find it but our convo is 2 pages long with essays on every page.
I'm pretty sure that the flashback is supposed to end at the point where Mitsuri calls Yushiro's maneuver on Nakime cool. In the panel after that she isn't talking with Yushiro anymore, has her sword out and is mid air, so that's clearly not the same point in time anymore. Furthermore, it would be strange for the flashback to jump like that without an indication since we haven't even seen Yushiro approach Nakime to hijack her at that point. The page after Mitsuri's statement about the castle moving also shows her continuing her previous thoughts while also showing Muzan, so that's clearly supposed to be the present already. Also, the borders of the page with Mitsuri's statement regarding the castle transition from black at the top to white at the bottom which is probably supposed to indicate that the upper part is the flashback and the lower part the present. It's probably because of an incompatibility with the website, try copying the URL to another tab. I would personally not be so fast to assume an art error and I would consider arguments that rely on that sort of assumption suspect by default if there isn't any further evidence but I do concede that authors do not necessarily keep track of that on a precise level though I do think that Nakime being able to vary the size of her pillars makes perfect sense with the way her ability is portrayed and described. Not really, I only realized the size differences with the pillars today, so I couldn't have brought that up with Muichiro. The things that we discussed in regard to the pillar that hit Muichiro are Gyomei and Muichiro's reactions to that happening, Muichiro's state after crashing through a wall to the place where he encounters Kokushibo and how this happens while Nakime is fighting Mitsuri and Obanai.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure that the flashback is supposed to end at the point where Mitsuri calls Yushiro's maneuver on Nakime cool. In the panel after that she isn't talking with Yushiro anymore, has her sword out and is mid air, so that's clearly not the same point in time anymore. Furthermore, it would be strange for the flashback to jump like that without an indication since we haven't even seen Yushiro approach Nakime to hijack her at that point. The page after Mitsuri's statement about the castle moving also shows her continuing her previous thoughts while also showing Muzan, so that's clearly supposed to be the present already. Also, the borders of the page with Mitsuri's statement regarding the castle transition from black at the top to white at the bottom which is probably supposed to indicate that the upper part is the flashback and the lower part the present. It's probably because of an incompatibility with the website, try copying the URL to another tab. I would personally not be so fast to assume an art error and I would consider arguments that rely on that sort of assumption suspect by default if there isn't any further evidence but I do concede that authors do not necessarily keep track of that on a precise level though I do think that Nakime being able to vary the size of her pillars makes perfect sense with the way her ability is portrayed and described. Not really, I only realized the size differences with the pillars today, so I couldn't have brought that up with Muichiro. The things that we discussed in regard to the pillar that hit Muichiro are Gyomei and Muichiro's reactions to that happening, Muichiro's state after crashing through a wall to the place where he encounters Kokushibo and how this happens while Nakime is fighting Mitsuri and Obanai.
Eh maybe idrk when the flashback's supposed to end. Wha? I don't really understand the part of your response talking about the flashback but yeah its likely just my site. It likely is, No reason for her to have nakime's pillars be bigger over time and she didn't draw those pillars to be way bigger so the change isn't that apparent. I remember something along the lines of "The pillar that hit muichrio wasn't particularly thick" I think you said it after I pointed out on how nakime's pillar didn't do much against him.

Eh maybe idrk when the flashback's supposed to end. Wha? I don't really understand the part of your response talking about the flashback but yeah its likely just my site. It likely is, No reason for her to have nakime's pillars be bigger over time and she didn't draw those pillars to be way bigger so the change isn't that apparent. I remember something along the lines of "The pillar that hit muichrio wasn't particularly thick" I think you said it after I pointed out on how nakime's pillar didn't do much against him.
I didn't really suffer any confusion about that flashback. The scene with Mitsuri's statement just doesn't mesh well with the flashback if you interpret it as being part of it in my opinion. Define "way bigger", to me the pillars in 183 look about twice as thick as the ones in 164. You'll also need more than an assumed art error to fully convince me. I said that about the wall Muichiro crashed through.

I didn't really suffer any confusion about that flashback. The scene with Mitsuri's statement just doesn't mesh well with the flashback if you interpret it as being part of it in my opinion. Define "way bigger", to me the pillars in 183 look about twice as thick as the ones in 164. You'll also need more than an assumed art error to fully convince me.. I said that about the wall Muichiro crashed through.
By way bigger, As in the size of the pillars are actually the main focus of the panel, And if the author really intended them to be bigger and it wasn't just an art error mitsuri would've 100% state that her pillars have gotten bigger. And the pillars aren't twice as thick as the ones in the beginning of the fight, I think you might be confusing the pillars for the platforms which nakime doesn't use to attack

By way bigger, As in the size of the pillars are actually the main focus of the panel, And if the author really intended them to be bigger and it wasn't just an art error mitsuri would've 100% state that her pillars have gotten bigger. And the pillars aren't twice as thick as the ones in the beginning of the fight, I think you might be confusing the pillars for the platforms which nakime doesn't use to attack
Fair enough, but a bigger size doesn't get automatically commented on by people though I guess you are saying that with the assumption of the author putting an emphasis on the size difference which would make sense. I don't have that impression. Let me rephrase it, what I'm saying is that the ledges that make up the squares that are at the top of the pillars Nakime launches are approximately two times longer in 183 than they are in 164. I'm basing this on the panels where Mitsuri is seen together with the pillars.

Fair enough, but a bigger size doesn't get automatically commented on by people though I guess you are saying that with the assumption of the author putting an emphasis on the size difference which would make sense. I don't have that impression. Let me rephrase it, what I'm saying is that the ledges that make up the squares that are at the top of the pillars Nakime launches are approximately two times longer in 183 than they are in 164. I'm basing this on the panels where Mitsuri is seen together with the pillars.
unknown.png

This doesn't really look like its way bigger than the ones in 164.
unknown.png

This one seems to be a platform because she was standing on top of it before slipping

unknown.png

This doesn't really look like its way bigger than the ones in 164.
unknown.png

This one seems to be a platform because she was standing on top of it before slipping
While you wouldn't necessarily notice it at first you can see that the size is quite a bit bigger in that picture than in 164. In 164 the pillar top that pushed Mitsuri to the ceiling was only a bit bigger than Mitsuri but in that picture from 183 you see that the ledges are way bigger than Mitsuri's body length if you bother to make the comparison.

That might actually indeed be a platform since Mitsuri is shown standing on one at the beginning of the chapter with said platform having the same shape. That shape is the same as that of the pillars though and it does appear that Nakime can move those platforms like she can move the pillars, so they do seem to be part of what Nakime can use to attack.

Last edited:
While you wouldn't necessarily notice it at first you can see that the size is quite a bit bigger in that picture than in 164. In 164 the pillar top that pushed Mitsuri to the ceiling was only a bit bigger than Mitsuri but in that picture from 183 you see that the ledges are way bigger than Mitsuri body length if you bother to make the comparison.

That might actually indeed be a platform since Mitsuri is shown standing on one at the beginning of the chapter with said platform having the same shape. That shape is the same as that of the pillars though and it does appear that Nakime can move those platforms like she can move the pillars, so they do seem to be part of what Nakime can use to attack.
Eh i don't think it was only a little bit bigger, it looked like it could've fit two mitsuris in there and mitsuri was just lying in a position where she'd cover almost all of the space in the pillar

Eh i don't think it was only a little bit bigger, it looked like it could've fit two mitsuris in there and mitsuri was just lying in a position where she'd cover almost all of the space in the pillar
I was meaning that less in terms of surface area and more in terms of lengths.

Idk why a longer pillar would deal more damage than a shorter one, The shorter one will actually move faster due to less weight and deal more damage meanwhile the weight advantage of the longer one doesn't matter since only a portion of the weight would actually impact the target.

Idk why a longer pillar would deal more damage than a shorter one, The shorter one will actually move faster due to less weight and deal more damage meanwhile the weight advantage of the longer one doesn't matter since only a portion of the weight would actually impact the target.
I don't mean the height of the pillars but the length of the ledges that make up the top of the pillars and form squares. Why would I be talking about the length of the pillars when we never actually see their full length on the panels as far as I'm aware?

I don't mean the height of the pillars but the length of the ledges that make up the top of the pillars and form squares. Why would I be talking about the length of the pillars when we never actually see their full length on the panels as far as I'm aware?
I don't know if that'll boost the damage by much still.

I don't know if that'll boost the damage by much still.
You're right. More mass would make moving something harder though it would also make it harder to just cut the whole thing apart. If the attack comes from above, then you would also be able to make use of gravity to make things easier and Nakime has shown herself to be able to attack from different directions.

You're right. More mass would make moving something harder though it would also make it harder to just cut the whole thing apart. If the attack comes from above, then you would also be able to make use of gravity to make things easier and Nakime has shown herself to be able to attack from different directions.
Afaik you don't need to cut the whole thing to stop you from getting crushed, because the slashes mitsuri made didn't seem to cover the whole pillar when she sliced one at chapter 164

Afaik you don't need to cut the whole thing to stop you from getting crushed, because the slashes mitsuri made didn't seem to cover the whole pillar when she sliced one at chapter 164
As far as I can tell Mitsuri cut up the entire top surface of the pillar in order to create enough space for herself to get away before the collision with the ceiling happened.

As far as I can tell Mitsuri cut up the entire top surface of the pillar in order to create enough space for herself to get away before the collision with the ceiling happened.
You said "Cut the whole thing apart" which I thought was you saying cutting the entire pillar, It'd make it harder but not to any significant degree, I also don't know when mitsuri tried or had to slice the surface of the pillar at chapter 183 which is where her pillars got bigger so I don't know if it really matters here

You said "Cut the whole thing apart" which I thought was you saying cutting the entire pillar, It'd make it harder but not to any significant degree, I also don't know when mitsuri tried or had to slice the surface of the pillar at chapter 183 which is where her pillars got bigger so I don't know if it really matters here
Cut the whole thing apart like Mitsuri did in 164. Cutting the whole pillar apart up to the base of the pillar which is who know how far away sounds ridiculous and redundant no matter how you imagine or interpret that. I don't see any attempt from Mitsuri to cut up the pillars in 183, so I guess it really doesn't matter that much in that particular context but you did bring up Mitsuri's feat cutting a pillar apart in 164 to say that her reaction in 183 was just her mindlessly panicking.
She clearly was when she said she might die in the later chapters despite effortlessly smashing the pillar that was going to smash her.

Last edited:
The flashback hadn't ended when mitsuri said that though?
Actually, since you read it from right to left it ends with Yushiro's statement about how he'll trick Muzan, so that the Demon Slayer Corps can gather its forces at Muzan's location and attack him. Also, since Mitsuri calls the maneuver cool in a box and not in a speech bubble I'm pretty sure that this is something she is thinking and not something that she's saying. These aren't particularly important details but I've felt like pointing that out since I said something wrong about when exactly the flashback ends and failed to mention anything about Mitsuri thinking and not saying something at that particular point.

Cut the whole thing apart like Mitsuri did in 164. Cutting the whole pillar apart up to the base of the pillar which is who know how far away sounds ridiculous and redundant no matter how you imagine or interpret that. I don't see any attempt from Mitsuri to cut up the pillars in 183, so I guess it really doesn't matter that much in that particular context but you did bring up Mitsuri's feat cutting a pillar apart in 164 to say that her reaction in 183 was just her mindlessly panicking.
You said "the whole thing" and didn't specify what the "thing" was supposed to mean so I went with pillars. That was what I was saying? "I also don't know when mitsuri tried or had to slice the surface of the pillar at chapter 183". Yeah I did.
Actually, since you read it from right to left it ends with Yushiro's statement about how he'll trick Muzan, so that the Demon Slayer Corps can gather its forces at Muzan's location and attack him. Also, since Mitsuri calls the maneuver cool in a box and not in a speech bubble I'm pretty sure that this is something she is thinking and not something that she's saying. These aren't particularly important details but I've felt like pointing that out since I said something wrong about when exactly the flashback ends and failed to mention anything about Mitsuri thinking and not saying something at that particular point.
Alright. The point still stands, literally nothing changes so I don't see why you need to bring it up.

You said "the whole thing" and didn't specify what the "thing" was supposed to mean so I went with pillars. That was what I was saying? "I also don't know when mitsuri tried or had to slice the surface of the pillar at chapter 183". Yeah I did.

Alright. The point still stands, literally nothing changes so I don't see why you need to bring it up.
Okay, I guess I should have been more specific than "thing" but I still don't think that the interpretation of whole pillars actually makes sense in that context if you think about it. I made an observation that was in line with what you said and then agreed that it doesn't matter much here.

These aren't particularly important details but I've felt like pointing that out since I said something wrong about when exactly the flashback ends and failed to mention anything about Mitsuri thinking and not saying something at that particular point.
That's really just me pointing minor details out. The idea of not bringing it up when both of us did in fact have some misconceptions here just didn't sit right with me, so I wanted to mention it even though it isn't actually important. It isn't even an argument.

Okay, I guess I should have been more specific than "thing" but I still don't think that the interpretation of whole pillars actually makes sense in that context if you think about it. I made an observation that was in line with what you said and then agreed that it doesn't matter much here.

That's really just me pointing minor details out. The idea of not bringing it up when both of us did in fact have some misconceptions here just didn't sit right with me, so I wanted to mention it even though it isn't actually important. It isn't even an argument.
Alright, So ig we have nothing to discuss now?

Alright, So ig we have nothing to discuss now?
I guess? The original topic of this discussion was whether or not Nakime can harm Mitsuri and Obanai with her attacks at all if I remember that right. Do we actually have a conclusion we agree with here?

I just realized me and nehz's debate wasn't on topic with the OP.
I realized that myself and was planning to just update the title and OP once we were done with our discussion.

I guess? The original topic of this discussion was whether or not Nakime can harm Mitsuri and Obanai with her attacks at all if I remember that right. Do we actually have a conclusion we agree with here?
Yeah, we agreed on nakime just scaling far above the lower moons but not scaling to the pillars.

Yeah, we agreed on nakime just scaling far above the lower moons but not scaling to the pillars.
Okay, I do recall that we agreed that Nakime quite definitely scaled to a level where she could fodderize Lower Moons earlier. The discussion afterwards was whether or not her attacks deal damage to Mitsuri and Obanai, and how her standard usage of the environment in the Infinity Castle via her Blood Demon Art relates to her Attack Potency. Anything that I'm forgetting here?

Okay, I do recall that we agreed that Nakime quite definitely scaled to a level where she could fodderize Lower Moons earlier. The discussion afterwards was whether or not her attacks deal damage to Mitsuri and Obanai, and how her standard usage of the environment in the Infinity Castle via her Blood Demon Art relates to her Attack Potency. Anything that I'm forgetting here?
Nah nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back